18 YEARS OF SOBRIETY!

Congrats A-jock that is a very hard task and you have completed it. You should be really proud of yourself, and look at where you are now. You are so much healthier and happier then you were.

Kit

Congratulations and thank you for staying sober! What a loss these boards would be without you. I enjoy your posts and mish-moshes and we are lucky to have you here with us. I'm sure in other areas of your life you also make great contributions as well as here, and the world is a better place because of you.

All the best to you!

Margaret

I admire your strength and courage to face it every single day of your life. Thank you for sharing your success story. It is an everyday success!

jenni

I admire your strength and courage to face it every single day of your life. Thank you for sharing your success story. It is an everyday success!

jenni

Congratulations A-Jock! That is quite an accomplishment. You are an inspiration in so many ways!!!

-Leslie

Hey A-Jock,
That is so good. I wish you the best! Hope your Hubby is doing well.
I have seen alcohol and drugs ruin many lifes.
I missed you at the road trip Hopefully next time. Would love to meet you.

Susan G.

A-Jock,

This is one MAJOR anniversary! You should be so proud--Congratulations!

When you celebrate reaching such a milestone knowing that you're there because of your own grit, determination, dedication and tenacity (and a little devine help of course) it makes it all the more special!

Revel in your success and keep up the GREAT work! YOU GO GIRL! <<<hugs>>>

Nadine

~~Happiness is an Attitude~~

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=3517754&

CATHE ROADTRIP PICTURES:

http://www.realphotovideo.com/inv/7ED46414DD55505

Just when I thought it was safe to turn on the computer . . .

THANKS TO ALL for your wonderful well-wishes! One of the true blessings of sobriety has been the advent of friends, good, decent friends, near and far, into my life. Although I'll never meet most of the people I "know" on this forum, I do consider this a friendship circle for me, one that would never have been possible from life inside a wine (bourbon and gin) bottle.

Kali (kmkali24), Maria (red mct), LORAJC - glad to know ya, sistahs, and keep on keepin' on!

Endorphin Junkie, Fit Fairy, Elaine Keller, Dianne Gallagher - I too have immediate-family relatives who are also alcoholic. One (my own father) has been sober even longer than I have, and another (a sibling) may never get there. Warmest best wishes to YOUR family members who have taken that journey one step at a time.

Luvmylbb: I too have had ED, in my teens and then later in my late '20's (ironically about a year after i quit drinking), and I know that mountain is as much a one-day-at-a-time, one-step-at-a-time proposition as alcoholism recovery. Be good to yourself, value food and fitness for the health of it, screw the scale, and keep coming back here!

Sooooooooooooosan (if that is still your real name): DH is doing wonderfully. He still has follow-up visits to people with very expensive initials after their names, but they say things to him and he does what they say and he just gets better. He's taken to feeling somewhat sorry for Fiona, who was released from the workhouse and was treeless, so he's letting her camp out on our deck.

Thanks again to all of you!

A=Jock

Congratulations AJ!

I missed this when it first was posted, and it is funny I LOOK for this post each July. Keep it up girl, you are an inspiration to many!

Judy
AKA "Likes2bfit"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.