Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Hello friends,

Tom - I'm alive :) and I'm reading the posts in this check-in regularly. Unfortunately, things are not great with my life. But I continue exercising.
Healing and Dawn - I used to be a Firmie too ;) I haven't done the Firm in the last 2-3 years.
This month I returned to some of my Firm workouts for a change. I did Total Body Sculpting, the 500 Calorie Workout (weights segments), Transfirm Your Trouble Zones (with 10 lbs kettlebell, my daughter used the original 5-lbs one), Tight Legs Killer Buns, Pump Jump and Jab, Hardcore Fusion, Classics Volume 4 and Cardio Overdrive. I love Kelsie Daniels as an instructor and like Alison Davis-McLain.
I feel nostalgia for my Firm, but have to admit their cardio never raises my heart rate enough.
Jodi - the winter came in full force in Bulgaria this January. Last month was quite warm (yay!), but now only snow and ice and gloomy sunless sky. I too, use workouts which keep my body warm - lots of compound moves, circuits and bootcamp. I will leave the isolation exercises for summertime :)
As expected, my last attempt to click with Jillian Michaels was short-lived. I just can't get used to her behavior. Today I tried Hard Body level 2 . Switched it off after 18 minutes when she tried to make me move my body in a circle while holding an 1-arm plank. Some of her moves are too jerky on the lower back and I hate to modify down.
I received my 3 new KCM DVDs (Slim Sculpting, Total Body Kickbox and Cardio/Pump) three days ago. I love them all. I also like that Kelly posted my parcel personally, emailed to me the tracking number personally and replied to my Thank You email. How sweet of her!
I also came back to Kari Anderson (Go, Reach, Push and Curl). She is a great instructor, sad she doesn't do DVDs anymore.
My weight training lately consists of Jari Love and Paul Katami. Not exactly body building lol, but this is the stage i'm currently in.
I'm taking "a rest time" from Cathe, but continue using her warm ups , ab segments and stretches. She is phenomenal in these!

Warm regards to everyone!

Last edited:
Svetlana, great to hear from you..here is hoping for better things for you and your family!! Glad to hear that the workouts are still happening!
I had a great arm day w/o today. 4 sets of tri sets tri pushdowns, 3 sets/ bbcurl 3 sets. skullcrushers, 3 sets / heavier bbcurls, 3 sets. crossbody tri, 3 sets/ dumbbell curls, 3 sets, and diamond pushups, 3 sets/ conc curls 3 sets. LOVED IT!! After the first set of curls, the tendonitis improved and allowed me to finish, but the first set SUCKED!! Have a great weekend everyone!!

A little bit of everything for me today. 2 sets of reclined leg lifts, 4 sets x8 of deadlifts, divided between conv and sumo, 2 sets strict press x12x9, 3 sets of pulley crunches, 2 sets of chin ups (still elbow issues here) 2x8, 3 sets of glute bridges, x25 x20 x20 and finished with pushups x3p x20. Have a great weekend everyone!!

My workout week didn't go as plan. Due to the threat of a blizzard I had to focus my energy on getting some things done, in case we got
snowed in. And yes they were right we are snowed in.

Day 1 Crossfire Circuit
Day 2 Ice Bootcamp
Day 3 LIS Trisets Upper
Day 4 LIS Trisets Legs

That was it for the week. Glad I did prepare for the snow, the forecast was unfortunately accurate and we have close to 3 feet of snow.

Hope everyone is warm and safe.

My workout week didn't go as plan. Due to the threat of a blizzard I had to focus my energy on getting some things done, in case we got
snowed in. And yes they were right we are snowed in.

Day 1 Crossfire Circuit
Day 2 Ice Bootcamp
Day 3 LIS Trisets Upper
Day 4 LIS Trisets Legs

That was it for the week. Glad I did prepare for the snow, the forecast was unfortunately accurate and we have close to 3 feet of snow.

Hope everyone is warm and safe.
Ugh...sorry!

Hi all! Another crazy but exciting week at work...so much so that I actually missed a workout one day. Gasp! Here is what I've been up to:

T - MM Shoulders, To The Mat...I added ankle weights after the first time rest few ball exercises and was actually a little sore the next day...yay!
W - MM Triceps, Rock'm Sock'm
Th - no workout
F - no workout
Today - MM Biceps, Bootcamp Circuit, the BB, and Core 1

Tomorrow starts my last week of my ICE rotation, and then I need to figure out what to do next.

So glad I don't live in NJ anymore...my friends and family are getting buried in snow!!

Today was a quickie, lower body/ab circuit. Bodyweight squats (tush to turf) x25, single calf raises x 50, ab wheel roll outs x25. I repeated these three exercises 3 times. I was going to do a complete rest day, but just couldn't quite do it! Hope ya'll are having a great weekend!

