A Simple Recipe: Mix 1 part Workout with 2 parts Nutrition

Yesterday's MMA Boxing workout was good! I feel it in my core today.

My diet was good also, but I really need to drink more water. There was a time when I was drinking a gallon a day without even thinking about it. Now I really have to remind myself to drink my water!

Today's workout will be Cardio Core Circuit followed by a good stretch.

Today's challenge: Follow the Simple Recipe!

Good luck to all of you! :D Helen

Good morning Helen!
I did CCC yesterday...man that one is like a hiit for me! I am gasping for breath..

Really enjoying my sts recovery week. I am focussing mainly on core and cardio..I have re-discoverd Lowmax and have done it 2 times already this week...I am starting to feel old and the no-jumping is a lot of fun..

My diet was okay until the weekend when we went away and i have being very good since monday..(ok its only 2 days..baby steps;)) This morning I did low max and now i am off to try to do S90 ultimate ball.
I have to try to sneek in all my exercise during my breaks at work because my 14 yeard old is havibng a hard time with math this year and it seems like I will be doing math homework with her afterschool more often than not! (i am pretty good at math even though i am a pe teacher;))

So my main objective for today is not to eat more than one slice of pizza at supper and just munch on my kids crusts after (they don't eat the crust and i love the crust) I'll let you know how it went:eek:

stephanie

I had a pretty good weekend, at least on the eating front. Didn't get any workouts in, because I was at my parents, but I'll start up again tonight after work. Helen, our weather did the same dive - I'm in Cincinnati. Hi Stephanie: both my parents were teachers, so I remember that fatigue at the beginning of the school year. It's brutal! I'm glad that made you laugh - about going to bed early, but that's the only thing that works for me! I've tried brushing my teeth after supper, but that doesn't always work. I hate that I can't do any weight training right now - the only thing I'm allowed to do weight-wise are my therapy exercises. I'm not even allowed to hold weights for squats! I'll be so glad when this tennis elbow is gone! Hopefully, it'll be better by the time the new workouts are shipped. I am doing core work & keeping up with the cardio, but I get bored quickly. I can't believe it's September already. It will be Christmas before we can blink! Hopefully, I will have reached my goal weight by then.:eek:

Stephanie: You are right..."baby steps". Make each meal count. Pizza sounds delicious right now. Do you make your own? I like using whole wheat flour, turkey bacon, turkey pepperoni and lots of veggies when I make pizza. I tried fat free mozzarella, but started mixing it 50/50 with the real stuff...the fat free just didn't melt nicely. Now I can't find the fat free any more.:(

Jane: I'm glad you stayed on track while away!:) Injuries can be so frustrating, but you are doing well to do what you are able. I have all the windows in the house open today. The trees are already starting to turn and it's smelling like fall already.

CCC was tough! I hung with them as much as possible, but did have to take a longer break once or twice.

Lunch today was egg salad on one slice of organic whole wheat toast and a handful of Pop Chips. Oh, how I love Pop Chips! But I stuck to only one handful, which was less than the listed 20 chip serving.

I'm on my 4th glass of water as I type this, not counting the 1 1/2 that I sucked down during CCC!! I'm determined to get my 12 glasses in today!

Have a great afternoon! Make good choices! :DHelen

Helen: They say your supposed to get used to all the water and that you don't pee as much...
I have been 2 months drinking tons of water (i officially gave up my diet coke addiction) and i am still peeing all the time! I don't have a problem remembering and i do get in all my glasses its just a pain trying to hold it in wheh i have a class to teach;)

I don't make my own pizza (i am Italian and thats my moms thing) We order out every 2-3 weeks or so..

By the way..not really low fat but you should try boccoccini sliced into thin slices instead of mozzerella sometime...mmmmmm...exactly like it is in Italy (i was there this summer)..

Stephanie: I looked for boccoccini in the grocery store today and couldn't find it. I may have to make a trip to the Global Foods store. I'm definitely curious.

