~*~We're In This Together~*~ (June-Sept)

Quick post to say I just finished SC. Thanks for putting that one in my ear Colleen. And that's for posting that link. I love barre workouts! B took the perfect length nap. Time for mama to workout and shower.

I had a post written up yesterday and forgot to save it, so of course it disappeared into the internet black hole :mad:.

My w/o yesterday was BB Lucky 7 + BBW from the Rock Bottom Rotation. So I have a bit of a grip about Lucky 7 -- it's TOO FAST :mad:. Keep in mind, I'm not mrs.turtle over here :rolleyes:. I was at least 1-2 rounds behind those guys :confused:. How they manage to go at those speeds while keeping good form is a mystery to me. So what I did was 1) mute the w/o. 2)put on some kick butt music from Sonza. 3)counted my own rounds/reps. It turned out to be a fabulous sweaty total body circuit w/o :eek:. LOVE the concept of it -- very effective and original! The BBW was great too :eek:. I was able to do 1min of walking lunges with my 25lbs without my forearms or grip failing...which means they have gotten stronger! And the 2min of firewalker's with the blue band nearly killed me. You guys should do this add-on :eek:.

BTW, would you guys mind if I add Nancy & Justina from my old STS check-in over here? You would seriously love them! Nancy is totally hardcore -- I could not keep up with that woman even if I tried! Justina is the sweetest woman. She has three kids, a full-time job, doing BB right now. I admire both of them :).

Sarah
:(:( about your b-day disappointment. I felt the same way on Mother's Day :(:mad:. Hopefully your family makes it up to you this w/e because I'm sure they appreciate how wonderful you are.

Marie
You know me, I love the dancey stuff too. You should check out Jessica Smith! She has TONS of dancey-type workouts free on youtube!
I'm missing my barre these days :(. Let me know how you like the w/o :).

Colleen
TA = YUCK :confused:. Reading those links made me damn right sick. I would love nothing more than to use my "manly" strength :D, pick her up over my head, and body slam her :D:p.
Yup, Supercuts is pretty awesome :eek:. I'm glad you have found the appreciation for it.
Happy to hear you liked the new Zuzana w/o's! Is it a combo of cardio + strength? Does she use heavier weights?

Have a great day everyone :)

Last edited:
Natty- LMAO! :eek: :p I totally envisioned you body slamming TA like a WWF wrestler. LOL, LOVE it! Holy moley- you did walking lunges with 25 lb dumbells? I'm not worthy! :eek:
I would totally love to have Nancy and Justina check in with us! :D Awesome!

I just got the kids on the bus and now I have to kick Mark out of the bedroom so I can do Rapid Fire Results 2 (Susan Chung) using my sweet new weighted gloves. He's been feeling ill this whole week and stayed home from work every day, even had to go to the doctor on Tuesday. He's been on antibiotics and is feeling better now, though. Still...I have had to kick him out of bed at 8:00 am every morning so I could work out. :eek: The first day he whined and complained, but I'm like "just go lay down on the couch, it's 30 feet away from the bedroom" :rolleyes: In my defense, I've been babying him in all other respects this week. :cool: hehe

TTYL!

Hello Ladies of the "Together" Check-In!!!!
Thanks for allowing our little check-in to merge with yours!!!:D
Right now, I am in the last week of the XTRAIN 30-Day Cardio/Strength Rotation and am really loving all that cardio! I feel a lot leaner, especially in the "waist to knee" region (hurray!). I've been toying with the idea of extending this out a little longer and eventually modifying it into my own rotation. I've had some really tough rotations in the past, but have had to baby my foot (due to heel pain) since last July. I think I got too involved with the extreme premixes for Crossfire and TTM....too much high impact :(! But, I will press on!
Last night I did Xtrain Legs and Rear Shoulders. I increased the weights on the plie wall squats and the single leg deadlifts from Cathe's 10# up to 12#...but there was NO WAY I was upping it on the shin shavers!!!! Owie! Tonight is Hard Strikes Premix 3 which includes the boxing conditioning, Burn Sets Tris, and Core#1. I'll substitute All Out Low Impact HiiT for the cardio portion to be nice to my foot (for some reason the cardio on HS REALLY aggrevates it??:confused:). It makes for a long workout (to me), but it's worth it!

