Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Jodi, my exact thought. Muscle Up as a rest day! :0

Jengolf, I am feeling much better. I guess I need to work yoga or more stretching in my rotation while doing RWH.

This morning I did cardio coach volume 2 on my bike and a nice long stretch. I wasn't sure how my glutes would do, but it felt fine. I'm pretty sure it's my periformis muscle. I had some issues a few years ago.

Hello Ladies,

Sorry I have not been checking in recently.

Yes, I am here.
Been doing the same rotation but with three days off due to a visit from a good Friend.
She travelled from England/UK to visit me in Belgium.

Today was RwH LB hiit Circuit. I love this circuit very much.
IMO, cathe has layered exercise geniously to keep the heart rate so high.
Truly I was gasping for air. Two risers on the step made a difference and really kicked off
the Sweat through heart pumping cycle straight from the beginning.
I love the fact that we had to perform some of the moves slowly.
At some point, I thought in my brain it would easiers in terms of intensity.
Boy :eek::eek:I was wrong cause it was a combination of heart pump and the remaining body muscle:p:eek::eek::eek:
It is an absolute total muscle pump to some degree:eek:.

I had few Argh moment: during the last weight exercise consisting of side lunge followed a narrow squat bending
one leg to isolate glute cheek;););). we all know which cheek cathe talks about. My left side being weak, I
felt more my right cheek than the left Grrr...

A part from this I am very happy I matched those 40 pound with Barbell Lol. Those partials cooked my legs big time:):):);)

I will revisit this circuit often.
Very effective in terms of combining heavy weight and cardio at the same time.

Jen and Mary....I am here ladies. I am ashamed to report I need to explore cathe's push and pull:p:p:p
Really need to explore work out I haven't been able to.

Will report tomorrow.
I am thinking of inserting a long steady cathe cycling workout.

Bye for now ladies:):)

This morning was Tapout XT 2 Sprawl & Brawl 2. So far I am liking Tapout XT 2 better than 1. I had a feeling that I would just from watching the trailers before I purchased them.

Haha--I know Muscle Up isn't technically a rest day--but it is in comparison to everything else I am doing this month! Plus it is the only day I do zero plyometrics, which is definitely a rest day for me! This has been a tough month.

Glad to hear you are still with us Nathalie! Enjoy your visitor! RwH HIIT Lower Body Circuit is super tough! I never know which I like better--the HIIT circuit or the RIHI Lower Body workout. They are both excellent and intense in their own way.

Jodi--it is hard to decide what to do next. I do have all of March already mapped out and part of April, but I am already pondering how to finish up April. I just can't decide. I haven't purchased Bodyshred yet tho I plan to. So I could do that. But I also have 100s of other workouts I haven't done in a while. And then I will have finally gotten through trying all of my new workouts! Maybe I will want to re-use some of those? So even tho I keep wanting to start playing with my April and May rotations, I have been holding off.

Crashing in again...Jengollf - I finished Bodyshred 2/14/15 - Whew! It is quite the high intensity program. It is Insanity like intensity for sure. I used my HRM for all the workouts as incentive to keep the intensity up there. Very tough. I'm definitely not jumping right back into another round for a while, April at the earliest, it's tempting though because it's a great series of progressions throughout. I haven't actually heard of anyone else finishing the program...odd. I would definitely be interested in your comparison of it, when you get around to it vs. Insanity Max30, Tapout XT 2 & especially the original Insanity, even though some of those are a little longer.

Not to enable - you should do it <funny! it's right up your alley. BTW, have you ever participated in a workout DVD as a cast member? I don't know anyone who's done quite as many hardcore advance stuff as you. Thanks again for the reviews, I am doing JMBR at the moment, it was a solid choice after defying death by Bodyshred!

Today was treadmill day...Meghan Trainor and Nick Jonas were along for the ride this time.

112toGuru, now you've got me nervous about Bodyshred! I remember thinking workout #11 from JMBR was just crazy. Now I'm wondering if all of Bodyshred is at that same level of craziness! Yikes!!

