Weightloss Challenge Through Dec 2012 - Jun 22

Happy Wednesday, Everyone. My workout today was a 3mile at 1% incline on treadmill and then STS-TB. I have no idea how many calories I burned because my HR monitor went out. It may just need a battery. Oh well, it was a great workout. My food intake is all planned out for the day and I pray I stick to it.

I'm a creature of habit. I say this because I went for a cholesterol test today and I was suppose to fast and then could eat after the blood test. Which I did. Been dizzy ever since. I tried to do MMA:F but couldn't keep up so while I watched Cathe and crew I spinned. Still got a terrific workout, but man talk about weak and dizzy from not eating? Geesh!
Janie

Your brave to even attempt working out especially with Cathe!! I never would have done that. I absolutely have to eat before working or I do not have any energy. Probably the only thing I could handle without eating would be a leasurely stroll on the treadmill.

I threw out the rest of my cake (which was given to me for my birthday), b/c I was losing control over eating. However, I am having a dinner party tonight and of course Im making dessert! I will enjoy it, but I am sending the leftovers home with the guests!! Janie how is your sugar addiction going? Gaining some control back? Do you do anything in particular to help or just go cold turkey?

Shereta it is frustrating when our devices don't work! I love to track my stats too. I use a Bodymedia one for tracking my calories burned. It is pretty accurate from what I can determine. It is such a huge motivator when I am working out! Hopefully, you'll get a new battery pronto!!

Ok, I'm off to go do my cardio for the day. This is my recovery week from STS so just some steady state stepping and some pilates. I find that I like taking a week break off from all of Cathe's harder workouts including cardio for one week after hitting it hard for 4 weeks. STS forces this upon you and and think I may continue it in the future or try every 6 weeks. I have to admit that I find it is helping me to come back stronger and refreshed!

Ok everyone. Have a great day !

Gina

STS M2D14 this morning. Summer vacation with two teenagers is taking its toll on my stress levels (and my wallet) and it's only week #2. Structure, structure, structure is need. I think I need to add some cardio later for a pick me up. So far, I've caved on a DD iced coffee and a cranberry and ginger ale at the driving range. No more junk today!...really.

Great success today- another pound lost since Sunday. Woo Hoo!

Hey Deb, if you don't have a glass pie pan, use any microwave safe dish that will give you an 8-9 inch wrap. I really like these wraps, they are so filling for just having flax.

Tonight's wheat free meal is curried cauliflower and pork masala. Yummy! So far, so good with wheat free eating.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Be good to yourselves. :)

Lisa

Got to the Beach House and it's now official. We have flooring in all rooms. Yea, it's done! Now to put up curtains and pictures... Another first is that we had some friends (my life long child hood friend) and her husband for dinner, walked the beach and played a card game. It was a blast. Didn't do a workout tonight, but will catch up tomorrow. It's always nice to have tomorrow. We ate healthy food, all of us and no big portions.

Shereta, Great job on the 3 mile at 1% incline on treadmill. Then STS-Total Body. You did a really good job. Yea!

Gina, Good for you for throwing out the cake! It simply just has to be done. :) Sending left over desert is good too. Good for you. When I had that sugar addiction I truly think it was the High Fructose Corn Syrup and it took me 3 days to gain control again (to leave my sytem). Never will I do that again. During those three days, I made sure I wasn't eating HFCS and made it through that way. I also take a break from the hard work Cathe puts us through. My body response very well taking those days and doing an active recovery. After that week I'm stronger for the next round.

Fembot40, Great job on M2 Disc 14. Oh yes, I remember those days in the Summer with teenagers.:confused: I love ice coffee too.:rolleyes:

Lisa, Alright, love to hear a success day! Congrats for losing another pound. Hmmm your meal sounds really tasty. It's not so bad eating without Wheat.

Take care ladies, enjoy your evening,

Janie

Thursday

Good morning,

I did a KCM workout this morning, they are not as hard as Cathe, but get the job done. I like 30 minute workouts.

Eating was good yesterday, except for a couple of bite size cookies. :mad: They jumped right out of the carton into my mouth. I am down a bit in weight though so no damage. Onward and upward as they say, or better downward!

Shereta, how do you do both of those workouts in one day? wow.

Gina, good for you for tossing that cake!

FemBot40 ( what is your name? that is really hard do type! ;)...

Lisa, thanks for the tip, I do have a square glass pan that might work. I have to try these. Also, how about posting how you made the curried cauliflower and that pork dish etc? sounds delicious.

Janie, nice that you have friends that will eat healthy foods along with you. sometimes that doesn't happen and it's difficult to please all.

off to get more coffee and get ready for work,

take care,

Deb, here is how to make the cauliflower. I make this recipe all the time.

Cut one head of cauliflower into florets and arrange on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, curry powder and tumeric. Mix together and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Sometimes I add a can of garbanzo beans.

For the pork, (or chicken) I marinate the pork pieces for about an hour with coriander, garlic powder, salt and Garam masala. Sauté with mushrooms and onions, then add red chili paste, tomato
paste, coconut milk and more seasoning to taste. Cook until pork is tender.

