Xtrainers

So far for October my workouts are:
3rd: 3 mile walk/jog
4th: RWH Ch/Sh/Tr
6th: Cardio Leg Blast
8th: Chiseled Upper Body
9th: RWH Legs + Abs 2 + 2 mile walk

Thanks for starting us JacMar!

Good morning! Today was ICE LI Sweat #2 and STS Med Ball Abs. My shoulder is about 80% better. I hope to start lifting again in November after vacation. All this cardio is killing me!
Lisa

3rd: 3 Mile Walk/Jog
11th: Gym Style Chest & Triceps
13th: RWH Back/Biceps/Shoulders
14th: AfterBurn
15th: High Reps + 4 mile walk
18th: Athletic Training
19th: 3 Mile Walk/Jog
20th: Total Body TriSets
21st: Cathe Live Cardio Boxing + Ball Abs (#23)
22nd: Cathe Live Rhythm Ride Spin (#104)
23rd: Cathe Live Total Body Barbell Burn (#116)
26th: Cathe Live Peripheral Heart Action #57

I am really liking Cathe Live as it is relaxed and imperfect (just like me) and even Cathe makes mistakes. Everyone is sweaty and not made up, and they don't jump so high or bend so low - they are real people and I became instantly addicted! It is so comfortable - just like belonging to a real gym for $9.97/month. And there are 118 more workouts for me to explore as she started this option May of 2014. I wish I had done this so much sooner, but better late than never.

Last edited:
Jann - thanks. I hope Yuku completely dissolves! It really served its purpose while it lasted and I will never know why it was so difficult for some of us to operate successfully through that site.

Lisa glad to know your shoulder is getting better. Hope mine does soon. Did you tear a rotator cuff? That's what I did two years ago on my right shoulder. It took a long time to heal. I tore my left one last year and it still bothers me so I have to be very careful in my workouts. I am more a fan of cardio than weights so I am struggling to like the weight work I am doing now.

Shelley I have no clue what I did to my left shoulder. Cardio just makes me overly hungry and tired. Also, I feel like my body isn't as tight and toned just doing cardio.

3rd: 3 mile walk/jog
11th: Gym Style Chest & Triceps
12th: 3 mile walk
13th: RWH Ba/Bi/Sh

Hi Ladies!

Sorry it took me so long to get here. Forgot my username......forgot my password.........and trying to find all that really does not work from a tablet. At least not for me!! LOL

Jann---thank you so much for reopening yuku for us!! *hugs and smooches* I'm with Shelley in not understanding what was going on.

Lisa---glad to hear that your shoulder has improved!! Did you have any issues from Hurricane Matthew?

Shelley---How did you like the RWH weight work? Better than the GS?

Have either of you looked at doing eccentric (negative) exercises for your shoulders? I've done some research on using the technique for my tendonitis in my elbow and wrist. If I understand it correctly, the eccentric move of an exercise will help lengthen and strengthen muscles. The technique is usually used for larger muscles like chest and legs but can also be used for smaller muscles. I also read that you should only train this way once a week and not for long periods (months). If I read enough articles, Id probably read many different opinions. LOL I'll have to look through Cathe's newsletters to see if she had any info on eccentric training. I do believe her!!

So this week I have been lifting with a concentration on the eccentric part of the exercise. I cannot believe the DOMS that I am feeling!! They aren't so bad that I cannot move (like I get from doing some of Cathe's workouts) but I can definitely feel that I've worked my muscles hard.

Mon---Chest and Back + Abs
Tues--- Legs
Wed---30 min run/walk & Shoulders -AM Biceps and Triceps + Core - PM
Thurs--Spin workout (did it before Abby got up - she loves the spin bike)

Our teachers went on strike last Thursday so it's like having summer vacation again, except it's cold outside.

Do either of you know how to change our username? I'm not sure where "pussycat" came from but I'd really like to use something different. LOL

Hi Ladies!

Sorry it took me so long to get here. Forgot my username......forgot my password.........and trying to find all that really does not work from a tablet. At least not for me!! LOL

Jann---thank you so much for reopening yuku for us!! *hugs and smooches* I'm with Shelley in not understanding what was going on.

Lisa---glad to hear that your shoulder has improved!! Did you have any issues from Hurricane Matthew?

Shelley---How did you like the RWH weight work? Better than the GS?

