40's OMG Its November

Hi ladies, days have been getting away from me. wed went to work, front of neck muscles really hurt, got home relaxed my head and got better eventually, so that little test means I'll be working from home more (actually until they say something--which I don't think they will). Had lunch with my best friend, so just collapsed into bed when I got home. Yesterday, I did BM2 UB PM, only one run thru of abs (taking that from Ronne), still couldn't really do some (like side planks), got my neck hurting on left side again :(, I only used 2lb for shoulders, I think those rolls into lat raise got me and 2nd time, really didn't do much. I tried to up the weights to 8 lbs on bi, didn't happen. SOOOOO hard to hold my head up when on incline on the ball, so I still have a ways to go. So looking forward to massage today in about an hour. Will report back if I do anything (I know she will want me to rest my head afterward).

Jody, you are very hard on yourself, I see it in your school, w/o, eats. Wish I had that discipline, I've been trying to go the mellow route otherwise the stress gets the neck muscles hurting. Oh yea, ran errands with DH yesterday, even just being passenger in the car I stress out over traffic. :eek: I don't think I'll ever catchup on sleep, every afternoon I lay down for a bit in bed and read, 15 min later, I'm out like a light for an hour or 2. Suki getting me up at 5:30 isn't helping, but still I'm getting 8 hrs at night, what gives? I guess still body trying to recover, this is exhausting!

Ronne, I love quiet weekends! Unfortunately it's leave raking time for us ( I will just supervise DH and DS, maybe use blower to get the leaves out of the rocks. Let them rake and bag, ugh! I do not like fall for this reason!

Mary, I have that voice a lot and that adds to stress too, if only I could be zen-like :) I'm hoping now that we have clearance for neck I"ll start getting that better (she did wonders with my shoulder blade area). I got on the scale, really bummed. I need to clean up my eats, once you go bad, it's hard to turn back :) OH DH travels next week, it's been nice having him around going on dog walks with me.

Roxie, I agree, that didn't seem like a lazy day. If your DD saw me I can only imagine what she'd say about my weight :)

Murphy, how are you hanging in there?

Took day off so I can relax after massage, it will feel so good, until later tonight, I have drugs lined up, hope to walk the dogs, it's so nice here (except the wind, I hate wind)

Good Morning,

I did Xtrain Hard Strikes Conditioning which I usually don't do because I didn't like this workout but for some reason today it wasn't that bad. I am pretty proud of myself this week usually when DH is on vacation I don't workout and I have stuck with it.

Lisa-take care of yourself.

Mary-I tell the voices in my head to shut up.

Jody-you are and amazing person with everything you have going on.

Murphy-how are you doing?

Ronne-good job with CLB.

Just got back from massage told me to rest no exercise. Within three visits should have most of the scar tissue broken up and the tightness should start feeling better. Now I have a reason to lay in bed all day, whoopee!

Hi all! It's Friday!! Today did a Tonique w/o, it's actually becoming slightly easier, still painful tho! Lisa, enjoy the lazing around! We have to rake also, not my favorite, I hope it rains so I can avoid it! Roxie, I should try HS again, just SO many jumping jacks, it fills me with dread! You and DH doing anything fun this weekend? Ronne, love lunch dates! Enjoy the quiet! Jody, coming down homestretch! The semester is coming to a close! Hi Murphy! Have to go get the kids, football is over! I'm going to clean this evening so we can enjoy the rest of the weekend! Have a good night! Mary

Hey I did a w/o today- circuit blast. I must be slacking off in the Cathe dept if I feel like I need to write it out and not just call it CB. I'm listening to Game of Thrones music and doing school, hoping to get a paper written quickly (bold, underscore, all caps, please god).

Mary, have a nice weekend in clean house, I did a swoop thru this morning. Clean = no dishes in the living room and laundry off of the floors.

Ronne, raining here, too. I'm ok w/ it, want to stay in and listen to dramatic music anyway.

Roxie, thank you for the comment. I always feel like I should be more, do more. etc. GS still doing better?

