Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Hi Everyone,

I am re-starting STS tomorrow as part of a long and committed Bodybuilding/Sculpting rotation. For those wondering what I am referring to, Here is the link:

Rotation for Body Building.
http://cathe.com/forum/threads/rotation-for-body-building.287493/

To kick off both check- ins and discussions around building muscles, I thought of sharing articles on the topic. Also I have included cathe's article about lifting heavy hoping to encourage all of us who truly have a (itchy ) DESIRE to build muscles

http://cathe.com/the-bodybuilding-benefits-of-salmon
http://cathe.com/weightlifting-myths-debunked

I really would like to hear from all of you. Remember "We are all in this quest together"

Hope to hear from you buddies ;-)

Muscle Sculpting vs Body Building Real Hollywood Trainer workout advice health chat - YouTube This is about pure bodybuilding and bodysculpting. I have posted this to have an idea about the difference between them.

Kind Regards,

Last edited:
Your links didn't show up on this post--but they work fine in your other post. I'm joining the check in! I'm excited about starting STS/bodybuilding rotation tomorrow! I posted a reply to your other post, too, but it disappeared. Oh well--I'll just check in here!

Last edited:
Day one - LBB morning and disc 1 evening

Hi Everyone,

I have just completed Day one which consisted of Lower Body Blast morning and disc 1 STS evening uk time.

Floor segment burnt my legs as always. During leg press I kept the tension so long that my muscle shouted at me! I felt as a syringe was inserted right in the belly of my cheek lol. You know what cheek Cathe talks about buddies;-) uh that was a shock.

• Disc 1 push up bootcamp style. Uh I forgot this was part of disc 1 content. What a way to kick off STS? On top of all other push up sets. It is all good. No modification and I am very happy;-)

Hope to hear from you all:)

Hello Ladies!
I'd like to join in. To be honest, I've never participated in a Check-In, so I hope I can keep up. Nathalie, I was really excited when I saw your post this morning because I had just finished STS Disc 1. What great timing!

Sunday (yesterday) I decided I was just going to "bite the bullet" and start STS. I've been thinking about doing the 1RM tests for 3 weeks now and just never got to it. :confused: I will use my XTrain #'s as a guide for my weight choices. My original thought was to do the 5.5 or 6.5 month STS program and possibly follow with the Bodybuilding Rotation. But hey, if you're all doing the 3.5 month program, I can do that too! This is my first time doing STS ... and I've wanted to do that Bodybuilding Rotation for quite a while now.

I went a little conservative with my weights this morning with Disc 1 - Chest, Shoulders, and Biceps. I had to. :eek: On Sunday I did XTrain Bi's & Tri's and the day before was XTrain Chest Back & Shoulders. :eek: I know, that was not a good idea. My UB is tired!!! :p I should have started with the legs DVD but I didn't think of that until early this morning when I realized my biceps were sore, and at that early time my brain couldn't change course. ... So I'm happy to be doing cardio tomorrow!

Nathalie, I look forward to reading those linked articles! Thank you! :D

Hello Ladies!
I'd like to join in. To be honest, I've never participated in a Check-In, so I hope I can keep up. Nathalie, I was really excited when I saw your post this morning because I had just finished STS Disc 1. What great timing!

Sunday (yesterday) I decided I was just going to "bite the bullet" and start STS. I've been thinking about doing the 1RM tests for 3 weeks now and just never got to it. :confused: I will use my XTrain #'s as a guide for my weight choices. My original thought was to do the 5.5 or 6.5 month STS program and possibly follow with the Bodybuilding Rotation. But hey, if you're all doing the 3.5 month program, I can do that too! This is my first time doing STS ... and I've wanted to do that Bodybuilding Rotation for quite a while now.

I went a little conservative with my weights this morning with Disc 1 - Chest, Shoulders, and Biceps. I had to. :eek: On Sunday I did XTrain Bi's & Tri's and the day before was XTrain Chest Back & Shoulders. :eek: I know, that was not a good idea. My UB is tired!!! :p I should have started with the legs DVD but I didn't think of that until early this morning when I realized my biceps were sore, and at that early time my brain couldn't change course. ... So I'm happy to be doing cardio tomorrow!

Nathalie, I look forward to reading those linked articles! Thank you! :D

Excellent, please do join us.
Hope your Biceps feel better tomorrw.

So excited to re-start STS:D:D:D
I too looking forward to reading from everyone ;-)

Hello Nathalie and bzbnmom--I'm checking in! I did Disk 1 this morning and you're right--I had forgotten how many pushups there were. So many! I loved it tho--I have been missing STS, so it was nice to be back at it. Then after work I did Hardstrikes.

bzbnmom--I am doing it pyramid style--meso 1, meso 2, meso 3, meso 2, meso 1. So it will take about 6 months. The first time I did it, I did the 5.5 month rotation. I really liked that, but now that it's the second time around, I wanted to try something different.

I had originally done 1RM prior to doing STS the first time. But since I just finished STS about 6 weeks ago, I just tweaked my 1RM using the weights I finished with in meso 3. Some of the exercises were easier than I remembered and some of them just as hard or harder! I'll have to tweak my weights a bit more I think to get it right.

