Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Downloads only?

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Waiting for more details?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not interested?

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
I bought one download, travel fit, and haven’t used it. Then I bought two more, and haven’t used them either. So for this sale, I bought the DVDs and found a DVD on the daily deal to add for free shipping. Very excited about a step series. I started with step, and still find it an excellent workout. Cathe does step like no other!

I always bought the dvd too. I am really struggling ordering anymore dvd's. I LOVE Cathe premixes in her older workouts. I was looking at Cathe's last few series, there wasn't one premix I couldn't do with just the downloads only. It just doesn't make sense to me to keep buying dvd's if I can do every premix with the downloads. I wished there was more info. I still have a few hours to decide.

I bought DVDs and downloads. I definitely still want DVDs...it's so nice to just put in a DVD and not have any weird technical glitches. And I do like the premixes and how easy they are to access. I like having the downloads as a backup and for traveling, although I don't usually do step workouts while traveling. But I looked at it this way: buying the downloads gave me free shipping, so it was as if I got the downloads at a discount since I would have had to pay shipping for the DVDs without them. Does that make sense? Or maybe I'm just rationalizing? Could be. ;):p:D

Jodi, I never had any technical glitches with the downloads. I never use the downloads when I travel. I usually use the gym in the hotel or go for long walks on the beach.

I ended up buying dvd's + downloads. Once I see clips and get more details on the premixes I will decide if I want the dvd's or just the downloads.

Last edited:
DVDs only. We got some downloads in the past but haven't used them since the initial novelty wore off. We don't have a computer near our workout area and I'm not inclined to connect a laptop or external harddrive up to the area either when it's easy to throw a DVD into the player.

I haven't ordered an dvd's or downloads since RWH. Since using On Demand, I like not having to keep track of dvd's. I still have the one's I ordered but I usually always use online over dvds or her live. Guess I'm the odd duck here!!!

I haven't ordered an dvd's or downloads since RWH. Since using On Demand, I like not having to keep track of dvd's. I still have the one's I ordered but I usually always use online over dvds or her live. Guess I'm the odd duck here!!!

I like the idea of On Demand and live too. You are not the only odd duck here!!

Last edited:
Belinda, I haven't had any technical glitches with the downloads themselves (except for the occasional problem downloading them in the first place, but that hasn't happened in a long time.) But I have had problems with the computer that I use to play them: sound issues, computer tries to update in the middle of a workout, etc. It's frustrating to have to mess around with it for 15 minutes before I can even start my workout. My DVD player just works, every time, with no fiddling around. (And I say that as someone who is very computer savvy and comfortable with technology...but sometimes it's just easier to go with what works!)

As for On Demand and Live, I love them too, but again, sometimes the computer gives me trouble so I have to use my phone and fiddle around with it. The main issue I have with it though is that once you stop buying the presales of new series, you have to keep subscribing for $20 per month or you won't have access to those workouts anymore. I like having something that I own and can pull out anytime whether I'm connected to the internet or not.

Jolie - I am technical challenge,lol. I did had a problem with one of the ICE downloads. Cathe technical team is amazing. He fixed it right away. I hear your frustration on the OnDemand/streaming. We live in a rural area we have a lot internet problem and our power goes out a lot. If my power goes out, I can't play a dvd's either, but I can play a workout on my computer. My computer is always fully charged, lol. Downloads work for me. I haven't bought a dvd in a very long time. I am also trying to downsize, not only workout dvd's. Eventually DH and I will move into a smaller house. DVD's take up space. I have a huge workout dvd collection, lol. Yeah, I am struggling adding more workout dvd's. It all depends on the premixes, if I continue to buy more dvd's. If I can do the same premix with just the downloads, why keep buying dvd's, JMO? It just doesn't make sense to me anymore. I store my downloads on a hard drive each series has it own folder. So easy to access. I hear you on streaming. I also like to own rather than renting. Sometimes its nice to do a month streaming here and there. Keeps things interesting and fresh! One of those day's I will sign up for Cathe Live. Hear nothing but good things about it.

Last edited:
This is my first time buying only downloads for a couple of reasons - I'm on a budget and I need to save space. I can connect my iPad to my tv easily so I don't anticipate any problems. It feels weird not ordering the DVDs but I hope it works because it could save me some money on future orders.

