women over 40, whats your favorite makeup foundation brand

shorty68

I have been using the same mineral foundation for over 16 years now, here in Phoenix Az from a local gal (Zethina) who costume mixes her own mineral founatin to match your skin tone, wish I love. The problem is that she is to far away from where I leave I'm alway's way to busy to make some time and head over there. Since I have been wearing the same shade for years I'm begining to wonder if maybe I might need a differnt shade and feeling like maybe the shade I have now is not a good match for me anymore. I have been thinking about trying another brand, from somewhere where I can go and get consulted if I had a question, but everytime I go into the department stores by the makeup the women there have way to much makeup and not sure if they would recomend the right match foundation for my tone and 40+ skin. I don't have isues with my skin, I have no wrinkles and not very much to cover all but a small dark spot from my previos pregnacies that never went away. If you ladies can recomend a brand of makeup foundation that you love and where to go to get the best service for women over 40 that would be great! Thanks!

Sorry, don't wear it, never have. I have only just started experimenting with eye make up after 20 years of abstinence!

Clare

Bobbi Brown - again expensive, but lots of help and advice. They want to make you look your best, not like someone else!

I use Gurlain ($$ but very pretty and natural), but I'd like to try the new one by Giorgio Armani called "Maestro." It's very, very thin but highly pigmented, and from the reviews I've read, looks more beautiful and luminous as the day goes on.

Renee

I'm in the UK so can get it from various department stores here - I don't really know where you'd get it in the US. It is a US brand tho' so I imagine lots of places must stock it.

In the summer I use Everyday Minerals (although lately I've just been using Origins VitaZing tinted moisturizer) and in the winter, when I need a little more moisture, I switch to Laura Geller Balance and Brighten. Both are quick, sheer, very natural looking and affordable. I may actually try to stick with the Everyday Minerals or even the tinted moisturizer through the winter this year and just bump up my other moisturizer. I love the Everday Minerals - it literally looks like you're wearing nothing but have perfect skin. You can get it from their website - Everyday Minerals | Everyday Naturals

Liz

I use Gurlain ($$ but very pretty and natural), but I'd like to try the new one by Giorgio Armani called "Maestro." It's very, very thin but highly pigmented, and from the reviews I've read, looks more beautiful and luminous as the day goes on.

Let me know how you like the Giorgio Armani Maestro! Thanks!

Shorty, do you have a Sephora close to you? I love that store, the staff in there are so sweet and helpful. If not you can go online and call them for recommendations. It's not as good as going in so they can see your skin but you can explain what you're looking for over the phone and they are very helpful. I just called them today and the girl I spoke w/ set me up w/ a new eye shadow.

NY25, thanks for the site for Everyday Minerals. I might give that one a try.

I love mineral powder foundation, too. I just bought some Bobbi Brown BB Cream that I absolutely love! It's as easy as mineral powder, with a teeny bit more coverage (but not as much coverage as foundation.) It's just a sheer beautiful (imo) finish. Here in St. Louis, you can buy it at Nordstrom, Saks, or Neiman Marcus. I thought it was reasonably-priced.

@Liz066

Hello,

I was wondering if you ever tried the new makeup by Giorgio Armani called (Maestro)? If you have, I would love to hear your reviews. Thanks!!

I recently started using Josie Maran which I can get at Sephora. The makeup contains argan oil. The foundation is also 30 SPF.

Lisa

I used to use Everyday Minerals but now use Silk Naturals. It's got fabulous skincare (I use it exclusively on my sensitive skin - and they have sample sizes to try first) and you can mix your own mineral makeup blend to match your skin tone. There is someone there that, if you post your picture, can tell you pretty much spot on what your blend will be. It's super reasonably priced, too.

Mac is great

I also love expensive brands such as Chanel and Shiseido; Shiseido has the best skincare I have ever enountered. In the winter, I use a creme foundation, and Elizabeth Arden has a great one, and, in the summer, I used a Clinique oil free foundation. Revlon has the best eyeliner called Colorstay, and, since my hair is very dark, I use black.

Last edited:
I use Merle Norman.It is very expensive but i really like it .I have tried 2 different kinds,same color.The one i like most is Long Lasting.Its like a powder base so i do not have to put on any powder afterwards and it covers up redness i have on my cheeks and if i havent slept enough it gets rid of bags under my eyes.

Laura

I'm not over 40, but I'm almost 40, so I am taking the liberty of weighing in. :)
I love and use Pur minerals 4 in 1 powder foundation. It is also SPF 15. I've been wearing this for years, and it has a wonderful way of having natural looking coverage, but covering up blemishes. I have crappy skin and raccoon eyes, and I actually get compliments on my skin frequently thanks to this magical powder. I have also had several women tell me they can't believe I wear makeup. That's how awesome this is. I used to buy it at Ulta, but now I just order it from their site since I know what I need, and they have great discounts.

Good luck in finding something that works for you!
Eva

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.