Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

I am really loving this STS hybrid rotation I put together. I am really feeling it every single day. Constant DOMS. I think it's the best rotation I have ever put together. I will definitely be needing my recovery weeks! We'll see if I get results at the end of the 15 weeks! Last time I checked in was Thursday, so Friday I did RwH Plyo HIIT #2 premix 2 (Plyo 2 followed by Plyo 1) + Bonus Abs #1. Saturday was EBE2 Weighted Glutes + Weighted Upper Body + STS Extended Stretch. And this morning was Bob Harpers Yoga Warrior. And I am feeling it! Bob really stretched my hips out--I feel like they will be sore just from his yoga!

Hi everyone! Friday was a rest day, Saturday was the treadmill, and then today I did XTrain Legs, the long premix which includes all sections and the rear delt bonus. I also added on the 100 rep hip thrust challenge. Oh boy, my legs are feeling it! I had forgotten how much I love this workout.

Tom, congratulations on the new grandson! Hope mom and baby are doing fine!

Hi ladies,

Took 2 days off Friday and Thursday as I had new electricity and gaz pipped being installed
on my road. Water, gaz and electricity cut off half mornings/afternoon and just caused too much inconvenience.

Saturday: 4ds kickbox plus Tri&Bi
Sunday: RwH plyo#'2 and S&H Legs
Monday: PRS#2
Tuesday: Chest and Back
Wednesday: 71 minutes premix pedal power plus a Glute bonus

My Glute bonus consisted of:

• Goblet Squat, fully to the ground with a 4kg dumbbell i could have gone heavier.
  • Seated outer thigh step out with band, This focused on outer thigh and upper glute
I did this on a superset format, no rest between these exercices 10reps 4 sets

• Reverse hyperextension on my weight bench 4x10
  • One leg hip thrust on high step 4x10
I am aiming to sneak in this short bonus at least 3 times per week being aware of the fact that this muscle of our is lazy;);)
I am happy with the range of motion the weight bench enable me to execute. At least I can now use it more often:):)

Here is a link I would like to share with you regarding Reverse hyperextension.

To Tom: Congratulation on you new born grand son:)

Have a good day,

Last edited:
It's been a busy week! And I guess it has been for everyone else here...where is everyone??

Monday: Burn Sets, the premix with Bi's, Tri's and Core 1. My biceps are still sore!
Tuesday: Cardio Core Circuits. A great sweat fest!
Wednesday: the Bar Method's Super Sculpting. That sweet, older lady fries my legs every time!

Later today will be Burn Sets for Chest, Back and Shoulders. I'm hoping to up my weights slightly, like I did for Bi's and Tri's.

Hope everyone is doing ok!

Tom - congratulations on your third grandson! I wish him health and success. And hug his Mommy she deserves it :)
BTW the 95-year old bodybuilder is a dentist too
Nathalie - the hyper extension on inclined bench looks great. I do these on a stability ball. Hyper extensions are great for the lower back as well as the glutes. Enjoy the "bonus"!
Jen - glad you enjoy your STS rotation. I'm very impressed by your past (in addition to your fitness blog). Hats off to you. You deserve everything you achieved.

The reason for my absence is custody court case for my girl. . I'm trying to immigrate with my family. My child's father - who himself is living abroad for 8 years with his new family - doesn't agree she immigrates. Just to make me sad.
Anyway I'm not giving up on my workouts, exercising is a great stress reliever. I just completed Step Works. I feel more optimistic now. Thank you, Cathe.

I've been dabbling into Paul Katami's workouts a lot lately, and I enjoy the workouts and the instructor. During some under knee ball passes in Hard Ball, Paul says " if you drop the ball, don't worry. This is means you are.. you are normal". And he laughs after.
Paul's BootCamp 4 x 4 and Cathe's original BootCamp are often mentioned as favorites together on fitness forums. So my fitness week consisted of BootCamp 4x4, Hard Ball, Burn & Build, Kettlebel Drills & Kettlebell Kombos (these 2 in one day), Cathe's Boot Camp and Amy Dixon's Breathless Body 2.
Have a nice weekend friends!

