A Simple Recipe: Mix 1 part Workout with 2 parts Nutrition

Hey ladies..

No clean max for me (thank goodness);)

Yesterday i did sts disc 19 and today i did 20 and 21 woohoo feeling kind of great! now if my mouth would just keep shut for the night all will be well:eek:

Helen: I hope i am a size 4 when i am 48! (now 3-4 depending) I am so scared of the menopausal weight gain..I don't care about the rest, just petrified about the menopot!

Jane rose: nice to hear about your weight loss...hopefully one day i to shall be mentioning mine!

Tomorrow i am not totally sure what i want to do.. I sort of want to get another sts disc 19 outta the way since it is sooooo long and my weeks tend to get busy when homework of the kiddos is factored in...we'll see how i am doing

I gave in and bought a Tracy Anderson dvd (mat) and i previewed it at work while i was doing my marks (no students..staff day)..man is she hokey! Maybe after my pyramid sts i'll give her a shot....don't know how long i would last though..I find her a little flower powery, peace and love kinda:confused:

stephanie

Jane: Wahoo! That is exactly what I had hoped to hear from people when I started this thread! :) Congratulations! And send some of your mojo my way! ;)

Steph: The menopausal weight gain is the pits. I know I can't blame it all on that, but I am certain it's a player. It's very discouraging when you think you do everything right and your body just says, "Uh...no." Great job on 3 STS discs in 2 days!

It's been rainy and dreary here the last few days. It's a good time to do some cleaning I've been putting off.

I'm taking a "do-over" for last week's workouts. So I have a 40 minute cardio warm up followed by STS disc 16 on tap for this morning. But first...Carpool Max. :p

Have a great day and stay the course! :DHelen

Thanks for the congrats, ladies! :D As you've both mentioned, it is SO hard to get the scale to budge when you're in menopause - let alone post-menopause! The scale hadn't budged for months - then, all of a sudden, there it was. But, you two seem to be doing well - hovering around a 3 or a 4? That's awesome! I think we should all be proud of ourselves! & we should all eat standing up (love that, Helen!).
Yesterday, I did IMax 2. Not sure what I'll do tonight after work - probably a P57 work out. I'm brimming with anticipation for the Low Impact series. I think those workouts will be just the kick I need to reach my goal.
My physical therapist has told me to start "using" my right arm to pick up my purse & brush my teeth again. She had me using my left hand exclusively for awhile. Another baby step! Maybe by the time the Low Impact series comes out, I'll actually be able to use weights.
Helen, we've had lots of rain here, too. I'm starting to feel moldy...
Stephanie, too funny about TA - I previewed her videos, & I just couldn't handle her flower powery manner, either!
Hope you're both having a great Monday!

Jane: My scale has been budging. It's just been budging in the wrong direction!!!!:( But, it's all good. I am bound and determined to succeed. I will never look like Cathe Friedrich...I'm not genetically superior like she is;)...but I will certainly be a better version of myself!

Steph: You are ahead of where I was when I started getting serious about exercise. I was already almost 43 when I started, so I'd done a lot of damage yo-yo dieting and only being a sometimes half assed exerciser over many years.

Yesterday, I did Slim in 6 Start it Up followed by STS disc 16 C,S,T. My eating was very good yesterday and I drank a ton of water.

Today's workout was Slim in 6 Start it Up followed by STS disc 17 Legs. Yowza...those leg workouts kill me. I was able to increase my weight nicely over last week, so I feel good about that. Perhaps it was partly due to yesterday's good fuel...??

Keeping it going today. Can't let Jane have all the success! ;)

:DHelen

Hi ladies! How's it going with you 2? Did you pre-order the low impact series? The clips look great, & I am so excited. With their release, I'm hoping to gain even more momentum & reach my goal before my birthday!
I did Athletic Step last night. Funny, but I can remember when that workout was really hard for me. Now, I enjoy it & it is one of my favorite go-to's.
Eating-wise, I really crashed yesterday. I had a good lunch, but dinner was horrible. So, today is another day! I'm not going to beat myself up like I usually do. I need to realize that I feel like crap the next day & it is not worth it, plain & simple. Short-term satisfaction thwarts my long-term goal - why can't I get that into my head???? :mad: OK, that sounds like I'm beating myself up again, so I'll stop. LOL
It's HUMP day! Hope you have a good one!

