Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Hey Ladies! Today was shoulder day for me and I "busted em up"! I did 15 sets of strict press ( 2 of which were push press), 3x10 side laterals,3x10 rear delts, 1x12 shoulder press, and 2x30 barbell shrugs, and finished with abs, seated knee ups, 2x25, and cable crunches, 2x20. I'm not sure why it feels so good to be tired.....but it does!! Have a great day all!

Hey Ladies! Today was shoulder day for me and I "busted em up"! I did 15 sets of strict press ( 2 of which were push press), 3x10 side laterals,3x10 rear delts, 1x12 shoulder press, and 2x30 barbell shrugs, and finished with abs, seated knee ups, 2x25, and cable crunches, 2x20. I'm not sure why it feels so good to be tired.....but it does!! Have a great day all!

WOW!!!!! Great job!!!!!

Today was bis and tris and it was another high volume/ low weight day. Did supersets, dumbbell curl/skullcrusher, barbell curl/ barbell skullcrusher ( I had to quit the barbell curls, I went light but just too uncomfortable). I followed with tri pushdowns/ con curls and this was fine, doing 5x10 each, followed by crossbody tri's/short rom isos 3x10 and 3x25 on isos, and finished with diamond pushups 1x30(near fail) and 1 more set of conc curls to near fail, 1x16 each. Yesterday I moved a Schwinn airdyne to the w/o room from the garage, and I am going to incorporate it into w/o's for cardio since it is about the only cardio I can stand!! Hope the weekend is good for all!

Today was a core and deadlift day. I started light on deads and they still felt HEAVY...knew it wouldn't be a good one, but did 5 sets of doubles. Next were 2x8 of Nathalie's staggard deads (these really seem to isolate what I sit on!!lol) I finished with 100 crunches (x50x30x20) and 2x40 cable crunches. Not a good day, but not a total loss! Go get the weekend Ladies!!

I am leaving Wed to take DW up for her second knee replacement, so I again moved w/o's up a day, and today was chest day, a pretty good one too. After yesterdays lousy day I wasn't expecting a lot, but I was able to get pretty high volume in and went heavy. I did 12 working sets of bench, 5 sets of inclined bench, and 3 sets of pushups, by then those three sets were all near failure x25 x20 x15! I feel like I got a "good fry on"! I was able to do some work over 200# and that felt good! I moved my grip in and I guess I must be tri dominant on bench because it seemed to help! I found the same thing with overhead pressing, wide just hurt the shoulders, when I narrowed the grip, the pain went away and I could do more!! Hope the weekend went well for all Builders and Sculptors!

Greetings everyone,

Here was my rotation for last week.

Day 1 STS Total Body (knee problems vanished)
Day 2 ICE Low Impact Blizzard Blast (of course I loved it)
Day 3 Lean Legs (no abs, no barre) (liked it much better than when I first purchased it)
Day 4 Kickmax (no blasts) (loved it and was a sweaty mess when it was over)
Day 5 REST
Day 6 STS Total Body

My knee was really bothering earlier in the week. I was actually limping. Normally I wouldn't work out feeling that way and I couldn't understand why my knee was bothering me. Anyway I decided to do STS Total Body anyway, since I scheduled it and I was just going to modify the leg trisets. The more I did the workout, the less discomfort in my knee and I didn't have to modify. By the end of the workout my knee was fine. STS healed my knee- weird I know but my knee hasn't bothered me since. I completed the rest of the week with no problems. I'm actually considering doing another cycle of STS. I really enjoyed STS the first time I completed it and I really like knowing what workout I'm going to do everyday. And I had amazing results without really doing as much cardio as recommended. We will see. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Good Monday all! Lat day here, and did 3x10 and 2x8 lat pulldowns, 1x5 heavy bent over rows, 1x10 deadlifts (light), 3x10 dumbbell rows, and 1 short set of chin ups x5 (not pushing the envelope on these) and finished with 1x20 cable crunches (did raise the weight 10#). Hope the week starts well for everyone!

Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing well.

Saturday was the treadmill.