I'm In

Hi everyone, I'd love to join in too! I've been wanting to start the Body Building rotation for a while now. Hopefully this will be the motivation I need.;)

Started the STS Series and decided I will do 6 months. Did disc 1. O my! I too forgot about the many pushups. I did have to modify. But then again, that is my middle name. LOL.

Glad to see interest in Body Building.

Janie

I did Disc 1 and the pushups got me good. I forgot how many there are and how many variations too. I also got my X10 Low Impact Cardio in.
Very glad to be revisiting STS as well. Looking forward to the journey with y'all and the final results.

VERONIKA

Those pushups are something I am working towards mastering! I'm mostly modifying right now though. :p

I guess I'm still undecided about how long I will do STS. Since I've been inconsistent with my exercising lately (months of exercise, months of none) I thought the 5.5 or 6.5 month program, but I also wanted to follow it with the Bodybuilding Rotation. I also thought the longer rotation would be gentler - I've had some shoulder injuries. Do you think that's too long though? Since this is my first time doing STS, tell me what you think. :) Is anyone doing the longer STS with the Bodybuilding Rotation?

Last night I put together my own combo and did it this morning:

X10 - Warm Up, Hi/Lo, Cardio Blast
Great Glutes - Glide Discs, Bonus Chair, Floorwork
Flex Train - Core/Abs, Stretch
~ 72 min

I really enjoyed it. :)

Hi Mary I'm the same, I have to modify push-ups, hopefully one day I'll be able to do them. For myself, I am going to follow the body building rotation as it is written, so I will do STS 3.5 month rotation.
I have not been consistent with working out recently and I can really tell after doing disc 1. I did STS about 18 months ago and it was much easier then. Oh well, this is a long rotation and my physical condition can only get better.

Treadmill and bike today, 70 minutes total

Good morning everyone! Yesterday I did HIIT 40/20 + Yoga Abs + Extended Stretch. Then after work my doubles was Legs & Glutes. This morning I did Disk 2 Chest & Triceps. Planned doubles today is X10 Low Impact.

I love being back in STS. All of Cathe's workouts give me a great burn, but STS gives me the most intense I think. I haven't felt this burn in my upper body since, well, I was doing STS 7 weeks ago! And this morning refreshed my memory that the last time I was in meso 1 Back & Triceps was my favorite of the 3 workouts.

Anyone else hungrier on strength days? I was starving all day on Monday and I am again this morning.

I always say when I do a program or rotation I will also do the food--and I was good about it a long time ago when I did P90X and ChaLean Extreme, but I haven't been doing so well over the past 2 years. In fact, the amount of refined carbs and sugar I've been eating have gotten out of hand. Well, a little over 2 weeks ago I finally bit the bullet and truly cleaned up my diet. Got rid of sugar, refined carbs and most wheat products. Because I am OCD and have been keeping a food and workout diary religiously for the past 5+ years, I am still documenting everything I eat including the calories. I mention this because I am eating the same amount of calories as before--but in just a little over 2 weeks I've dropped 5 pounds. So there is definitely something to be said for a clean diet! I feel better, too, btw. Looking forward to the results I get this round from finally doing the work in the kitchen, too.

Oh and btw--I am doing the long body building rotation, too, but I have tweaked it a bit. My first round of STS I am doing pyramid style. Then I am following the rotation as it is laid out--but I am inserting a month of Xtrain and I am ending the entire rotation with two weeks of Pyramids followed by an abbreviated P90X2/Asylum rotation. So I have more than a year mapped out. We'll see if I can do it!

Wow Jen, already done! I am thinking of adding an extra leg workout while doing STS. So, instead of doing upper body today I will do my leg day. I too am planning on doing the longer rotation. I hope I do not get bored since I like change in my workouts.

I have not felt hungry yet as I have not changed my diet and have been eating the children's chocolate from their Halloween bag. I know, self control. I am actually controlling myself. I only ate two snickers instead of three. (small portions).

VERONIKA

I had an awesome workout this morning with Disc 2! Most of my weight selections were spot-on. If I'd have had more time I would've added some cardio. :D

Fossey - "this is a long rotation and my physical condition can only get better" Yup, exactly this. And since it is a long rotation I'm hoping to stick to it for the long run. My motivation get so low in the winter months! I know doing this long rotation with you guys will help.

Jen - I was so hungry this morning, I ate a small meal (not a snack!) between breakfast and an :eek:early lunch! I'd better watch that.
Congratulations on the clean eating focus! When I seriously workout and follow a rotation I seem to subconsciously eat cleaner (not perfectly, but better). It's like my body knows what it needs. I do have room for improvement though - I really need to set only 1 or 2 times a week for a cheat meal or dessert. I wish I could get myself to count calories. I'm a number person and would like to follow calorie guidelines. Maybe someday I'll have time to? :confused: I haven't had a weight scale for about a year. I wonder if I should get one now or just rely on clothes fit.