Hi Everyone,

I am re-starting STS tomorrow as part of a long and committed Bodybuilding/Sculpting rotation. For those wondering what I am referring to, Here is the link:

Rotation for Body Building.
http://cathe.com/forum/threads/rotation-for-body-building.287493/

To kick off both check- ins and discussions around building muscles, I thought of sharing articles on the topic. Also I have included cathe's article about lifting heavy hoping to encourage all of us who truly have a (itchy ) DESIRE to build muscles

http://cathe.com/the-bodybuilding-benefits-of-salmon
http://cathe.com/weightlifting-myths-debunked

I really would like to hear from all of you. Remember "We are all in this quest together"

Hope to hear from you buddies ;-)

Muscle Sculpting vs Body Building Real Hollywood Trainer workout advice health chat - YouTube This is about pure bodybuilding and bodysculpting. I have posted this to have an idea about the difference between them.

Kind Regards,

I also started STS again, this is my third time because I love the results and want to continue getting better each time I do it.

I am on week 4, disc 10 and I am looking forward to the break off next week. :)

Hi Nathalie,

I also started STS again, this is my third time because I love the results and want to continue getting better each time I do it.

I am on week 4, disc 10 and I am looking forward to the break off next week. :)

Thanks for popping by, cre.

Excited to re-start STS too. Yep can not remember if next round is going to be the third or the fourth.
I could have done it more often--- Yes, I do love the results too. I like to vary my rotation during each round.

Enjoy your break and please keep in touch:)

Hello everyone! I just haven't been visiting the forum as much. It seemed like this check in was petering out and I can't keep up withe the rest of the forum--too many posts to try to read. But I'm glad folks are still checking in! Welcome Cre! I just finished my 3rd week of STS Meso 1--my 3rd round of STS, too. It is tough! I love it tho!

Congrats Tom! I must have missed the announcement!

Nathalie--Thanks for posting the RHE video. You showed that to me earlier and I have that saved along with the bench/rack assisted hip thrust video--both in prep for Meso 3 when I really kick the glute focus up another notch! When will you be starting STS?

Svetlana--sorry to hear you are having so much stress. Where are immigrating to? I wouldn't leave my daughters either, so I understand being stressed about that! But you are right, exercise is the perfect stress reliever. I'm a big Paul Katami fan, too. He creates excellent MWT workouts.

It's been about a week since I checked in, so here is my past week:
Monday: STS#7 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps; Doubles: HIIT #3 Pyramids
Tuesday: STS #9 Legs + 100 Rep Hip Thrusts; Doubles: STS Weights & Plates + Total Body Stretching #1
Wednesday: Ultimatum Black + Butt Bible Level 1 Lower; Doubles: EBE2 Peak Cardio
Thursday: STS #8 Back & Triceps; Doubles: Butt Bible Level 2 Lower
Friday: Tabatacise (all 5 tabatas) + Core #2
Saturday: EBE2 Weighted Legs + Weighted Upper Body + STS Extended Stretch
Sunday (tomorrow): Yoga Max

I am wiped out! This is a hard rotation but I am already seeing the results 3 weeks in--everywhere. I am getting better glute results in 3 weeks than I did from doing Cathe's Rock Bottom rotation for 6 weeks! I am calling this my STS Rock Bottom rotation! Every week I look forward to Sundays--when I do some yoga! It feels so good to take it easy after pushing so hard all week. And I am really look forward to my recovery week, too, Cre--I need it!

I took the week off and did nada!!! Dealing with the guilt issues because of it!! Diet was awful and I'm sure I dropped both pounds and strength, but that BEAUTIFUL little guy was worth it!!! Svetlana, I'm really sorry about your immigration issues and hoping it all works out for you and your family. I admire your ability to workout despite it all! Jen and Nathalie congrats on sts and I would like to give it another go when I finish Nia. Welcome Cre!! Thanks to all on the well wishes for my grandson!!!

