Who Cares Another Year

Hi all

Roxie - hope work goes well today. I do that workout with the equivalent in kg of 8.8lbs so you're not that far off me! Not sure I'll ever get to KCM's 15lbs!

Lisa - you could try some meditation or mindfulness exercises ... I know how much you'd enjoy that!

Mary - it was quite a big release at the end of last year, it's a Spielberg film with Tom Hanks about a spy swap in the 1960s. Worth seeing. Enjoy the show.

Xtrain BT with core 2 today. Felt an improvement from doing it last week. Feel like I could go heavier on a couple of things.

HI girls! Today did TB, leg premix. Roxie, hope work goes ok! Ronne, now I recognize that movie! It looked like a good story! I saw it was nominated for an Oscar today. Lisa, don't hurt your upper body too much! Last night went well, it was fun to see the "magic" of television! They didn't do so great, they were against the state champs! Fun non the less! Good day to all! Mary

Hello! Today did ICE kickboxing, still hard! Roxie, how are you feeling? Lisa, how about you? Ronne, you must be working? 3 basketball games this weekend. Probably hit up Costco too. Not much else, hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Hi everyone! Another day, another setback. Limited Balancing work for 2 days made it all hurt again. So yesterday I spent icing all day. Here's a funny story (because if I don't have a funny story I just may cry). I like to turn the heating pad on in the bed at my feet, well heat makes the feet hurt sooooo much (Massage lady says it's because of all the inflammation). So last night I swore not to turn on the heating pad at all, I had ice packs and cold feet (it's cold here too), all day, go to bed with cold feet (in socks), on ice packs, wake up feet are 2 blocks of ice (oh, I can't stand the weight of covers pushing on my toes either so barely any covers--one light flannel blanket), I managed to get back to sleep even with cold feet, wake up, now the bed has warmed up and ice packs are gone that my right foot is throbbing, get up, get advil and valium to get back to sleep, go back to sleep wake up now with left foot throbbing, move semi cold ice pack over to left foot, go back to sleep (sleeping would not be possible at this point without my medicinal help), wake up, left foot still throbbing, poke it out trying to find a cool spot on the sheets, give up, get up. So, my current plan is to do NO balancing of anything even if feet feel better, limited walking, even around the house---I walk so much in the house because I forget things and have to retrace footsteps to get them, so I'm rolling around on the wood floor (I'll walk on the carpeting---bedroom). I'll do the sitting band work but nothing else for a month! And hope it heals. I'll run this plan by my massage lady, I just need to figure out how to get back to walking the dog (my first priority) without a relapse after I rest it a month. Tendonitis sucks, I've never had any kind of tendonitis before. Massage lady explained why tendons are so hard to heal a lot harder than muscles but I can't really. relay explaination. I'm counting on her to get me out of this, she helped me so much with my neck I'd be so lost without her! So, today I did do PUB and I'll rest the rest of the day. Ronne, you are funny about meditating, so not me and you know it! So good to see someone else lifting only 8 lbs in a KCM, I'm learning (I'm a slow learner), it's not always about how much....how much weight, how many steps, how much sweat. You seem to have a good balance maybe I can come stay with you and learn :) Mary, that TV show sounded like a cool experience. I don't know when I'll get this house cleaned and I'm not going to worry about it. Good thing no one is coming to visit :)

Good Afternoon,

I did KCM Cardio Quick Fix 2 yesterday and Cardio Pump Kickboxing this morning. Working full days is tiring but we are not as busy so it's better. I still have a tender stomach doesn't like to be touched and Ibam still pouchy, I did 2 1 minute planks this morning I don't think it helped.

Lisa-you are being put through the ringer.

Mary-feeling much better.

Hello

Roxie - sounds like you're picking up the workouts.

Lisa - you really are going through it. I think I'm just lucky because I've avoided any major health issues.

Mary - glad you enjoyed the recording. I've been to a couple, it's quite interesting.

Been getting the workouts in, Xtrain CLB Friday, yoga on Sat, Xtrain BS Bis & Tris and Core 1 yesterday and X10 step today. Overdid it a bit with the weights yesterday, my right hand and wrist are hurting a bit. Need to avoid putting too much weight on it for a couple of days.
Didn't do much else, went out to choose paint colours for DD's room, she's having it done again.

Another setback, sigh. I was feeling ok Saturday so I did only the band PT, by that evening it was starting to hurt again, by Sunday morning I couldn't imagine putting any weight on my feet. I was so upset that PT has me doing stuff that is making it worse! I yelled a few obscenities threw the balance board (it was handy and representative of PT). This pain over and over is tiring, I took a nap Sunday afternoon to get away and took medicinal help to sleep last night. I am not going to do ANY PT or walking for a month to let this heal. PT plan isn't working, I'm going to work with my massage lady to get through this. She came today massaged out my calves and ankles, she agrees to no activity and just shakes her head about PT. I need to get the inflammation down so ice and advil but she recommended a brace and showed wear to have compression. Oh, how much better it felt when she compressed where she wanted me to wrap it. PT specifically said no brace or wrapping *shaking head *. Ronne, be careful, don't want you to jinx yourself! Sounds like you've gotten in some good workouts! Roxie, how's work and workouts going for you this week? Mary, you're MIA, did you get recruited to a basketball team?

Good Evening,

I did Ice Upper Body Timesaver 1 5 rounds removed.

