Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Today I did KCM's Weights, both workouts with the standing ab rests. Love it!

Jen, I really like your rotation idea!

I may do one more week of KCM just because I haven't had time to preview my new LB workouts or figure out a rotation with them yet.

This morning I did xtrain cardio legs and about 72 hip thrust. I didn't do 100 because I was really concentrating on my form and squeeze. I have to say cardio legs didn't seem as hard as it use to be. I seem to have gained some endurance from all the RWH HiiT workouts. :) Happy dance. I fall short on endurance.

This morning was Tapout XT2 Hurl XT. I just finished my doubles workout Max:30 Friday Fight 2. And I am done with Max:30 for a while! Only one more Tapout XT2 workout tomorrow morning then I get a rest day on Sunday--then it is on to new things. I am glad it is (almost) over. It has been a rough month!

Jodi--you probably already mentioned this before, so I apologize, but who is LB?

I agree Elaine--RwH lower body workouts are much harder than Xtrain Lower Body Blast. I used to do the Lower Body Blast extreme premixes--I have not even attempted the extreme premixes for the RwH workouts. The main workouts on their own are plenty!

Yesterday afternoon I did XTrain Legs - Standing and Barre sections. This morning was Amy Bento's Slo-Mo Strength Challenge - Chest, Bi's, and Tri's. It was kind of a bad week for me, missing 3 days of workouts. It sure feels great to be back at it.

Jen, your "plug and play" rotation looks great! I just did that sort of thing and planned out my workouts for a month, then a few days later decided to incorporate kettlebells, but then got sick and missed the 3 days, and ugh! now I feel like starting over from scratch. Before that I was just figuring it out day-by-day, but that seems to take up a lot of time because I'd spend time each night planning for the next morning. Will you be planning your workouts ahead of time or just whatever you feel like that day?

Nathalie, the one time I did KCM Home Gym Intervals I did kettlebell swings for the cardio. I don't have cardio equipment.

Mary--what is Amy Bento's Slo-Mo workout? I have heard of her but I've never done any of her workouts. Does she doe good strength workouts? And I'll be planning my workouts out in advance--a week in advance at least, but probably an entire month. Right now I am looking at doing 3 weeks of the outlined rotation and 1 week of metabolic/lighter weight workouts. And I will just keep doing that every 4 weeks. Since I have so many workouts, it seems like something I could easily do long term and never get bored. But I am sure I will map out an entire month ahead of time. But that won't be until May--I still have 2 more months of new workouts to get through.

This morning was Tapout XT 2's Buns & Guns 2. And tomorrow is a rest day. Sleeping in! I can't wait!

This morning I did RKS Kettlebell Workouts 3 and 4. At first I was thinking of doing #4 twice since it is only 10 minutes long, but I was good with doing only once! It was a "Doug's Challenge" and I loved it!

Jen, I have a couple of Amy Bento's workouts but haven't really done them. :oops: This was my first time doing Slo-Mo and it's my only strength workout from her. There are 3 workout splits on it: Legs, Back & Shoulders, and Chest Bis & Tris. There are also several premixes and a core section. It was very different IMO and although I did CB&T some of the moves I felt more in my shoulders. I'm not sure how I feel about the workout -- I'd have to do all the workouts a few times to get a better feel of the DVD, which I should be doing this week. :D

My son caught a rabbit in a box trap this morning (or last night). I guess he and DH will be making a rabbit stew for dinner. OMGosh! :eek::D:D

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

After hearing Jengolf talk about Max30 for the past month, I gave in and got the program! LOL! Today I tried out my first workout from the series and by doing Sweat Intervals. Sweat is definitely the right word for it!!! I was drenched in it by the end of the workout. It was one heck of a workout. I have enjoyed Shaun T's previous workouts so I knew there was a good chance I'd like his latest series as well. Thanks Jengolf for the recommendation! I'm looking forward to incorporating more of these workouts into my current STS rotation on my cardio days.

Hi all! Yesterday was a rest day. Today was treadmill day, and motivation came from Nick Jonas and Jessie J.

Jen, I'm loving all your latest reviews on your blog! I've got to say, Max 30 sounds scary.

LB is Lindsay Brin. She has the website Moms into Fitness. A couple of years ago she put out two programs, Pretty Fierce Weight Loss and Pretty Fierce Lean Out. I got the Lean Out one and loved it. I thought it was a really tough program, but I will say that was before I discovered Cathe. Now she has put out a few new workouts to mix in with the original program or to use on their own. I'm really interested to see if they are as tough as I thought back then now that I've made such great progress with Cathe. She put out several new rotations to go with the workouts, and I think I've figured out which one I want to start with. My plan is to dive in tomorrow.

OMG, Mary! I definitely could not eat that rabbit. I would be begging for them to let it loose.

I am surprised to have doms in my quads, inner thighs and hamstrings from yesterday's workout.
This morning was a short yoga session.

