Weight Watchers - 3rd week of April, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Hey, yall. Today's workout for me was High Step Challenge. I only did the weights without cardio or abs. But, i'll do it again on Friday a get all that in. I did earn 7aps. woohoo.

b. cereal, milk - 5
s. yogurt, peanuts - 6
l. salad, Lean cuisine meal, apple - 8
s. apple
d. cheeseburger, fries. 16
total 35

I woke up feeling slimmer today. I miss logging my stuff online at WWers. But, that did keep me going in and out of that site all day. But, now I struggle logging foods into my journal. I add it here and then that's it. So, I'm trying to focus on no sweets (maybe some on Sunday) and journalling.

Hey, sometimes when I eat really clean and within allowable PPs, I dont sleep well. I mean, I just cannot fall asleep. Is this happening to anyone else?

Shereta - that does happen to me, but it's usually because I'm hungry. If I worked out hard that day, but stayed within my PP's, it's often not enough food for me. A hard workout for me would typically be about 10 AP's, which going by the rules, should mean I could eat up to 29+10 = 39 PP's, plus maybe a few WP's. But on days like this I may need 50 PP's (and still lose weight, as long as it's clean and I really did work out hard).

Stebby

Stebby, that makes perfect sense to me.

Stacy, you mentioned pot pie the other. I was so good; not healthy but good.

Im on day 3 of my no sweets til Sunday Challenge. There's cake in the work area but I'm not even tempted. woohoo.

Welcome, LauraJane!

So far, so good on my renewed commitment to WW. I'm not sure why, but it feels a little bit easier this time around and I'm not beating myself up over the little slip-ups, nor am I keeping myself from using those weekly points to indulge. Hmm, maybe that's why it's a little easier this time :p.

I've upped my workouts because my half marathon is 6 weeks away, and then right after that, I launch straight into training for my marathon in October, so I'm not worried about earning AP; I just want to make sure I'm fueling myself appropriately while still meeting my goals.

Jumping in for advice

Hi Ladies--

I have been lurking and following you since you started, and have decided to de-lurk, because I really need some advice. I am doing WW (again) and really struggling to lose weight. Seeing Stebby's post regarding needing to eat more, makes me wonder if I am not eating enough.

I run or do Cathe workouts(cardio 5xweek, circuit/weights 2xweek) 5-6 days a week--really intense. Since I am really trying to lose weight, I wear my HRM and know I am burning 400-600 calories per workout. I stay within my daily points(eating super clean), get in all my GHG's, eat most or all of my weekly points and no AP's. I gave up chocolate and alcohol for lent. There is literally nothing more I can do, yet I have been stuck for two weeks, and beyond that weight loss is just slow!

So frustrated!!! All I can think is to add a few more points in case I am not eating enough--but I honestly don't feel hungry--I love food and would never deprive myself if I really wanted to eat. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance-Gianna

Hey, Gianna. I'd say, eat a few more points and shake up your metabolism. Are you getting enough rest, water, fruits and veggies?

I know whenever I have my Wed evening burger and fries which causes me to use WP, I'm down something the next morning.

You could be on a plateau. So, consider shaking up your workouts. Peruse Cathe's rotations and maybe do a different type of rotation for a month or so. Maybe drop the circuits and lift heavy total body twice a week for a week or two to see if that shocks your body enough.

Also, if you dont have a lot to loose you will loose very slower from what I've seen.

Good luck and stop lurking. We'd love to hear what you're trying and how it's affecting you.

Shereta

Shereta--thank you so much for the feedback. Definately getting my fruits and veggies(usually 1-2 fruit and 3-4 veggies) and all the other GHG's. I am working this program to a T. This is part of the reason I am so frustrated! I have done WW before, but never to this degree and it's STILL going slower/complete stand still. Very annoying. However, I refuse to give up, because if I do, well, the weight definately won't come off then! Also, clothes that haven't fit in months are easy to slide into now. I am not doing nearly enough weight training for this to be muscle gain, but something positive is going on.

Question--one thing I have noticed is that really good eating and exercising usually takes 10 days-2 weeks to start show up on the scale, and the same with bad eating/lack of exercise. like when I go on vacation and totally blow it, but the scale doesn't show this until the week after I am back. Has anyone else experienced this?

Until later...(now that I have joined the group, you probably won't be able to get me to shut up!)
Gianna

Welcome, Gianna!!

I've been experimenting too, with eating more. Before, I wasn't eating all of my weekly points (just AP), and now I'm cutting myself a little more slack and it seems to be shaking things up (in a good way). We shall see. Even though the program is pretty straightforward, it seems there's still room to find the best way to follow it so your body responds!

Welcome Gianna! I had a question are you using all of your AP's? That's possibly where you could be overestimating/underestimating?? For a Cathe workout I used to use a workout from the list online that was "close to" Cathe's workout and use the AP's for that, but when I actually started recording it as X number of minutes of moderate intensity or X number of minutes of low intensity exercise the number was SO much different, for me it was usually lower.