Hi all! Rest day yesterday. I needed it...my chest was so sore from Burn Sets. I was really hoping to be able to use my 35 lb Dumbbells for any of the chest presses, but I knew right away that wasn't going to happen. But, I was able to use my 30's with my 2 lb weighted gloves on. Baby steps in progress...I'll take it!

Today was treadmill. I was rocking to some Brett Eldredge, old and new.

Svetlana, I hope all of your custody issues work out in your favor. Such a terrible thing to have to deal with.

Welcome back, Tom!

I hope this check-in can stay alive!

Not a great day in the weight room! Had to drop 10# on bench and 5# on last set of curls...ugh! Not good for me to take time off!! On bench I was still bodyweight +5# but for sets of 5x2. I was using 10# more for 3x3...Oh well, I will get it back!! Hope everyone has a great week!

Tom, don't get discouraged! You'll get your groove back in no time.

Today was a road trip for work so I got home a little earlier than usual. Now most people would think, ah, time to relax. Not me! My only thought was more time to work out. I did Xtrain Bi's & Tri's + Core 2, the 100 rep challenges for bi's and tri's, and X10 Cardio Blast. Feeling great!

Greetings all,

I haven't posted in a while life just got busy. However i completed Chalene Extreme!! I had great results. My arms are more slender, shoulders more defined, waist is smaller and my pants are looser. i started taking my measurements but unfortunately, my iPhone mysteriously erased my information in my calendar. I could have done better with my nutrition but I like my results in spite of my nutrition being off. i went to the mall to try on some clothes and was surprised as to how much tighter my body has become. Everything i tried on fit perfectly. i still have work to do, but i feel confident and good about the direction I'm going in.

Not sure of my next rotation. But i'll be checking in later this week.

Have a great workout week.

Hello everyone--sorry I haven't been checking in as often as I usually do. Jodi--I like to use extra time for a longer workout too! In fact, yesterday I took the day off work and did my morning workout + planned doubles in one long 90+ minute session! Healing11--congrats on completing Chalene Extreme! Sounds like awesome results! Tslop49--you shouldn't feel bad for taking time off, especially for the new grandson--but I do understand the self-imposed guilt! I have that this morning. Yesterday my husband and I took of work and spent the day at the fair. I have metal plates and screws in my heels which cause me chronic pain, but the majority of the time the pain is manageable and as long as I am not on my feet a lot I can still do plyometrics every day if I want. Well, apparently I was on my feet too long yesterday and I didn't wear the best shoes for being on my feet for hours either--that and probably the rapid changes in weather/temperature we've been having the past few days and I was crippled by yesterday evening. And I am not exaggerating. I had to use a cane to get around last night. :( I do not like it when I have to pull out the cane or crutches. That leads to some serious depression.

So this morning's workout was a change of plans. I had scheduled Ultimatum Red but that starts with immediate jumping and my feet weren't having it this morning. I was still hobbling when I woke up. I had to take a painkiller as soon as I got up and then my feet have to warm up to do anything when they are aching. So I switched out to Cathe's Cardio Supersets--some low impact. But even then it took my feet 15 minutes before I could give the exercises full range of motion--by the second half of the workout tho the painkillers had kicked in and my feet were warmed enough that I was able to get a good workout. It depresses me tho when days like this happen. Hopefully my feet will be better after work since planned doubles is EBE2 Peak Cardio. But I am grateful for Cathe workouts in general and especially her low impact ones. Has anyone noticed that many other trainers (not all, but most) often start workouts out with a warm up almost as high impact as the rest of the workout? Not Cathe--even in a high impact workout, she starts the warm up off like a literal warm up, not jumping for several minutes at least. And even when my feet are not killing me like this morning, I still have mornings where my heels are a little cranky and need that few minutes of lower impact to warm up before they are ready to jump. Cathe really is the best and I sure needed her this morning!

