Wondering....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm over at VF a lot, too, and folks there know I like and do a lot of Cathe's workouts. And no one has ever shunned me or given me a hard time about my preferences.

Cathe is really well respected at VF, but she is held to a higher standards than most instructors; but then Cathe does tend to set the bar pretty high herself. Few instructors put out the caliber of workouts she does: for advanced exercisers, great production, good music, challenging intensity. Folks have gotten spoiled by her frankly, so the least little thing that goes awry, and then people are up in arms. I have seen other instructors get flamed far worse than Cathe actually. Another thing...while many instructors have followings at VF or the Yaya's, Cathe seems to appeal to a wide group on both sites. For example, I don't go for the YBB's or TurboJams, but folks who do like Cathe just like I do. Same for some of the yoginis. I'm not that into yoga, but some of our most devoted yoga practioners were doing Cathe long before I ever heard of her. Okay, now I'm rambling and we sure don't need an essay here...back to your thread...

>"My point? We all have a right to post civilly expressed
>opinions, even if they aren't over-the-moon thrilled with
>Cathe or SNM."
>
>
>Indeed, and I never said otherwise. :)

I'm a litte confused...I was only following you in the thread, not pointing you out. If my memory serves me right (sometimes it does:)), I actually agreed with you!

>I don't care when they start! I'm just excited. When I get
>them, it'll be like having Christmas all over again! :7 :7

Yes, it will be like having Christmas all over again!!!! This is what I really agreed with! But I'm not thinking about when they film...frankly I've had other things more pressing:)

>Honestly, if I were really concerned about these videos, I
>would not post this question on the public forum by chance
>Cathe or SNM would see it. I would call or e-mail to ask for
>updates. That is why I feel this post was purely to inflame.

Why shouldn't this be posted here? It's the "ask Cathe" forum, and it's a question directed at Cathe/SNM, and one to which I'm sure people other than the thread originator would like an answer, which should be posted for all to see.

Criticism and discontent are not a sign of intent to "inflame," except to someone who may be a bit too defensive about the person/thing being criticized.

>Now if I received a response via the call or e-mail and felt
>others should know what I have learned, I would post that.

That would be posting a private correspondance.

>This kind of reminds me of this really yummy restaurant close
>to where I live. The food is awesome but the service leaves
>something to be desired. There is usually a wait to get in
>and, like I said, the food is great. Sometimes the service is
>plain crummy, sometimes it is a little better. I will continue
>to go because I love the food but the place just kind of makes
>me mad if you know what I mean.... It's almost as if they
>know that people will keeping coming back just because the
>food is wonderful regardless of how they treat people.

Good analogy!

>To me, the best businesses, the ones that keep me coming back
>and praising them and recommending others to them and leaving
>me NOTHING to complain about are the ones that have a fabulous
>product AND great service.

I agree completely! And there are quite a few of them out there.

Kristie: I agree with Kathryn. Excellent analogy! That is exactly how I feel about SNM. I love their products but have been treated poorly many times and wish I didn't love them quite so much. I can't get over why Cathe allows such poor CS. It is her name on the line after all. In all other ways she sets the standards of excellence, but this area just doesn't make sense to me. Heather

>>My beef is with people attacking Cathe over something that she might not have any control over<<

Again, I don't think anyone is attacking Cathe, some of us are just very anxious for these workouts and would like to know how far along things are right now. We are also disappointed that our questions go unanswered. Someone accused me of trying to cause problems here, I was simply asking a legitimate question. Maybe it's just me but it seems that the people who feel they have to defend Cathe/SNM, cause more problems than they solve by answering questions that are directed towards SNM or Cathe which just irritates some people.

I don't think anyone is attacking Cathe...
it seems that the
>people who feel they have to defend Cathe/SNM, cause more
>problems than they solve by answering questions that are
>directed towards SNM or Cathe which just irritates some
>people.

I think that with Cathe especially, since she IS a large part of SNM, people sometimes don't separate the person (Cathe) and the business (SNM/Cathe). Therefore, questions or criticisms that are directed towards the business are seen as "attacks" on Cathe.

