Accomplished mommies and their snoozin babes 4/18-4/24

jen lol! dh had a full dose of cranky kids yesterday and was so grouchy about it! i told him that is how it is! he realizes now why i growl at the end of the day!

Christine- I know! I can't stand when he calls me complaining about it. Its like I don't know what it is like. But on the other hand, I know he needs someone to vent to.

Christine and Jen, HAHAHA! My DH does that too -- it makes me chuckle to hear him whine about how tiring they are. No duh. Why do you think I wanted to take a break -- to go to the grocery store!

Christine, gosh, I never thought about the possibility of bruising from the shopping cart. I take so many every day things for granted.

Susan, YIPPEE on the house selling!! That is just awesome news! I know you'll get it all done -- you always do :)

Lisa, I did CLX Burn Circuit 1 this morning. Like you, I didn't really feel like I got much of a workout. I used the same weight she did for most of the exercises, too. I tacked on Insanity Cardio Abs and a 10-minute oblique workout (from a Tamilee Webb DVD). Cardio Abs was the only sweat I got today! I'll try the next 2 circuits.

I need to lose body fat. I guess it's time to accept that I need to do more cardio. Blech!

On the pizza crust recipe, when I freeze it, I wrap it in parchment paper or Pam-sprayed plastic wrap before putting it in the bag.

Allsion- Thank yoU! I have tried looking for stuff for him that is padded and does not make him look ridiculous. I love it! I am totally ordering. We are ordering some athletic mat flooring for the family room so that he has somewwhere to learn to crawl, I have to find good walls or playpen things to put around it that he can not get hurt on! Thank you so much!
As for CLX, try heavier, I was not impressed at first. Now I cannot complete 10 reps. Combinerd with the Insanity, they complement well, but CLX is not enough alone... I was laughing and thought about your aarm comment, when my DH came up last night and said my back fat was not as noticaeable as usual. Huh? Are you retarded? Did you really say that? Off to do Squeeze Stronger and Cateh CoreMax, no cardio today. Legs feel dead. Did 30 miles this weekend and feel it. Whew.

Good Monday Ladies,

I was missing you all during the weekend. I went to my OB-Gyn annual check up today and so far so good. I thought that I was getting an order for a mamogram but apparently they order those after your 40 y/o. Oh well... I told her she may see me at the end of the year for #2 LOL

Oh, what can I do about a twisted ankle. The other day I attempted INsanity after not being able to workout for a week and I think I landed wrong in one of those moves. It doesn't hurt unless I move my foot but I DO NOT want to stop working out. It sucks!
By the way, I think I'm moving away from CLX for a while, I will be focusing on total body w/o and cardio, my never failing strategy for losing fat and inches. I have to give credit to CLX, I can see nice quads definition in my legs and much less cellulite sp?

Susan, YEAH!! for selling the house that quick, I knew you'd get the offer you wanted!

Melanie, you're amazing girl, that's a great accomplishment and you had a great time! Congratulations!!

Allison, I agree with Christine, the trick for CLX is to go as heavy as you can to reach failure fast. I deliver results, I'm kinda sad that I left the rotation in the middle of it but proud that I followed for 7 weeks, my longest EVER!

Lisa, be careful lifting those weights, specially during the push workouts. I noticed that my right wrist got REAlly sore from it and it bothers me to this day even though I haven't done a push workout in 2 weeks.

Christine, you crack me up!! Sometimes guys DO NOT know how to compliment at all!!! Mine, doesn't seem to notice the difference if I'm down 10 pounds or heavier 10 pounds. I guess that may be a good thing.

Jen, how did you twick your back?? Hey, I wanted to ask you, is your lower back kinda tender from the epidural? Mine is, I remember I jerked a little bit when the dr placed it and that might've caused some damage or something because I still feel it when I lean forward or when I do child's pose. I hope it goes away at some point. I am scared to get it again for my next pregnancy.

Kendra, when are you comig bck from your vacation? Oh, DH and I have been talking about taking time off for vacation but there is always something getting on the way. I need it so bad!

Hi Judy!!
Off to have dinner!

priscilla- glad the ob went well, so trying for number two hmmm? Ohh la la!
Sounds like you may have rolled your ankle or pulled a tendon. I find I have to use my Ryka shoes, no runnign shoes on insanity and other things like shock cardio that have alot of lateral jumping moves. I would lay off any lateral moves, keep it well supported, stay low impact till it stops bothering you. My DH had a similar problem when he did insanity in his running shoes...
Allison- Thank you again for hte site. I contacted the owner and am going to chat with her, her son has hemophilia too.
Susan- Is your head spinning?
Lisa- Hope late night goes okay tonight! Miss yoU!
HI to Kendra!
Melanie- You must be so exhausted after the big weekend. And four days this week? Bah!
I am making asparagus and chicken and pancetta pasta. It is smelling yummy. I cannot wait to run tomorrow.
BBL, got to help jimmy...

I"m not going to even pretend (or fake) that I read all the above.

Just wanted to say hello & that I have tomorrow off. I"m beat today & am going to try to take it easy tomorrow.