I'll try to get a feel for everyone on this check-in and will do my best to keep up with you all! Natasha is very generous when she called me "hard core"....you guys seem to be taming the Beast with the greatest of ease! Grip 'em and rip 'em!!!!

I have DOMS today due to BB legs. I lifted as heavy as I could and it probably took me about 20 minuted longer just so I could slow down the reps and made sure I did it with good form and to catch my breathe. Today I have already taken a walk and I should be doing BB shoulder as well.

It's nice to have new check--in peps. I have seen your name around the forums a ton Nancy.

Nat - Love the dream sequence of you body slamming TA.

Colleen- sorry hubby is under thee weather. It's to bad but hopefully it will be the last of the sickness till fall/winter. I am waiting to hear about your new gloves.

Marie - have a great weekend with your boys. I have d that dressing before it

was good.

Sarah

Update on this morning's workout...as much as I love the moves in that one, I'm realizing the impact is tough on me for whatever reason. :( I've been feeling my left ankle/heel and knees today and I even had to ice them after I was done. Phooey! :( The gloves were nice, they fit well with a good balance of the weight, however I wish I had ordered 1lb weights instead of the 1.5lb...they felt really heavy for this workout. Susan does have some REALLY fast punching combos though. I think they will work okay for workouts with more deliberate, slow punches rather than flurries.

The Zuzuka Strength workouts...well I've only done the one but I really liked it! :D It is definitely a metabolic workout though and not a "strength" one per se. The moves use the weights to up the cardio factor with some bonus light strengthening. I love these workouts for finishers/add-on's. It was perfect after the shortish KBKB workout yesterday! :D

Nancy- WELCOME to our group! :D I'm definitely a cardio junkie, too :p. I love strength training as well, but I definitely am addicted to the endorphins of Cathe cardio. :eek: I could totally be happy just doing Crossfire and To the Max just about every day if my body would allow it! Like you, though, I have to temper the high impact or else my left ankle/heel and knees get mad at me. It's funny because certain high impact moves bother me more than others. I actually had to trade Hard Strikes because I just couldn't get over all the jumping jacks (ouchie to the knees)! I know I could have modified or done them on my rebounder but I just couldn't bring myself to do that workout after the second try. I'm looking forward to getting to know you on the check in!!!

Waving hi to Sarah, Marie, Natty, Jen and Justina if you're out there! :)

Hi everyone :)

My w/o yesterday was a Jessica Smith 35min walk/jog intervals. I really liked this one because she does it with her mom!
How cute :). Speaking of jogging -- it's HARD! I can do plyo no problem, but jogging is a different animal :eek:. I'm definitely humbled by anyone who runs :).

My entire body is DOMS'ing from my Lucky 7 + BBW the other day :eek:.

Nancy
Glad you came over :). Justina is making her way over here too.
WTG with upping your weight #'s :eek:. I agree about the shin shavers! They are super killer.

Colleen
Sorry to hear about Mark being sick. Mine is a total sucky baby when he's sick :rolleyes:.
I'm sorry to hear about your left ankle/knee :(. My right knee was bothering my yesterday, and then I realized that I'm ovulating so my knee's are super sensitive if I do high impact.

Sarah
I absolutely LOVE BB's shoulder routines! 1 month into the program and I saw that my shoulder's were getting rounder :eek:. Wait until you do the Tempo w/o's! I think those are my absolute fav of the bunch :eek:.

Gotta make this short! Very busy day ahead :cool:. Have a wonderful Friday ladies!

Hello Friends,
It's been too long but I confess to lurking the last few weeks. My workouts have been mainly walking. This week, praise God, I had three interviews and a possible one next week. A major carrier HR kept dropping my application until I get an inside email address then bam, my application gets moved forward.
Last night, I went to a reunion party for my alma mater in a southern city of the metroplex. Lots of fine Texas men there. Well, I connected with one. His best friend was trying to get us together. He's a bit younger than me.
Also, this week, I fit into a jean skirt from almost 10 years ago so I wore it last night, to another network event the night before and Sunday.
Been a support for one of my brother's friends who lives near me since she is going thru a divorce although she is a tough women. She moved up here from Houston married so doesn't really know many people.
Not sure when I will post again but I likely will be reading you all's posts. Lots on my mind as usual.
Hope you all are doing well. Life is full of obstacles so don't let anyone or anything steal your joy!

