Wondering....

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, filming probably will not start until after the first of the year. Besides, if they have not posted it pretty much means they have nothing more to say at this time.

Linda

>Thank you, yes I do remember what Cathe has said about the
>refund. I've preordered since CTX and love her workouts. I
>don't plan to cancel my order, but I am annoyed at the
>situation. I still think I have a right to post my thoughts
>for others to read, whether they agree or disagree, as well as
>Cathe. It seems some on this forum are afraid to let
>customers who have not had 100% great service speak their mind
>without rushing to Cathe's aid. She and her company can defend
>themselves if they feel the need. Heather

You do have a point, Heather. What is the use of having a message board to post if you can not HONESTLY state what is on your mind. I am with you on this one.

Linda

>I agree w/everyone that said they want an UPDATE. This has
>been the longest wait for any updates that I've ever
>experienced. I've been buying Cathe's VHS & DVDs for 14
>YEARS. Cathe stated they needed to iron out some things that
>attributed to more contracts being signed. I'm curious about
>the "new features" that she hinted at. Maybe this is why
>there's a hold up. Just speculating. WE WANT AN UPDATE!!
>Kathy:D

The announcement, then silence on what the role of CCTV will be, has been very LONG. SNM is usually very good with updates, but on this series, nada.

I do think that there are more chefs in the kitchen, if you get my drift, and that has more to do with the delay than anything.

But bottomline, updates whether good or bad would be appreciated.

Not hatin, just want information....

Linda

I don't care when they start! I'm just excited. When I get them, it'll be like having Christmas all over again! :7 :7

I found the snarkiness going on over at the VF board a couple of weeks ago interesting. If anyone defended Cathe, it was considered fanatical, yet in the matter of one week, there were 4 threads being really nasty about Cathe. It was just as fanatical. And now someone who has never ever posted on the Cathe forum is starting a thread, and to me it looks like it is just posted to inflame.

Yes, we would all like to hear about the work-outs, but I think that when SNM or Cathe has time and something to post, they will post. Perhaps due to the holidays, due to other reasons, there is simply nothing to report yet.

Good catch, Dorothy. I didn't even realize that the person who started this thread has only 4 posts, and just signed up yesterday. LOL

I'm not really all that worried about the length of time these are taking to be filmed or finished or whatever; the lack of updates doesn't bother me much either. BUT I do understand that others are concerned and getting impatient. Yes, it is a holiday; yes, a lot of folks are already back to work, full-swing; and yes, SOME info would be much appreciated...even by those of us who probably won't catch the update!

My point? We all have a right to post civilly expressed opinions, even if they aren't over-the-moon thrilled with Cathe or SNM. And even if they only JUST registered on this forum! Just because I've been here a few years and am not itching to get these new workouts (I pre-ordered all four of the first batch, btw) does not give me any more rights than anyone else to post, whether to complain or to praise.

Also, as a regular over at VF, I don't recall ever seeing any kind of snarkiness there. Some of the same concerns as expressed here, nothing more. JMHO.

"My point? We all have a right to post civilly expressed opinions, even if they aren't over-the-moon thrilled with Cathe or SNM."

Indeed, and I never said otherwise. :)

You must have missed VF about 3 weeks ago, it was quite bad. Certain people are quite vicious over there. These two threads kept going for quite some time, rehashing the same things over and over, and even saying people who pre-ordered were stupid. And then to accuse people who are like Cathe as being fanatical, when they were fanatical about their dislikes. No other instuctor gets quite the same treatment, nor do their fans get this treatment. I think everybody has a right to critisize, but it gets over the top there, and it smacks of trying to start something here.

http://69.93.245.62/forum/showthread.php?t=78158&highlight=cathe
http://69.93.245.62/forum/showthread.php?t=78078&highlight=cathe

Honestly, if I were really concerned about these videos, I would not post this question on the public forum by chance Cathe or SNM would see it. I would call or e-mail to ask for updates. That is why I feel this post was purely to inflame.

Now if I received a response via the call or e-mail and felt others should know what I have learned, I would post that. Even if it was the answer, not filming until(insert a date that would probably upset people).

>I found the snarkiness going on over at the VF board a couple
>of weeks ago interesting. If anyone defended Cathe, it was
>considered fanatical, yet in the matter of one week, there
>were 4 threads being really nasty about Cathe. It was just as
>fanatical. And now someone who has never ever posted on the
>Cathe forum is starting a thread, and to me it looks like it
>is just posted to inflame.
>
>Yes, we would all like to hear about the work-outs, but I
>think that when SNM or Cathe has time and something to post,
>they will post. Perhaps due to the holidays, due to other
>reasons, there is simply nothing to report yet.