112toGuru! Oh wow--now I really want Bodyshred! I think I will bite the bullet and order it on payday--then start fleshing out the rest of my April/May rotation. I was just looking at the website for it again and I have a question. Are there a total of 13 workouts? And are they all approx. 30 minutes? I ask the latter because Jillian always says her workouts are 30 minutes but half of the time they are as long as 40 minutes. And yes, Jodi! I remember workout 11! Actually 10 & 11 were brutal! How does Bodyshred compare to Phase 3 of Body Revolution? Also, what is JMBR? The end of this month I will be posting reviews for Max:30 and Tapout #2, but so far I like Max:30 much better than the original Insanity--which I did like, but I think Max:30 is tougher and put together much better.

RWH Rotation Week 4

Day 1 Athletic Training
Day 2 RWH Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Day 3 Rest
Day 4 Athletic Leg Training (Leg Express)
Day 5 RWH Back, Biceps

My goal for the week was to complete 5-6 day rotation. However, I was just tired this week. I think the cold weather and
snow just through my energy and schedule off for week. I really enjoyed Athletic Training, forgot how good it was. Well,
next week will be better.

Today was treadmill day...Meghan Trainor and Nick Jonas were along for the ride this time.

112toGuru, now you've got me nervous about Bodyshred! I remember thinking workout #11 from JMBR was just crazy. Now I'm wondering if all of Bodyshred is at that same level of craziness! Yikes!!

I did not do JMBR before Bodyshred, I'm doing it now for the first time, after. From what I can tell, it is as hard at the beginning as JMBR is at the end, workouts 11 & 12. I burned anywhere from 350 to 440 calories in the workouts, I haven't averaged each phase or each workout itself yet, but I regularly hit over 400 per workout from the beginning up until the last phase, that was very hard, and had the most challenging sequencing & exercises. Even then she had mods to make it harder, I definitely have room to grow with it, a lot. It's kind of weird though, you don't really think it's crazy when you're doing it. ITMAS. They are all about 30-35 minutes long, I added warm up & cool down daily, but I'm semi-old & decrepit, I felt great right up until week 7. I am so good with that. Highly recommend warming up, and the cool down if you need it. (see additional comments below) Fun! Comes with a towel, you'll need it every day.

112toGuru! Oh wow--now I really want Bodyshred! I think I will bite the bullet and order it on payday--then start fleshing out the rest of my April/May rotation. I was just looking at the website for it again and I have a question. Are there a total of 13 workouts? And are they all approx. 30 minutes? I ask the latter because Jillian always says her workouts are 30 minutes but half of the time they are as long as 40 minutes. And yes, Jodi! I remember workout 11! Actually 10 & 11 were brutal! How does Bodyshred compare to Phase 3 of Body Revolution? Also, what is JMBR? The end of this month I will be posting reviews for Max:30 and Tapout #2, but so far I like Max:30 much better than the original Insanity--which I did like, but I think Max:30 is tougher and put together much better.

There are 8 workouts, 4 push 4 pull, 2 cardios - month 1 & month 2, opus - the uber workout (I did not do that one, I was starting to fade pretty good by week 8). There is also a DVD, meet the cast that shows some of the moves. You will definitely want to follow some of them for more challenging versions of some moves. Some are just hard for everyone.

I don't think anything was over 35 minutes, all 30 - 35. I'll have to look at 10, 11, & 12 to see how they compare to Bodyshred in the beginning. JMBR = Jillian Michaels body Revolution, lol. I looked at a blog that had a bunch of HRM (oh, that = heart rate monitor) J/K and that = just kidding....anyway this blog had HRM data for all the Insanity Max30 workouts, I'll get the link for you, my numbers looked a lot like that. Here. I'm thinking I might have to add Insanity Max30 into my schedule sometime this year, then again I have plenty to challenge me with Bodyshred, for as many rounds as I want or need to do this year. One other thing, there is a really good vibe in the whole program that really keeps you engaged the entire way. I'm finding that with JBMR too. They go fast, and they're fun.

ITMAS - if that makes any sense, yes I am kidding! Lemme know if you squeeze it in April-Mayish, maybe I can join you guys for a round.