Today was MM Back, Low Impact Sweat, BB and Core 2. This MM was a bit harder today because my biceps are so sore from yesterday. But, I was able to stay with my heavy weights so I'm happy. :)

I've decided I'm not ready to move on from ICE yet so I'm going to do the ICE/Xtrain rotation. I've already tweaked it to fit my schedule, and I'm pretty excited about the combo. No MMs in the rotation so that will give me a chance to get to know the BBs and other premixes better.

Tush to turf...Tom, I love that! :D

Really struggled with motivation and tendonitis today, and about quit several times. I did manage 11 sets flat bench, 4 sets inclined bench and 2 sets pushups. "Me metal" was tested, and while it wasn't a pr producing w/o, it was something, which was better than I thought I would get for awhile! Have a great start to the week ladies!

Well, it's quiet in here...

Wed - MM Shoulders and Chiseled Lower Body Blast
Thurs - MM Biceps and Bootcamp Circuit
Today - rest day

That completes my month-long ICE rotation. I really love these workouts, especially the MMs. I can definitely tell I gained some definition in my upper body. I will return to them in another rotation using the longer MM premixes of 4 rounds instead of 3.

Having said that, my upper body is wiped out! Haha! I'm going to take the next week as a "recovery" week and do some barre, yoga, light cardio...just stuff to give my upper body a bit of a break before moving on to my ICE/XTrain rotation.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Tom - you are doing a great job keeping this check in alive - thank you!
Jodi, Dawn, Healing11 - I need your help to choose if I shall buy next ICE Metabolic Total Body or ICE Boot Camp Circuit.
Judging from the preview of Boot camp, the workout is more fun and I love the pink clothes and bright set. But I feel I need MTB more if it is tougher. I have too many intermediate-level workouts from my pre-Cathe era.
Jen writes in her weblog review that MTB is the toughest of the ICE series (when using heavier weights than prescribed). Do you agree?
On which of the two workouts music is better?
Will Bootcamp be too easy with a 14' step (my step doesn't have 3 risers per side)?
Does MTB have many new moves? The preview seems to show only moves which I've already done many times.
Your opinion is appreciated :)
Nathalie, Jen - We are waiting for you back friends.

I came back to Cathe for my main workouts. I just love her workouts and professionalism. I enjoyed my workout week a lot.
The weather here got warmer which I'm very happy about ! Go, January, go.

My check-in for the last week:
Saturday - Hard Strikes, MMA Boxing (cardio only) Doubles - Great Glutes
Sunday - The Upper Body premix from HSTA and the upper body segment from Basic Step & Body Fusion. Doubles - KCM Your Healthy Back
Monday - ICE Low Impact Sweat w/o #1, KCM Cardio Pump w/o #1 . Doubles - KCM Total Body Kickbox w/o #2 (this is kickbox inspired toning using a pair of 5 lbs dumbbells)
Tuesday - The Firm Cardio Explosion, Xtrain Core #2, PM - KCM Slim Sculpting w/o#1
Wednesday - Rhythmic Step (warm up & Segment #1 x 2 times), Low Max (blasts only) Doubles - KCM Body Shop w/o #2
Yesterday - Jillian Michaels 1 Week Shred (toning w/o) Doubles KCM Cardio Pump (w/o 2 - pyramid lifting)
Today - Ilaria Montagnani Athletica 1 Doubles - Ilaria's Power Strikes 6
Happy weekend everyone!

Tom - you are doing a great job keeping this check in alive - thank you!
Jodi, Dawn, Healing11 - I need your help to choose if I shall buy next ICE Metabolic Total Body or ICE Boot Camp Circuit.
Judging from the preview of Boot camp, the workout is more fun and I love the pink clothes and bright set. But I feel I need MTB more if it is tougher. I have too many intermediate-level workouts from my pre-Cathe era.
Jen writes in her weblog review that MTB is the toughest of the ICE series (when using heavier weights than prescribed). Do you agree?
On which of the two workouts music is better?
Will Bootcamp be too easy with a 14' step (my step doesn't have 3 risers per side)?
Does MTB have many new moves? The preview seems to show only moves which I've already done many times.
Your opinion is appreciated :)

I came back to Cathe for my main workouts. I just love her workouts and professionalism. I enjoyed my workout week a lot.
The weather here got warmer which I'm very happy about ! Go, January, go.