I aim to begin Brazilian Butt Lift/Running rotation.......although my insides are crying for me to run to release stress... Maybe I can do both.

Chat with ya'll later. :)

Christine, you're welcome. I actually found the link through this site (I was trying to see what options there are for padded cart covers). Cool that you contacted her! I thought the clothes looked like fun, without looking like obvious knee pads. Way to go, DH, on the dumb ass back fat comment. Seriously, what are they thinking? I asked to DH to clarify what he meant. Apparently, he does not think my arms look "big" as in fat, but rather big as in he thinks I'm lifting too heavy.

http://www.hemaware.org/life-stages/infants-children/bruise-protection

Priscilla, I'm so sorry to hear you twisted your ankle. It's amazing how debilitating such a twist can be. I am waiting for 2 pairs of cross trainers from zappos, because my regular workout shoes were not cutting it with Insanity. I have a bad ankle and have to be careful when doing lots of lateral movement. Seven weeks for a rotation is awesome! I did STS Meso 1 for 8 weeks -- I was sooooo proud of myself, as it was my record too LOL

Thanks for the tips on CLX. I'll try lifting heavier on Wednesday. I was just proud of myself for working out at all. I was exhausted and just wanted to lay down when Drew took his AM nap. 60 minutes of fitness felt great!!

Pulling together lots of outgrown baby clothes and gear (activity mats with toys, receiving blankets, Bumbo, etc) -- my aunt donates regularly to a women's abuse shelter where she lives. I'll be seeing her tomorrow morning, and she offered to take all the stuff. So happy to find a place to give these things. I went through my closet too -- threw in a bunch of shoes and some clothes. Just found out about this opportunity today (I've been looking for a women's shelter for a month now -- for obvious reasons, they are pretty hard to find.)

Morning!
Hope everyone had a good night. K got up at 12 and 5..doable for me.
Intervals on tm on tap during nap. Dh and I were talking this morning about the house etc and before I knew it ..it was too late to workout early. The buyers expect us to pay closing ...aint gonna happen! We should know exactly where we are today.

Christine-the padded clothes are cool. John might start a new trend around town! Question-you were saying the carseat and bath were brusing John.....does he bruise more easily..or when he does bruise you have to be aware of it?? And..I talk about all of you here to dh and he knows about John..he asked last night why a transfusion wouldnt cure hema?? I told him I would ask you.
Melanie-you work today??
Allison-thats great your stuff is going to a great cause. I have a few boxes of things I am trying to find a place to take.
Morning Jen, Pricilla, Lisa, Judy, Kendra
bb in a bit..H is up.

Guess what???? I did SEVEN full body push ups last night! I am so super proud! I was playing with James on the floor and he thought it was funny when I would come down and kiss his nose. Thanks to Cathe/STS and Insanity! I have never done so many pushups in my life between those two workouts!

Christine- Those clothes that Allison posted about are adorable! I am also curious as to why a transfusion wouldn't cure it?? Good question, Susan's DH! Your pasta sounds awesome! I'm coming up on PMS time again so I will be craving carbs. I love when my DH makes "stupid" comments about my body because then when he complains about me working out, I just refer back to what he said. DOH!

Allison- I think that is wonderful that you donated to a women's shelter. I did that with alot of my old work clothes a few years back. We work closely here in town with our local women's shelter so I always try to set things aside that they may need after fleeing. DV hits close to home for me not to mention all the women I meet in my job.

Priscila- I hurt my back a few years ago playing softball and it has just been delicate ever since on the right side. It acts up from Insanity but Christine pointed out that it could also be because of my core which I am beginning to think so. It will be sore for a few days but I feel as if my posture/core area is much better. I don't have any pain from the epidural but I have heard of many women who do. I don't know how I did it but I sat as stiff as a board (through a contraction) while they entered the epidural. Even my DH was impressed because he saw how much pain I was in and moving around beforehand. I'm sorry to hear about your ankle. I wear cross trainers also while doing Insanity. I also try to land soft and not jump as high until I get better at it because I am afraid of injuring myself. So far so good.....hope you can get back to working out soon!

Susan- Glad that Kara wasn't too rough on you! Are the buyers crazy??? They have to try though....we did the same thing when buying our house. Its such a back and forth game it can be exhausting. I remember having horrible acne when going through all the stuff with buying our house because I was so stressed out!

Hi Mel! Hope you can rest today! We miss you! Are you still sore from your run? I have a co worker who is doing a 14 mile run this Friday to raise money for law enforcement. I talked to her about you and your "coffee talk" with your running partner and bragged about your pace. ;) She was impressed and said it will be her motivation. She has lost over 100 lbs in the last year and a half and doing so great!

Hi Lisa and Kendra!