Hey girls!

Jayne: yup i ordered the new series and pretty hyped as well. I should be on my pyramid sts down by then and am anxious to incorporate them.

I have been pretty wiped out these days..meso 2 6x week is crazy..i have been totally neglecting the intense cardio in favor of good old walking,.
When i get to meso 3 i will jump back into the cardio.

I remember the athletic step as being much more choreographed than i thought an 'athletic' workout would be. Maybe i shall revisit that one..

Food wise...i am always starving for food it seems like! I am definately been eating properly (minus a few cheats) but always hungry! its crazy..I am actually scared to step on the scale since i tend to get discouraged and actually eat more:eek:
I figure i will weigh myself on my break week (12 days) so i can't blame anything on muscle water retention:p

Today I took it easy and did a Yoga (i have been irritated lately by my collegue who at 40 expects me to tell her what to do with her students, how to plan her classes etc. friday i blew up at her and told her that i had no more patience, that i had 3 kids at home, a husband and 300 students of my own that i didn't need another person to explain and do everything for:()workout and later on i will go for a walk..maybe this should calm me down and not want to wring her totally dependant and unable to make her own decisions neck! (maybe i need some chamomille tea as well;))

bbl

stephanie

Hi ladies! Steph: It sounds as though your colleague needed to be confronted. I hate confrontation, so I admire your courage! I hope things are going a little smoother now.
I go through times when I am hungry all the time, too. I tend to think that your hunger may be because of the way you are doing STS (6x/week). (How on earth do you have the time to do any cardio?) When I was doing STS, I noticed how much hungrier I was. Helen, have you noticed this, too?
Did much better eating-wise yesterday, & felt so much better today. There's definitely a direct correlation between what I eat & how I feel the next day. I may do Rhythmic Step tonight, or Step Moves. Can't wait for those new workouts! I'm loving the clips. With all the premixes, we'll have dozens of new workouts!
Hope you both had a great Friday EVE!;):D

Well Jane today i actually did some hiit cardio..its been awhile and i did the 40-20 and .75 of the 30-30 since i was feeling kind of peppy...later on i speed walked with my students for an hour. we go around a track and i give them about a 5 min head start and i start walking..really just walking..and if i pass them (did almost all of them) then i get a point and if they pass me they get 2...I won big time!!! they were so funny...look out here she comes:eek: sometimes my students (ok lots of times) really pep me up when i am feeling down:)

Jane: actually i am hardly doing a lot of cardio... mostly walking (relaxes me) and i try to get a hiit or two in but besides that i find i am pretty wiped. As for confrontation...well i am the type who takes it and takes it and then one day when you get me in a bad mood (extremely rare) i let it all out! This particular collegue has been driving me insane since last Novemer.. She is my age and so indecisive, never plans her classes and basically expects me to do her job! She takes all my teaching materials and i am too woosy(sp?) to say NO when she asks. I am a people pleaser in general but when that mood hits...well...she got it. She is now completely ignoring me after she told me that i had no right to scream at her. I apologized for screaming at her (really just raised my voice to be heard) but did not back down from my her being a moocher point! pretty tense in my office now....at least i can exercise!
Totally looking forward to afterburn! Did you notice how ripped Amanda's deltoids and arms are...????? I wish i could get those last 5-10 off....maybe they are hiding in there too;)
Helen: whats up????

Hellooooo!!! It's been a week! A good week, but a busy one. I got a call Wednesday to sub...as the music teacher. I can't sing or play any instruments, but, what the heck, I thought I'd give it a shot.:p I told my daughter that I could always bring my stack of Journey cd's and have a karaoke day followed by an in depth discussion about 80's big hair bands influence on today's music! But, alas, the music teacher left a couple of dvd's he wanted me to show the classes. So I got to watch a video about Johann Strauss 3 times, and one about Georges Bizet 3 times. Fun, fun! :)

Yesterday I subbed in the autistic room. At about 1:00 p.m. I had made up my mind that I was going to tell the school secretary that I'd rather not sub in that room any more. I don't feel all that qualified, and it's very draining on me (selfish, I know). And then...almost at that exact moment, one of the boys called me by name for the first time (without being prompted) and said, "I need your help." *sigh*:eek: I got an instant lump in my throat and was just arrogant enough to think that I might be making a difference. I accepted an offer to work in that room again on Monday.