We had taco salad for dinner tonight. I used very lean ground beef and only had a few whole grain chips with mine. I'm on track with my water intake, too. :)

I got a call to sub tomorrow, so I probably won't be able to check in here during the day. (I subscribe to this thread, so I can read it...just won't be able to reply.) My plan is to do my workout (MMA Boxing again) beginning at 5:00 a.m. so I can be finished and showered by 6:00, get breakfast made and be out the door by 7:15 to drive carpool and be at work by 8:00. Then I've got to high tail it to my daughter's softball game after school and figure out what to do for dinner. Days like tomorrow are diet busters, but I'm determined to break that trend! :) I've got the same situation on tap for Friday and am confident all will be just fine. I'll let you know, though!;)

Have a good night, all, and a great day tomorrow.

:DWell-hydrated Helen:p

Whoop! Whoop! 5:45 a.m. and MMA Boxing is done! It feels so good to be energized for the day!

Have a fantastic day everyone! :DHelen

Good Girl Helen...Definately motivated:D

I was up at the same time but spent it playing on the internet!:eek:

Have fun subbing...i remember when i first started teaching,...it can be tricky!

steph

Good morning! Stephanie - I forgot to wish you a Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a great time on your get away. You also mentioned that you were in Italy. Was it absolutely glorious? I imagine the food was beyond belief. Helen - good for you! You're really knocking the workouts out of the park! I have to admit that I was so tired yesterday after work that I scrubbed the workout. & DH & I were watching a movie, so we didn't bother to eat until it was over at 8:30, which is BAD! But, I only had cottage cheese & tomatoes since it was so late. Lunch was a salad, so I did OK on that front. Helen, it sounds as though you have a very full couple of days ahead of you. Good luck with all that! Stay motivated!

Knocked out Athletic Step last night for my workout. Felt great to be back at it! Had a good clean eating day, too. How did you guys do yesterday? Seemed as though you both had pretty full days ahead. TGIF!;)

Jane: I'm glad you've gotten good news from your PT! Keep looking forward. Good job on Athletic Step...I'm rhythmically challenged, so step workouts have always been next to impossible for me. I just can't keep up with the choreography of a Cathe step workout. It's one more thing to work toward.:)

Thursday I was in the autistic room at school. There are 3 boys in there with one teacher and 2 paras (I was subbing for one of the paras). Friday (yesterday) I was in for a 6th grade teacher. It was a long day yesterday...she only teaches 2 subjects and switches with another class. Lots of down time.

My diet has been okay. I know I'm short on calories when I sub. I did walk the halls while the kids are at lunch or PE, so I try to keep moving.

The 5:00 a.m. workouts are a great set up for the day. I have to battle an internal voice coaxing me to stay in bed, but once I'm up and at it, I feel really good. I'm going to try to make that my normal workout time, whether I'm called to sub or not. If I work...great...if I don't...I can always take a nap! :p

Today is my last workout of this recovery week. I'm going to do P90X Plyometrics in just a few minutes.

Gotta run...or should I say "jump"? :) Helen

Jane: great news on the planks!

Helen: I teach pe to one class where the kiddos have auditory processing problems...love them.. my fav class..total sweethearts.. Never had to deal with autism though...I have to admit that was my greatest fear when i was prgnant..that one of my kids would have autism...I was safe with that but got MD instead:(

Well yeasterday i was really not in the mood but did a tf hiit 25.. i figure anyone can work out for 25 min right?
Today I started meso 2 disk 1 i think I like... not as quick time changes..less equipement...time flew by, then i followed up by a nice and calm 50 mintute walk...ok not calm but not a hiit;)

Today we a celebrating my dd's 7th birthday with her friends (an august baby and everyones on vacation around here so we pospone the party for her classmates)..

My goal is to avois the junk bowls!
Hopefully when i get home i can belt out the sts legs (i am trying to do it 6x a week) but we shall see how my head is after a party with 20 7 year olds:(

Helen I think I just saw you jumping up to the roof during your plyoX;) hope the workout went well!

September 11. I will always remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when the news broke. Time stood still that day.

My plyo workout got interrupted yesterday only 8 minutes into it. My freshman daughter came downstairs and reminded me that I was to take her shoe shopping for the Homecoming dance. We had a full schedule for the afternoon and evening, so I had to bag the workout and get moving. The things we do for our kids...Yet another reason to get moving earlier!

Today is supposed to be a rest day before beginning Meso 2 tomorrow. Since I was a slacker yesterday, I may do my plyo today after church. We'll see.

