What vehicle do you drive?

What was your first vehicle that YOU owned and what do you drive now?

I drive the typical "soccer Mom" minivan (I swore that I would never drive one!!). It is a silver Toyota Sienna (2005, I think). It has the DVD player that I can't live without (on long trips only...it is a special thing). It also has the navigation system that talks to me (I can get lost on the way home from the grocery store, so this is an awesome thing for me!).

It is a long way from my first vehicle...a white Ford Festiva. It was $5000 in 1991!

Jenn

My first car in 1983 was a 1976 Toyota Corolla that my mom bought me for under $1,000.

Now I drive a 2004 Chevy Tahoe SUV because it is big enough for 4 dog crates and we have 4 big dogs.

Colleen

My mom won a car when I was 16 years old, so I was given their 1980 Honda Accord. they also just dropped it off to me while I was at work and told me that's how I was going to learn to drive stick shift...it worked!

Now I drive a 2000 Acura TL.

My very first car was a 1976 Plymouth Arrow that I got in 1982 - yellow and black - named Sting (after Bilbo's sword in the Lord of the Rings). I paid $1000 for that one, too.

My current car is a 2004 bright Red Mini Cooper named Pepper - he's Chili "Pepper" Red, and my Krav instructor was a short extremely fast man named Pepper who was really cute and fun. :+

We also have a GMC Envoy for longer trips, but DH drives it.

I got a 1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme in puke green when I got my liscense in 1999. It was my grandparents car and they passed it down to my sister who then passed it down to moi. It was free and I was happy!:+

I am currently driving a Hyundai Sonata.

My first car was a 1981 Ford Ranger pick up for about $500. Baby blue with big tires.

Now I drive a Mercedes sedan.

My first car was a 1972 Volkswagon Rabbit. I now drive a 1998 Tahoe that we purchased to cart our then 2 dogs and 2 cats around with us. We're down to 1 cat now but we're keeping the Tahoe until it dies.

Michele

I bought my mom's 89 toyota corolla for blue book value (3000) back when I was in college. I have owned nothing but corolla's since. We love 'em. We now have an 04 sport.

Live with sincerity, love with passion, and dance like you mean it.

Debbie

First vehicle of my own, 1997 Ford Pinto.

Now drive a Mercury Mountaineer and occasionally my DH's Jeep Cherokee.

My first car that I bought on my own was a used Ford Mustang.

Now I drive a VW Passat. I was going to trade it in this fall for a new car, but will forego car payments for college tuition payments.x(

My first car was a 1978 Chysler Starfire that I got when I turned 16 (1985). It was from my uncle who was getting a new car and the Starfire was not worth trading. It was a piece of junk (my friends called it the Kama Kazi mobile!), but it worked well enough for another two years until I went to college.

I now drive a Honda Odyssey and love it! (this is coming from the woman who said she would NEVER drive a minivan!)

Becky

The first two cars I drove were both handed down to me from my parents:
The first was a 1968? Chevrolet Belair (which I named "belch") that was still in my parents name and that I used the year I went to Vo-Tech.

The second was a Ford station wagon that I inherited from my father when he passed away. I used it for my last year in grad school.

My first car of my own was a 1988 Dodge Shadow that I bought used in 1990 and had for 14 years!

My current car is a 2005 Toyota Prius that I bought new. Wow, my first new car at 48!

My first car is my current car- a 2001 Toyota Echo in green. I got it just after college graduation. Excellent gas mileage, I'm happy to report...

cristina

My first car was a hand-me-down from my grandparents when I turned 16 in 1977, a 1973 Ford Grand Torino!!! Like some other posts said, it was free and I was happy.

I now drive a 2004 GMC Envoy XL and love it.

Oh wow, this topic sure does "speak to me"!!! I LOVE cars.

My first was a Ford Mustang 5.0 - vintage 1987
Then I had a 68' Chevy Camaro SS
Then a 71 Corvette Stingray
Then a 93 Mustang 5.0
Then a 97 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air

Then I married a guy who shares my car nuttiness . . .
We currently own 4 cars. We have a high "wheels to human" ratio!

Our cars now are a 1999 Jeep Wrangler, a 2003 Corvette Z06 (My Baby!), a 2004 BMW M3 and a 2005 Jeep Liberty. Yeah, I know, we have all our bases covered. But this is our only vice and I could think of worse things . . . :)

Add me to the list of people who drive minivans and said they never would!

My first car (in 1988) was a 1976 Dodge Colt that my parents bought for $300. I loved that little car!

Lori

My first car was an Old Sierra. My parents bought it when the first model came out for that year. I now drive a Grand Prix and an Aurora.
Susan C.M.

My first car was a 1972 Volkswagon Fastback and it drove like a blender in heat:+

I now drive a Chrysler Intrepid, it's got about 230 000 kilometres on it but never gone more than 5 000 without an oil change, she's long been paid for and is virtually maintenance free so I'll drive her into the ground but she's a long way from it.......

Take Care
Laurie:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.