~*~We're In This Together~*~ (June-Sept)

Morning girls!

Busy weekend again! Saturday was Lydia's dance recital. I have to say, I don't seem to have that "dance mom" gene. I am like a fish out of water with these things. I can't do her hair to save my life, so I had my sister (who is a hair dresser) do it. I messed up the straps on her ballet outfit and was desperately trying to make do with pins, yet the darn thing unraveled and had foily bits hanging out. Then, for some mysterious reason they decided to have the recital in this neighboring town that was having their "June Dairy Days" parade at the same time as the dress rehearsal! I couldn't get to the place the normal way as I was blocked by the parade and since I'm unfamiliar with the town (and Mark wasn't with but was going to meet me there) I got lost driving for a solid hour. :eek: :eek: She missed the dress rehearsal and I was an utter stressed out mess by the time we finally got there. Poor Lydia! Yet she still did a marvelous job despite her mom being a wreck! :eek: :rolleyes:

Let's see...workouts: Saturday morning I managed to get Crossfire in before the fiasco that was the recital. ;) Then Sunday I did Tabatacise w/u + tabata one then Body Beast Build Legs. I went as heavy as possible this time (although unfortunately I may have gone TOO heavy as my form suffered a few times!). I have some DOMS today, but not horrible.

I also sort of previewed and did a few exercises on the Shoulder disc. However, after wearing my HEAVY vest (I had it at 27 lbs! :eek:), I quickly realized there was no way I was going to be able to do shoulders after Beast legs. I hate to admit this, but I also suddenly felt dread for heavy split weight training. I thought about it a lot this morning, and I think I may just step back and take a few weeks for doing whatever I feel like. I had this problem when I did STS, too. After the first month (and I've been doing less cardio/more heavy lifting this last month) I got antsy and missed my circuit and kettlebell dvds a lot. I think I'll take 2 weeks to get this out of my system, then revisit the heavy lifting. I have to be excited for it or it just won't happen, you know? :cool:

So sorry for the lack of personals...I gotta get going though! I'll BBL for personals if time allows today!

Yesterday I took Bella to get her hair cut. The lady did not cut her bangs well :confused:. I'm a dummy, I should have said something, I just didn't notice until it was dried and too late to fix :mad:. She also put these ugly pony tails on the top, and side of her head. She looked like Princess Leia from friggin' Star Wars for pete's sake! As soon as we got in the car, I undid the tails :D. She still looks like a cutie though :).

My w/o yesterday was Bulk Shoulder's. I increased my weight for almost all the exercises! My shoulder's be gettin' strong, boy :eek::D.

So I have been feeling a lot of DOMS this past week. My upper back and last are especially sore. I have decided that this week, I am sort of taking an active recovery week. I will walk my daily miles as usual, but as far as w/o's, I will be doing only 3: BB Lucky 7 circuit w/o (tues & sat), BB Total Body w/o (thurs). I feel as though my body needs a little break from the high volume training.

Colleen
If it makes you feel any better, I KNOW I won't ever be a good dance recital mommy (what defines a "good dance mom" anyway? I'm sure you are doing a fabulous job). I just don't have that girly stuff in me to make sure Bella's hair is all cute and done up nicely. That's why I'm hoping she decides to get into sports instead :D. I'm sorry you were so stressed out :(. I'm happy to hear Lydia did a great job though!
If you are dreaded the split weight-work, don't do it! At the end of the day, we gotta do exercises we love and look forward to. I know for me, I LOVE weight training, especially heavy splits. And in all honestly, I was dreading cardio more and more to the point where it felt like torture to me. Perhaps that's why I'm embracing BB and putting all my heart into it -- it could not have come at such a better time.
Do what's best FOR YOU :).

Off to take an indoor 4 mile walk! Have a great day guys!

Last edited:
Quick check-in. I did bb biceps and back today, 2 1/2 walk, and Ab ripper X.

Hopefully I will have time to post later. I have to get to the grocery store, I haven't been for over a week. No apples, bread, yogurt, no fruit. Nothing : (

Sarah

TB Express today while B napped. He woke up with about 10 minutes left and just crawled around while I was working out. Such a good boy :) We also went for 2 walks today, one during a playdate with a friend.