Have a good Sunday, everyone. See you tomorrow.

Helen

Hi all! Saturday was clean-max day. Sunday, I made it through Low Max. Whew! I'd forgotten how tough that one is! I didn't do so well with eating, though. Back at it today, with a salad for lunch & a clean dinner.
We had a 9/11 tribute at church which was really emotional. I watched the special last night hosted by DeNiro. That was tough to watch as there was actual film from inside the Twin Towers as it was happening. I can't get over how brave everyone was, & I hope I'm as brave if I ever need to be!
I can't imagine working with autistic children. What a challenge and a joy it must be. You 2 both deserve hugs!
Have a great Monday!

I worked yesterday (5th grade classroom...GREAT kids) and did my workout after school at 4:00 p.m.. What do you know...late day CAN be done!:p I started Meso 2 yesterday with Disc 13 and I am feeling it this morning! Every muscle group that I was supposed to work is feeling the effects today. It feels good.

I'm off work today, so I'll get going on my cardio in just a few minutes. After that, I've got some housework and laundry to catch up on and then it's off to the softball field.

I am also going to try to get back to logging my food as I eat it. I've been using myfitnesspal.com here and there, but had my greatest success when I was using it every day without fail. I've got the app on my phone, so there's no excuse not to log in what I eat even when I'm not at home.

Jane: Great job on Low Max. I've tried that one, and even the choreography in the beginner routine is too advanced for me! :confused: Clean Max...I desperately need to do that one!:rolleyes:

Stephanie: How did the birthday party go? I'm with you on Meso 2. I like the longer rest periods, heavier weight, and fewer reps.

It's time to get busy. Have a wonderful Tuesday!
:DHelen

I tried to do Intensity yesterday, the Step Only premix, but I simply did not have the energy to finish it. I think I got overheated (my workout room is upstairs) & it sapped me. Tonight, I'm going to try a P57 workout. It's barre work, & I want to get prepared for Cathe's new barre workout. At least it's something I can do for my lower body without weights! Helen, all my workouts are after I get home from work - I get started around 5:30. I'd much rather work out in the morning, but my DH is retired, & he would NOT appreciate me banging around over his head at 5:30 in the morning! LOL :p
I, too, loved Meso 2 better than Meso 1. Meso 3 has even longer rests, but the workouts are all the same, & that got a little boring for me, but the satisfaction of getting through STS was a true high for me.
I've never tried logging my food - maybe I should get that a try.
Have a great day!

Today's workout: Power 90 Master Series Core Cardio. It's about 50 minutes long (including warm up and cool down) and has a good mix of cardio and core work.

Today's diet goals: Make only good choices and fuel for tomorrow's workout.

Helen

Hey Girls!

Birthday party was a success! only cheat I had was diet coke (i have given it up..sort of..) and a couple of chips but no major pig out:D

Today i just finished meso 2 back and bi..love it..i did it during my spare period at work followed by core ax abs ball and weighted ball!

My daughter twisted her ankle so i am off to get xrays and physio tonight with her...then i get to do all the homework! I actually prefer going to work...at least you get a break;)

Had some serious doms...actually i was a walking dom yesterday...after my leg and plyo leg workout...feel sort of great..

Food wise I have been pretty good minus the pms chocolate fix:eek:

bbl
steph

Steph: I hope your daughter's ankle is okay. Great job maintaining control. Thankfully, I don't get pms cravings anymore. (I traded them in for night sweats and restless sleep!):(

My diet was stellar all day yesterday. UNTIL dinner. We had grilled chicken breast (good), salad (good, too), cheesy rice (questionable) and I had 2 glasses of Red Zinfandel (uh-oh) and ate an ice cream sandwich after dinner even though I was full AND was consciously telling myself I shouldn't be eating it AS I was eating it! (Ridiculous. Just ridiculous...) Now there's no more wine in the house, and I have moved the ice cream sandwiches to the freezer in the garage.

My struggle continues.

I am sore today from Monday and Tuesday's workouts. I'm gearing up for M2:D14-Legs. Leg workouts used to scare the Hell out of me. Now I'm only slightly intimidated and look forward to seeing how much I can take.

Today's diet goal: Just do it.

Have a good Wednesday! Helen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.