112toGuru, that vibe you mentioned is why I did JMBR 2 times, back-to-back. I had such a good time doing the workouts with that group she had. I'm glad to hear that vibe is also in Bodyshred, and I see from some of the clips that she has some of the same people back. Love me some Omar and Kenta!

Haha! Now I feel stupid--JMBR seems obvious now. That's an impressive amount of calories burned for a 30 minute workout. I don't wear a HRM but I would not be surprised if I burned that much with most of the Max:30 workouts. It will be interesting to compare Max:30 to Bodyshred. I am definitely excited about getting Bodyshred now! I think I may even revamp my March rotation and perhaps start it even earlier.

And that is why I like JM's workouts so much. The majority have a great vibe. BR and her others as well. Shed & Shred and Hardbody are not only tough workouts, but she is so motivating. I'm really excited now. And I feel silly--buying yet another program, as if I don't have enough! But I love BR and since I listen to JM's podcast I knew Bodyshred was coming and have been really excited about it.

I just went to that link you shared 112toGuru and wow! I am definitely going to have to spend some time reading that! Looking over his calories burned during each workout explains why even tho I have not changed my diet I have lost weight this month. I think it's the combo of Tapout XT and Max:30--they can both get pretty intense, but I do think Max:30 is the most intense series of workouts I have ever done.

Oh yeah--check in. (o: This morning was Muscle Up 1 & 2 + the bonus abs.

Mary--what is RKS kettlebell? I recently got a lot of new kettlebell workouts that I am planning to try out in March.

Haha! Now I feel stupid--JMBR seems obvious now. That's an impressive amount of calories burned for a 30 minute workout. I don't wear a HRM but I would not be surprised if I burned that much with most of the Max:30 workouts. It will be interesting to compare Max:30 to Bodyshred. I am definitely excited about getting Bodyshred now! I think I may even revamp my March rotation and perhaps start it even earlier.

And that is why I like JM's workouts so much. The majority have a great vibe. BR and her others as well. Shed & Shred and Hardbody are not only tough workouts, but she is so motivating. I'm really excited now. And I feel silly--buying yet another program, as if I don't have enough! But I love BR and since I listen to JM's podcast I knew Bodyshred was coming and have been really excited about it.

I just went to that link you shared 112toGuru and wow! I am definitely going to have to spend some time reading that! Looking over his calories burned during each workout explains why even tho I have not changed my diet I have lost weight this month. I think it's the combo of Tapout XT and Max:30--they can both get pretty intense, but I do think Max:30 is the most intense series of workouts I have ever done.

Minute for minute they are the highest calorie burning workouts I have done. IKWYM about buying yet another program, I find myself getting interested in different things.(RKS now, thanks a bunch bzbnmom, lol) I have some add ons from Black Friday & Christmas that I'm still using, I really am getting the mileage out of those: a toss up really when buying, I get some real bargains & some new. I have better luck combining them now. note: I did have an urge to do some kettlebells right after Bodyshred, AOS or Lauren Brooks which I thought might be a great follow up if I wasn't so beat by the end. Actually, RKS kind of sounds like a great add on to Bodyshred, oh dear, I need to go far, far away from here! Enjoy, all!

Back to your regularly scheduled Bodybuild/Sculpt check in...Hi Nathalie!

This morning I did RWH chest, shoulders, triceps. Skipping the finishers. I did start my morning with a bit of shoveling. I also got s great back and core workout while raking some snow off the pool. I had to wear my snowshoes to get out to the pool. So, I guess I got some cardio too. ;)

My workout today was the same as Jen's...Muscle Up 1, 2, and the bonus abs. I really love this as a total body workout, and I love how heavy I can go with the weights. I'd say this could be a close second to STS Total Body as my favorite.

Hi Everyone,

Hello 112 Guru, Glad to see you joining us here. You are welcome

As I posted before, I am still on RWH + TTM&CF rotation. Because I had a friend visiting me, I had to take few days off.
I had getting behind my rotation in my mind. That was an unpleasant feeling. That being said I am resuming my rotation.
Yesterday I did cycle max. I want to start venturing extreme cycling premixes. It's just a trial to see how my legs are going to respond.
That said I am thinking of purchasing spinervals.