Once it's complete I'll have to post pics of my updated workout space. Tony is making it so nice for me. He painted 2 quotes on the wall and put a big rug over my mats. Before it was 2 smaller ones which always slipped around. He also hung a tapestry behind the TV so I don't have to look at the washer/dryer.

"You stand in your own light. Make it shine."

"I'm never more than one workout away from a good mood."

Colleen- I'm with you on the dance mom thing. I can't even do my own hair lol. Makeup nope! It's been the same since I was in high school....powder, mascara, chapstick and eyeliner on a special day. Fixing costumes...oh my never! I was always in dance as a little girl and I loved it. That being I hope I have a little girl some day to have in dance. I told Tony I was going to put B in dance and he didn't seem too amused.

Natty- Oh my goodness. Great description of Bella's hairdo! Yikes! What was the hair dresser thinking. I know she was cute nonetheless though :) She is such a precious little doll!

Sarah- Great job on the workout! Reminds me I should bust out Ab Ripper X. It's been awhile.

Hope ya got everything you need at the grocery. I should go tonight too. Must get eggs. I eat them every morning and was out today so I had oatmeal with half an apple chopped up and cinnamon. Yum!

Had to check out our last thread......

Natty- Oh silly Bella. Daddy is her number one best! That is too cute!

Colleen- I have her mat workout. I love it! All floorwork. Bet you don't like that one ;) I'll have to check out BTM. Thanks for mentioning it!

Sarah- Good call on the running while the kids bike. I'll have to remember that one!

Hi Jen! Miss you!

All the TA talk. I have to admit I have to see what all the hype is about too. A few weeks ago I got on the wait list at the library for her mat workout and dance cardio. I'm 15th in line. Popular lady seems like! I'll keep ya posted on what I think.

Tony just handed me a salad with spinach, onion, strawberries and pecans with poppyseed dressing. Yum! Steaks in the oven! What a great husband I have ;)

Last edited:
Hello fit & fab :)

My w/o yesterday was a 4 mile indoor walk w/Jessica Smith. I'm really liking her! Today I was perusing through her cardio w/o's and found this hiit one: Full Length 30-Minute High Intensity Interval Training Workout - HIIT It Hard Cardio - YouTube. It didn't look too hard, so I figured why not give it a go. OMG it was harder than I anticipated! Not Cathe hard, but a pretty decent hiit w/o nonetheless. I also went for a nice 2hr outing with Bella today :). The temps have gotten a bit cooler. What about you guys?

Marie

LOVE that Tony is doing all that for your w/o space :). Yes, please post pics!
If you wanna glimpse of TA, look her up on youtube. I did that shortly after Colleen mentioned her, and WAS NOT impressed. Really, what's so special about her? I find nothing extraordinary or motivating.
Did you make the poppy seed dressing from scratch or did you get the Renee one? I love that dressing :p.

Sarah
Anything special planned for your big day today?

Colleen
Holy &%$# Game Of Thrones :eek::eek::eek:. WTH???? Mark and I were dying in that last episode. I was like "No. No. This is a joke, right? This CANNOT be happening!!!".

Hello ladies!

Today I did Supercuts. :D I have found the love for this workout finally!! :eek: I was SO proud of myself, too, as I managed to do 7 cycles of the push up/sit up combo to Cathe's 8! Woot!

I know now that my problem with the workout before was my expectations for it were totally wrong. She described it as a relative to Afterburn but for me at least, I realized today it's more on par with Travel Fit (with the exception of the intense push up/sit up ending!). Not in the sense of being a band workout, but to me it's like a tougher version of TF in that it is a great total body, low impact, intermediate workout. Perfect for those times when I'm doing a deload/active recovery type week or just want to moderate the intensity of my week a little bit. I feel so much better now that I have SC in the proper category for my personal regimen. ;)

This has me WAY more excited for the upcoming Flex Train workout now! :eek:

Thanks for the reassurances on the dance mommy thing! lol I just never seem to be that mom that knows what's going on, every little detail. I get the broad strokes, but I often miss out on little (ahem, often important) details and I always come off so clueless. :eek: :eek: At least, that's how I think I come off. Maybe some other mother's are just better at looking like they know what they are doing! :eek:

Sarah- Happy Birthday girl! Doing anything special today? :eek: I'm so bad about grocery shopping. I hate doing it so I will often let a full month or more go by before I do it (with the exception of stopping at the convenience store for milk and bananas ;)). Then when I finally do go, I become that lady the cashiers hate with the over flowing cart coming to check out! LOL

Natty- Did you see this week's Game of Thrones? Of course, I didn't but I know what happens in this one...it finally came to an infamous part in the book and I've been reading reviews online just to get people's reactions. :eek: I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET THESE &^%$$# DVD'S! :eek: :eek:

Marie- I totally think you would LOVE Tonique BTM! :eek: In fact, I'm going to revisit it now that I've decided to hold off on heavy lifting for a few weeks. I just feel like my body enjoys a little bit of everything. It keeps me from getting bored with working out and besides, cross training is good, right? ;)
Regarding Tracy Anderson, I promise I won't rant on and on :eek:, but she really is the only instructor I truly despise. It isn't because of her workouts, though. It's because of her offensive rhetoric and her extremely narrow definition of female beauty. :mad: She insists that women should be "teeny tiny" and that only her workouts will get you to your "smallest possible", because...you know, that's what all women want, right? :rolleyes: She literally says that "bulky muscles" are ugly and not feminine. She is extremely controversial, actually. There have been many heated threads on VF concerning her between her fans and people that feel the way I do. There were many contentious threads this past winter and early spring especially. Honestly, since then, a lot of people (not just me) stopped posting on GD. That wasn't the only reason, but I think it definitely contributed. Not to discourage you if you like the workouts, though! It's just how I feel. :cool:

Have a great day girls!

Last edited:
Colleen
We posted at the same time. I just told Marie that I checked-out TA on youtube and WAS NOT impressed. I don't know what all the fuss is about :confused:. I don't find her motivating AT ALL. But hey, different strokes for different folks :p. I am going to read those links you posted now :).

The birthday sucked ass. My family must of gone out of their way to make it seem like any other day. So I made cupcakes and ate way too many. Until I felt sick. Nice. I don't expect anything huge. My thing is with both Mother's Day and my birthday that it just not the same as every other day. Whatever that might mean. Like my husband could let me sleep in and gotten up within the kids or he could have just gotten up and helped out with the lunches. But nothing. I could vent about all the things they could have done, but didn't. Then in the evening I went to take a bath and be alone. Of course, then they realize nobody even sang happy birthday to me so they all pile in the bathroom to sing. Really?

I walked yesterday and today. Today I will be doing BB legs.

Colleen - I'm glad you enjoyed Supercuts. It wasnt what I thought either. But I love it because its just fun. The cashier asked if she could use another cart because she ran out of room when she was loading the bags, I was like NO stack higher.

Nat - your WO sounds good. We don't need to hit it Cathe hard all the time. Sometimes it is fun to kick it. Thank you for my big happy b-day.

Marie - really nice of tony to help with your WO room.

Sarah

The birthday sucked ass. My family must of gone out of their way to make it seem like any other day. So I made cupcakes and ate way too many. Until I felt sick. Nice. I don't expect anything huge. My thing is with both Mother's Day and my birthday that it just not the same as every other day. Whatever that might mean. Like my husband could let me sleep in and gotten up within the kids or he could have just gotten up and helped out with the lunches. But nothing. I could vent about all the things they could have done, but didn't. Then in the evening I went to take a bath and be alone. Of course, then they realize nobody even sang happy birthday to me so they all pile in the bathroom to sing. Really?

Oh Sarah! I'm so sorry! That really sucks! I love birthdays and always try to make them special for people. I feel bad I didn't get on here yesterday to wish you one. That's too bad that nobody did anything cool for you. You are such a great mama that you deserved a great day!

OMG what is with with TA! Those articles had me cringing! Does she really think women shouldn't lift heavy and should eat baby food! Are you freaking serious?!!!!!!!!!! That is so wrong!!!!!!!!!!

I looked up her workouts and they definitely don't look special, except, I must admit that her Dance Cardio workouts look like a ton of fun and I'm really excited to check those out. It must be the dancer in me that loves complex choreography. Besides those I will be staying away. And I will have to try and not be annoyed by her theories on fitness when I'm doing the dance cardio workouts :/

Colleen- I checked out BTM and I'm stoked on that one. It looks GREAT! I'll be putting that one on my wishlist. Thanks for mentioning it :)

I'm so glad you're liking SC now. It is a great workout but I must admit it doesn't compare to AB in intensity level. Glad you have it in the right category now!