Hi to all fit ladies of this check in!

Thanks for letting us join you. I'm excited to meet each of you. It's 11 pm and I just finished the Beast Total Body work out. :D I really enjoyed this one! It has a good variety.

Hi Natasha, Nancy, hope all is well with you. I'm heading to Boston on Sunday. While I'm away from home I plan to do my own work out in the hotel room; push ups, Russian Twists, whatever I can do without equipment. :) I'm not a runner. Any time I try I feel like my knees are going to give out. My dog gets more use out of my treadmill than I do.

As I'm writing this I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open; been up since 6:30 this morning!

Have a good weekend ladies! :D

Just a question to get to know all you ladies here; what are your fitness goals at this point in your life?

Justina

Morning ladies!

Checking in quick before I have to get in the shower and get ready for work.

Yesterday was my day off so as usual I was so busy I couldn't get on the computer! :eek: I did manage to get my workout in. I did Body Beast Cardio + 10 rounds of AOS Providence . I liked BB cardio quite a lot. I will confess to not going full steam with it, which is often the case when I do a first run through of any dvd. I find myself holding back a little until I get more familiar with it, and then once I know the moves coming I really put my all into it. AOS Providence is a great kettlebell workout (also my first time through with this one). I got it in a trade months ago and finally got around to checking it out.

After, I sort of previewed a few discs: first BB Lucky Number 7 (not sure if I'm going to like that one unfortunately, for some reason none of the exercises appealed to me that much), then I previewed a little of Jillian's Body Revolution which I just got in a trade. :D I was determined not to spend that kind of money on JMBR, but I was curious about the workouts since they got good reviews on VF. I scored this week with a trade! Woot! They look like they will be good 30 minute workouts when I'm tight on time. :)

Then I had to go grocery shopping and later our two nephews from Arizona came to stay over this weekend. :) We haven't seen them in 3 years! :eek: It can be tough when family moves away. Kids grow up SO fast!
My sister and BIL also came over last night to partake in the BEST Shish-kabob's EVAH! :eek: Skewers with steak, chicken and shrimp + all kinds of veggies (mushrooms, red onion, red/yellow pepper, cherry tomato, zucchini and baby red potatoes). The baste I found on the internet was to die for! For those interested...the recipe:

1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used canola but olive oil would be good, too)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon prepared mustard (I used honey Dijon)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
-whisk ingredients together
I doubled the recipe and marinated the meat for 30 min, reserving half for basting while on the grill. YUMMY! :eek:

Justina- WELCOME! :D I'm so happy to have you and Nancy checking in with us! Good luck in Boston. Are you going there for work? Kudos for working out in the hotel...I always find I slack off when I'm away from home, even when a fitness room is made available for me. :eek: I'm with you on the no running thing...I HATE running! Actually, I would probably like it if my knees and ankles wouldn't scream every time I tried. In fact, even in high school it hurt my body to run. My body just ain't built for it. ;)

As far as fitness goals, it's actually funny because this level of fitness is relatively new for me. I flirted with working out on and off since high school. Back then it was mostly step aerobics or kickboxing and it never occurred to me to pick up a weight. :eek: I got serious when I turned 37 (I'm 40 now, turning 41 in October!). I started out slow, never expecting much, and I just kept pressing on and on, challenging my fitness level in ways I had never dreamed of when I was younger! Then I discovered the power of resistance training and it was like a revelation. :eek: I had always heard of Cathe, but was too scared to try her and then I finally took the plunge (early 2011 I believe?). My goals these days are to keep seeing how far I can take this little fitness experiment of mine. I'm stronger and more fit now than I've ever been! I mostly like to cross train, though. I'm rotationally challenged so I like to dabble in lots of different things, which makes working toward a goal (like getting stronger with heavy lifting) challenging. My goals have never really been aesthetically based, although I was pleasantly surprised by the aesthetic changes to my body once I got serious with all this stuff. :)

Jen- So happy to hear from you!! Don't worry about checking in, although the selfish part of me would love to hear from you more. :D Good luck with the interviews! I had to chuckle as I can already hear the south rubbing off on you with the "you all's"...pretty soon it'll be "y'all". ;) LOL :p

Natty- I keep forgetting to tell you, if you like Jessica Smith you should check out her Cardio Abs DVD. I got that one awhile back and it's really good! She really is a super sweetie. Re: my knees and ankles, thankfully they felt better yesterday...close one! I'm going to have to save that Susan Chung workout for weeks when I haven't done ANY other high impact I think!