Susan and Jen- Great question. Here is why... He bruises much more easily than we do. his tissues cannot respond to any trauma. you know how you can bump i nto something but do not bruise, he would bruise badly. so, just sitting in a high chair or bathtub, or even picking him up can bruise him. so, a transfusion would totally work, but they do not give them for every cut or bruise, because of cost. we have to go to the er or clinic and the transfusion would cost 6000. as well, the half life is only 12 hours, so after 12 hours, he will bruise again. so, we keep an eye on his bruises, wait till they get hard and shiny, or do not turn green. that indicates a hematoma and would require a transfusion. this is why we want to get him on prophylaxis with a port. he will bruise less, bc i will be treating him to prevent and treat the bleeds. it is exhausting watching his body and joints all the time. one of the reasons hemophiliac families get visits from social services, is that neighbors/teachers/ day care providers see finger print bruises or bruises on the bottom or back, etc. and suspect abuse. i double and triple diaper him to prevent trunk bruises, etc. ok, that was long! did that answer your question, though? i am glad you asked.
jen- rocking push ups! yay! so proud of you!

susan- could you pay closing, but not do any inspection repairs? Yikes, I hate that process. It is still too recent for me!
Priscilla- My anesthesiologist said that sometimes it will hurt at the site and that it is the uterus contracting, up to 6 months after. I thought that she was full of it, since she just stuck a needle in my spine and was trying to pawn off the pain. But, hey, who knows?
Melanie- Glad you are back!
Jen- The pasta was so good. Jimmy ate all his asparagus. I love that kid.
First night of more than 4 hours sleep last night. AAhhhhhh.

Bum Bum is done. It was tougher than I thought it'd be....even broke a sweat...I suppose from working all those bigger muscles of my quads and butt. DH is fishing, will try to do an ez 3 mile run when he gets back. Girls are both snoozing in their swings. ;)

Not sure what my problem is. I feel depressed today. Urgh. I wonder if that's normal after a big race like that? I feel restless, fatigued, and downright depressed.......even though I have so much to be thankful and happy for (which brings my moods down even more).

hopefully a short run will release some endorphins. I have been working really hard to get a full night's sleep.

Any thoughts?

melanie- so normla to feel that way. it is a huge accomplishment with a ton of work to achieve and then poof! it is over... Go for a run, and I will get back to you when the kids calm down and let you know what has helped me...

hi ladies
just waiting on our company..should be here in a couple hours

melanie-sorry you are blah...I do see how that could happen after a big event like yours though. You worked so hard and were so focused on it..and now that its over .....what to do next. We are here for you! Im sure Christine can help!

Christine-thanks so much for the rev abs workout!!!! I love getting mail..Im such a dork! And thank you for answering my questions about John!!! Your dinners alwa;ys sound so delish!
K is kicking the keyboard..hopefully I will be back before company is here
Hi Jen! great job on the pushups!!!!

So my DH now decides to join in and make a stupid comment. He says "You have arm flab" I admit, I do have a little but really???? So now, I get to workout WHEN I want for AS LONG as I want because he made ANOTHER dumb comment. :p

Melanie- Sorry about your mood. Hope you can use some of Christine's suggestions when she can post. I agree that it can be a letdown after reaching your goal. Maybe you can make smaller ones now.

Susan- Have fun with everyone!

Well Jen, I guess he will just have to watch James more so you can work out! I think maybe our husbands are spoiled by all of us!
Susan- I forgot that your company is coming today! YAY! Haley will be so excited.
Melanie- I have found that with all teh races I have done, I get the blues after. So much anticipation and curiosity go into them. Wiull I finish? How fast? And there is such a regimine that you stick to in training and rarely veer it, so that you are in top form. Check out active.com. It will list all the 5K 10K halfs, fulls near you. I think you shoudl put another in your calendar, just to keep your eyes on teh prize. Try to focus on creating a DVD rotation or somethign that will help you feel like there is still a regimen. We could create one together , if you want, and tweak it where needed... I would be happy to. I still run 5 days and do cardio DVD 3 days and lift/abs 2 days... Feel better, sweat it out. Do you think this calls for an IMAX 3? I am about to pop in MAx Plyo Insanity if the boogers ever decide to nap.
Jimmy is eating lentils and black eyed peas for lunch. Mmmmm.

Christine~ thanks for your input. I always look forward to your suggestions. :) You are so creative & real. Thank you. I will add another on my routine. I have some 5Ks on for the summer,,,but they don't seem challenging now that I've done 1/2. I want to do another 1/2 in September in Walker (about 3 hrs away), but way too soon to start training. I thought it'd be easier on family when bambinos will be 10 months old then. I won't put my family through another 1/2 until then (unless there's one close to the house).

I started Brazil Butt Lift rotation and will commit to it for 4 weeks. I also will incorporate my running into it. I ran 4 miles today & felt great. I feel so strong...even running against the wind. :D

Christine, I got the RevAbs rotation in mail today. You are a sweetheart. Is it only 6.5 weeks long? That's not bad at all. A couple of my DVDs errored out. I will let you know which ones, I haven't had chance to preview all of them.

Susan, congrats on house sale. That is HUGE news. Enjoy your company.

We decided on Father's Day visit to my Dads. We will spend 5 days....3 full days with them and 2 days driving. I will take two vacation days...then have a couple days at home too. This will most likely be farewell as my Dad has specific directions for no funeral.

Alrighty, I"m off to finish dinner.

Thanks again for everyone's support. I count on each one of you for so many things. :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.