I read those threads on VF and lord and behold a statement came from Cathe and SNM letting folks know that the vids were not going to be shot for weeks, etc.

Unfortunately, it took folks screaming on the VF boards to get a statement from SNM. I don't know about you, but it should not take all of that to get a one paragraph statement on the status of the series?

JMHO

To like Cathe on VF is to be shunned. It is suppose to be a sight for all vidiots, but in my lurking(I rarely post), it seems Cathe fans get slammed a lot there, and there is a regular slamming of Cathe there.

A discussion of business practices is one thing, to have two go on for a week, and anyone who tried to explain why they pre-ordered was slammed, well, then in my mind they are not any better than the "Catheites" they say are so bad.

Hi everyone, I too have pre ordered and am wondering when filming will begin. It seems to me that having another company involved has caused more delays than Cathe expected. x( I hope they can live up to expectations on this one! (better pic better sound etc)

I love Cathes workouts and the interaction we get with her through this site. That said, I don't think it's unreasonable for us to expect regular updates when things are so far behind plan. I don't mind pre ordering (we get a great price) :) but, please SNM a few words once a week isn't too much to give is it?

Thanks, Fiona.

> And now someone who has never ever posted on the
>Cathe forum is starting a thread, and to me it looks like it
>is just posted to inflame.
>
Dorothy,
I guess you are referring to me? I don't see anything in my posts that could be referred to as inflamatory? I just asked for a short update on the progress of the new workouts that I PREORDERED. If someone at SNM would have responded, things wouldn't have gotten out of hand here with people defending Cathe, arguing, etc. No I did not post to inflame! I am truly anxious to hear about these, whether it be descriptions, outfits worn, pictures..etc. It just seems this preorder is going slower than usual and I was just wondering. I posted a question and I think we're entitled to an answer.

As far as this being my first post,I belong to a few message boards that I enjoy reading and rarely post to. I am as much a member of this message board as you are and I did preorder these so feel I have a right to ask.

>>To like Cathe on VF is to be shunned. It is suppose to be a sight for all vidiots, but in my lurking(I rarely post), it seems<<

Well I am over at VF a lot, mostly just reading and I would not agree with that statement at all. Shunned? Don't you think that's a slight exaggeration? I stated over there that I preordered these new workouts and I wasn't slammed.

I didn't read anything in this thread that was nasty, attacking Cathe or SNM (maybe I didn't read all?), just merely asking for an update. I mean there are responses from forum members that Cathe's busy (I know)it's the holidays (I know), etc. I don't know why people feel they have to come to Cathe/SNM's defense all the time and answer for her. Seriously, why can't someone just post an update even if it's just sorry no filming date set yet...gee

Thanks for replying. After seeing all that I have seen on VF, it made me wonder. Sometimes I think some people(not all as there are probably more that do not do this), just post to cause trouble and complain.

I do think a direct contact with SNM would work better. Maybe not, but when I have asked question of SNM, I usually get an answer.

I too am waiting patiently for the workouts to come that I ordered almost 4 months ago. The thing that bothers me a little is that the filming was supposedly going to begin in November and it did not. BUT I do understand, the dates were all tentative. That is fine. But NOW here at the END of December and we're all sitting here wondering if and when the filming WILL start. I understand that I can get my money back but I already paid my money, something was promised to me for that money and it is being delayed and delayed with no explanation. I don't want my money back I want something for my money. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that Cathe's response to someone asking about when filming was occurring was how we found out about the next few weeks thing and that no updates would occur until after filming. MY question is WHY DID WE HAVE TO ASK??? Why isn't the information being provided to us, why arn't we getting emails or a highlighted announcement on the website to let us know what the heck is going on. Filming may be occurring at this time but because of the delay from what we were initially told, and because we were then told it would occur in the next few weeks a few weeks ago, we should be getting some info. That would be the right thing to do in my opinion.

This kind of reminds me of this really yummy restaurant close to where I live. The food is awesome but the service leaves something to be desired. There is usually a wait to get in and, like I said, the food is great. Sometimes the service is plain crummy, sometimes it is a little better. I will continue to go because I love the food but the place just kind of makes me mad if you know what I mean.... It's almost as if they know that people will keeping coming back just because the food is wonderful regardless of how they treat people.

To me, the best businesses, the ones that keep me coming back and praising them and recommending others to them and leaving me NOTHING to complain about are the ones that have a fabulous product AND great service. BUT, hey, nobody's perfect.