Lisa-work is going good. I am back to doing planks to tighten my core muscles,

Hi all

Lisa - it sounds like your massage therapist really knows what she's doing. It's odd that PT is having such an adverse effect on you. Have they misdiagnosed you, do you think?

Roxie - Good workout!

LLA done today. Finally properly cold here, frost in the morning, wearing my wooliest jumper!

HI girls! Today tried a Cindy Whitmarsh w/o, too much up and down, burpees, jump ripe, plank jacks, up to jumping squats, made me dizzy all the up and down! So, then I did a barre workout and just stayed on the floor! Problem fixed! Lisa, I'm so sorry. This is so frustrating for you! Your massage lady sounds brilliant! Roxie, how are you doing all day at work? Ronne, cold here too! Dogs have been curled up in balls all day! Not much here, just cleaning, getting ready for work next week. Have a good day! Mary

Good Afternoon,

I did KCM Cardio Pump with weighted gloves this morning. My stomach is actually starting to feel better still doesn't like anything against it my boss explained that it was because of nerve damage from surgery.

Mary-I am doing ok really tired when I get home though

Ronne-we are getting ice right now and it's suppose to turn to snow the 10 mile trip home at 6 is going to be real fun

Did CTX UB today. Ronne, think the PT sent me into full blown tendonitis because now it hurts behind the ankle right where all the medical websites says it will hurt. Before I only felt it outside ankle to midfoot on the side. I now have read real life accounts of people feeling it here first. I should have rested it more than I did, who knew you'd need weeks off and not days like i did take when it got bad. Lesson learned. Mary, back to work already? I'm still waiting for more healing before I do a bit of cleaning, knowing to take it easy on that too. Hey, I have lots of time to get it all done! Roxie, are you tired of putting on new patches yet? Thank goodness I have a reminder on my phone because I'm always like, 'already again'?

Did CTX UB today. Ronne, think the PT sent me into full blown tendonitis because now it hurts behind the ankle right where all the medical websites says it will hurt. Before I only felt it outside ankle to midfoot on the side. I now have read real life accounts of people feeling it here first. I should have rested it more than I did, who knew you'd need weeks off and not days like i did take when it got bad. Lesson learned. Mary, back to work already? I'm still waiting for more healing before I do a bit of cleaning, knowing to take it easy on that too. Hey, I have lots of time to get it all done! Roxie, are you tired of putting on new patches yet? Thank goodness I have a reminder on my phone because I'm always like, 'already again'?

Lisa-I am tired of battling the insurance company they ssid they shipped my patches but haven't received them yet.

Hello

Mary - I don't fancy the sound of that!

Lisa - We all want to get back to normal as quickly as possible. I wouldn't have thought you'd need to rest that long either.

Roxie - yeah, it's fun to look at but not to drive in!

Xtrain BS CBS done. Went as heavy as I could and felt the work. I think Xtrain is my favourite series. I find it the best one to turn to if I need to get some flab off.
Pulled out the fingerless gloves for work today. That's my sign that winter is properly here!

Hi girls! Today did a Cathe live, stability ball total body. Ronne, cold here too! At least we are going to dodge the snowstorm this weekend. Lisa, do you think you could try a different Doctor? I know with my hip the first one told me at least I didn't have cancer and to buy a new mattress, the second one cared and searched for the problem and tried to fix it. Roxie, I know my scar from my C-sections bothered me for years, especially with the cold. DH has a short day today, we have a lunch date! Have a good day! Mary

Ronne, it's about time everyone else gets winter. We still have snow from a month ago! That is not normal for us, normally it's gone by a week. Guess it's good I can't walk. Mary, I go to my primary dr for yearly rx review . I doubt she'll be able to give me much else except maybe a better anti inflammatory, I hate taking so much ibuprofen. Roxie, don't even get me started on insurance! Just got something from them asking for more info about my ankle as they want to try to collect money from someone else if they can. Ronne, do you like your health care system? It was interesting with how that book 'when I die' seemed to suggest that had he not come to the US for his cancer surgery he may have been better off.

Good morning! Today did the low impact hiit from ICE. Lisa, maybe she can help! I hope so! How is everyone else? Not much here, just enjoying the last few days of quiet! I go back Tuesday, the kids will be off with me Saturday, Sunday and Monday! I'm going to soak up this silence! Mary

Good Afternoon,

Another round of snow and ice today and the road crews are not out. I did Ice TTM TS#7 and Icy Core 2.

Mary-enjoy your day

BM2 double UB premix minus warm up and some abs. Feet a bit better but still can't walk without pain :(
Roxie, everytime I put ice on my feet I think of ICE workout. I did same thing when you said there was ice on the roads!
Mary, enjoy the silence!
Hello to Ronne too!

Hello
The day got away from me yesterday!

Lisa - you were asking about our healthcare system. It's far from perfect but at least we don't have hassles with payments and insurance companies. The only thing we pay for upfront is prescriptions which is a flat rate per prescription (but kids, old people, etc. don't pay), it's about £8 at the moment. For pretty much everything, the GP is gatekeeper who prescribes, etc. or refers if necessary. What I like about it is that it's not tied to your job, so you don't have to stay in a job because of the benefits, etc.You can't just go to your doctor and demand stuff though, healthcare is rationed, there are budgets.

Roxie - how appropriate!

Mary - enjoy your silence!

Been keeping up with the workouts. Did a Michelle Dozois cardio yesterday and yoga today. I've worked out 9 days on the trot, so I'll probably have a break this weekend.
Went to see The Revenant last night. It was pretty full-on! Hard to watch at times.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.