Weightloss Challenge Through Dec 2012 - Jun 22

gonnabea5

Cathlete
This is the 1st week of a Weightloss challenge going through the end of Dec. That's 6 months to figure out what will work to obtain weightloss goals or any other goals you might have.

I plan to stick to 1500 calories per day of clean eating and self denial of junk food as much as possible. There are so many success stories. Now, it's time to add mine to the list.

Anyone is welcome to join me. I will post here every day, starting a new thread every Friday.

Today's workout will be Pyramid UB and a 3 miler walk.

Great workout today. I did Pyramid UB and a 3 mile walk. I have scheduled 1447 calories for today. I have a 7.5 mile run tomorrow on schedule.

I love the thought of having a thread dedicated to this weightloss challenge. I know there will be ups and downs, but I am striving to have a whole lot more up days than downs.

Shereta,

You have inspired me to check into this thread/group. I have a couple other groups for working on workouts, but this one for weight loss will fit into my life style as well and will make me accountable for weight loss. Thank you for that.

As of to date I've lost 37.5 pounds. However, for the first time ever since I started my diet I truly got off my track yesterday.:eek: I ate everything in site.:eek: I don't know why. I'm on the Paleo Diet for my GERD (reflux disease) and the bonus is losing weight and getting healthy. I'm going to blame our 21st wedding anniversary today (it wasn't me, it was the chocolate that made me do it), yeah right:eek:. Yesterday I bought cheesecake and chocolate for our desert to help celebrate today's dinner (fish and seafood). Decided yesterday to just take one bite out of the chocolate sauce and after that I was eating everything in site.

This morning I woke up and was determined not to eat that sauce today, but will eat some cheesecake after dinner tonight (and that's all). I will not eat more than one piece, I will not eat and eat and eat. That should do it! LOL.:D

I'm so surprised that my GERD didn't act up on me. I'm also very grateful it didn't, otherwise I could have been in awful shape.

Will be doing a 4DS workout and will post that later tonight.

Great job on Pyramid UB and a 3 mile walk. Enjoy your very long 7.5 mile run tomorrow. I can't even imagine running for that long or that far. That is amazing to me.

Striving to have a whole lot more up days than downs too.;)

Enjoy your day,

Janie

You've inspired me to join and check in also! I've never been part of a check-in or group before just a daily lurker.. I've had some unhealthy disordered eating lately and I'm trying to break the habits and get healthly and happy with my appearance again. I've put on some weight and it's very fustrating especially with summer here! My eating hasn't been great so far but hoping to end the day eating clean and watching portions. I did 4DS Bootcamp cardio and plyo legs wk 3 this morning. Good luck with your run tomorrow, no way I could run that far! Thanks for starting the group!
Nicole

Hi, Nicole, and welcome. I thought I'd be doing this alone which would be fine. I was in a challenge group a few years ago, and everyone dropped out. But, I kept posting until the end. I was really working on committment issues. LOL

Good for you for taking charge of your health. We don't have to wait til tomorrow to start positive changes. We can start right now.

You've had a great workout today. That's great. I love, love 4DS.

As far as my run goes, DH and I are signed up for a half marathon in Sept so Im in the middle of training for that. it's hard to believe at my weight I can run that far. Trust me, it's a slooooooooowwwwwwwww pace.

Check back in later and let me know how the eating has gone for the day.

Hi, Janie, and congrats on your anniversary. Yep, this checkin is about losing weight in the next 6 months and developing healhy habit. I love making friends and bonding, but, I only come here for weightloss tips and Cathe stuff. She's my true inspiration for health and fitness.

You're already off to a great start for loosing. KIP

Hi Shereta, Janie, and Nicole!

I am ready to release this extra weight once and for all! I am 41 and have been overweight since I was 10 except maybe a few months here or there...lol!! I have tried every diet in the book! I have now learned that I have to listen to my body, not deny myself anything, track my food, and count my calories. Sugar derails me...instantly! So, I understand Janie about the chocolate!

I am 5' 5.5" and weigh in at 156.5. My goal is a very reasonable 142. I keep plateauing at this weight and I've been up and down about 10# a few times in the past year. I am ready to break through!! I used to be over 200# for many years, so at least I have kept that off for the last 2 years. I'll take 1/2 to 1# weight loss per week! I've been stuck at 156.5 for the last 3 weeks.