Lisa, last time I did incline Bi's on ball (week before last), I fell off and landed on tail bone. I couldn't drop wts b/c of tile floor, don't want to damage it. I was cursing the whole process as well as our fearless leader (she who will not be named) Because I had to blame someone and she was the only other person in the room. Uh, so, be careful.

Last edited:
Good morning! Did KCM SS UB this am. Jody, be careful! That sounds painful! Good luck on paper, house clean.....for now. Lisa, hope you feel better from the massage. Hello to all! We have a reverse raffle tonite, hope we win! Have a good day, Mary

Good Morning,

I didn't sleep worth a damn last night so I don't know if I will get a workout in probably a nap.

Jody-GS went back to daycare this week and now he has a cold and as far as I know they are still not giving him milk because dairy upsets his stomach.

Mary-I modified the jumping jacks I just don't see the need for those, I don't know how it helps with kickboxing.

Mary, good luck on raffle.
I did LIS this morning.
Lisa, there is a lot of recovery involved in your surgery, which was to be expected, glad you are hanging in there. No choice, right?

Got darn leaves raked...I just helped hold the bag :) Now to wait for front leaves to fall. Beautiful day here, so took a 2.8 mile dog walk. Not going for anything else. I feel much better today (last night when I went to bed was still rough going), I felt like a bobble head (she loosened up right at base of skull and said I could experience vertigo(I didn't), but it didn't feel good even to bend over to pet the dogs.

Roxie, I modify jacks too, and those shuffle things (I forget how I modify until I get in there and do it again...I figure as long as I'm moving!) I did figure out a good way to modify straddle taps that are one the PS2 w/o (I think it's that one), anyway I like that foot tap 1,2, 3, 4, 5,up on 6. Not as much joggling of my head :) hope it makes sense.

Jody, I'm just hoping it's about a month before the massage lady gets my neck feeling better (about the time it took for my shoulder blade/back to feel better). I asked her if the knots would ever have come out on there own and she said no, just like breaking up the scar tissue in the neck. I just wish drs would help guide a patient more, like MENTION massage and RECCOMEND one, not just PT! There off my soap box now.

Ronne, my DH leaves Sunday :( I'm going to miss him, we are soooo out of travel mode!

Mary, next massage is on Wed. Hope i can handle the dogs with DH gone, thankfully the kids should be here one in a while. I was so wiped out after last massage. Oh, slept in this morning too, ah!

BEAUTIFUL day here, had a fab walk with the dogs (almost 3 miles). I did CM seg2, my lower back has been hurting since I've upped the w/o's, so I think I need more core besides what I do in the w/o's and planks when there is something I can't do. DH left this morning :( But I'm having a fab day with the dogs, will post picture from FB for those not on FB.

Fun walk, but missed DH. Last time I was on this trail was the day before my surgery with a pain level of greater than 10. 5.5 months later and my pain level has only a 2(and will get better with the massages). I may still need to get my speed and endurance up but I'm making it. I could never have made it through the dark days without the love of my family and best friend,
And most of all Suki! Such joy she brought to lift me up!
OH man and look at that Colorado BLUE sky! gor-ge-ous!

Attachments

• 1424579_10201412423727298_44753453_n.jpg
    1424579_10201412423727298_44753453_n.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 7
Good Afternoon,

Another crappy night of sleep so I am going to skip again today. I have a really dry throat so I spend half my night coughing and last night DH used the deep fat fryer for the first time in a year and the oil was old so the house stunk and it caused our eyes to water we opened the doors but it didn't help and I went to bed before DH so he closed the door and the smell was trapped in our bedroom and I could feel my windpipe closing up so it made it difficult to breathe. I have never had asthma my brother does and my youngest DD does and I can now what that go through when having and attack. Its a beautiful day here wish I felt up for a walk.

Lisa-it looks gorgeous there glad to here you didn't have as much pain.

Hi everyone

Roxie - hope you're feeling better. Well done on keeping up with the workouts!