I love Indian food and have to make it at home since we have no restaurants nearby. Of course, this is yummy with naan bread to soak up the sauce!

Lisa

Thursday

Good morning all!

This morning was a 4.5 mile run, and I followed that with a breakfast of an omelette with cabbage and a half banana.

So far I'm happy that I haven't been taken over by the eating monster lurking within me. I hope this lasts. I'm finding that drinking lots of water, going for healthy foods when I want to "graze", and reminding myself not to sabotage my tough workouts, is all helping me to keep focused on eating right.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day and hopefully this week has paid off. But honestly even if the scale doesn't move much, I feel better physically and emotionally - because I've been eating better and because I've been able to maintain my self-control and self-respect.

Does anyone else go through the cycle of over-eating, then loathing yourself for doing that? Well, I want that to end for myself.

Anyways, enough about myself!!

Janie - your beach home sounds beautiful! You must just love being there and it must give you incentive to keep active.

Fembot - I hope your stress will subside and you'll have time for yourself. But don't kick yourself too hard because you strayed from your diet a little.

Shereta - On your longer runs, do you eat those energy/carb/electrolyte chews or drink something like gatorade? I've only taken water with me, but I was thinking that in preparation for the half-marathon I need to experiment with some kind of snack during my run and/or an energy drink.

OK guys, keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to hearing how your week went.

2 workouts in one day is over rated. :) I am almost in overtraining mode today. I got to bed very late helping DH with a project, overslept today and am feeling a little dehydrated. I will skip my 3 mile run cause I've already run 4 times this week totally16 miles and I do not want it to become a chore, plus I've had several long workout days this week. so, I will pick my favorite Cathe cardio and call it a day.

Today I plan to pick up some of those gels for my long runs, because the training people say do your long runs like you do you half marathon and that means getting nutrition after 60 or so into the run. I want to start that with Saturday's run. I run past my house several times during the long runs, so I leave a water bottle at the bottom of the drive way to sip on as needed. Maybe I'll give gatorade a try and see if that helps.

More later......

Last edited:
Okay, today I did LIC Step. So much fun on the 6inch step. This was the 1st time I completed it all. I was very sweaty and smiling a lot because I was able to hang in there. Cant wait to get on that scale tomorrow. Today I'm able to squeeze into a size 14 suit. I wouldn't wear it anywhere, but maybe in 3 weeks. Good feeling.

New thread starts tomorrow.

Off to have a salad and PBJ sandwich.

Workout today was Amy Bento's In The Ring, combo 3 and 4 are so much fun, I did them twice, made for a nice 80 minute workout. I'm in a kickboxing phase and even turned down cycling today, I must be losing it.

DH's birthday tonight, so evil cake will be involved. I've been good all day, so I'll be cheating a bit. Was down 1lb, which is awesome because I've been stuck for awhile at the EXACT same weight for a few weeks. Thanks for the motivation ladies! : )

Shereta, I'm so envious that you're able to run like you do. It's the one activity I just can't pull off. Good luck on the scale tomorrow. : )

Tina

Hi everyone! Hope you had a good day! Today was a cardio off day so I did a 45 min Pilates chair workout. It works you more than you think! I start Meso 3 of STS on Monday so this is a nice change of pace.

Sherata good job on listening to your body and not running and for completing LIC!! In the past, I worked out 2-3 hours doing 2-3 workouts a day and you are right, overtraining will kick in eventually. I didn't even take a day off for like 3 weeks!! It really did a number on me and I stopped working out for a few months which was devastating to my weight and measurements! If you can continue to listen to your body and respect what it is telling you, like you seem to be with your eating and excercise, then you will reach your goals. I have learned it is all about balance. We will reach our goals in due time, this isn't a race and there is no end date....this is for the rest of our lives! Keep up the great work!

Everyone keep up the great work! I am proud of all of you for taking care of your health and Tina, I agree with Lisa, cake is not evil!! Enjoy a piece, don't beat yourself up for it, and continue eating healthy otherwise!

Gina

Good morning,
sun.gif

Yippee it's Friday!!
banana016.gif
For some reason I didn't want to get up this morning to do a workout. Well, we have agility class tonight, and I am doing both dogs now so that is a little bit of exercise.

Lisa , thanks for posting the recipes, yum! I had Indian food for lunch today, and skipped dinner. I ate too much.

Tina, one tiny piece of cake is ok, ( as long as you can stop there!).

Melanie, good job on the run.

Shereta, thanks again for getting this started, it seems that everyone is really into the challenge!

Off for more coffee so I can get moving!

Take care,

Friday weigh-in

Down 2 pounds!! That makes me 11 pounds away from my goal for September. I think its do-able!

Have a great day everyone - off to walk my dog, then STS M2D14.

New Thread was Started

Hey guys, just a reminder that Shereta is starting a new thread every Friday and it's already up and going. So, please rejoin us over there!

Gina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.