I am willing to give you guys support, motivation, and any helpful tips that I can. I am currently finishing up the last week in Meso 2 of STS which is my first round I've ever done! I'm trying to increase my cardio endurance as well in order to do Cathe's Hiit and I finally was able to do Imax 1 on Sunday!! Her new releases scare me tho! lol

I'm up for the challenge. I realize I may even need up to a year to see the changes that I want. I am pear shaped and I have a very stubborn lower body!!

Great job on the running Shereta! I tried to run. For me there is a dread factor and it's boring compared to Cathe's workouts! I did do a 5K two years ago and I would like to try a 10K, but I can't seem to get motivated to run. And like you, it is a very slow jog I should say!

Janie awesome job on your weight loss!!

Nicole, like yourself I had been a lurker for years and just recently decided to participate in the forums. I have to say it has been an incredible source of support and motivation checking in with some ladies on this site. I belong to the "STS Deal of the Day" thread over in the STS forum and it has helped me immensely! I have never finished a rotation before, and STS will be my first one I believe because I am doing it along with others! So, welcome aboard!

Gina :)

Hi everyone - and thanks Shereta for starting the check-in.

Here are my goals:

1. I want to cut-out processed foods and reach for fruit rather than a packaged granola bar when I want a snack.

2. I want to cut-out diet pop.

3. Cut out artificial sweeteners.

4. Lose 15 pounds by September. Lose a total of 25 pounds by December.

5. Run the half-marathon on September 23rd.

I had looked into the paleo diet, but I really don't know if that's a diet that I could maintain over the long-term so I don't think I want to start it. I just want to follow a diet that I know I can maintain. I just don't think I could realistically cut out dairy & grains permanently. I've eaten oatmeal every morning for the past 7 years, and I eat popcorn and greek yoghurt as a snack. I also like to supplement my protein intake with cottage cheese.

I'm trying to "coach" myself whenever I find myself forraging for food - and I force myself to pause and ask myself - "am I REALLY hungry? or is this emotional/boredom eating?" I try to wait until I am really truly hungry to eat a snack.

One of my new favourite snacks is apple slices with almond butter - the almond butter is so filling and I find much more satisfying than peanut butter.

How often will the check-in be? Once a week? Daily? I don't know if I can check-in daily, but for sure every Saturday morning I'll check-in.

Well, I'm looking forward to learning from all of you & hopefully we can encourage one another to keep going and to change our eating habits from sabotage to healthy eating. Have a great day everyone!

Good morning everyone! I'm happy to have this check in, Thanks again Shereta for creating it. I think with the encouragement and accountability we can all reach our goals and create healthy habits and make some real progress! My eating wasn't great yesterday but it wasn't horrible either. Today is a new day and it's going to be great, I slept well which is an important start! I'm about to go do my workout, I have Amy Dixon's Breathless Body 2 on tap for this morning. What's everyone else doing today??
Shereta, Jaine, Gina, and Melanie, let's make it a good day and start the weekend off right!!! I think when I have cravings to binge I'll check in here, maybe that will help. My issue is with Nuts and Nutbutters, I don't seem to have any portion control and although they are healthy fats, they are very high in calories and add up fast. I am trying to eliminate them for now, hopefully that will help.

Good morning everyone. I finished my 7.5 miler in a very raggedy form. The 1st 5 were fine, but the last 2.5 were torchure. I know the pms, lack of sleep, lack of extra calories and sugar are to blame. The good thing is I walked most of the last 2.5 and still burned over 2000 calories. I did a stretch max segment and feeling great now. Next Saturday I'm scheduled to do this run again. I can't wait. I know it'll be better.

Gina, welcome aboard. Dr Oz just did a segment on weightloss for pear shapes. You might want to check out his website and Cathe's LBB workout is awsome. (lower body blast) so much fun and you burn a ton of calories.

Melanie, I like the changes you're implementing. Very health conscious. I'll be posting here several times a day on most day. i'll start a new thread every Friday cause that's my weight in day.