Yesterday was EBE2 Weighted + Plyo Legs. I also added on the med ball segment from Ab Circuits and a segment from Total Body Stretching.

This is my last week for my EBE2 rotation. I'd say overall I enjoyed the workouts and they are pretty tough, but I'm ready to move on to something else. I think next week will be a week of random DVDS I just purchased, and then I think I will move on to a combination of Hammer & Chisel and 22 Hard Corps. Of course, this is all contingent upon whatever Cathe has new in store for us. :D:D She will definitely come first!

On a funny side note...During EBE2, Ingrid calls a few of her fellow exercisers 'Mama'...saying things like "Come on, Mama" or "You can do it, Mama". And of course, she's got the thick Brazilian accent while saying it. Well, my cat's name is Mama Kitty, Mama for short. I now find myself thinking of Ingrid whenever I call my cat ("Come on, Mama!") and even feel like I let a little of that Brazilian accent creep in when doing it. Weird, I know! :p:p:rolleyes:

On a funny side note...During EBE2, Ingrid calls a few of her fellow exercisers 'Mama'...saying things like "Come on, Mama" or "You can do it, Mama". And of course, she's got the thick Brazilian accent while saying it. Well, my cat's name is Mama Kitty, Mama for short. I now find myself thinking of Ingrid whenever I call my cat ("Come on, Mama!") and even feel like I let a little of that Brazilian accent creep in when doing it. Weird, I know! :p:p:rolleyes:

Lol Jodi --- Please do not make the cat do ingrid glute training :D
Ingrid is spanish despite the brazilian accent. She has probably lived in Brazil long time.:)

Yesterday was EBE2 Weighted + Plyo Legs. I also added on the med ball segment from Ab Circuits and a segment from Total Body Stretching.

This is my last week for my EBE2 rotation. I'd say overall I enjoyed the workouts and they are pretty tough, but I'm ready to move on to something else. I think next week will be a week of random DVDS I just purchased, and then I think I will move on to a combination of Hammer & Chisel and 22 Hard Corps. Of course, this is all contingent upon whatever Cathe has new in store for us. :D:D She will definitely come first!

That made me laugh!! Good humor for a Monday!!!

I was in a hurry this morning and did an ME Prime workout, I had to modify a few things, but I felt better this time going through it, then i did before. Was a good short combo workout. Tomorrow I hope to hit the gym for some legs!

Good Morning Ladies! Leg day consisted of 9 sets of squats, mostly up in 20# increments..all sets triples, 3x8 dumbbell reverse lunges, 1x8 straight leg staggard deadlifts (dumbbells), barbell calf raises x30x25x20. Have a terrific Tuesday All!!

Tom, what an awesome leg day!

Today's cardio was Rock'm Sock'm. I know, I know, I did boxing yesterday, but I just couldn't get this workout off my mind all day. The heart wants what it wants. LOL!

Good Morning Ladies! I had a great shoulder day and got a new pr on strict press..really didn't expect it but pumped about it! I did 12 working sets of strict press, 3 sets of side laterals, 3 sets of rear delt flys,and 3 sets of barbell shrugs.I am heading to Minn. today for DW's second knee replacement. There is a gym there, not sure what they have, but will make do!! Dawn, I am going to get to check out your fabulous weather!!! Have a great day everyone!!

At Mayo today, waiting for DW to get xrays. I was able to get a light arm day in, super sets. Skullcrushers/ hammer curls 3x15, kickbacks/ conc curls 3x10, and close grip pushups/ bi isos, x25 x20 x10. Kept it light because heavier caused some tendon soreness....getting wiser in my old age!!! Have a great day All!

Today I did Lower body blast, actually part of it, then I stopped and did some barbell glute bridges ss with some band hip extensions, then walked on the tread for bit. busy week ahead, I never made it to the gym yesterday, darn work got in my way. I'm going to just go on Saturday now when I'm not rushed with work, then try to get on a 2 day/week schedule for legs. Upper body I do fine at home, but I want some heavier stuff and different things for my legs. Have a great day everyone, feel bad I haven't checked in much. been so busy, working on Cert level 2 now and it's heavy in the science and biochem yet..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.