Can't decide if I want
  1. DVD's & downloads?
  2. Downloads only?
I heard if you ordered Downloads you don’t get the premixes and on some Cathe’s DVDs she has a section where you can have her voice or music only. For example, if you bought Party Rock’n’ Step there is an option on the DVD section where you can hear her voice or you can hear music. But, if you buy the download this section is unavailable. That is what I have heard. I have never bought a download.

I think the only good thing about the Download is you will have it forever, but it is the straight workout. There are no worry about scratches, or skips.

Now, the DVD, I have some of Cathe DVDs and I haven’t known them to have scratches or skips. I played my LoMax and Low Impact Step for years and it hasn’t happened to me.

Hope this has helped!! Jen Den

I heard if you ordered Downloads you don’t get the premixes and on some Cathe’s DVDs she has a section where you can have her voice or music only. For example, if you bought Party Rock’n’ Step there is an option on the DVD section where you can hear her voice or you can hear music. But, if you buy the download this section is unavailable. That is what I have heard. I have never bought a download.

I think the only good thing about the Download is you will have it forever, but it is the straight workout. There are no worry about scratches, or skips.

Now, the DVD, I have some of Cathe DVDs and I haven’t known them to have scratches or skips. I played my LoMax and Low Impact Step for years and it hasn’t happened to me.

Hope this has helped!! Jen Den

I am not new to Cathe's workouts. I been with Cathe for a very long time. I know you don't get the premixes with the downloads. I do own downloads and dvd's. After buying both for many years, I realized it's not hard mixing premixes from downloads. You get all the extra download files. For example:
STRONG BODY STACKED SETS: LOWER (FROM THE LITE SERIES)
Basic Premixes
  • Main Workout + Extended Stretch #1: Warm Up + Main Workout + Extended Stretch #1
  • Main Workout + 6 Pack Abs #1: Warm Up + Main Workout + 6 Pack Abs #1 + Stretch
  • Main Workout + 6 Pack Abs #1 + Extended Stretch #1: Warm Up + Main Workout + 6 Pack Abs #1 + Extended Stretch #1
  • Main Workout + Pyramid Pump Shoulders: Warm Up + Main Workout + Pyramid Pump Shoulders + Stretch
  • Main Workout + Pyramid Pump Shoulders + 6 Pack Abs #1: Warm Up + Main Workout + Pyramid Pump Shoulders + 6 Pack Abs #1 + Stretch
  • Main Workout + Pyramid Pump Shoulders + 6 Pack Abs #1 + Extended Stretch #1: Warm Up + Main Workout + Pyramid Pump Shoulders + 6 Pack Abs #1 + Extended Stretch #1
You get all the files with downloads, just play them back to back. Easy breezy :D Not difficult to do. I am not a technical person, but even I can stream them together, lol.

Same as the other premixes, just look them up in the user guide :)
Timesaver Premixes :
Timesaver #1 First Half Only: Warm Up + Rounds 1A + 1B + Stretch
(Warm up: 1A :Barbell Squat to Chapter 15 Round 1B - Side to Side Pivoting Squats + Stretch = 21 min.)
It's really easy to do premixes with downloads, IMO!

I am trying to get away from DVD's. Downloads work a lot better for me. 1. They don't take up a lot of space. 2. I can do everything and maybe more with downloads vs. a dvd. I can mix and match them with other downloads. The possibilities are endless. I don't have to schlepp around a dvd player. Downloads are environmentally friendly vs. dvd's. Downloads are easier to store than dvd's. I have a huge DVD collection, lol.

I been playing my own music with Cathe's workouts for a long time. I don't even use the Same as the dvd you can turn the music off with downloads (just put it on mute) and play your own music :) I been doing it this way for years.

My DH and I are downsizing. I am a minimalist owning both just doesn't make sense.

Hope this helps!

My question about the download. When it transitions into another part of the workout does it have a delay like it has Ondemand.

For example, you do thee warm up and then it transitions into combo 1. Does the download pause and go black for a second or does it automatically go into combo 1 like it would a dvd??

The problem I have Ondemand, if I do for example Step Moves and I am in Combo 1 and I am going into Combo 2 is that it goes black for a second. And the knee lift on the right is paused and Inhave to pause to catch up to Cathe. Does that do that on the download??
Thanks Jen Den!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.