18 YEARS OF SOBRIETY!

Hi, Judy / Likes2bfit / JAFitMAMA (did I get 'em all?)!

Thanks for your good wishes! They say the first 18 years are the hard part, then everything is smooth sailing!

Thanks again! It's all one day at a time!

A-Jock

Wow! I'm very impressed! Having married (and divorced) a man who is the product of an alcoholic mother I really have to applaude you. You should be walking proud today (and every day).

A-jock!

I was no where near a computer last week and missed your awesome post. Belated congratulations!

I was away when you posted, caring for my mother, who fell, hit her head and ended up in ICU, probably as a result of alcohol. Her doctor said her brain is atrophied, similar to Altzheimer's, but probably due to years of alcohol abuse. Because of this, I had to miss the Cathe roadtrip.

Be proud of your accomplishment! My mother has to become sober now, at age 80, or risk giving up her home, her pets, her independence etc, etc.

You are an inspiration!

>Hi, Judy / Likes2bfit / JAFitMAMA (did I get 'em all?)!
>
>Thanks for your good wishes! They say the first 18 years are
>the hard part, then everything is smooth sailing!
>
>Thanks again! It's all one day at a time!
>
>A-Jock

A-jock/ Annette/ AJ/ Annette Q. Aquajock

You "got 'em all." Did I?

Judy
AKA "Likes2bfit"

Hi A-Jock!

Wow, 18 years? That's so wonderful to hear. I'm so proud of you for all you have overcome and continue to overcome. Looks like we both have something to celebrate every July 20th!

Take Care!

Robin / Buffettgirl:

I could have been you back in December 2000; my mother too wound up in the hospital, with near-complete liver and kidney failure (and weighing in at 325 pounds) due to alcoholic drinking. Thankfully, she has not had a drink since, but we'll never know the damage to brain and other systems in toto. My heart goes out to you, friend.

And Miss Cathe -

Thanks for your warm wishes, and your workouts.

A-Jock

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.