Today I did LIHI legs, tough tough and tough.
Tomorrow I will do Back, Biceps and shoulders plus some body weight add on.

Jen: Are you lifting throughout your rotation? Not sure if there is any lifting in Tap out.
Are there any body weight? Have you reviewed it in your blog? Max30 is it shaun t new insanity?

Elaine: Enjoy the extra outdoor activities shovelling the snow. Here in europe people do not really get active outdoor a part from Running.
We do not get snow during winter as we should. Global warming.

Healing11: Athletic trainer is fun fun...Well done.

Will check in tomorrow reporting on LIHI Back, Biceps and shoulders.

Kind regards ladies ;-)

Hi Nathalie--yes, I am doing strength/lifting. Even though I am doing primarily Tapout XT and Max:30, every week I also do STS Total Body + KCM Muscle Up. So two days of total body strength work every week. Plus, Max:30 and Tapout XT both have lots of bodyweight work and Tapout XT does band strength work. So I actually get quite a bit of strength work overall. I have reviewed Tapout XT 1 on my blog already. However, Tapout XT 2 and Max:30 will go up at the end of the month. And yes, Max:30 is Shaun T's newest Insanity program.

112toGuru--I have a question for you about Bodyshred. Would you consider the strength work in Bodyshred the level of Cathe strength work (STS, RwH, Xtrain, Gym Styles--even things like Muscle Max) or more metabolic strength work along the lines of Patrick Goudeau, Toby Massenburg, Peak 10 Cardio Strength--even Cathe's RwH HIIT Circuit workouts. I have decided to definitely get Bodyshred and now I am trying to decide how to fit it into my April rotation.

Last edited:
This morning I did Pyramid Upper Body - Pyramid Up Only. I love this one! And I really felt great this morning!

Jen, RKS is Reinhardt Kettlebell System. I has 16 workouts about 1/2 hour each, of the heavier kettlebell type workouts. I'll probably do them 2 or 3 at a time. They would make great add-ons. Yesterday was my first time trying it and I think I'm now going fit it in at least once a week. Gosh, so many workouts I want to squeeze in (yeah, even with an injury, it's crazy!), I'm just so reluctant to give up my 2 upper body strength days.

Jen and Jodi - I've been eyeing KCM's Muscle Up and wanting to do it soon too!

Nathalie - Have fun with your cycling! Sounds like so much fun. It's still on my wishlist for someday.

It's been a busy few days for me. Friday I did Cathe's latest live workout--loved it!! Saturday we got hit with yet another snow storm and were stuck at home all day so I decided to do some spring cleaning. That kept me busy (and on my feet) all day so I did not get a chance to work out. Yesterday I started Wk 1/Meso 2 of STS. I did chest, triceps, and shoulders and boy are they all screaming at me today! It felt great to be back lifting after last week's recovery week. I'm leaving town today for work and won't be back until Wednesday evening. I am going to do this week's STS legs workout today before I leave. My work usually keeps us pretty busy when we are traveling so I am almost always too exhausted to workout while I'm gone so I figure that either tomorrow or Wednesday morning will be a rest day. On the other day, I am hoping to get in at least a 30 minute hiit workout in, but we will see. I'm also bringing Piyo and Cathe's travel workout with me just in case! Hopefully, I'll be able to get in at least one workout while I'm gone, but I make no promises. Thankfully I don't travel often for work so I end up taking two rest days this week it won't be the end of the world. I just didn't want the trip to mess up my STS rotation and thankfully it won't since I'll have 2 of the 3 workouts for this week completed before I leave.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

And YES! KCM's Muscle Up is an awesome total body workout that you go super heavy on. I love that about it. I use heavier weights in that workout than just about any I do except STS Meso 3.

This morning was Tapout XT 2 Legs Xtreme. Tough workout. Super irritating, too--the trainer that is. Planned doubles is Max:30 Max Out Cardio. I think that is my favorite workout in the entire Max:30 program--so for once I am not looking forward to my doubles with dread. (o:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.