Why do you overeat?

I eat a lot of food

I eat a lot of food because I usually burn many calories during my workouts, and I always wear my Polar Heart Rate Monitor.

Because it tastes good!! I like to bake......then I eat it. Luckily I'm not a boredom eater. I just bake stuff or buy bakery items. It's the devil!

Because it's there. Because I have a chocolate addiction. Because I'm bored, angry, frustrated, tired. Because I am trying to forget or put off some unpleasant task that I need to do.

I am definitely a person who needs to keep trigger foods out of the house. If they are there, one of the things above will hit and I will be all over that food! If it isn't there I'm usually OK and I remember to use other coping mechanisms. :)

Stebby

Because I'm hungry. I'm always hungry so keeping my weight off is very, very difficult, and my weight constantly fluctuates.

I overeat because I like the way food tastes. I also enjoy the act of eating. It is quite pleasurable. I so enjoy watching a good movie with a yummy plate of food! Such pleasure!

Sometimes I overeat because I just get too busy and then by the time I can eat, I am absolutely starving and wolf down my food with such velocity and voracious pleasure, before I know it I am past full!

Overheating

I enjoy cooking and eating. Food was comfort and reward when I was growing up. Hard to change that wiring. When I get really frustrated, I tend to not be as careful, too. I am a chocoholic, so I have found low carb ways of adding it in.

Boredom will do it and just flat out coz I love to! Especially when it's something that's not good for me! :rolleyes:

Mainly boredom. If I am sitting around with nothing to do, I eat. I really need to work on my mindless boredom snacking.

I do enjoy the taste of food but I wouldn't say that is why I overeat. Boredom is why I overeat.

Stress!!!

Using food to drown out negative emotions. Not sure if that makes sense, but that's the only way I know how to describe it.

Not enough sleep! When I don't get enough sleep I tend to eat more, especially the bad (vs. good) carbs. What helps me eat better on a daily basis is to have a high protein snack mid-morning and afternoon.

When I finally relax at the end of the day, sit and enjoy a glass of red wine and watch a fave TV program. It's the fatal moment: out comes the cheese, peanuts and if it's PMS time: Lays chips, oh dear...

Lesson: never watch TV! Never sit down!!

Clare

Since raising my caloric consumption, I rarely "overeat" anymore. I feel satisfied with all the calories that I don't ever feel deprived. From what I've read/researched/experienced, is that sometimes "overeating" is just your bodies what of saying it needs MORE FOOD. I would really take a close look at your calorie consumption. If you are eating well below/at your BMR AND you exercise/weight train/have a high caloric expenditure (TDEE) during the day, you might just need more calories TBH. Here is a link of a good calculator that Amber from Go Kaleo recommends: Health-calc - Energy expenditure adv.. Just another thing to consider. It worked for me!

HTH :)

Since raising my caloric consumption, I rarely "overeat" anymore. I feel satisfied with all the calories that I don't ever feel deprived. From what I've read/researched/experienced, is that sometimes "overeating" is just your bodies what of saying it needs MORE FOOD. I would really take a close look at your calorie consumption. If you are eating well below/at your BMR AND you exercise/weight train/have a high caloric expenditure (TDEE) during the day, you might just need more calories TBH. Here is a link of a good calculator that Amber from Go Kaleo recommends: Health-calc - Energy expenditure adv.. Just another thing to consider. It worked for me! HTH :)

This! I have a long history of binge eating. Endless years of over exercising, under eating, binging, repeat. I finally of fed up and I started to eat more and now take two days off from working out. I haven't binged in 4 months since doing this and I feel so much better. Those binge cravings/episodes were just my body trying to tell me it needed more food.

This! I have a long history of binge eating. Endless years of over exercising, under eating, binging, repeat. I finally of fed up and I started to eat more and now take two days off from working out. I haven't binged in 4 months since doing this and I feel so much better. Those binge cravings/episodes were just my body trying to tell me it needed more food.

I'm so happy you were able to stop that cycle. I wish you the best :).

Since raising my caloric consumption, I rarely "overeat" anymore. I feel satisfied with all the calories that I don't ever feel deprived. From what I've read/researched/experienced, is that sometimes "overeating" is just your bodies what of saying it needs MORE FOOD. I would really take a close look at your calorie consumption. If you are eating well below/at your BMR AND you exercise/weight train/have a high caloric expenditure (TDEE) during the day, you might just need more calories TBH. Here is a link of a good calculator that Amber from Go Kaleo recommends: Health-calc - Energy expenditure adv.. Just another thing to consider. It worked for me!

HTH :)

Using this calculator, my numbers are 1,375 basal metabolic rate and 2,319 total energy expenditure. So what is this telling me?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.