My check-in for the last week:
Saturday - Hard Strikes, MMA Boxing (cardio only) Doubles - Great Glutes
Sunday - The Upper Body premix from HSTA and the upper body segment from Basic Step & Body Fusion. Doubles - KCM Your Healthy Back
Monday - ICE Low Impact Sweat w/o #1, KCM Cardio Pump w/o #1 . Doubles - KCM Total Body Kickbox w/o #2 (this is kickbox inspired toning using a pair of 5 lbs dumbbells)
Tuesday - The Firm Cardio Explosion, Xtrain Core #2, PM - KCM Slim Sculpting w/o#1
Wednesday - Rhythmic Step (warm up & Segment #1 x 2 times), Low Max (blasts only) Doubles - KCM Body Shop w/o #2
Yesterday - Jillian Michaels 1 Week Shred (toning w/o) Doubles KCM Cardio Pump (w/o 2 - pyramid lifting)
Today - Ilaria Montagnani Athletica 1 Doubles - Ilaria's Power Strikes 6
Happy weekend everyone!

That's a great question. I like both ICE Bootcamp and Metabolic Total Body. But my favorite is probably Metabolic Total Body. Bootcamp feels a little choppy to me, because of the step height. I injured my knees years ago from running so I have to be careful of the step height. So when I do Bootcamp I have to have two steps set up so that the workout can flow without me constantly changing the step height. I like Bootcamp and I think its a great workout. However, Cathe has another Bootcamp workout (can't remember the exact name, I remember they have on camouflage outfits) that I like better.

ICE Metabolic Total Body is my favorite because it flows well and it is truly challenging. I was surprised how sweaty I get with this workout. And the first three times doing it, my glutes were sore. I actually have to decrease the amount of weight I would normally use for some of the upper body exercises because there is a lot of upper body work. Plus the Muscle Meltdown Chest is intense in my opinion if you use the right amount of weight. Some of the moves are the same but they are packaged in a way that feels new. The music is not that great on either of the workouts, but honestly I'm so focused on the workout that I don't even remember the music.

Let me know what you decide.

Here is my rotation for the past week. I think I will do Low Impact Rotation for a month.

Week 1
Day 1 Slide and Glide
Day 2 Cardio Supersets
Day 3 X10 Step
Day 4 Trisets Upper Body
Day 5 Shoveling Snow :((((
Day 6 Trisets Lower Body

My workout week was pretty good. I did my workouts but the snow really dampened my mood. I didn't feel like my self again until today. We were snowed in for 4 days. Ugh :(((((. However, I've fallen in love with the low impact series all over again. I really like the Trisets and Cardio Supersets is a great workout without feeling like I killed myself in the process. So the plan is to do another four weeks of the LIS Rotation.

Hope everyone had a great workout week and I hope you were warm and safe.

@Svetlana Hello:)
:)

Hi Everyone,

It has been very difficult to be consistent in my training last three weeks. I am very busy at work closing 2015 financial year.
Plus we have auditors around. Ok anyway I won't go any further about my work since this is not what the forum is about.

Here is this week workout. I resuned from meso2 week one:

Mon: STS#13 Chest, shoulders and triceps
Tue: crossfire
Wed: Chiselled lower body plus Glutes
Thur: STS#14 and Glutes
Frid:STS#15
Sat: Party Rocking#2

Last week, I did

Mond:Rest
Tues:Rest
Wed: Cycle Max
Thur:Chised Upper body
Frid:Imax2
Sat:Chiseled lower body

This above reported, I am happy to let you all know that I have finally received my EBE2 by post.
I have also added, with the help of a lovely cathletes who has kindly purchased and shipped on my behalf, PINK workouts.
The first 3 pinks are way too beginners level for me. So I will need to vary all moves.

Hope you have all had a good week.

Last edited:
Well, it's quiet in here...

Wed - MM Shoulders and Chiseled Lower Body Blast
Thurs - MM Biceps and Bootcamp Circuit
Today - rest day

That completes my month-long ICE rotation. I really love these workouts, especially the MMs. I can definitely tell I gained some definition in my upper body. I will return to them in another rotation using the longer MM premixes of 4 rounds instead of 3.

Having said that, my upper body is wiped out! Haha! I'm going to take the next week as a "recovery" week and do some barre, yoga, light cardio...just stuff to give my upper body a bit of a break before moving on to my ICE/XTrain rotation.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Congratulation completing your rotation Jodi:)

MTB vs. BCC....

I would say MTB is definitely harder than BCC. However, I like BCC more because it's just more my current style of working out - focusing on one body part at a time. With MTB, even going as heavy as possible with the weights for upper body, it's still not heavy enough for what I normally do for lower body. So my upper body is getting great work while I feel like my lower body is not being pushed enough. With BCC, I can go as heavy as possible for everything since you do one part at a time. That's the key to making BCC harder, along with raising the step height if you can. I have it set at 3 risers the whole time so there is no break to add more risers. As Svetlana said, I love the colors and music in BCC and the MM Biceps is my favorite, love the music there too. Definitely not Cathe's toughest bootcamp, but I still like it. Just my 2 cents!

So good to hear from everyone! I'll check in later after I've done my workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.