Your views on Step Jump & Pump??

susanz

Cathlete
I am considering purchasing this one and I'd like to know what your opinions are on it! Thanks in advance!! Susan

I originally had this on VHS and really only used the first bit for a step warm up or add on. Once I got it on DVD I used it a lot more. I love the step and cardio premix and the music is great, it even has a little Nirvana!!!:) It has a great ab workout with no equipment, get's a nice buzz through the core!! The DVD comes with Step Blast which most of us would say is a must have. I think it's a good investement and use it fairly regularly.

Take Care
Laurie:)

SJ&P is one of my most favorite cardio & weights workout. Step Blast as well, I'd suggest you get the DVD. The premixes alone on this DVD is well worth the cost of the workouts. Both workouts are AWESOME!

IMHO this is one of the funnest videos I have to do. The step and the hi lo are very fun with grrreat music. I think the weights are tough too, if you go heavy. In particular there are some low end lunges that really get me. Overall, this isn't a super dooper toughie to do, but is a very solid good workout and LOTS of fun. The cardio and the music make me giggle everytime!

I love this one. You can do it as is, or break it up. The pre-mixes are great and the music is fun.

I do the hi/lo on the rebounder. The step is easy but not too easy.

I agree with the previous posts, the DVD is a must!! I think SJP is a wonderful all around workout. It's includes some of each of the great things that Cathe does so beautifully!! And when it's all put together, it makes such a well-rounded workout. The Step part is fun, not too tough, the Hi-Low is a blast, the weight segments are as easy are as hard as you'd like to make them, and the ab section is great too. I think this one is fun, fun, fun!! I agree...a must have for your Cathe library!:)

I actually just tried this one today, after reading the posts on how fun it was. I've had the DVD (as part of the body blast set) for a little while and was afraid to try it. Wow, it was fun and very doable. I think I was afraid since it's 70 minutes, but the time flew by and I was able to finish it. Great music too! :)

I love this workout!! I bought based on everyone's comments regarding the fun factor. I haven't even tried the premixes yet, and I know they get raves too.

Get this DVD for Step Blast alone. A classic Cathe step workout.

I must be in a total minority because I dislike SJP. It is "bitty". She does a little bit of step, but each routine is real short and she throws them all away so it feels like you are learning a routine for no reason at all. Then she moves into hi/lo and one of them is a low impact cardio session, as if she can't make up her mind, is this high or low? With endurance weight work thrown in. Well, I don't favour upper body endurance workout at all, and so I cannot count doing SJP as a day's weight training.

Clare

How does it compared to Rythm Steps dvds? I don't have SJP but I do have RS. Can I use it to replace SJP in the Cardio routine?

Thanks

WantFit

"Become the change you want to see in the world. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi

http://spaces.msn.com/members/WantFit/

Hi Wantfit!

JMO, but if you are asking if SJP cardio is similar to RS, I have to say absolutely no. RS is a wonderful, creative, and challenging all step routine, while SJP is a combination workout. SJP has a Step portion (first 20 minutes, I believe). Then it goes into Hi/Low floor aerobics cardio segments that are broken up in between with some weight segments. It's an interval workout. It's totally fun, IMHO, but it is not like RS (which is also awesome.)

Hope that answered your question.:)

I really enjoy Step Jump & Pump because of the variety in the workout. The cardio is fun, the weight segments are great! I also love all of the premixes, it makes the workout so versatile when you are short on time. Overall its definitely worth the $$, you won't be disappointed.

I love step, pump, and jump. I have all of the body blast and I am currently doing the rotation for it that was posted by Cathe. I like the whole body blast series. I have just ordered the last dvd to complete my intensity series and I plan to do a rotation with that next and in the mean time I plan to order the hardcore series. But step, jump, and pump has to be one of my favorite so far.

Well ladies, I have this one the way and am very excited to try it out! Thanks for all of your opinions!!:) Susan

Susan, I love SJP!!! I do the step only premix off this one a lot, it is a fun fun step workout!! LOVE those power jigs!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.