50 and over February check in

This morning was burn sets Chest,Back , Shoulders. I love this workout. It made me feel so strong. Went to Zumba after work only to find out it was cancelled, oh well. I'll go tomorrow. Sitting here enjoying a delicious cup of Teavanna! I think I'm addicted:eek:
Teavanna -- which blend?
I ♥ TEA!!

Whew 100 hip thrust done and it still burns. I started with 30 # bb but had to drop it down to 25. Amanda had a 45# bb. I want to grow up to be just like her ;)
Amanda is amazing! :) She seems like a really nice person.

Cathy those situps pushups are crazy!! :p

Babysitting didn't go well yesterday!! I seem to graze my way through the day! -- BACK on it today!

Hi ladies. I think it's easier to check in on cathe.com than using the cathe app.

Cathy I can't wait to do Supercuts I think I am the only one in cathe nation who did not do this one. I love bob harpers DVDs and this one seams similar.

Did you see feb rotation? It has to the Max and cross fire mixed with xtrain I might start that one next week but it does have a lot of cardio.

Today's workout will be bi and tri plus 100 rep challenge for my flappy tri. I hate those. :mad:

Today was cardio leg blast. Burned 375 calories. Max HR was 153. Going to go hiking with my daughter tomorrow. Probably about 6 miles. Maybe more if we get lost. :eek:
sheila

HI all!
I did GS chest and tris premix followed by xtrain hiit the first 2 sections. I am really going to try to do more cardio... wish me luck! :p

I agree Robin -- the cathe app is hard to use. I can't always get mine to refresh. :confused:

Today I did Burn Sets Bi's and Shoulders plus my planks. Sometime in the next two days I have to double up in order to get in all my workouts for the week.

Sheila what type of terrain are you hiking? Sounds like fun.

Amanda looks amazing especially given that she had her second baby around the time TTM and CF were filmed!

I thought the Feb. rotation looked interesting. I'd like to do something that has Xtrain, TTM, CF and the Low Impact Series. First though I really want to finish the rotation I'm doing now. It seems like forever since I've actually done a full rotation and for years I was a total rotation junkie.

Our hike tomorrow will be on Turkey Mountain. Its is the ONLY mountain in my area. It has marked trails and 25 miles of unmarked trails so I hope to just stay on marked trails.
sheila

Teavanna -- which blend?
I ♥ TEA!!

Jann- Sorry I don't know where I've been the last few days It's the Maharaja Chai Oolong /Samurai Chai Mate, I am truly addicted- and this stuff is expensive. I've got to limit myself.

Sugarfree- Howdid the hike go? I chuckled when you mentioned getting lost. My daughter and I have equally bad senses of direction. It's a family joke, never let us go anywhere together without a GPS, even then it's questionable.

Did Cardio Leg Blast yesterday- I love that workout even though it is tough. On to Bi's and Tris this morning- I'm really tired today. I stayed up too late last night. I'm supposed to go to a Zumba class taught by one of my collegues after school today, not sure if I'm going to make it. Have a great day everyone!

Jann- Sorry I don't know where I've been the last few days It's the Maharaja Chai Oolong /Samurai Chai Mate, I am truly addicted- and this stuff is expensive. I've got to limit myself.
:D - I am having white avurvedic chai and samura chai mate blended today! The samura is a great natural sweeter. My favorite from Teavana is My morning Mate -- it is Strong tho!! :)
I had been trying to stick with oolongs -- hoping it will kick up my metabolism a bit! (says dr Oz) I didn't notice a change... :(
Have many cups do you get out of 1 tsp? I can get 4 normally.

Cathy -- oh that doubling up is not fun - :p The Feb rotation does look interesting. You are still on the 90 dul one correct?

Jenn -- A live class sounds like fun!

Sheila -- I went hiking last summer with my kids. It was a lot of fun. Enjoy!

Robin -- I ♥ Bob Harper. I have some of his videos too! I don't watch the BL I found him via kettlebells.

Today is Low impact Circuit premix. Must GET BETTER at Step!! :eek::eek:

Cathy I didn't know that Amanda just had a baby. Xtr ttm cf and low imp series that's a great idea for a rotation.

