Who Cares Another Year

Yes that's DS dog, he's so good, sits there until you give him his release command, mine was a challenge to get this picture! DH is in charge of walking but now that he's back at work he's on phone constantly and stressed. I told him it's good for him to get away for 30 min, make the time! Well he didn't yesterday and the weather was so nice so I attempted thinking to just walk slow (super slow) as its the push off that makes it start hurting. Wasn't very enjoyable so I'm guilting DH to make time today since cold and snow starts tomorrow. For some reason I feel less guilty her not getting a walk when it's bad weather.
Today I'm totally resting except for PT. I'll do laundry but don't want to be on my feet very much so no big cleaning. I'm already getting antsy with this recovery!

Hi girls! Today did TTM, felt lazy so I wanted to lie down! Ronne, the kids usually walk the dogs, one good thing about having two is that they really entertain each other. Lisa, it is hard to sit still when you have to! It's when we have to being doing stuff when we really want to sit still! Ronne, have you started thinking about your vacation this year? Roxie, are you going to be able to work full days next week? How are you feeling? Not much today, maybe I'll go be lazy? Mary

Good Afternoon,

Didn't sleep well again last night and my legs are hurting.

Mary-I won't know until after my appointment with the Doctor. I am still having a burning sensation in my stomach and my legs are tired.

Lisa-my patches come in a generic but the doctor ordered the name brand. I still haven't heard if her office received the paperwork needed. At the pharmacy my copay is 20.00 for 8 patches through insurance I can get a 90 day supply for 40.00.

Hi everyone

Roxie - sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

Mary - you did TTM, no wonder you wanted to lie down!

Lisa - I'm not surprised you're getting antsy, I would be too! I'd be tearing my hair out.

Ddi Xtrain Bis/Tris with Core Timesaver premix leaving off the last two rounds. Good length.
Work quiet today so I'm catching up on a few bits of housework. Mainly dusting DD's room, it's the job I hate the most as she's got so much stuff I have to move around!!

HI ladies! Today did CLB, it was good. Ronne, I don't really care for dusting, very tedious! Picking everything up, putting it back....first world problems for sure! Roxie, I hope you don't go back full time too quickly! Lisa, too bad it's winter, could Suki walk beside you while you are riding a bike? Well, DD picked her college last night! She's going to my alma mater AKron University! I'm so excited! At least her I'll be able to get to within an hour! Cleaning today! Good day to all! Mary

Good Evening,

I did KCM TLC Boxing this morning. I am learning things now about hysterectomies that I wish I would have heard before I decided to do it like not ever being able to wear jeans again or having a pouchy stomach.

Mary-If I don't feel up to full time by my doctors appointment I will ask for another half day week just wish the stomach discomfort would go away.

I did GS CT, while doing PT I put on ICE BB from CLB, it made the time go faster. Roxie, unfortunately I don't think doctors ever prepare you for the after. Mary, good idea but many reasons why it wouldn't work. It'll be nice having DD close by. Ronne, I hate dusting too. I need to dust badly, oh wait, I need to clean everything badly. Maybe I'll start next week, hoping my foot doesn't hurt too much by then and it will pass these weeks while I can't do much. Foot hurt too much yesterday because of my pathetic attempt at walking Suki. DH was so good at getting her out today.

Hello

Lisa - that's a good idea about putting on the DVD while you do your PT. Sometimes it's nice to watch them rather than be sweating yourself.

Roxie - I think it will probably take a while to recover - you've had major abdominal surgery so don't be too hard on yourself!

Mary - good news about DD and nice to have her close as well.

Yoga today, did two short twenty minutes online classes. Doing yet more cleaning as no work, Lisa, do you want me to come over and sort out your house? It'll only cost you the airfare! ;)
Pretty quiet weekend planned. I might go into town on Sunday as there's a few bits and pieces I need.

HI all! Today did a 1,000 rep workout I saw on YouTube, 10 exercises, 20 reps repeated 5 times. It was fun! I'll see how I feel tomorrow tho! Roxie, I know when I had my c-sections it took a bit to wear jeans again, but you will! As far as the pouch, I haven't gotten rid of that! I keep trying tho! But then, your uterus is gone, it's not taking up that space anymore. Ronne, enjoy the quiet! Lisa, I know when I was doing my PT I watched workouts too, made me feel like I was doing something. Has the injection helped at all? Well, we have 4 basketball games this weekend, should be fun....hope everyone has a good day! Mary

GS BSB today. Mary, it still hurts even with all this resting (10 days now) and the shot. I'm getting discouraged. Sounds like another busy weekend for you. We have more snow and cold. Ronne, DH just happens to have a lot of airline miles ;) I should be cleaning but I'm really trying to limit as much time on my foot as possible. I average 3000-4000 steps just around the house. You'd think this foot would hurt a lot less. I didn't sleep well last night again, so with that, the foot pain, the snow and cold, I'm going to bed to read (and maybe nap)

Good Afternoon,

I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes this morning before work. Everyone at work has a cold so now I have one.

Mary-I am determined to get my stomach back once it quits hurting.

Lisa-I hope you heal soon.

OK, now I've done it. sigh. I was in PAIN yesterday afternoon on BOTH ANKLES/FEET. the peroneal on the RIGHT side is now hurting really bad, I can't even walk. Last night was awful pain. I'm going to cut and paste from a email I sent my BFFs, hope you all dont mind, too much to really type again, hope it makes sense. Roxie, oh goodness, I hope you feel better soon!