Have either of you looked at doing eccentric (negative) exercises for your shoulders? I've done some research on using the technique for my tendonitis in my elbow and wrist. If I understand it correctly, the eccentric move of an exercise will help lengthen and strengthen muscles. The technique is usually used for larger muscles like chest and legs but can also be used for smaller muscles. I also read that you should only train this way once a week and not for long periods (months). If I read enough articles, Id probably read many different opinions. LOL I'll have to look through Cathe's newsletters to see if she had any info on eccentric training. I do believe her!!

So this week I have been lifting with a concentration on the eccentric part of the exercise. I cannot believe the DOMS that I am feeling!! They aren't so bad that I cannot move (like I get from doing some of Cathe's workouts) but I can definitely feel that I've worked my muscles hard.

Mon---Chest and Back + Abs
Tues--- Legs
Wed---30 min run/walk & Shoulders -AM Biceps and Triceps + Core - PM
Thurs--Spin workout (did it before Abby got up - she loves the spin bike)

Our teachers went on strike last Thursday so it's like having summer vacation again, except it's cold outside.
Susan I used to do negative exercises all the time!! When I had my bone density done my doctor said "what ever you are doing keep doing it because it is working!" It's good for you!

Do either of you know how to change our username? I'm not sure where "pussycat" came from but I'd really like to use something different. LOL
I have no idea. I had to create a new user. That's been a while ago though.
I love your avatar.

Susan~ Do the teachers not have a contract?! How can they strike in the middle of a school year?? Those poor kids especially those already stressed out with grades and the college process.

All we had from Matthew was a full day of rain last Sunday.

Is your hair still that long? Mine that long now and as much as I don't want to cut it, I think I need to take a few inches off.

I did try the negative exercises, but they actual made my elbows feel worse. I find that when my elbows (or shoulder) flares up the best for me is to just do cardio and LR weight work, It's really hard for me, but it's all that works.

Jann~Nice to see you here! I didn't see the live workout but I REALLY need to get on the ball and sign up for the service.

Woo hoo - Saundra is here!

Today was All Out LI Hiit and Core #1. The weather is suppose to be glorious this weekend. Tomorrow is shopping and Sunday is a massage and blow out. Needless to say, I am kind of enjoying the empty nest :)

Checking in with AfterBurn.

Haven't done this one since May and now I won't have to do it again for at least another month or two! I am trying to go through all my Cathe workouts on my daily schedule that shows a snapshot of what I did for the past six months. I am trying to capture and perform the ones I haven't done in the past few months along with those that will fall off the page after this month.

I have the following to go before month end October and I'm not sure I'll make it:

Athletic Training
Cardio SuperSets
Total Body TriSets
Xtrain Legs
Tabatacise
RWH LI HiiT
ICE LI Sweat
To The Mat
Gym Style Ba/Bi/Sh
Gym Style Legs
Lower Body Blast
STS Total Body
High Reps
Great Glutes

and in between I want to spin and do some jogging intervals.
I would say the rest of the month is not enough time to get these in! What would you say?

Jann---thanks! I was just thinking the same thing about your avatar! :)
I was telling Chris that a I had read the negative training was supposed to be good for bone density, too. It's good to hear that it does really work!! I'll keep incorporating it in.
I missed the live workout. Been experiencing some insomnia this week.

Lisa---our teachers have been working for two years without a contract, why, I have no idea. Seems like the two sides could have figured this out before now and without a strike. The kids are loving it, but next June they won't be so happy. LOL The district has already announced that seniors will have to go to school 3 Saturdays and graduation has been postponed a week so far. It's just crazy!!
I agree that resting IS the best thing for an injury. I'm hoping that this kind of training will help strengthen my weak areas, but only time will tell. Every time I carry in grocery bags, either my wrist or elbow will hurt. I'm sure it's mostly because I try to carry all the bags in the house in one trip!
Glad to hear all you got was rain!! That was a really bad storm.
My hair is maybe an inch or two shorter but it's now layered. I had a lot of breakage last year from our hard water and my stylist is still working on blending all the breakage. I'd really like to cut it to shoulder length but I'm scared to death to try it.
Shopping and a massage.......sounds like a dream day! Enjoy!!!

Saundra---HI!! How are things going with your Dad?

Shelley---That is quite a finish for the month!!! All those workouts plus running and spinning! Not a fan of the workouts with the gliding discs because they don't work well on my workout floor, even with a rug down. Don't like using the cups either! LOL

Last night was a 30 min incline treadmill workout and today was MuscleMax. I ordered BodyBeast the other day and am going to start it as soon as I get it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.