Lisa - congrats on the walk! That's great. Where's DH off to?

Mary - what is a reverse raffle?

Jody - you're doing great, keeping up with your course is the most important!

Murphy - hope that you're doing all right if you're lurking.

I got a couple of workouts in - did Drop Set Strength, Chest, Back and Core on Sat. Then AOLIH yesterday. Did some yoga today because I really need stretching out. Did a great session for lower back and hips. Just what I needed.
New project landed on my desk so I'm going to be flat out for the next week or so.

Good Afternoon,

I did Xtrain Burn Sets CB&S then 30 minutes on the TM. Spent the rest of the morning doing laundry, dishes, bathroom and vaccuming. I am hoping to cut down on some dust bought new filters for the furnace yesterday.

Ronne-I must have slept better last night feel more rested today but it didn't seem like I did. Have fun with your new project.

Murphy-how are you?

Hi all! Today did LLA, no abs, but did do the bonus barre, yesterday was YR and the thankless job of raking. Ronne, a reverse raffle is, well, you know how normally when they pick your number you win? In this case you don't want them to pick your number, last one standing wins, we didn't win! We did win a basket of men's hair care products tho! My husband doesn't have any, but the boys will look good! Roxie, glad you got some rest, I did some cleaning today too. Lisa, how long is DH gone for? So glad you are feeling better. Long road. Jody, how was your weekend? Murphy, thinking of you. Hope you can let us know how you are doing. Think of you often. Had to orient to hospital for this coming weekend, getting ready for the next 2 weeks. Tomorrow night have a band banquet, wednesday have cross country banquet, thank goodness just basketball on thursday, friday an awards ceremony for academics for little one. My week is all planned out for me! Plus work! I'm tired all ready! Lol! Have a good evening, we are supposed to get some snow later, Mary

I did a Jessica Smith circuit earlier and time saver of LBB today. Jessica was good, easy to follow and complete.

Wow, Mary I don't know how you keep up with it all. I've got paper about half done, that was about all I did this weekend, plus a visit to my mom's.

Roxie, I've been listening to a sound meditation at bedtime for a few nights, I think it really works, that or else I would have had a good night sleep anyway. It is just on youtube.

Ronne, yea for work!

Lisa, I miss my dogs but won't consider another one for awhile. Cat is pretty cool tho- like her.

Waves to Murph- and hopes she is well.

Hello

Jody - have you come across calm.com? It's great if you want a little break while working on the computer. And there's an app as well. I use it now and again.

Mary - loads of leaves on our garden. I've done one pass but have got to do it again soon. I think you better check out that website, looking at your schedule! Work will be restful compared :D

Roxie - what a great, accomplished day. Hope you had a large glass of wine at the end of it!

Got to keep the workouts short this week with work. Did Powersculpting which just fits the bill. Just said yes to another project for next week. Mad but I need the money! I'm going to be pulling all-nighters at this rate :confused:!

Good Morning,

I did Lean Legs & Abs but skipped the abs and added the barre work then walked on the TM for 30 minutes. TOM hit right in the middle of my workout and zapped all the energy out of me it was like hitting a wall.

Ronne-nope no wine.

Jody-I have tried those and they do help a little because I like noise when I sleep.

Ok my menopause ladies I have a question for you everything indicated TOM was going to start the pain hotflash it was all there and nothing has shown up sorry for to much TMI but does this mean I am probably starting to go through the cycle?

Hi girls! Today did X41, maybe to punish myself for something? Roxie, I know I started noticing changes, first mine came every 3 weeks and lasted 2 weeks, then the time between each one started getting longer and longer til they just stopped. Maybe you are starting? Ronne, I think we all need some calm! I will have to look at it. Yay on the work! Jody, I so love cats, I use to have one, but 3 out of 5 of us are allergic, no cats for me, unless they are one of those bald ones. Hi Lisa, what are you up to? Hi Murphy! Have to get some stuff done, then go to band banquet with shriveled up chicken! Have a good night, Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.