Here's the email:

Can it get any worse?

Of course it can! Now I can't walk on either foot! I have the exact, debilitating symptoms in my right foot now and my left hurts almost as bad. I'm back to wheeling around the house hoping come Monday I can walk into the dr office for my Mohs surgery.

How did this happen??? I think physical therapy had me doing too much waaaaay too soon. I've been doing the exercises on both sides knowing my right needed strengthening too since symptoms started at Disney on right. I told pt that too, she just said it was because I was over compensating and yes I could do exercises on both sides (after I asked). Of course she stressed stop at pain, problem is I don't feel pain while doing the exercises! I don't see any reason to go back next week to PT, I'm canceling that appt.

So I felt this coming on yesterday afternoon (I do the pt in the morning). I started a different Google search and found a website with much better info. It says if you can't walk without pain to NOT do the weight bearing exercises. Why does pt have me doing all that balancing?!? Here's the website if interested. http://www.athletestreatingathletes.com/ata-blog/2013/05/peroneal-tendonitis/

So, I guess it's up to me to come up with a plan. (Btw as comparison, this is like carpal tunnel but in the ankles - it's hard not to use your ankles!). So I'm going to do very little weight bearing and only do the band work for a few weeks. Then slowly add in other pt stuff as I tolerate not even doing as much as pt said to do. I'm going to use website as a guide.

And then as this morning went on after major icing (and a bit of advil....trying not to take too much since i have Mohs on Monday...you're not supposed to take it because of bleeding)
Now that the pain has subsided some I feel my muscles in my calf (between back and outside of leg) really sore and hurting . Those muscles are the ones that turn into the peroneal tendon that then inserts into the bone outside of your foot that sticks out and also wraps around bottom of foot over cuboid bone inserting into big toe on bottom. I'm blaming g those darn balance exercises. I was getting good at them too (when barefoot). Obviously they were tooooooo much for me, still mad pt had me doing them a minute each (one on floor with eyes closed one on balance board).

Thanks for listening girls!

Last edited:
Hi all! Today did a leg workout, yesterday was barre, and Saturday was Cathe's live from Thursday. Lisa, I hope you are feeling better, sounds so miserable. I hope you find some relief! Roxie, how are you feeling? I'm sure the cold makes the discomfort worse. Ronne, what did you get up to this weekend? I'm a little tired of basketball! And the whistles! No more until Friday thank goodness! Busy week, I have an after prom meeting tonight, (party for the kids to go to after the big dance), tomorrow a long work meeting, and on Wednesday , eldest DS has a taping of our local academic quiz show. He's the captain! Hope everyone is well! Mary

Mohs surgery done, it was quick and the stitches dissolve this time so no need to go back for stitch removal! I caught it really small, Mohs surgeon was impressed I found it. But now my temple hurts (surgery site), so relaxing all day with ice on both ankles and right temple!

Hello! Today did PH, an oldie! I need to start lifting again! Lisa, how are you feeling today? Hope your face and ankles are better. Hello to everyone else! Work meeting today, hopefully won't be too painful! Good day to all! Mary

Good Afternoon,

I did KCM Start Here Sculpting this morning. I had a doctors appointment today and I was cleared to go back to doing whatever I was doing before surgery.

Mary-good job with your workout

Hi all

Days slipped away from me there ...

Lisa - so sorry to hear about your foot troubles. You're really suffering at the moment, I don't know how you manage. Glad the Mohs surgery went well.

Mary - hope the meeting was OK!

Roxie - good news from the doctor, how are you feeling?

Been getting in the workouts. Did Xtrain CBS on Monday and a TLC premix yesterday.
Bought myself a few tops on Sunday, some of my wardrobe is looking a bit tired.
Went to see Bridge of Spies on Monday, it was really good.

HI girls! Today did ICE MTB, still hard! Ronne, who's in that movie? I don't think I have heard of it. Roxie, are you back working full time? Take it easy! Lisa, how are you feeling? Work was fine, same mumbo jumbo! Today is the taping of the academic quiz show. It will be interesting to see how they tape a tv show, hope it's not too tedious! Good day to all! Mary

Hi guys! I'm still around. I finally did a UB workout today, HR UB premix. I discussed my sore, very tight peroneal muscles with my massage therapist and how I couldn't walk. She agrees we need to massage them out on Monday, I'm hoping it helps. It sure helped my knee pain go away when she got the muscle in front of the shin massaged. It amazes me out tangled my body can get. I'm doing 'deep couch sitting' and binge watching of the netflix 'Making of a Murderer'. Temple still hurts a bit but I do think I'm walking the best I have in a couple of months (around the house, no real walking--taking the time to heal). Tomorrow I don't have a workout planned, will see, it's hard to do too many UB workouts! And I don't want to ride the bike sitting all the time and don't want to take any chance to make it worse. Roxie, take it slow! Mary, those kids keep you young! Ronne, I thought maybe you got buried at work. I did finish that book by Philip Gould, It was good but after he quit writing I lost interest.

Good Afternoon,

I did KCM Slim Sculpting 2 using and 8lb Kettlebell and I am going to feel this tomorrow.

Lisa-I will if it hurts or makes me tired I will rest.

Mary-return to full time tomorrow.

Ronne-stomach is still tender but the doctor says it's because I haven't been able to use my core muscles my obliques have been doing all the work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.