3 things that made you smile...

Liann

Cathlete
Share 2-3 things that made you smile this week so far! :D

I'll start off:

1. The hair dresser on Monday asking me if my school was out for the day. LMAO!

2. That same hair dresser saying, "You're pregnant??? I didn't even notice!" She obviously wanted a big tip.

3. Seeing all the pictures from the SD Road trip! Brought back memories from past RT's and made me smile. :)

Ok, now you guys!!!

1. I just found the map for the 10k I am running on 04/10. It mostly my normal route. I'm not going to die!:) Its billed as the toughest in the Midwest. I was askeered for a while.

2. DS picked me some violets last night and left them in a cup on the table for me when I went to bed, so when I got home, I had violets :)

3. DH joined me in the shower last night :eek::p:):eek::eek::):eek::cool:

Nan

1. My MSU Spartans making it back to the NCAA Final Four-woo hoo!:)

2. The first words out of DH's mouth after coming home from work yesterday: You look hot!

3. Listening to my 3 year old excitedly tell me all about her Easter Parade at school:)

Last edited:
1. Seeing my 20 month old start to dance whenever I sing him a song

2. My hubby having a nice healthy dinner ready for me when I came home from work and telling me how much he loves me. :D

3. Finding out we're getting a big tax refund.

1. DD(5) writing me an I love you Mome letter.

2. Same DD leaving me a candy filled Easter Egg on my dresser.

3. All my co-workers who are in a Biggest Loser Challenge with me, telling me I don't have any weight to lose.

1. Realizing I'm OK with the fact that my "baby" is turning 19 this Friday

2. Seeing all the people out walking with their dogs last night

3. 70 degree temps and record breaking no snow (for the whole month!!) in Minnesota

1. yesterday it was raining all night and then as I stepped out the door to go to the grocery store the sun came out

2. A little bird with a brassy green tummy sang at my window

3. I was able to tolerate some oatmeal! I haven't been able to eat oats cause they are grown in the same field as wheat but now they have these gf oats that are grown separately. Its a small thing but means a lot to me.

Liann's post said 'this week' so I'm not sure this counts because it was a couple of weeks ago. But, there is a wild owl who lives in our neighborhood (rural) and he left us a mouse on the front porch. :D And a week or two ago I heard him singing with his new girlfriend, I hope we get little owl chicks!

1. Nan's post above made me smile - you go!

2. Travis' post about her bike ride of freedom.

3. Watching Top Gear on BBC America with DH. I don't care really one way or another about cars but this show makes me LOL every time.

1. watching the weather last night and not only finding out that it's going to be in the mid-70's on Friday, remembering that I took the day off!!! :D

2. Nan's #3 definetly made me smile!!!

3. this is going to sound mean: but my worst-performing employee, that I can't seem to straighten out for the life of me, gave his 2-week notice yesterday. BIG SMILE!!!

1. Watching my 4yo and 21mo dance to a nick jr. song.

2. Getting into the dressing room, trying on a size 6 and actually having them fit (haven't been this size since 2000!)

3. My 4yo saying "Mommy, are you off today?" and when I said yes, he said "YESSSSSSS!"

Ooo- fun!

1. Meeting Cathe live and in person and surviving the workouts at the SD RT! :eek::eek:

2. Watching my wonderful 7 y/o son do a push-up contest with Cathe' and getting a great big hug from her when they were done!! :D:D:D

3. Picking up our Bichon from Camp Bow Wow and having him spaz out to see us!! :D

4. Arriving in Denver to warm & sunny weather- ahhhhhh! :D We missed the latest blizzard cuz we were soaking up the sun and sweatin' it out in San Diego with Cathe and the incredibly Cathletes!! I miss you all!! :( and can't wait to see you again soon!! :D

1. I went for a walk with a girlfriend who had adopted one of my foster dogs yesterday. "Dylan" so obviously remembered me and was happy to see me and looking so happy and handsome. And to think that 6 weeks ago he was scheduled to be PTS.

2. The sun is shining!

3. Andy brought me homemade tuna salad made with real, fresh bluefin tuna - yum!

#1 - The sun is out :cool:

#2 - The temp is to be 78 today :)

#3 - I got to get out and do a power walk at lunch IN THE SUN ... IN the 78 degree temps :D :D :D ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... it was GREAT! :cool:

great thread!

1. The sun is out and it's a beautiful day!!!

2. My 2 yo nephew just learned how to wink and spent yesterday afternoon winking at my dog...too cute!!!

3. My 3 yo DD videotaping herself singing "God Bless America"...watch out YouTube!

1. I found out my lung nodule is fading and probably nothing.

2. It is a beautiful sunny day.

3. My Border Collie Tiffany and my Lab/Pit Bull mix named Johnny. They help my moods so much. I just love dogs! Pits are great dogs. Mean people raise mean dogs. That is what my vet told me and it is true. Johnny is very obidient, laid back, and totally adorable!

Last edited:
1) 6 yr old DD who is one of the funniest people I know.

2) The lady bug DD caught and proclaimed as the new family pet

3) The smells and sounds of spring are finally showing up.

4) Stuffing Easter eggs for the hunt on Saturday.

1 My kids and husband having fart contests.

2 I just saw Run Fat Boy Run

3 Chocolate bunnies

4 My super crazed puppy on his back wanting a scratch on his tummy

Thank you Liann for starting this great thread!

1) Having the energy to still workout after 14 rounds of chemo.:)

2) Receiving daily hugs from the Kindergarteners! :)

3) Being in remission! :)

4)Meeting Cathe and Cathletes from all over the country at 2 RTs! :)

Oh! This one is perfect for today!

1. The two dove on the power line at the office when I got back from lunch. They were sitting on the line cleaning each other! Definitely made me smile!

2. That the rain finally stopped!

3. Seeing my DH, my kitty and my 2 beagles all waiting for me when I got home from work today!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.