weighted gloves .... Help!!!

Ketros

Doing the sts 3 month rotation ... Need to purchase the gloves does anyone no which one I should buy? The reviews on the 2lb gloves say that they are only a 1 pound each hand ... :confused:

Tracie

Yes, the 2 lb. gloves are a total of 2 lbs, meaning there is 1 lb. in each hand.

The 4 lb. gloves are a total of 4, with 2 lbs. in each hand.

Personally, I would change the title, as I think most people hear "2 lb. gloves" and naturally think each glove is 2 lbs (that's how I refer to them). The description spells it out though.

I have and use both frequently, so if you can, buy both. I often use the 1 lb gloves and then quickly switch to the 2 lbs for the next exercise. You could buy the 2 lbs (4 lbs total) and pull some weight out of each glove when you'd like to go up only 1 lb, but I've heard some say it's not super easy to put the weighted packets back in. I've also heard the zipper isn't sturdy.

Amazon has the one pounders on sale.

That is correct. There is also a pair of weighted gloves available that are 2 lbs. per hand. I will tell you they are snug, so make sure of your fit! The weighted bags are hard to put back in once you take them out, but you get used to it and get better with it as you use them. You'll find a method of getting them in and out that is quicker and works well for you. You will certainly be having to pause the DVD when you use the gloves.

I do like the 4 lb. gloves because they give me more variety in upping my weight increments. I would prefer to have some Plate Mates, but I can't afford those right now. These are magnetic weighted mini-bars that slide on and off the actual plate on your BB/DB, if you have metal plates.

I go back and forth between my regular lifting pair and my weighted pair depending on the exercise.

I hope this helps you!

Thanks for the advice Lady's:D

syzygy314 ... were do you get the plate mates? The only sports store around me is called Dicks sporting goods and they don't caring them:(
They sound much better then pulling sacks out of your gloves :eek:

Do the 4lb gloves have the palm covered? I don't like the 2lb ones because the palm is open.

Cathe does sell the 4lb total gloves (2lbs / glove) with a covered palm. I love that aspect of the gloves, but agree with others who have complained about cramming those .5lb weight bags into the gloves . . . it's tough to do!

Doing the sts 3 month rotation ... Need to purchase the gloves does anyone no which one I should buy? The reviews on the 2lb gloves say that they are only a 1 pound each hand ... :confused:

Tracie

If you are looking to just add 1lb per arm, you might try Cathe's 1lb wrist weights (1lb per wrist). They are fast and easy to put on, and the thumb loop fits over my regular lifting gloves (the non-weighted ones).

If you are looking to just add 1lb per arm, you might try Cathe's 1lb wrist weights (1lb per wrist). They are fast and easy to put on, and the thumb loop fits over my regular lifting gloves (the non-weighted ones).

I agree with this. I use my 1 lb wrist weights far more than my weighted gloves. I actually keep my weighted gloves at 1/2 lb each for when I need to increase my barbell weight by 1 lb and wearing an extra 1/2 lb on each side balances that nicely. I get the most use out of wearing my adjustable ankle weights on my wrists as they can go from 1/2 lb to 5 lb in 1/2 lb increments. Being able to wear an extra 2 1/2 - 4 lbs is what truly got me up to my next dumbbell size for many exercises.

Plate Mates

Sorry! I just saw your questions on this! I always forget to post the link!

http://www.theplatemate.com/

This is the main page for Plate Mates. You can find a store near you or order online.

Thanks for the advice Lady's:D

syzygy314 ... were do you get the plate mates? The only sports store around me is called Dicks sporting goods and they don't caring them:(
They sound much better then pulling sacks out of your gloves :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.