What color hose w/a black suit?

Same here, go nude....with the hose that is

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
2 years ago that might've gotten me the job. Now it'd send 'em running for the nearest exit! :D

Yes Dianna, I'd have to move, but it's a fabulous, beautiful town where real estate prices are like half what they are where I live now. Seriously, it'd really change my life in so many ways. I'd say a prayer for myself but I'd probably get struck by lightening. :p

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
2 years ago that might've gotten me the job. Now it'd send 'em running for the nearest exit! :D

Yes Dianna, I'd have to move, but it's a fabulous, beautiful town where real estate prices are like half what they are where I live now. Seriously, it'd really change my life in so many ways. I'd say a prayer for myself but I'd probably get struck by lightening. :p

If you move you'd better take those switch plates with you :eek:;)

I lived in the South so long I still can't wear hose even up here in New England!

Luckily, I work in a pretty laid back office!

Tricia

"Distrust any enterprise that requires new clothes."
Henry David Thoreau

Just had to say that. ;) Good luck, though.

Wow Laura - good luck to you. I hope things work out for the best.

Sometimes I wish I had an opportunity to get outta "Dodge" and do something bold and new !

OK, one other question.........

As stupid & snobby as this might sound--pearls or diamonds? I know I know, this isn't my wedding or even my prom, but I'm so nervous & excited, I want everything to be perfect. I'm thinking pearls b/c they're so Jackie O & a bit more conservative......what do you guys think?

Syzgy, most municipal government jobs have laid back attire. But I would never interview anywhere in anything other than a suit & hose.

The interview's tomorrow (Tuesday) at 11. Thank goodness I'm reasonably caught up here--I want to spend as much time as I can studying the other town. :eek:

I agree with pearls also. You can't go wrong with pearls. I don't post on here much but just had to wish you good luck tomorrow, Laura! I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

Bev

I was just catching up on the board after a long break and wanted to send you a HUGE good luck wish!!! I hope this works out - you sound so happy and excited and it's only the interview - the job must really be something!

And at some point, you know you have to spill more details ;) I'll be waiting to hear how the interview goes.

As to the ensemble, pearls sound best - diamonds might be too much for an interview that sounds like it's on the conservative side. Remember that confidence and a smile are your best accessories...but I think you already have those, so you're all set!! :D

Good luck!!!!

LOL! Sorry Mama Deb, that'll never happen! :cool:

I would LOVE to tell you guys about the job--I'm bursting at the seams--but like I said I'm afraid I'll jinx it. Also, sadly, I work for local govmt & had shared which town some years ago, another forum member during one of our "heated discussions" threatened to out me to my employer. So I will keep it to myself, & if the 2nd interview happens I'll share it via PM.

In the meantime, I have to figure out how to eat over the next day without vomiting or crapping my pants. :p

So, um....HOW DID IT GO?!?!?! :D

(If you want to share, that is....) I was thinking about you yesterday and was hoping for good things!

I bet you looked great! :)

I HATE PANTYHOSE!

Whew. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Grace, you are so sweet to think of me!

It went well. There'll be a second interview for the final two candidates on 7/13, so I have to wait to find out whether I'm one of them. :)

I'm really conflicted over this. The job is in the middle of nowhere, which I thought I'd like but as I drove up there I kept having second thoughts. Right now I have everything at my fingertips. I don't know where I'd buy dog food, where I'd get my hair colored, or where I'd buy home improvement supplies. The closest HD is about 30 minutes away. And I REALLY REALLY love my house, it'll be very difficult for me to leave it. OTOH, I REALLY REALLY hate my job. I've done a pro & con list & right now it's about even. :confused:

After I left the interview I was less than a mile from town hall & a bear shambled across the street right in front of my car. A BEAR. :eek:

Hi Laura,

Wow, a bear you must have been in the middle of nowhere. You could have wildlife for neighbors if you move there:eek:. Maybe you'll get a sign in the next few weeks that will help you with your decision.

Laura - I am glad the first part is over. Did they give any indication when you would find out if you are one of the final two? Being in the middle of nowhere might be fun. You could find a really neat old farm house to fix up! Just plan your shopping well and do HD or Lowe's (I personally prefer HD for paint) in one big trip. However, as Robin said, take those expensive switch covers with you!!

Carrie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.