Aside from that, we've had a full week of softball, too. The girls had 4 games this week and won all 4! The District Tournament is next week, and we have a shot at winning it for the first time in decades.

I have been vigilant with my nutrition this week, only having one cheat (pizza on Wednesday evening) and am happy to report that the scale has finally given in!! I am down 3 pounds since last Friday's weigh-in!! Can I get an "Alleluia"? AMEN!! FINALLY...:) I'm going to keep the momentum rolling through the weekend. A sincere "THANK YOU" for the support I receive here! :)

Now...I am off to do a double workout. Slim in 6 Start it Up followed by STS Disc 18 Back & Bi's. Then it's laundry, kitchen clean up, and a few errands. Have a wonderful Friday!

:DHelen

First off - Helen: Allelujah & Amen! Way to work it girl! Awesome job - 3 pounds!! High five!
I loved your teaching idea - Journey was my cup of tea! I laughed out loud at that one. I work with a gal that retired from school teaching, & she was telling me just this morning about the "light bulb" moments that kept her going when she was teaching. Sounds like you had a "light bulb" moment in your autistic classroom. What a rewarding feeling that must be!
Stephanie: I can't believe you did 40/20 & most of 30/30! Whew! If I make it through ONE of them, I feel proud. Plus you speed walked with your students? You go girl! Can you send me some of that energy?
Amanda's body is sublime - I've always coveted her abs - I guess I was always so focused on her abs that I hadn't noticed her deltoids & arms until now.
I saw the video clip of TurboBarre today. A lot of the moves on there are the exact same ones from Physique 57, so I'm glad I've been doing that one for my leg workouts lately. I KNOW I'll like it better than P57 - Cathe is hands down the best in the business!
Keep up the good work, you two! I'm proud of all of us!

Well, my workouts got cut short yesterday. I did MMA Boxing (instead of Slim in 6) and was just putting Disc 18 in when I got a call from the elementary school. The secretary sounded so desperate, so I said yes to sub 3rd grade. It was the worst day I've had as a substitute teacher yet. The kids were out of control, and the other teachers told me that was par for the course for that class. I'm not sure I'll sub for that teacher again (if she even asks for me after the note I left her...)

So today, I will get Disc 18 done. Then, come Monday morning, I am making myself a priority. If I don't, then who will????

This has been a good week, diet-wise. I am finally feeling like I am in control and not asleep at the wheel!

Steph: How is your daughter's ankle? It sounds like your co-worker needed to be put in her place. I worked with someone like that...unfortunately, it was my boss, and confrontation was not an option.:rolleyes:

Jane: Thank you for the pat on the back. I have not really noticed being hungrier throughout the day with STS, but I have noticed that I wake up in the morning with my stomach growling.

I have not ordered the Low Impact series, but I am intrigued by some of them. I need to preview some clips and see which ones I might want to get.

My husband went to his hunting farm for the weekend to get it ready for deer season. Our youngest daughter and I are going to visit our oldest daughter this afternoon and will return tomorrow. I think a corn maze is on the agenda...better take my Zyrtec!:p

Have a great weekend! I'll be back on Monday. :DHelen

Hello ladies! How was your weekend? DH & I went to the Indy open wheel race in Sparta, KY yesterday. It was cool, but my neck & hands got burnt. I just didn't think about using sunscreen, since it was so cool. I look like a weird kinda zebra. LOL:p Food choices were horrible at the race track, & you're not allowed to bring in food there. I should have just skipped eating...:(
Helen, how was your visit with your daughter? Did you remember your Zyrtec? The gal I work with used to teach 3rd grade. I can't imagine her classroom ever being out of control. That must have been a horrible experience! When you're a sub, it must be even harder to gain control if the regular teacher has none!
Stephanie: I hope things have lightened up a little with the other teacher. I'm SO like you - I let things build & build & build & then eventually, blow a gasket. & it's usually some little thing that puts me over the top. But, she really needed to start taking responsibility for her own classes! & she was never going to do that as long as you were being so sweet to her.
I tried to do Low Max on Saturday on an 8" step - only made it through round 3. Sometimes I get so tired that I think I'm going to pass out. That's what happened on Saturday. I don't know if it was because I'd cleaned first, or what. I was keeping hydrated... So, my workouts were a wash out over the weekend. I'll try to finish Low Max today. I hate it when a workout gets the better of me!:mad: I'll let you know how I do. Hope you both have great Monday's.;)

