What do you wear around the house?

Katie - I think it's something like Body Bleu? Shannon (SRP) can attest to the wonderfulness of them, since I got her some when she came to visit me last weekend.:) They come in a pack of two and they're always with the underwear and camis and stuff.

I think "sweats" are a lot different than they used to be - remember those nice cuffed sweatpants? Now some of them are really quite nice!

It's all about the sweats. You guys have me mourning the retirement of my 12 year old Northern Exposure "Chris in the Morning" sweatshirt which I wore through both of my pregnancies and then way, way, way too many times since. It had an oval shape design within an oval shaped ring and the fabric disintegrated so that I was afraid the inside oval would just fall out one day.

We have pajama (jammama) days which are self explanatory. Often I'll have jeans on with a t-shirt and sweatshirt when the weather is cold. Usually barefoot or in socks at home. Hate wearing shoes inside.

Can't do the commando thing and I usually wear a bra all day except for pajama days since the girls are creeping steadily southward and I want to keep them north as long as I can! ;)

Never shoes, and the jeans come right off! Socks, slippers, the most comfy sweats, (capri ones in summer), and a tshirt or sweatshirt. Comfort all the way baby. In fact, my son and I are still in our PJs!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

If I'm home, I'm cleaning. I wear sweats, t-shirts, socks, or slippers. If it's a comfy around the house clothing item, it usually has a bleach stain or two. Never shoes in the house, it just feels weird. Oh, and I wear a bra 24-7, always have. I like to keep 'em locked up and supported. I will not leave the house in my "house clothes". It freaks me out to see people in their pajamas at the grocery store;-) . Just the way momma raised me!

Sally

Pajama bottoms and whatever t shirt is clean and readily available. In the winter, a long sleeve t shirt. I have to admit, the minute I am through the door, the bra comes off. The girls need a break, you know what I mean? Oh, and on my feet, well, my whole calf, are Mukaluks ( sp?) They are knitted, soft, warm and snuggly and sold in either dance stores or "hippy" stores. They are big with dancers (they wear them to keep their legs warm in between classes) which I am around all the time, that's why I wear them. Seriously, they are dreamy. Definitely not glamorous though. Nope, not at all.

Boy do I hear you on the bra Vicki! That usually ends up hung around the banister on my way through the front door!

I wear whatever pajama pants and t-shirt I can find that is clean. It doesn't have to match! ;) The make-up also comes off right away and the hair gets pulled back. Poor DH only sees me looking nice when he is late for work and sees me before I leave!

p.s. I have to add that in my DH's side of the family, ALL of the women walk around looking like something out of Donna Reed. They are all dressed to the nine's with nylons, dress, pearls, etc... It's just the way they are. I was really intimidated by this for a while, but it doesn't bother me anymore. They totally do not expect me to be like that, so I am able to be myself and know they like me none-the-less. I'm still amazed at how I can get up at 5 a.m. to use the restroom though and my MIL is up and dressed for "church"!

Ouch, I don't know how you ladies can go without your bras. I know mine are killing me if I have to run downstairs in the middle of the night sans bra. Well, I'm definitely not running unless I put an arm under them first....

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=teal]***Lainie***

My fitness blog: http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html
7.gif

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- M

Lol, well there are certain times of the month when the girls need a little extra support, but for the most part they are happier when they are "free range" rather than caged. ;)

Some of us are more comfortable w/o bras than with. When you don't really need one the elastic just feels constricting & binding.

OK I have a confession--all of my sweats must match, right down to the undies (which are typically boxers or boy shorts). I most definitely cannot wear mismatched clothes, even if I'm lying on the couch by myself all day. What would the dogs think? :7

I wear pajama bottoms and a tank top with no bra and fuzzy slippers on my, usually sore and cold, dogs. :) Gotta love that.

I never wear sweats/workout clothes around the house. That makes me feel like a slob. When I quit my job to be a SAHM I decided I will always dress for the day, style my hair and wear a least a little makeup, even if I have nowhere to go. Today I am wearing jeans, long sleeve shirt and I always wear shoes. I never ever go without a bra, either. With a chest as big as mine, that would be obscene!

Lori

Love love love my velour pants and hoodie. I guess I'm lucky that my husband thinks I look sexy in these. Have to wear a bra and I usually pull my hair up in a bun and a natural look with my makeup. I also agree, if I don't get ready (at least somewhat) I feel like a slob and my mood is down.

I'm laughing at those TV folks right with you, Shelley. Are you kidding me? My shoes come off as soon as I get home, right in the hallway. I'm dressed for as long as it takes me to walk from the hallway to the bedroom.

New York apartments are pretty hot, so I usually just hang out in my underwear. If I put on clothes because there are guests in the house, I put on a t-shirt and a pair of Gap shorts which - get this - are TWENTY, yes, twenty, years old. They have an elastic waist and are soooo soft after all these years.

I live in sweats or shorts and tees if it's warm. No socks in the summer. Otherwise, yes as my feet are usually cold. I'm big on baseball hats, too. It's all about comfort. If I'm lounging at home, matching is optional. And oh yeah, gotta free the girls.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/wavesmile.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

I'm with Lainie and Rhonda (below). I don't do "lounge wear," at all, ever. I get dressed for the day, and I love clothes, adore clothes and jewellery and wear it all day until I go to bed, unless I am sick. I wear shoes/boots (with heels) or sandals all day, inside and out, never take them off except for bed or working out. That's just how it is. I hate slippers, hate sweat pants and grungy old tee shirts. The worst clothes I own are only ever worn when on back packing and hiking tours!

So, I guess, Lainie and I should be on TV!

Clare

Haha, this is too funny. I LOVE clothes,vintage especially. Shoes, handbags, etc...makeup, hats..my DH says I "costume myself!" This was when I worked in the office, now that we work from home, I still like to "dress" on most days. But what this means is usually a great pair of pants or jeans, boots or platforms with a cute tee shirt-you know those longer ones that tie around back, tunic style, lower cut in front? That is about it. But seriously, after I run around in that, I come home and slip on my "Juicy" sweats and hoodies. I love 'em, velour for colder months and the terry cloth for warmer months, add some flip flops or some Uggs and I am good to go. Somewhere, Timm Gunn just screamed in horror.:7 I "dress up" when we venture to the strip to catch a show or for dinner, but that is about it anymore.

I collect Victoria's Secret flannel pj's and the satin ones too. Love to take a hot bath at night with my peppermint tea, put on some great smelling body lotion and some of those pajama's. Oh and I got these great slippers-boiled wool with sheep on them, so cute and comfy.I love anything by Victoria's Secret "Pink" line too. Cute and comfy, and I do not care that I am 41, they still look cute on me;) I like to think my style could be described as "comfy cute" now.:)

edit: I use way too many exclamation points when I write, I had to fix that! Oops.

Shelley, I've been looking all over the internet and can't find those yoga pants. Can you check the brand name?

Nance - I'll buy you a package and mail 'em off. How does that sound? The ones I got Shannon had a black pair and (I think) a grey pair. I think they might have a navy/grey combo pack too. Let me know which ones you'd prefer and what size. I think they come in a small, or a m/l, which is what I got and they have a drawstring waist.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.