Whew! This post got long! :eek: Gotta run! Waving hi to Sarah, Nancy and Marie!! TTYL girls!

I got so busy yesterday with the garage sale and taking the kids to portland to spend the weekend with Stanley (family friend and treehouse guy). I didn't even have time to WO. But today I managed to get up and do BB cardio. My hip is really bothering me right now. I'm not sure what thats about??

Jen - It is good to hear from you. Lurk or whatever it's all good. I know sometimes I just don't feel like writting but I will read everyday.

Justina - Glad to have some new people for our check-in.i have been exercising for about 10 years with Cathe mostly. I love it. I love to eat also. These are my two favorite things in life. I don't do one because of the other though. I am a SAHM to 3 kids in Washington State. Fitness goals are really nothing specific, although I love my muscles. So right now I am doing BB. What is different is I am not knocking myself out over cardio anymore. We will see what happens?? So funny I just sold my TM but I used to use it for the dog when she was young. Now she is 8 and loves walks but would completely hate using the TM just like I was. I do take her on walks about 5 times a week.

Nat - I do love working my shoulders also. I didn't do Tempo yet. But I did see on the rotation that it was an option so next week I think I will do these rather than the build.

Colleen - Your kabobs sound delicious! You have been scoring a lot in trade.Have a fun weekend with your nephews.

Hi Marie ! Haven't.How' s the little man?

Sarah

Hello everyone :)

My w/o yesterday was a 3 mile walk + BB Lucky 7. I really enjoy that w/o! It's only 22min, but man I'm sweating like crazy at the end. It works the entire body very well, especially shoulder's. I also did 2 rounds of Nia's Deload Circuit (recommended for recovery weeks - she calls them Deload weeks). It has: 10 goblet squats, 10 push-ups, 10 KB swings, 10 inverted row, 30 sec plank. It was AWESOME :eek:.

Today I have my cousin's daughter's Baptism. Looking forward to all the yummy food :p.

At Walmart yesterday, I came across Mark Wahlberg's new line of protein called Marked. I read somewhere that it was really tasty. The price was right, so I caved :D. The best chocolate protein powder I have ever had! It tasted like a delicious chocolate milkshake :p.

Sarah
How is your hip feeling?
Did the garage sale go well?

Colleen
Thanks so much for the recipe! I love me some grilled kabobs :p.
Thanks for the heads-up about the cardio abs. Man, I have so much cardio in my collection, so I think I'll pass :D.
Enjoy JM Body Rev! I have been kinda turned off since going to her speaking. I think she lost a fan in me :(. But I will admit that her w/o's are very effective :eek:.

Jen
I always look forward to reading your posts :). Please post whenever you can, but of course no pressure to do so ;).
Fingers crossed that your interviews went well and that you are employed again. Please keep me updated :).

Justina
I hope your trip to Boston goes well. Will it be all work and no play, or are you able to do a little shopping? ;)
I can't wait to try BB Total Body! It does look like a goodie :eek:

Gotta scoot! Hope you all have had a nice w/e :cool:

Hello "Together" Friends!
Right now I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to go hiking today. I LOVE hiking, especially at this awesome State Park about an hour away, but I worry about my foot and my DH has been having some aches and pains from running. I hate to waste time in the car if were're only going to manage an hour of hiking! We've been close to going for a few weeks in a row but weather and injury keep us away!:( Right now, I'm leaning more toward going....we'll see ;)!

Friday night was a rare unscheduled rest night as work and life got in the way, so yesterday I did Friday's Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast & Burn Sets Bis. I modified the box jumps and still managed to wipe myself out! Today I'll be either hiking or doing All Out Low Impact HiiT and Burn Sets Shoulders.