Happy Hump Day, ladies! How are your weeks going?
I've been a very good girl when it comes to clean eating so far this week. LOL
I've been doing the P57 workouts every other day. Yesterday, I did Rhythmic Step. That one is my all-time fave step DVD.
What are you two up to? Stephanie - how is your daughter doing with physical therapy? Helen - any interesting classes this week? Is softball still in full swing?
A poster here said that Collage Video has some video clips that show different views than the ones here (on Cathe's new series), so I'm going to go check those out.
Hope you're both having a good week!

Hey Jane.
Having an overwhelming week here..
i am finally on my rest week from sts...yeah! i tried and loved atletica from ilaria...totally fun workout imo
food wise i have been not so good. I am going to step on the dreaded scale next monday and am cringing to think about it!
I am feeling totally frumpy and fat:( everything seems to be jiggling and i am just down!

My daughter is enjoying physio and getting better. She thinks she is a skateboarder and wheres those shoes that are wide and have no support which just makes her problems worse.

You have got me wondering about those new clips...i am off to see them!
hopefully they will get me out of my funk!

Stephanie: I'm sorry you're having a "downer." I can relate - I felt that way over the weekend. Sending you a hug! I jiggle, too, let me tell ya (at 56, I don't call myself droopy drawers for nothing)! But, we're both working hard not to, so keep your chin up!
I'll have to look at the Ilaria video clip - her DVD covers alone intimidated me so I've never even watched a clip! Do you have any others of hers, or just that one?
I'm glad your daughter is doing well. I had to laugh at your description of her shoes.
Hang in there!

Whew! Where has the time gone?? I'm sorry I've been AWOL.

Our visit with my oldest was fun. We did go to the corn maze on Sunday, which was a lot of fun. It took us almost 2 1/2 hours of walking to find all 8 checkpoints! :p But the weather was beautiful and the company was even better. :)

This week I worked in the autistic room again and then was a special ed teacher who floats around among 4 classrooms throughout the day helping specific kids as well as any others who need help. It kept the day interesting.

I was off yesterday and am off today. Softball season is nearing the end...the District Tournament started yesterday and my daughter's school play their first game of the tournament this afternoon. If they win, they will play for championship Saturday morning. We are all very hopeful.

My workouts and, more importantly, my nutrition have been spot on. I have been tracking my food on myfitnesspal.com for the last few weeks and it has been a great help. I will weigh in again tomorrow morning, so we will see how things are going, but I feel really good.

Steph: Hang in there. I'm glad your daughter's ankle is doing better. You have 4 days (including today) before you have to step on the scale. Make the most of them. And...is there a law that says you have to step on the scale? If you absolutely KNOW it's going to upset you...don't do it. Give yourself the rest of this week and next to improve!

Jane: I am curious about Cathe's new yoga workout. I probably won't buy the whole series, but that one intrigues me. We are hoping the softball season is extended!;)

I have hit the workout room at 5:00 a.m. every day this week except today. I just returned from getting my hair cut, and it's time for some cardio. I think MMA Boxing sounds good today.

Have a wonderful Thursday, everyone! I'll check in later! :DHelen

TGIF! Hope you're both having great Friday's. Helen - how did the tourney go? Weigh in? Steph - I hope you're feeling brighter.
I hate this getting older crap - my back hurts, my knee hurts, & my elbow hurts! LOL Geez - I'm a walking hurt!!! This low impact series cannot arrive soon enough! My physical therapist doesn't seem to think that I'm going to get any more relief from this tennis elbow, but yet wants me to keep at least "several more" appointments. Because I'm OLDER, she thinks the tendons have thickened enough that there's going to be constant irritation. After having spent over $500 on therapy, that is NOT what I wanted to hear. Since finishing STS in early April, I haven't been able to do any upper body work. Sorry to be whining about this, but I'm so bummed I could cry. I LOVE weight lifting, & I've missed it so much.
Helen, I may look into that fitness pal thing - I've never ever logged what I eat - maybe I should give that a try. I did great this week except for one evening, so that's pretty good for me. Glad you had a nice visit with your daughter! Have a good weekend, you two!