Nicole, I hope you enjoy your workout today and glad you slept well. That's makes a huge difference in your workout, food intake decisions and whole outlook on the day. You seem very pumped today. lol

I, too, am excited about this challenge. I hope weight less, be more flexible and make better food choices consistently by the time this is over.

Make it a great day!

Last night was our anniversary and we ate the cheesecake. I eliminated the sauce. It didn't taste that good anyway. However, had a hard time exercising. We are at our renovated Beach House very close to the ocean (5 min. away) and I brought weight that you put together thinking it would be easier to carry back and forth from our Shelton home and here. But the weight didn't work, very bulky and cumbersome. Couldn't concentrate on form. Gave it up I was so frustrated. I will be going back on Mon. and Tues. for more things to bring here and appts. I'll bring real weight in 12#, 15#,20#, 25#, 30# and 35#. Then I'll be set and no excuses. In the mean time an active recovery for a week. I've been really hitting those weights hard for a couple of months and need the break anyway. Will be doing HiTT 30/30 tonight and can't wait! Will post it when I'm done. Update: Instead of doing 30/30 as planned I took advantage of our beautiful weather from rain all day to a fantastic sunny evening. Took two 45 min. speed walks on the beach. It was so lovely!

Nicole, Congratulations for connecting with other people to make your life better and more accountable. My downfall is portion too. Since I have GERD (a reflux disease) I don't have any choice at all but to stay with the Paleo diet and portion size or else I feel the horrific effects of the disease. Terrific job on 4DS Bootcamp the cardio and plyo legs.

Gina, Thanks for your support. I was wondering also (besides me sabotaging) there is HFCS in that sauce and wonder if that had anything to do with my ravenous eating that night. Hmmmmm, I have a suspicion it wasn't all me. Congratulations for losing so much weight. I bet you feel a lot better now that a lot of that weight is off. As you already know by losing so much weight, that our bodies fight for every pound it has. It is frustrating when it happens. I also have been waiting at one point in my weight loss 3 weeks to shed just a little. Eventually (as long as you eat less calories and are burning them) it will come off eventually. I'm certain if you just hang in there it will eventually let loose. I feel your frustration. If you can do IMAX1 you can do her HiTT. Try 30/30, you will be so surprised how much you can do. Give it a try and remember that modification is our friend. Just keep moving. I'm a ball shape, I carry a lot of weight in my waist, back and arms. Overweight is not fun.

Melanie, Reaching those 5 goals will get you anywhere you want. I can't wait to see one by one you reaching them. You are so on tract on what you need to do. I have a feeling nothing is going to get in your way once you decided what you wanted. I can feel your energy through cyberspace! LOL:D And I'll be rooting for you in September into your Marathon. For me I don't have a choice with my diet. It has to be Paleo because that is the only diet I've found that my GERD (reflux disease) can't reach me. The foods I can handle. I do tweak and have 1/2 cup of Steal cut oats in the morning with my egg whites and fruit. During the day I use Greek Yogurt to put on my afternoon and evening meals. But, I've only tweaked it this far for fear to go any further than that. I'm doing really well this way. I knoticed that when I get hungry I eat a small amount of protein and fruit or vegie and the hunger pangs are gone soon after. Normally 3 meals a day satisfies me. I love apple and almond butter together. Good choice.

Nicole, I think this thread will help a lot as well. I love your fresh enthusiasm this morning for the day ahead. I'll be doing 30/30 HitT today. I'll check in later to post that.

Shereta, How often do you run 7.5 miles, every Saturday? I agree that if you are use to this regimen, and feeling a raggedy form, then lack of sleep and not enough calories are to blame. Great job on the run and also for the much needed stretch. Now get some rest!;)

We'll make our goals come to light. Thank you for the encouragement.

Janie

Last edited:
Hey, janie. I love that you worked that weight thing out. lol. Enjoy 30/30. It really is the easiest for me.

I've been increasing my Saturday runs since I started training. I'm ahead of trng that's why I decided to do 7.5 again next saturday. I normally increase by .5 miles, but in a few weeks I drop back to 6.2 for a maintenance run. The second 7.5 is already on my schedule, so I feel good about it. Yes, I've been resting since after breakfast. My legs were really tired, but headed now to get some chores done.