My Theracane arrived on Thursday and I think it is going to be an awesome little toy to add to my toy-box! I haven't read the manual yet, but I did copy one of upper back positions and had a HUGE ahhhhhhhh moment! Way better than laying on a tennis ball for trigger point relief. I hope to find the trigger point for my heel issue and give it hell!!!!:p

Justina, I hope you packed a resistance band and sliding discs for your trip...I never leave home without them!
Natasha, we all know the real reason you bought Mark Wahlberg's protein powder ;):p!
Sarah & Colleen, thanks for welcoming Justina and I into the check in! I must say that you "Beastettes" are inspiring! I've been doing "video" exercising for about 31 years and found the guts to do Cathe in 2010. My first Cathe DVDs were HiiT and Travel Fit. I immediately ordered her "no-name" series and was hooked. I have donated all my other DVDs (Firm, Tracie Long) to the library, so my only workouts are Cathe's. I think my biggest fitness accomplishment was a month long hiking vacation through several national parks, culminating in hiking up Pikes Peak and getting married :eek: (check out the pics in my album!)! Cathe helped me reach my cardio and strength goals for challenge! Love her for that!;)

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday and gears up for the workout week ahead! Just got the nod from DH: THE HIKE IS ON!!!!

Well, if you guys saw my thread on OD raving about Butts and Guts you will know what I did for my workout today! :eek:

Butts and Guts: Leg Blast premix...what a gem! It is seriously like I just discovered a whole new leg workout :D. I'm so stoked! I used my weighted vest with 12lbs in it for the whole thing, plus the dumbells that Cathe used. My legs were like jelly when I was done. I totally planned on doing hip thrusts afterwards but there was no way that was happening. LOL

After that, I'm not sure I told you guys about Mark's Grandpa? He passed away Friday night so we had to go to the wake today and the funeral will be tomorrow. It was anticipated for quite awhile...he appeared to be literally hanging on until his birthday so he could turn 87. A half an hour after midnight on his birthday, he passed. Mark wasn't super close to him and we didn't seem him more than once or twice a year, but of course it's still sad. He was a nice guy. This was also the first time we took the kids to a wake. They had it open casket, which I'm always a little uncomfortable with that. All in all, it went okay. We're not taking them to the funeral tomorrow, though.

It was sure nice having our nephews up this weekend. We really miss them living in Arizona. :(

Natty- I hear ya on not being the biggest fan of Jillian these days. That's partly why I didn't want to spend the money on the set. ;) I'm so glad I got to check out the workouts by trading though. That is just the best feature of VF. :eek:
Did you end up getting a heavier kettlebell for Nia's program? I just LOVE doing Goblet squats with mine. There is this move in AOS Providence as well as Lauren Brooks' workout where they do a high pull/catch and goblet squat. I love doing that one with my 25lb bell. :eek: I feel that one the next day in my biceps, glutes and hammies big time!

Nancy- The Hiit dvd and Cardio Core Circuit were my first two Cathe dvds! :eek: I believe the Hiit dvd was one of Natty's first ones, too. :D I discovered Travel Fit about a year later and to this day I love using some of those shoulder band exercises...I'll often do them at work in my office with a band I keep in my desk drawer. My staff always knows when I close the door to my office and they hear a little click that the crazy optometrist is in there exercising again! LOL :eek:

OMG, I LOVED your pics in your album! That is so cool you guys got married on Pike's Peak. I love it! My husband and I got married on Smather's beach in Key West. It was a blast. :) I hope you guys had fun on your hike today!

Sarah- Guess what? We used that same basting sauce recipe on our hamburgers last night! YUMMMY! :eek: Mark brushed the sauce over the hamburgers while they were grilling and it was so amazing. My nephews said it was the best burgers they had ever had! :D

How's your hip feeling today?

Waving HI to Marie, Justina and Jen. TTYL girls!

Colleen - Sorry about Mark's Grandpa : ( I am going to try the marinade it sounds good. Not to dissimilar to a marinade I use occasionally. I haven't used a marinade for awhile though, because of the prep. I've been more into the last minute rubs. I love butts and gutts, it's a fav. Do you have csots DOMS?

Nat and Collen - I just was listening to Howard stern a couple of weeks ago and mark was on talking about his new line of supplements. My hip still has soreness. What's funny is it doesn't bother me when I walk. It bothers me when I stop and start. Garage sale was good $500. We usually use this for our camping funds for summer, or garden, or chickens.

