Any Canadians get their dvds yet?

I just got mine here in Vancouver today. What annoyed me is that Canada Post tried to deliver them next door last Thursday where no one was home so they left the slip to pick them up. Well my neighbour didn't give me the slip until dinner time today because she forgot about it. I also ended up having to pay an extra $19.51 in duty and taxes :mad:. I have never had to pay duty and taxes before when I have ordered and my friend who got hers on Thursday and only lives about 5 minutes away from me didn't have to pay any extra at all. Either we all have to pay extra for duty or we don't have to pay extra for duty they shouldn't pick and choose who pays more and who doesn't. Anyway that is my rant for the day.

On the bright side I tried out Slide and Glide tonight and that was an awesome workout :D.

Cheryl

I don't understand the customs thing. It seems very arbitrary and unfair...I am sorry that this is what you had to deal with. bummer. Why did you have to pay and someone else did not? How in the world do they determine this?

I don't expect you to have the answers, it just seems strange.

Overpaid Customs Duty!!

I don't understand the customs thing. It seems very arbitrary and unfair...I am sorry that this is what you had to deal with. bummer. Why did you have to pay and someone else did not? How in the world do they determine this?

I just had to pay for $14.77 in customs duty for the gliding discs since I only pre-ordered for those and the downloads. When I looked at the Value of Duty it says $125.37 Cdn (this was the cost for the downloads and the gliding discs). I'm sorry but the gliding discs are not worth that much. If cathe.com had put the correct amount of what the gliding discs were really worth, we wouldn't be paying any duty at all. Next time I will know not to order downloads and physical equipment together.

Nothing today.

Last night I downloaded Turbo Barr b/c I just can't wait anymore to try at least one of these out and I figure it will make a good travel workout. I couldn't get to it last night but will (finger's x-d) tonight:p

I just had to pay for $14.77 in customs duty for the gliding discs since I only pre-ordered for those and the downloads. When I looked at the Value of Duty it says $125.37 Cdn (this was the cost for the downloads and the gliding discs). I'm sorry but the gliding discs are not worth that much. If cathe.com had put the correct amount of what the gliding discs were really worth, we wouldn't be paying any duty at all. Next time I will know not to order downloads and physical equipment together.

I have had this happen before (from another company), you can ask cathe.com to fix the receipt and then you appeal the duty with forms from post office, I have done that and was successful although the case was slightly different. you have to wait a long time and I had to remind/harass customs periodically, still worth it. I think this would be a good suggestion for cathe.com to ensure they put the PHYSICAL product value on the receipt.
good luck!

I don't understand the custom thing either. I have never had to pay it before and I don't know how they pick and choose who pays it and who doesn't.

My value was about $93.00 and I didn't have the downloads and I had to pay $19.51. You are paying less duty for more value :confused:. I have no idea how they calculate it.

Cheryl

YEAH!!! I got mine today! $13.60 in duties (main set of DVD's for new series + Cycle Max + gliding discs).

Now the tough question ... which one first? I am supposed to do weights today. I'm taking suggestions! :)

Stebby

Still nothing out here in the Niagara Wainfleet area :(:(:( BoooHooo!!!

What is going on? I ordered May 1st 11am my order # 77927, my mail Ladies give me sad smiley faces now and say sorry nothing:(
They said today, if it's comming from the states it's probably hung up in customs.
So another dvd less week end.......what's customs doing with my dvd's it's been 4 weeks..........wait a minute that's enough time to do a rotation;)

Dixiedog6 and Mommapew how you holding up? Did you get your's today or are you all still in the same boat as me?

Bri:)

Hey Momma it feels like Canada Post has bi-passed Oakville. That's where I live and I'm still waiting with you. I pitty the person near me if I check my mailbox tonight and there's no package.

Got mine at 1:00 pm in the Yukon today! Yippee! Had to pay 13 dollars in duty :( Good luck to the rest of you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.