Sorry so long, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Part of me wants to say, "I understand how you feel," to both sides of the camp (one side dickering about wanting an update, and the other defending Cathe). The other part of me just wants to yell out, "GROW UP!" If fussing over when your new workout video is coming is the only thing you've got to worry about right now, then consider yourself freakin' lucky! There are people in New Orleans who'd absolutely LOVE to have such petty little problems! There are people in Sri Lanka who are just now getting their lives back to normal since last year's tsunami. There are people whose houses burned down last night...or will burn down tonight. Someone just lost a loved one in an automobile accident. Someone in the world just found out they've got terminal cancer. Who knows, maybe one of Cathe's crew is one such person for any of the above examples. And you are upset because you haven't gotten a stinkin' update. x(

Yes, I can understand your irritation, but try putting things into a little perspective and remember how good you've REALLY got it. I haven't seen a preorder, yet, that didn't have a delay and infrequent updates, so this should come as no surprise. I preordered, too, and I check in looking for updates regularly, but I don't get bent out of shape when I don't see one, because....well....I didn't really expect one. Don't expect it and you'll be thrilled when it's there!

>Part of me wants to say, "I understand how you feel," to both
>sides of the camp (one side dickering about wanting an update,
>and the other defending Cathe). The other part of me just
>wants to yell out, "GROW UP!" If fussing over when your new
>workout video is coming is the only thing you've got to worry
>about right now, then consider yourself freakin' lucky! There
>are people in New Orleans who'd absolutely LOVE to have such
>petty little problems! There are people in Sri Lanka who are
>just now getting their lives back to normal since last year's
>tsunami. There are people whose houses burned down last
>night...or will burn down tonight. Someone just lost a loved
>one in an automobile accident. Someone in the world just
>found out they've got terminal cancer. Who knows, maybe one
>of Cathe's crew is one such person for any of the above
>examples. And you are upset because you haven't gotten a
>stinkin' update. x(
>
>Yes, I can understand your irritation, but try putting things
>into a little perspective and remember how good you've REALLY
>got it. I haven't seen a preorder, yet, that didn't have a
>delay and infrequent updates, so this should come as no
>surprise. I preordered, too, and I check in looking for
>updates regularly, but I don't get bent out of shape when I
>don't see one, because....well....I didn't really expect one.
>Don't expect it and you'll be thrilled when it's there!
>

I guess I don't get bent out of shape about the delay because it is not the end of the world. Even if I had no work-outs to work out to right now, I could continue to work-out on my own. Videos are a perk, something fun to have. I used extra money I got for my birthdat to order, so am not out household money. If I don't have the videos yet, life goes on.

I DO understand that it is a customer service issue and it probably should be addressed. There may be a very good reason for the delay, and the best thing would be to explain why.

Yes, I've had my bad experiences with SNM's customer service, too...so I'll agree with that point. My beef is with people attacking Cathe over something that she might not have any control over. She's started a new business venture...this is the first set of workouts she'd done in that partnership. Their PR/marketing people might be holding her up. Who knows...it could be any number of things. Anyone who's worked in corporate America, or who has been part of a merger, should know how things work.

It just irritates me when people cry over something so very trivial in light of all the bad things happening around the world. Have we become so absorbed in ourselves and our own tiny microcosm of existence that we have become this intolerant of what is merely an "inconvenience?" It's sad to see how people have moved to more of a "me, me, me" mentality instead of a "we, we, we" mentality. "We" mentality people are more patient and compassionate of others, while "me" mentality people just assume they've been sleighted in some way when someone doesn't give them what they want. "Me" mentality people just assume the worst in people, without considering the possibility that other people have lives and tribulations of their own.

Petty people who can't see further than the nose on their face are a real pet peeve of mine.

Hi Dorothy,

I can understand your point all too well. I have not had a bad experience with Cathe and have been lucky to have found an instructor that works for me (one of several). I don't think that my good luck should label me as an obsessive fan but people will interpret things differently. I have learned much lately. Some out-spoken VF members have basically told me that I was not entitled to post my opinion because I don't post often enough. This type of behavior does not help consumers in my opinion and I can understand how you formed your impressions of recent postings. But not everyone on VF is out to silence differing opinions, most people like open discussion on fitness issues. Having experienced this for myself, I don't think that we should exclude or diminish anyone's opinion based on the frequency of their posts. We just need to listen to each other and benefit where we can from any discussion. This forum provides a service for Cathe and the members. There is a business aspect, but I think that most people come here to support each other (to include Cathe) and they just want to discuss health, fitness and support for each others journeys.

jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.