Nat - how are you liking the bulk phase? Seeing changes? I am on the last week of the build phase and will end up doing the tempo WO, I think. How was the food at the Baptism, do tell : )

Nancy - I loved your pictures. I love hiking. Prior to kids, my husband and I would hike every weekend. But life got in the way and now just a few times a year is about all we get around to doing. There is always life after kiddos. I have seen a cougar on a hike as well as a black bear both here in WA. When I did hiking in Yellowstone and Glacier I didn't see a whole lot other than the typical buffalo, elk, mountain goats, and Deer.

Yesterday I had a lazy day. I intended on walking and doing BB but then I waited to long and the in laws came over. Then t hey locked their keys in the car. Then I had to go pick up the kids down in Portland. Today I took a 3 1/2 wAlk after a very tough morning with the kids. I also walked on Sat night thinking it would help my hip. It did I think. Today I will do BB tempo chest.

Hi Marie and Justina.

Sarah

Hello everyone :)

I had my cousin's daughter baptism yesterday, but I managed to squeeze in a goodie that I have not done in a long time - Circuit Blast! There are a lot of hard moves in that one that I used to either modify or not do as many reps as Cathe. One was the high plank (one arm, one leg extended) down into a push-up. I DID THEM ALL! I also did every singe rep that Cathe did, at the same tempo (jump over the step into a push-up anyone? :eek:), used all the same weights too. Body Beast has definitely made me stronger. I especially notice a difference in my UB strength & core.

Today I'm back to my official BB rotation w/ Build Chest & Tri's. Friggin' love that workout :eek:. I have really come to appreciate and adore all the workouts in this program.

Colleen
I'm sorry to hear about Mark's grandpa. My condolences :(.
You know what, when I did B&G for the first time, that was the premix I did!
No, I did not end up getting a heavier KB :(. They are so darn costly! It is on my list of fitness goodies to get very soon though ;).

Nancy
Yup, you are right. I AM a sucker for muscles :eek:;).
How was the Theracane?
I hope your foot was ok from the hiking :).
Can you believe that the cold spell killed my little flowers? :(. How are your veggies holding up?

Sarah
Just came back to respond to you cuz' we posted at the same time :p.
The food was HORRIBLE. Enough said.
I honestly loved the Bulk Phase. I'm not a fan of taking self pics, but I did take one about 2 weeks ago, just to monitor my progress. I put the pic on my profile page if you want to take a look. I can see a definite change in my arms/shoulder's/back, from 2 years ago. Slow & steady wins the race :).
I'm sorry to hear about your hip. I wonder what happened.
Great job on the walking! You have been getting some very nice miles in :).

Last edited:
Finally the sun is out :cool:!!!! We got so much rain from Tropical Storm Andrea! She came right at us after messing with Florida! While my veggies seemed to love it and grow in a way that I wish my upper body would :p;), the grayness really seemed to sap everyone around me! Today is beautiful and sunny and inspiring!

The hike on Sunday was SO overdue! We were out for about 3 hours, which seemed enough for the first time out since October. My foot held up well during the hike, but screamed at me all evening long to let me know that I'm not out of the woods yet (pun intended :D)! So, yesterday I laid low and took a rest day and used some of the self massage techniques from the book I just bought, "The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook" by Claire Davies. According to the book, my problem really isn't PF! It's trigger points in my soleus muscle. Probably brought on by that crazy rotation I did with STS and CF, TTM, ect. I evidently did too much too soon and didn't work the kinks out of my calves enough :confused:. Well watch out soleus!!! I am on to you now ;)!

I still haven't figured out my next rotation, so I need to spend some time this afternoon and get it together!

Sarah, I would have loved to have seen a cougar while hiking (I love cats!)! I made my poor DH buy bear spray and we never saw a bear in the entire month we hiked! We saw lots of pika, marmots, and other assorted critters, and some elk and bighorn sheep, too. But no carnivores. I know my husband was hoping to a grizzly or Big Foot or something :rolleyes:! Now we just have the bear spray on hand for home defense!

Colleen, I saw your post about Butts & Guts! I will HAVE to do that one this week! I just love that about Cathe's DVDs...that you can always discover a new workout by exploring the premixes! Natasha is REALLY good at mixing and matching them! She comes up with some very challenging upper body mixes.

Justina, how's the weather up there in Boston? Did they get the remnants of Andrea? Are you able to do your push-ups, etc???