This morning I did Slo-Mo Strength again, this time it was Back and Shoulders. I loved this one! Wow, Amy really uses some heavy weights for shoulders! I couldn't come close.

Elaine, it wasn't too bad. It tasted like chicken soup. :)

I got a couple of Jillian Michaels DVDs at a used media store yesterday!

Hello Ladies,

Hope you are spending a good week end.

Mary: Please tell me you have not cooked the rabbit:D
As to KCM Gym interval, I have viewed the Dvd once and need to actually do it.

To jen: I have read good comment about Amy Bento. There was a time I was considering
purchasing her Kettlebell program. I bought Michael skogg and AOS instead.

Today workout was Xtrain, Chest, back and shoulders. My shoulders are fatigued.

Tomorrow will be cardio day.

I've done mostly Amy's cardio. I have given up on her step workouts. They where to complicated for me. I would get so frustrated that I didn't get a good workout. I like some of her kickboxing videos. She is more choreographed than Cathe and KCM. She uses pumping music that keeps you moving.:)

Today was informal workouts. I went for a nice long walk with my DH and dog. Then after lunch I took the dog out to snow shoe and play snow ball catch (fetch). I'm trying to get my dog tired. She's been misbehaving, I think it's because she's been cooped up in the house because of the cold and too much snow.

I've done mostly Amy's cardio. I have given up on her step workouts. They where to complicated for me. I would get so frustrated that I didn't get a good workout. I like some of her kickboxing videos. She is more choreographed than Cathe and KCM. She uses pumping music that keeps you moving.:)

Today was informal workouts. I went for a nice long walk with my DH and dog. Then after lunch I took the dog out to snow shoe and play snow ball catch (fetch). I'm trying to get my dog tired. She's been misbehaving, I think it's because she's been cooped up in the house because of the cold and too much snow.

Hi Elaine,

I previewed Amy's step. I came to the same conclusion that it was too complicated.
The reason why I love cathe's step is the fun factor, the complexity of choreography but layered really well.
I think cathe is gifted to teach choreographed moves in a structured way. I did not see that in Amy's so
change my mind on placing an order. I might take a risk may be in future.

Have a good weekend, keep warm and safe.

Today was Lindsay Brin's PFXX Lower Body Endurance 2 and Core Endurance 2. Uh, yeah, no worries about her being tough enough. Yikes! I hope I'll be able to sit down tomorrow. The core workout used the stability ball and started with pike ups...I knew I was in trouble! There was one move where you roll out on the ball to a plank position, come down to an elbow plank, come back up, and then roll back. 15 reps of that. It got really ugly really quickly! After a few of them on the second set, I thought I would leave out the roll back part, but that made it even harder as far as keeping my balance. Looking forward to seeing what else she has in store for me!

Last edited:
Today was a rest day for me and I enjoyed it! Mary, you have got me curious about Amy Bento tho. I put her Slo Mo on my wish list. Which Amy Bento did you like Nathalie? I remember looking at her kickboxing workouts but not getting them because there were negative reviews from people because some felt they were unnecessarily complicated.

We actually have had snowy weather here in OK this weekend (tho it is thawing out no--so now snow day tomorrow :() so my husband and I have been inside all weekend watching tv. I've also been playing with rotations. I now have them mapped out thru May. If I follow it, I think by summer I'll have actually finally reviewed every workout on my shelves. That doesn't count the huge box of Firm workouts in the closet that I no longer do! Sometimes I feel like I have OCD.

Today I started Week 2 of STS Meso 2 with Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. Already starting to feel some DOMs in my shoulders! My nutrition/eating hasn't been the greatest this weekend (a few too many indulgences and treats), but thankfully tomorrow is a new day.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Sarbear, STS Meso 2 is my favorite cycle of the STS series. Have fun.

This morning was XTrain Burn sets chest,back, shoulders and core 1. I love the straight forward lifting in this workout.
I'm cleaning up my eating. I would like to lose some weight for our summer vacation.

Today was PFXX Upper Body Endurance 2 and PFLO Yoga. Humbled. That's the best way I can describe how these new workouts have made me feel! My lower body and core are so sore from yesterday's workout, and I have a feeling my upper body will be the same way tomorrow. So tough but loving it!

Today, I did STS, Meso 2, Week 2 legs. Feeling some major DOMs from yesterday's workout---yowsa!!!!

Bummed because it looks like my heart rate monitor has finally kicked the bucket. I am going to get a new one, but need to spend some time researching to see what is the latest and greatest. My last one was a xmas gift from my husband two Christmases ago. It's a shame it only lasted a little over a year, but I did use it nearly every time I worked out.

Sarbear wow, I've had my monitor for at least 7 years and I use it every time I work out. I've replaced my battery once. I found when it kept losing my heart rate that it needed a new battery. Hope you find one you like.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.