Update: Instead of doing 30/30 as planned I took advantage of our beautiful weather from rain all day to a fantastic sunny evening. Took two 45 min. speed walks on the beach. It was so lovely!

Shereta, I so respect people who run. That's something I'm not sure I can do especially that long. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Janie

Good Sunday, Ladies. No workout yet cause I woke up too late. Off to church now. May do something later, but I want strong legs for the run tomorrow. We'll see. I will ensure I eat within my calorie range though. That's key for me.

Make it a great day!

Happy Sunday

Good morning, everyone! How was your Saturday's? I enjoyed my workout and did relatively well with my eating until the end of the day... Story of my life. I also have a bad problem with mindless eating on the couch at night which is definatley the worst time, why I stuff myself right before bed is beyond me! Ughhh,well anyway, Today is a new day and I'm going to try to stay positive and move on.
Janie, congratalations on your anniversay! I've been very intrigued about the Paleo diet, I eat very low carb and no grains right now so it wouldn't be that bad although I eat alot of cottage cheese and dairy so that would be hard. Great job with the beach walks, I love the beach and walking on the beach.
Shereta, great job with the run and stretch, I admit I never stretch and I need to incorporate that more, I hope you have a great day and I'm sure you'll stick witin your calorie range, good luck with your run tomorrow and great job being ahead of your training schedule.
Mealnie, Great job with the goals, I think you have a great plan and outlook to succeed, let us know how it's going!
Gina, How are you liking STS? I should start another round, I have done it a few times, I love Meso 2. Great job with Imax, that is the hardest one I think. Sorry about the weight loss stall that can be very fustrating but I'm sure you'll see a big jump soon, stick with it and you'll succeed!
Well I need to get breakfast for the kids and head to the basement for my workout.. I'm thinking maybe cardio supersets for today. Good luck with our goals today, lets start the week off well!

I'm in! I started wheat-free eating a week ago and have lost over a pound of fat in 6 days. My aging body is telling me not to push the workouts, so I am walking when my hips are aching. Cathe keeps me energized and motivated, but I love threads like this as well, where we can share and help each other. I am aiming for a very doable 1 pound weight loss each week...

If anyone wants to try some wheat-free recipes, I have been experimenting with success and no hunger. :). Best in health to everyone!

Lisa

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to join this check in all week, but was eating so horribly I didn't have the nerve to come over here. :eek:.

Today is another day and so far so good.

Lisa, I am also trying to eliminate wheat, just to see what effect it has. Losing weight would be one of the good ones I imagine. Any good recipes that you can share would be appreciated. I had quinoa w/chicken and vegs for lunch, ( the recipe was in Cathe's blog) and it was pretty good.

Is this going to continue for a month, or will it start each week?

Deb,

I read the book Wheat Belly and am following the no wheat plan, including having no beans, rice, corn, potato or grains. After 4 days I had withdrawals, and felt light headed and spacey, but this passed. I now feel lighter, and more focused. I will have to add some grains, as I had quinoa breakfast cereal when I needed a boost in energy, and felt great. The biggest plus for me is not feeling the need to snack after dinner. My body feels fuller with less, and recognizes the cues more easily. This is HUGE for me, a lifetime lover of bread and pasta like my Italian grandmother made.

I am looking through some recipes and will be testing them out this week. Here is good one from the book that I have tried:

Flaxseed Wrap
3 tbsp ground flaxseed
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp paprika
Pinch celery or sea salt
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp water
1 egg

Mix dry ingredients and add coconut oil. Beat in water and egg. Add batter to greased glass pie pan and microwave for 2-3 minutes on high. Cool 5 minutes and remove with
spatula.

Welcome Lisa and Deb. This weightloss challenge will continue until the end of Dec with new threads opening every Friday AM. So far, I'm posting several times a day. My main goal is to stay withing my calorie allotment to obtain a weightgoal by the end of Dec.

Let's get ready to welcome in a new week of getting closer to goals.

Hello all. I have been working out and losing weight since Novemeber 2011. So, my weight loss is very slow now, but I will join ya!!! :D

I have currently loss 55.4 pds. So I am lucky if I lose a pound a week. But anything is good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.