Natasha, I just took at look at your progress photo and am still in the process of picking my jaw up off the floor! WELL DONE!!!!!:eek: You are kicking it, girl!!!! I am so impressed and proud of you! Obviously, your hair is the cherry on the cake of the "new you" ;)!

Well ladies, I am going to eat my yummy salad and try to figure out where to go from here with my rotation....have an energetic day!!!

Today's workout was Bob Harper's Total Body Transformation. I'm sorta mad at Bob these days due to the "Skinny Rules" crapola, but I got this workout in a trade a few months ago and have been meaning to try it since it's gotten lots of good reviews. I really enjoyed the workout a lot! There were some good and bad things to point out specifically though (in case you guys were curious about this one)

The Good: It was tough! I felt fantastic and thoroughly worked out at the end. It was a great sweaty, metabolic type workout with great moves. Although I couldn't call this one low impact, the impact was pretty minimal and what was there I easily translated to the rebounder (running in place and jumping jacks). I even used my kettlebells for the first section (alternated between 15 and 20lbs). Any chance I can get to do swing like moves I'm a happy gal! :eek:

The Bad: Now, I'm not a prude...but is it really necessary to curse in a fitness video? He kept saying a$$ and damn and I was like "really? I've got kids that like to wander into my workout room from time to time...not cool" :mad: Also, he was a total macho, mean jerk to the guy in the back who kept acting all tired out. Then on top of it, he kept going on and on about "this is the hardest workout ever" in this total macho, annoying way. I'm like: "No, it's not Bob. It's a great and tough workout, but quit saying that." :cool:

So long story short...Workout: GREAT, Bob: DOUCHE. ;)

The funeral went well. It was a Catholic funeral so it was quite long. Thank goodness we didn't bring the kids! :eek: No way they could have sat through that. It was nice for Mark to see some family.

Natty- You look fantastic! :eek: Love the arm definition and man Sarah is right...your waist is TINY! :eek: Cute hair cut, too! :D
You have me wanting to do Circuit Blast now...I haven't done that one in probably a year!

Sarah- I had DOMS yesterday and today from that B&G premix! :eek: Not CSOTS DOMS but pretty sore. ;) I felt it quite a bit in my quads, which is a good thing since I feel like I've been neglecting them lately due to my focus on my hammies and glutes. I used to be quad dominant, but now I feel like I need to give them at least a little more love than I have been as of late. I sure hope your hip is feeling better. I wonder what it is? Have you tried stretching with yoga like hip openers? (ETA: after writing my stuff to Nancie it occurred to me...maybe pigeon pose would help?)

Nancy- We have sun today finally, too! Of course, now I'm locked away in my office. :rolleyes: I go through phases where I am being SO good about stretching and incorporating yoga, and then I'll slack off and I can totally feel my muscles seizing up and tightening. Whenever I feel pain in my ankle and heel it helps a ton to stretch my calves and when I'm feeling pain in my hips, hamstrings and low back then pigeon pose helps a lot. Once I figured that out, you'd think I'd be totally faithful and never neglect stretching again. :eek:

Waving HI to Marie, Jen and Justina! Happy Belated Birthday to you Marie! :D

Yesterday was BB Tempo chest and tri's. The counting really fouled me up : ( but all in all it was a good WO. Slight DOMS today. I am noticing definition in my triceps which I have never had before. I also took a second walk with the hubby yesterday evening. Today I am not on my A game. I have a headache. I did manage to do BB legs. I know I have said this every week, but that one kills me. It's just not getting easier, and every week I think about going down in weights. The hunger has also struck. I am so hungry all the time, and nothing is satisfying me. Oh well. I am going to the store today so hopefully I can make something like turkey chili that will be more satisfying.

Colleen - I think you hit the nail on the head. I haven't been doing hardly any stretching since I started BB. Partly because I've been super busy, partly because I lent my mom yoga relax, which really is one of my favorite relaxing stretch DVDs . Thanks for the info on bob's DVD.

Nancy - I was by myself with the black bear so was a little scared. But I was with my hubby for the cougar and we were really young like 20 and were both so shocked and surprised and weren't expecting it at all. My actually though it was a dog at first, LOL. I know it sounds silly.

Hello everyone else.

Sarah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.