Body Beast

I couldn't wait. I started BEAST on Monday. I'm lovin' it!!! It doesn't hurt that Sagi is pleasing to look at, and hilarious, with all his Beast speak. So far, so good!!:)

I'm finishing up week 2 and I feel stronger and tighter as well. (just brought this up to hubby yesterday) I am so loving this program!

I like some of his responses to questions regarding the program. One of the frequent questions being...fat loss on limited cardio. He said, if you do the workouts and aren't leaning out, the problem is in your nutrition. The other frequent question was if adding cardio would make the fat loss faster...his stand is, look at your diet. If you can do more workouts after BB then you aren't pushing yourself hard enough in his workout. Plus he states that the goal is not to over train but to train intelligently. I thought that was cool.

I like some of his responses to questions regarding the program. One of the frequent questions being...fat loss on limited cardio. He said, if you do the workouts and aren't leaning out, the problem is in your nutrition. The other frequent question was if adding cardio would make the fat loss faster...his stand is, look at your diet. If you can do more workouts after BB then you aren't pushing yourself hard enough in his workout. Plus he states that the goal is not to over train but to train intelligently. I thought that was cool.

Cool answer answers to question but true:cool::). This apply to any program.
80% of the input has to come from Nutrition, including for abs.

Hi, For his Legs workout, are you guys able to do the step ups to reverse lunge sets without resting? What about the Bulgarian split squats? I know we're not supposed to rest between sets but my HR was up with the step ups. You know how sometimes you come across reviews where they criticize the music, the set, or maybe hats in a workout? This workout had me so busy trying to make it through my reps that it made me realize I didn't notice anything at all about the set. Except the odd times when I'd go," Damn he looks good doing that lunge!" Lol.

Just finished Back and Biceps...there wasn't a single db or weight plate left unused in my collection! Even the one lb. ankle weights had to be put to work to help with one lb. increases! I liked it a lot!

The Build Legs workout was ALWAYS brutal for me - especially the step up / reverse lunge combo. OUCH. Glad to hear it wasn't just me! :)

You guys are going to bankrupt me.....I ordered it today!

I now have to wait for it to be delivered to an address in the US and then forwarded on to me :(

Looks like a September start for me

pump

You ladies and gents are making me jealous.
I have been reading each post on this thread.

I know you are all loving it and I can not, as yet, join you all in this fun!

Too much on my plate right now moving flat etc....
Oh well at least I have the program and should get myself ready for winter
Grrrr

Last edited:
Yeah yeah yeah but where is the eye candy for ME!!!!!!! Is one good looking lady too much to ask???;);) I finished day 5 of week 2 and I think It is going well I'm not used to 6 day programs with rest days at weird times....but I will adjust! Kinda messes up weekends:mad::mad:

Yeah yeah yeah but where is the eye candy for ME!!!!!!! Is one good looking lady too much to ask???;);) I finished day 5 of week 2 and I think It is going well I'm not used to 6 day programs with rest days at weird times....but I will adjust! Kinda messes up weekends:mad::mad:

Hi,

To reply to the question: I do not think you were being too demanding:D We now live in a Gender equal world I suppose!
That being said there is still a majority of women who think this type of workout is applicable to men only. That make some of us inclined to these stuff to stand out the myth despite the risk of being labelled "wanna be incredible hulk" or " iron weirdos". "Men lookalike" I could go on!:mad::mad::rolleyes:..

You have made a valid point;)
Hope you get your eye candies at next Sagi programs:D:)
Enjoy the pump.:):)

Cool answer answers to question but true:cool::). This apply to any program. 80% of the input has to come from Nutrition, including for abs.

I liked that he didn't try to tell us to hybrid it with another of their Beach Body programs :)
He was kind of funny when they asked him if the program would work if they tweaked it and he said if they tweaked it he wouldn't really know because....it's not his program,it's been tweaked. Lol.

It would be nice to see what he can do if they let him put out a program that wasn't marketed the way the Beast was. More like a professional intelligent format like STS.

Is anyone using Body Beast in a rotation?

I loved this one but did notice I started to bulk rather than lean as much as I wanted. I couldn't do the amount of calories he suggested because I'd like to drop 10 pounds still. Is anyone working this into a routine to lose weight as well as lean out? I've been doing 2-3 days of weights including BB and kettle bells and then bodyweight/cardio.

Yea, it would be nice if Sagi made a program with barbells and such. Cuz just lookin' at him, you know he doesn't just use dumbbells. Again, just sayin'.;)

Hi guys, I've been following the thread and I also started bodybeast this week. My question is what are you guys doing for the days that have tempo listed? Do you plan to buy the tempo DVD, do the alternative build DVD or perhaps use cathe's slow and heavy instead?

Roe

Hi,

I've been following this thread. I plan to start Body Beast Tomorrow so I'm really interested in what your thoughts are on what to use for Tempo substitute whether to use Cathe's Slow and Heavy and which one or to just use the alternative build dvd they suggest? Love this thread and the info. Feel free to share I'm loving it.

Thanks in advance and good luck with your own journey with Body Beast!

Nora

I'm just going to use the build DVD. If I do another round of BEAST, I may consider buying the Tempo DVD. Every day is a surprise. You never know. I'm kinda spontaneous.:D

Ok, I've changed my mind, again. I did Cathe's Slow and Heavy today, instead of Tempo Chest and Tri's. Loved it! I'm going to do Slow and Heavy, in place of Tempo. Just my two cents worth.

Ok, I've changed my mind, again. I did Cathe's Slow and Heavy today, instead of Tempo Chest and Tri's. Loved it! I'm going to do Slow and Heavy, in place of Tempo. Just my two cents worth.

Karen, I love the way your mind works! :) Whenever I make a plan, I always say "but I reserve the right to change my mind!" Especially true for workout rotations!

We never bought Tempo. Didn't see the need and don't regret saving the money. I love the idea of replacing it with Slow and Heavy.

I have been loving reading this thread! My birthday is next month so I will be getting BB. I'm so glad someone asked about the Tempo DVDs. I wasn't sure if I should spend the extra $. I have Slow and Heavy so I will stick with that! You guys are enablers but also just helped me save some $! Lol

Lol, we were thinking the same thing. Tempo doesn't really seem like a good buy seeing that it costs nearly as much as the sale price for the whole set. I also decided to just go with slow & heavy and it seems like a good fit!

I always saw OR tempo so I did the alternative. My slow and heavy is SO old its on TAPE:eek: I don't even have a player that works:confused:Any reason not to do the alternative listed first?? Inquiring minds want to know!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.