> I don't think anyone is attacking Cathe...
> it seems that the
>>people who feel they have to defend Cathe/SNM, cause more
>>problems than they solve by answering questions that are
>>directed towards SNM or Cathe which just irritates some
>>people.
>
>I think that with Cathe especially, since she IS a large part
>of SNM, people sometimes don't separate the person (Cathe) and
>the business (SNM/Cathe). Therefore, questions or criticisms
>that are directed towards the business are seen as "attacks"
>on Cathe.

Kathryn is right.

I also like the analogy of the restaurant. Love the product, but while I've never gotten less than stellar cs from SNM, I have been appalled at how others have been treated. Sigh...

>
>I beleive that Cathe has already stated that there wouldn't be
>any updates until after filming. If she changes her mind that
>would be great but if she dosen't I can only look to myself as
>I was informed about this decision. It would be helpful if
>there was a locked stickied thread for any update
>information.
>

Jordan, it is clearly stated in SNM's preorder information that we would receive updates as the project progressed.

Filming is much later than predicted, so SNM needs to say more than that there are more hands in the pot & provide some estimated time line.

I've been around since Cathe's first pregnancy & I'm a bit surprised about the handling of this project.

Debra

Yes Jordon, it is probably a small minority that can make things unpleasant at times on VF. And it is not just recent, that faction has been there for awhile.

For the most part there are very good discussions there. In fact, I think this has turned into a good discussion. Hopefully more information will be forthcoming, and the videos will be the great videos we have come to expect from CAthe, which is of course why we all pre-ordered. :)

Dorothy,

You have made some good observations.

I too choose to see the good that may come from this discussion.

jordan :)

Hi Debra,

I was only speaking for myself when I wrote my reply. I feel that I was given the update about the delay and was told that there would be no more information until after the filming and I made my decision. I have been ordering longer than I can remember and I just don't feel that this pre-oder is very different. Maybe that is why I don't feel anxious at this time. If you feel that SNM needs to say more about this pre-order to satisfy you then that is ok. I encourage people to voice their concerns here.

jordan

I guess that shows how everyone is different. I don't care how good the food is, if the service is poor, I would never go back. :)

>>Yes, I can understand your irritation, but try putting things into a little perspective and remember how good you've REALLY got it. I haven't seen a preorder, yet, that didn't have a delay and infrequent updates, so this should <<

You know what, maybe SNM or Cathe should realize how good THEY really have it by having customers willing to fork over their money six-seven months in advance for workouts SIGHT UNSEEN. And here we are sitting in silence almost four months later with no details whatsoever, just waiting and waiting and waiting. I'm sorry but that just seems wrong to me. Cathe isn't doing us a favor by making these workouts, this is her business and she is trying to make $$$$. No one is slamming her or bashing her. That's just a fact. She has very loyal customers and in my opinion, should at the least show them the courtesy of an update or a response to this thread (if not her, then someone at SNM).

I got a response from a private e-mail I sent. Basically it pointed to the updated on December 8th. To me that says that there is nothing new to report.

I work with a person who drives me crazy by wanting updates every hour on a job that takes 9 hours to run. When the job gets done running, I update this person, but every hour, I get, how is it going......well the same as the last time, it is running.

Now I realize it has been 3 weeks, not 1 hour, but perhaps there is nothing new to report, and therefore, why get on and say the same thing again. Would that not irritate people?

Also, there are a lot of places that DO close down during the holidays, or work on a skeleton crew. While we can all point out we worked during this time, I also work with companies that I have been unable to get anything accomplished because of the amount of people gone. And living in a University Town.....they have the buildings locked up tight, since a week before Christmas and they won't open until January 3. So perhaps nothing COULD get done at this time.

>>got a response from a private e-mail I sent. Basically it pointed to the updated on December 8th. To me that says that there is nothing new to report.>>

So pretty much we're back to square one on this. Cathe said on Dec 8 that filming would start in several weeks. Obviously that is not the case.

Several weeks would be Dec 29th-January 5. I doubt if they started filming yesterday, but I could see the players all being back after the holidays by next week. I am hoping to track down an illusive accountant next week after he has been MIA for several!

Something tells me that is not the case since I'm sure someone would have said filming would be starting sometime next week but hey, I could be wrong. Well, here's hoping:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.