Jane: Getting older...I creak and pop more now than ever! :p But it's all good. My granny used to say that a moving target is harder to hit, so by God, I'm gonna keep moving no matter how much I snap, crackle, and pop! I hope your PT releases you soon. Have you tried Arnica gel? I use it for my sore, arthritic shoulders and it seems to help. It can't hurt.

I weighed myself this morning. No change from last week, so I am holding at a 3 lb. loss for 2 weeks. I'm okay with that. I have been way short on calories 3 days this last week (400-500 calories short), so I really need to be diligent about eating ENOUGH to fuel my workouts. Other than that, my eats have been clean as a whistle. ;)

Tracking on myfitnesspal.com has been absolutely key for me. There's an app for my phone with a barcode scanner so I have no excuse not to track it while I'm at school or to be surprised at the nutritional content of my food. I enter the food I eat, and the calories I burn in my workouts. It does all the calculations and is a fantastic tool.

The softball tournament continues tomorrow morning with the Championship Game!:cool: Yesterday, our girls knocked out a team that has gone to the championship game for 26 years in a row. We are very excited for tomorrow's game.

Stephanie: I hope all is good in your world!

I completed week 2 of Meso 2 this morning with Back & Biceps (#21). I love that workout. I had four 5:00 a.m. workouts this week, and I feel great. I'll hit another early one tomorrow before the game...maybe some plyo or intervals. I'll let you know!

Cardinals and Phillies are playing tonight for all the marbles! Go Cardinals! :D

Have a great night! :DHelen

Hello ladies! It's Tuesday already... How was your weekend? There's a nice crispness in the air today. Don't get me wrong - I've loved the 80's of the past few days, but it's Fall, so I'm enjoying the beautiful colors & the crisp air today.
I took a break over the weekend & didn't do any workouts. My body was simply hurting too much. That definitely helped. I was able to do Low Max last night on an 8" step with no problems.
Helen: Can I find Arnica gel at the drug store? Spot on with your workouts & your eating! You go girl! The results (on the scale) will show up!
Stephanie: Hope you're feeling a bit better these days, & enjoying your walking. Still beating up on the kids at school with your speed? LOL
My PT is talking a couple more MONTHS off of weight lifting. I haven't lifted since forever now (it seems). I'm glad Cathe posted the article about after taking a break a fit person gains strength back faster than before. I'll have to put off doing some of the new workouts, obviously. Ooh, that's gonna hurt...:p I'll be so tempted to try them...
Hope you're having a great week!

HEYA GIRLS!
had a great weekend...i did a super clean max all day saturday and sunday...the kids clothes (switch over) kids toys (donation) and my stuff...went up and down the stairs a million times (or so it feels)

It turns out it was m totm and that was was i was so downish(i hope) feeling more like myself these days however still not attempting the scale...maybe friday:)

Sorry to hear about the no-weight lifting...totally true that you regain surprisingly quickly when you start up again..this summer for about 6 weeks i did no weight lifting due to my busy vacation schedule...no problems...within a couple of weeks i was back to new! i bet you are the only one wishing for a slower ship date;) on the new ones now!

Well i have to admit i am still doing the walking..step can wait until the snow comes (a month or so) i also started :eek: shhh don`t tell slim in six...i read that it really slims out the thighs...problem is that i don't really dig it...i found that since i have been stsing and cathe my legs have gotten a little biggish and i don't really like them that much...love my upper body results but no so much the guy like legs!

Helen: have a great week if you sub! and congrats again on the weight loss last week.

Jane rose: thanks for the virtual hug (felt like it to me)
have a great day..

oh my workouts today Tony one on one butt and :eek: slim in six burn it up..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.