Butts and Guts on Crack!!!!

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Cathe:

The blog update made my day! :) The Butts and Guts leg blast premix is my favorite lower body workout of all time! No matter what the rest of this series is like, $200.00 is a small price to pay for Butts and Guts on crack! :7 I am shaking in my Nike Shox in anticipation of this one! :eek:

I am loving the pictures of the lower body workouts with the fresh new moves. I can tell that STS will be anything but boring. I enjoy non-weighted lower body work, so I am very happy that it will be incorporated into the first mesocycle.

Thank you for sharing these rehearsal pictures. The lower body workouts are nothing like what I imagined when I read about the need for a squat rack, and that is a good thing. ;-) What I am seeing is destined to be a personal favorite.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Poor choice of word. "Endorphins" is exceptable. This is BAD marketing. This is a product that encourages HEALTH not addiction. I understand your excitment at promoting a product. This is a step too far in blatent marketing.

I agree. Additionally, crack produces an intense, short-lived, and ultimately destructive high, I think the metaphor falls apart.

However, maybe I am too cynical.

I am watching a family member losing everything to crack as we speak..It is sad and horrible. Bad choice of words. Crack will never be a joke! Peggy

Words and Apology

Words are powerful indeed. I apologize if the title of my thread offended you. I was quoting the blog, not making light of a serious addiction. I often refer to the Kick Max blast challenge as cardio cocaine. There is so much offense taken around here lately when none was intended. I pray before responding to most threads. It never occurred to me that anyone would be offended by the title of this one. If you have read many of my posts, you will know that I am not one to intentionally hurt anyone. I personally have no issue with this comment and do not believe Cathe, Chris, or the crew intended to make light of drug addiction. Almost everything we write has the potential to offend someone. Have you ever jokingly asked a friend, “Are you nuts?” That could offend someone with a mental health disorder. Having said that, I understand that we are all sensitive to certain words, phrases, and issues as a result of life experiences.

Peggy, I am sorry to hear that you are watching a family member lose everything to this addiction. It is understandable why this touched a nerve in you. I can assure you that it was not my intent to make light of a serious addiction with the title of this thread. I usually choose my words with care. Please forgive me. I have been wounded deeply by careless words, and it makes me sad that my thread upset you. :-(

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Sorry if you’re offended as this certainly was not our goal, but this is a joke that is used in various forms by comedians on TV and by ordinary people on the internet and daily speak all the time. We’re not making fun of people with a drug dependency nor are we encouraging the use of drugs. The joke is about a “workout” not “people” and that is why it is funny. If the joke was about a person I could see your point. This expression was used by one of our crew members to describe the workout after the first time she did it and everyone thought it was funny and accurately described the workout in as few words as possible.

Peggy sorry for what you are going through I lost a high-school boyfriend through death. I found no offense to this statement what-so-ever this is a personal decision each person makes and with those actions come consequences.

beth6395

"Double Knot your laces and let's move on"
-Cathe Friedrich

I just giggled at the juxtaposition of "Butts" and crack! (and wasn't thinking of the drug, folks!)

EXACTLY the crack that I thought of Kathryn!

Just goes to show you that many many words have various meanings & we shouldnt get all upset & think people are being un-kind. The poor folks from other parts of the globe who frequent here probably dont have a clue half the time what all of us are talking about!

Life's waaaaay to short to be so upset with each other when its all innocent.

SNM

I never thought for one minute Cathe was promoting drugs. We all know everyone has their own sense of humor. What bothers me is now there is a Cathe /Crack connection.
I don't want to think about crack reading a blog or doing a workout.
I do not know what a crack high feels like, but associating it to a workout just doesn't sit well with me. I am sure I'll get over it...I just wish I didn't have to...Respectfully, Peggy

Heather,
Your response was both eloquent and beautiful. No one--and I mean NO ONE--thought you meant anything by your thread other than to express your excitement and praise towards Cathe and crew for another great workout. I just wanted to make sure you knew that.

On another note, I can not believe that something like this is igniting yet another upset on this forum. I can't take people's sensitivites anymore.

We all know perfectly well that Cathe and Chris meant NOTHING by writing that comment. I, personally, have said the similar things about your workouts.

We all need to take a deep breath and realize that not everyone in this world is out to get us and/or offend us.

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Joke

It's fair to say that not everyone will laugh at every joke. Some people may think that references to illegal drugs in business marketing is in poor taste, regardless of intention.

RE: Joke

Now poor Cathe and SNM are going to have to be even more careful and guarded and to watch their choice of words and make sure that any attempts at humor and fun could not possibly offend anybody. So thanks to those who are making a big deal about an innocent joke. Good job policing Cathe and her blog on her own website.

Amy

Some people really do need to get a life. I'm sure that Cathe meant no harm in the comment. It was a joke and should be treated as one.

Lauren

It's obvious nothing has really changed here. Same ol same ol. Everyone projecting their issues into the words of others. It's such a shame to let the loud voices of a few dictate what is right/wrong, correct/incorrect.
For all of you:
1. Take a deep breath.
2. For crying out loud SMILE.
3. Have a nice day while you live and let live.

I knew exactly what you meant. I too agree that we as a people are too ultrasensitive today. We all know that Cathe promotes being healthy, and of course an abuse of drugs contradicts being healthy.

>Some people really do need to get a life. I'm sure that
>Cathe meant no harm in the comment. It was a joke and should
>be treated as one.
>
>Lauren

I couldn't agree more.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.