Sheila mountain hiking sounds like fun. We have trail to hike around her in rocky mount Nc so as soon as its warms up. I may give it a try.

Jennifer I hope you make it to Zumba but if not just rest tonight.

Jann wher do you buy your teas?

Today workout tabatacize for the first time. Plus billy blanks abs. I hate crunches on the floor.

Robin -- I buy my teas from Adagio, Teavana and Teance online. There are some little tea shops around here in town also. I was on a oolong kick for a long time and love black teas. I purchased a tea blend when I was in California from a little shop -- that is pure heaven!! It's a roasted blend and has a bit of chocolate after taste. I only have that when I need a pick me up. :D I can talk tea for days. I've learn that not all are the same, some blends change from year to year. Some have after tastes, some only need to be infused for 30 seconds some up to 10 minutes. I ♥ tea! :D

I just tried to do my workout -- I am tired, so I stopped. :( I hope later after I finish my to-do list to jump on the treadmill for a while. Even if I just stroll!

Thanks for the info Jann I so want to love black tea but haven't liked the ones from supermarket.

You may just need a rest day.

Thanks for the info Jann I so want to love black tea but haven't liked the ones from supermarket.

You may just need a rest day.

I just finish 1 and 2 tabatacize and I like that I was able to keep it low impact.

Hiked 9.76 miles with elevation changes of 1100 feet. Hiked with my daughter and had to crack the whip a couple of times to speed her up. We had a great time.

Sugarfree kudos to you and your daughter on your hike! How long does it take you to do that distance?

Jann I switched over to the rotation I created using Xtrain. I wanted to use the workouts, but vary things more than the rotation in the book did.

Today was Hard Strikes Cardio and Burn Sets tri's plus planks.

Darn snowstorm headed our way has the potential to really mess up my retreat plans. They are saying 6-12" between Thur. noon and Friday noon with the worst during the night. That means I won't be able to go shopping Friday - meaning no food for the guys or stuff I needed to take to the retreat to contribute to food there. Plus Friday night is homecoming and if it gets canceled and moved to Saturday the only way the boys can go is if I take them. DH does not do activities that the boys aren't directly involved in themselves.

:D - I am having white avurvedic chai and samura chai mate blended today! The samura is a great natural sweeter. My favorite from Teavana is My morning Mate -- it is Strong tho!! :)
I had been trying to stick with oolongs -- hoping it will kick up my metabolism a bit! (says dr Oz) I didn't notice a change... :(
Have many cups do you get out of 1 tsp? I can get 4 normally.

As much as I love my tea, I do not know a thing about it! I am a big coffee drinker, but received the tea as a gift from a student for Christmas. I am hooked on the one particular blend. I like really strong spicy tea. I've tried a few others like the Mandarin Oolong something or other. It was ok, but not like the Samurai/Maharaja blend.

Did bis& tris and Zumba yesterday. Tabatacise is on the schedule for this morning. I'm really tired but I'll try my best. Supposed to go to a high energy Zumba tonight as well- we shall see about that.

Jann- I must be doing something wrong with my tea- It takes 1 1/2 tsp per cup for me.
Gotta go attempt Tabatacise now. Have a great day , everyone!

Due to lack of planning I had no carbs yesterday so today I have little energy for my planned workout. So I will shorten it to 10min taebo and burn shoulders. Tomorrow I will so burn chest and back.

Cathy I hope the snow isn't too bad and you can do your activities.

Jennifer I like spicy tea also so I may order samurai/maharaja.

I really want to order les mills combat I want to do a hybrid of pump and combat.

Cathe - We ended up hiking about 2 miles per hour. That is slow except it was hilly. I could have gone faster but my daughter (who is 38 years old) was about to bonk.
I accidentally did the wrong tabata today. Ended up doing tabata 1, 2, and three with back. This afternoon I wanted to keep up so I did bi's and tri's. the only workout I did not do this week was Hard strikes but that's the day I hiked almost 10 miles so I think that's a great trade off.
I go back to work tomorrow so no workout for me.
I have gone off caffeine. I have stopped drinking it multiple times so I want this time to be my last. I haven't had any for 4 days but work usually tempts me to drink it.
sheila

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.