Hello fit & fab :)

My w/o yesterday was a 4 mile indoor walk w/Jessica Smith. I'm really liking her! Today I was perusing through her cardio w/o's and found this hiit one: Full Length 30-Minute High Intensity Interval Training Workout - HIIT It Hard Cardio - YouTube. It didn't look too hard, so I figured why not give it a go. OMG it was harder than I anticipated! Not Cathe hard, but a pretty decent hiit w/o nonetheless. I also went for a nice 2hr outing with Bella today :). The temps have gotten a bit cooler. What about you guys?

Marie

LOVE that Tony is doing all that for your w/o space :). Yes, please post pics!
If you wanna glimpse of TA, look her up on youtube. I did that shortly after Colleen mentioned her, and WAS NOT impressed. Really, what's so special about her? I find nothing extraordinary or motivating.
Did you make the poppy seed dressing from scratch or did you get the Renee one? I love that dressing :p.

Thanks for always posting links to your workouts. I love checking them out. I found that JS has some barre workouts too that look fun!

Our temps have been in the 50/60's range with rain. UGH! I wanted to walk to the library yesterday but we ended up driving. This weekend is supposed to be 60's up north and 70's in the cities. We are taking a mini vacation up north this Thu Fri just us 3 and then back to the cities where Tony's dad has a lake place this weekend. Should be fun!

I would love to find a good recipe for poppyseed dressing! It's soooo good. I actually use Brianna's. It is all natural. Love it!

My workout lol, I laugh when I say workout because walking used to be my extra workout but now-a-days it is my workout. Oh well! Anyways I walked with a co-worker during my lunch break. Depending on B's schedule when I get home I'll try and do something else....maybe another walk if it's nice. It's been raining on and off all day.

At work now...off at 3:30 :)

Quickie post! My last patient of the day is dilating and then I have to skedaddle if I'm going to get Dylan in time for karate! :eek:

Today's workout was Kettlebell Kickboxing: Strength (40 min) and then Zuzana Strength series workout 1 (10 min). Awesome stuff! :D I was so happy to do KBKB as it has been months since I pulled those out, and then the Zuzana one was that new one I just got from Amazon. It was so awesome, and I think I'm going to love this series even more than her cardio one! :eek: Her workouts make such great finishers because they are intense, metabolic type stuff but only 10 minutes or so. In fact, methinks that's where Cathe got the inspiration for her upcoming 10-10-10 workout. ;)

Sarah- I am SO sorry about the birthday let down! :( I have had that experience, too and it SUCKS big time! :mad: Some years are better than others. In fact, one year it was such a crappy disappointing day that I finally spoke up to Mark about it and told him he had to at least try and be a little nicer/helpful/sweet/generous etc. I'm not big on gifts so I'm not one of those high maintenance gals that needs flowers or jewelery...but at least do SOMETHING to make it special dammit! :rolleyes: I hope your family learns from this...maybe they'll surprise you with a belated something special. :)

Marie- You should definitely check out the dance video if it looks fun! Sometimes I have to stick my fingers in my ears and sing LA-LA-LA-LA whenever one of my other instructors who I normally like (ahem Ellen Barrett) says stuff about the "feminine body" and not lifting more than 3 lbs. Sometimes the workouts are so much fun and feel good, that it's worth turning a blind eye. ;) TA is the only one for me that I just. can't. do. it! lol She goes SO far with the rhetoric (and is so arrogant about it) that I can't see past it. At least other instructors with the same attitudes soft pedal it a bit. :p Do you like other Barre workouts? A lot of people like the Ballet Physique workouts on VF. Another good one, that I actually quite liked (but never do it :eek:) is this one: Xtend Barre: Lean & Chiseled It doesn't have the choreography of a dance workout, but it is a nice barre one and I really like Andrea Leigh Rogers...she such a sweetie! :)

Oh crap, I meant for this to be short! :eek: Gotta run!!!! Waving HI to Natty and Jen! TTYL!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.