Since I haven't checked in since Saturday, here are my workouts so far this week:

Sunday: Yoga Max
Monday: STS #10 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps; Doubles: PFLO Anaerobic Capacity
Tuesday: STS #12 Legs + 100 Rep Hip Thrusts + STS Stability Ball Abs + Total Body Stretch #3
Wednesday (today): Cardio Supersets + STS Medicine Ball Abs; planned doubles: EBE2 Peak Cardio

This week Cathe kicked me up to 70% of my 1RM and wow! After Monday's workout I could barely lift my arms over my head to wash my hair afterwards! And yesterday I was struggling more than usual w/ the 100 Rep Hip Thrusts after STS Leg workout! Looking forward to a recovery week next week. Even tho this morning kind of felt like one. :(

Yesterday I did Piyo Full Body Blast and I was surprisingly so sore this morning ( hamstrings, glutes, hips and back). Burned 205 calories with that workout.

Today I had to force myself out of the bed and I completed Piyo Sweat 356 calorie burn.

I'm still not sure what kind of rotation I want to do next. But I guess the most important thing is to keep moving.

Today I did PB PR FF: Thighs. I decided to kick it up a notch and put on very light ankle weights (1.5 lbs each leg). Oh boy, I hope I can sit tomorrow!

So good to hear from others! Healing11, congrats on finishing Chalene Extreme! Good luck figuring out your next rotation. Jen, your rotation sounds so tough. I'm sure you'll see great results. Sorry your feet are bothering you. Walking around at the fair sounds like a great day, but it stinks you're paying for it now. Our fair is here next month and I love to go mainly to eat and people watch. The odd people really come out of the woodwork for it!

Hello friends,
Thank you all for the kind words.
Now most people would think, ah, time to relax. Not me! My only thought was more time to work out. Feeling great!
Jodi - I love the quoted above! Happy there are people around the globe who think of fitness the way I am. Workout is not "work" for us :)
Healing11 - Well done completing CLX! I'm not one to do rotations so I can't advise . Just choose something you enjoy!
Jen- Wish you a fast recovery and hope the pain doesn't recur. So you can hit the muscles hard, the way you like it :)
Tom - You have important reasons to be happy :) I just read your post from last year regarding the gains STS gave you. May be you can re-do STS and become a (greater) superman / supergranddad.
Nathalie - please post something, here when you are free :)

I installed a new notepad app on my telephone which requires a title of the note.
So when I record my workouts, now I title them according to the emphasis of that day :)
Here are my workouts since the last post:
Saturday - a cardio & legs day - Cathe's Cardio Leg Blast and Core Max (Ball segment) ; PM- KCM Your Best Body, Legs and Cardio premix
Sunday - a family trip (means short workouts)- Xtrain Super Cuts in the morning and all 100 Rep challenges in the PM
Monday - Low impact cardio & high rep upper body - Cathe's Afterburn; PM- the upper body and core segments from Turbo Barre, and upper body segment from Barre Amped
Tuesday - Kelly Coffey Meyer day - Circuit Burn (cardio premix) and Cardio Blast (w/o 2 - Plyometrics) PM - KCM Kickboxing w/o #1
Yesterday was cardio & dead lifts - Kick, Punch and Crunch in the morning . KCM Trim Down w/o #1 and the deadlift segments from Jari Love's Slim and Lean, Ripped To The Core, Get Ripped and Ripped and Chiseled (I use 10 lbs dumbbells).
Today was cardio and upper body - Cathe's Circuit Blast and Cardio Core Circuit ( a premix I made without core exercises). PM - the upper body and abs segments from Body Max 2

I received Trim Down DVD yesterday and yes! I love it. I'm surprised the lack of background exercisers doesn't bother me. I hope we will get some updates on the ICE series soon.
Warm regards to everyone,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.