Veronika - Yeah, I had some of my kids' mini-Butterfingers and Peanut Butter Kisses, but only on 2 occasions. I swear! :D ETA: I was thinking of making my Tuesdays a Cardio & Leg or Cardio with Leg Emphasis day, to add in a little more leg conditioning.

Have a lovely evening ladies!

Last edited:
Did Meso 1, wk 1, disc 2. Had an awesome workout and also ate Paleo throughout the day. I feel great!

I ordered a Paleo cook book called Against all Grain by Danielle Walker. I've been tweaking my forever diet and just wanted something special for a change. Because I'm worth it.

We all are doing fantastic and I'm very proud of us. It's very motivating!

Janie

Last edited:
Tonight was Pedal Power premix 1, 40 min. It felt good!

Using a peeler I peeled zucchini and topped it off with avocado and topped that off with seared Salmon in coconut oil. Then topped that off with a curry sauce. MMMM Delicious! Followed mostly the recipe but had to change it a bit and it worked.

For desert I had a cup of homemade very low sugar yogurt strawberry ice cream. Found on my tweaked Paleo diet. LOL It works for me. I used milk kefir and Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries and froze it in one cup containers. Next time will use coconut milk but will still use the milk kefir. I love probiotics in my system and the milk kefir gives me a little calcium as well.

Janie

Yesterday I did Tabatacise: Tabatas 1-3, Core 1, and 100 rep challenge Tricep Extensions.
Today I finally removed the packaging from Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body and tried it out. Wow did time ever crawl on that one. (I've been spoiled by Cathe. :p) I have several more of his that I haven't tried yet. :eek:

After completing my first week of STS I have decided to go with the 6.5 month program! :D

Janie - Your salmon recipe sounds sooo good! And the dessert too. Do you have one or two favorite Paleo cookbooks you could recommend to me? I have a child on the GAPS diet and Paleo seems to be similar, except we include dairy.

Janie - Your salmon recipe sounds sooo good! And the dessert too. Do you have one or two favorite Paleo cookbooks you could recommend to me? I have a child on the GAPS diet and Paleo seems to be similar, except we include dairy.

I have two books that I use all the time.

The Paleo Diet Cookbook by Loren Cordain, Ph.D. and
Against all Grain by Danielle Waler

I just finished making a loaf of bread. Mind you it's a close up photo and the bread is actually a small loaf. But Oh does it taste good! All made without wheat/grain in any way.

408050978.jpg

From Against all Grain

Tweaking the Paleo diet is good for me. I use homemade milk kefir and homemade yogurt and even Fage, because of all the probiotics in them. It seems to keep my GERD in check. And on occasion use oatmeal or steel cut oats and Quinoa. Other than that I'm pretty much Paleo.

I use all the 15 Muscle-Building Foods, but not because I knew about them for muscle building, but because they are fantastic foods for GERD as well. What a bonus! I also make my own sauerkraut and pickles (not processed or cooked in any way) which are awesome probiotic foods. I'm on my last little bit of sauerkraut that I made a year ago. Still crunchy and the flavors are even better from when I first made it. Can't get much better than that.

Glad to hear you decided to go with the 6.5 months. I'll have someone to share it with. This will be a fantastic journey. We'll be able to see our bodies change right before our eyes. Slowly but surely.

Yesterday was a rest day for me and tonight I did Yoga Relax.

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Second Week on STS

Hi Everyone,

I have not been checking in and I apologise for that. I am currently on a certification course and It's pretty hectic at the moment. That being said I would like to introduce myself. My name is Nathalie and I am based in UK. Found Cathe by searching on google and have been working out cathe for nearly 7 years. I was looking for more challenging cardio workout and weight lifting program. I started with Power hour and Muscle Max and the rest is history:D:D

Now I would like to share my last week Rotation with you.

Monday: Disc1 + LBB
Tuesday: TTM + 100 Hip thrust
Wednesday: AOLI + Disc 2
Thursday:LIC + Disc 3
Friday: Imaz3 + 100 triceps extension
Saturday: Power hour + 100 Lateral raise

Saturday was hard to do as I had not visited Power hour for a very long time. My second week is set on the similar format. 100 hip thrust was very hard for me and I know it's high time I start being doing it consistently before I start lurking Bret contreras program:eek::eek::eek:

Janiejoey: You bread look really good. would you mind sharing the ingredient list with us. Iam into experimenting in the kitchen :):). I do eat low Gi and found myself cutting out complex carbohydrate completely in the past. I know it was wrong:mad::mad:. I am re-introducing by having a reasonable portion of wholecarb. My weight is steady at the moment.

I will be doing the same STS cycle as Jen. Meso 1,2,3 then 2,1. After completing this cycle, I will be following the Bodybuilding rotation.

Hope you are all very well.
I will check in sometime during the week.

It's 8pm uk time, my workout this morning were: Imax3 + 100 triceps extension and 100 lateral raise 10-20 degree tilt. Tomorrow is Leg day:):):). Looking forward to it. I am so glad having to report on here. Being accountable to each other does help in sticking to the plan.

Have good week everyone;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.