I have reached a bit of a plateau as well and was perusing the WW site, one of the suggestions they offered was eating foods ONLY from their Power Foods food list for about 2 2 weeks. Just some "food for thought" ;)

For me I broke even today at weigh-in. I'm exactly 1.6 lbs from meeting the 5 lb Challenge that for me will end this Saturday. I'm okay with that.

Eating today was crazy...I ended the day with 35 PP's, unfortunately some of those points came from a cheeseburger and peanut m&m's. I'm becoming a burger addict, someone help!!

I have Gym Styles Chest&Back on tap for later tonight. I'm omitting the pushup section since I'll be doing pushups for my Pushup Challenge. I plan to start my first actual day on Saturday.

Ok, gotta go run some errands!

Hope everyone has a great evening. Made gorgonzola gnocchi (whole wheat)and steamed spinach for dinner--very good!

Stacy--I don't use AP's, although I track them in my tracker as 1 AP for 100calories burned on my HRM.

Took a day off from working out today. The last four days were tough! Starting on saturday I did intensity, then the viper sunday, monday was IMAX and yesterday ME with 30/30. I was spent today! I will get back to it tomorrow.

Gianna

Stebby - I was hoping to hear the foam rollering didn't kill forever....I have to roll out my ITBs as well and dread it! Good luck with getting back on track.

Suzanne - sorry, just saw this! :) If I'm not doing much leg work, the foam rollering is almost painless - almost pleasant in a weird deep-massage way. But any sort of heavy leg workout, especially if it is going to end up in DOMS, seems to cause my muscles to tighten or ball up, especially right above my knees and upper quads/hip flexors. I need to really watch out for parts that hurt or feel tight and roll & stretch them thoroughly, otherwise my knee pain is back within a day. I think that the rolling may reduce the DOMS a bit too, which is always a bonus! My IT bands are pretty good these days so rolling them isn't all that bad.

Stebby

Happy Thursday, All. Today's workout was Imax 3. I didnt have time to finish it all but managed to gain 9 aps for it.
I guess Im not gonna meet that 5 lb challenge. I lost focus for about 2 1/2 weeks and I'm still playing catch up. :( Oh, well. ---- Because , I noticed my waist forming up today. Wooohoooooo! I still have a bit of a gut, but the indentions of the waist were clearly visibly this morning.

b. Cereal, milk - 8
s. yogurt, strawberries, peanuts - 6
l. salad, chicken breast, grapes - 7
s. yogurt, apple - 3
D. brown rice, cream of mushroom soup, chicken breast, broc. - 12
hahahaha no dessert hahahahaha - total: 36

Wow, lots of carbs today. Well, they are good carbs.

Missing my folks....

Hey Melaine and Melissa,

I miss you. Come back to us. We started this together. Lets finish together.

I did 30 minutes of yoga this morning (David Swenson). OMG....I'm more inflexible than I thought!!! If this doesnt help my knee pain, that's okay, but I definitely need to work on my flexibility either way!

Alot of mindless snacking on the peanut m&m's at work today...other than that breakfast was oatmeal, lunch was yogurt, dinner will be a turkey sub.

Tomorrow is a rest day, might do my pushups though.

Shereta.....a Waist!! Woo Hoo!!

Hello ladies!

Just got home and doing Muscle Max before the rest of the family gets here. I really have to force myself to do weights, because I feel like cardio/high calorie burn is the way to lose weight. However, I know how important the weights are, too! So, I am shooting for 3 weight workouts this week (but I'll really be satisfied with two.

No news on the weight loss front. Holding steady at the same weight for 15 days now---so frustrating!!!!

Hope everyone had a great day!

Gianna

Shereta - Great job on seeing the waist. Its so nice to see visible signs of progress.

Gianna - I'm sorry your weight loss is so slow. I definitely feel your pain. I think you have a great attitude about keeping on trying.

Had a good day today. I did IMAX 2 (with just the step platform). It was tough and I couldn't quite keep up, but I'm sure I burned a lot of calories. My menu:

B: cheese omelet
S: apple, banana
L: Smart Ones lasagna florentine (so good and only 290 calories)
S: 4 small pieces of chocolate
D: baked fish, green beans, WW 80 cal popsicle
S: light popcorn

Hi everyone!

Welcome Gianna!

I had a meeting this morning but it was cancelled so I get to play a little....:D

Stebby - No worries, and thanks for getting back to me. I also picked up a book on trigger points since I seem to be one big set of them all over....ugh. I want to get into running but I don't want to get injured so I will take my time and roll, and stretch, and rub out the sore spots...

Shereta - Congratulations on the waist! It's always good to actually see progress after all this hard work.

LauraJane - IMAX2 is a killer.

Stacy - I hear you on the flexibility! I have a couple of yoga DVD's and I always seem to skip over them in favor of a circuit or something that will give me a good burn. But I KNOW I have to work on the flexibility.

Hey, Ladies. No workout today. I over slept. Plan for tomorrow - 2 miles on treadmill and then HSC.

Boilerchick, keep making those modifications on the tough workouts. You will get stronger and stronger.

Stacy, stay away from those M&Ms today.

Gianna, how was Muscle Max?

Suzanne, enjoy your extra time.

I know I overslept this morning and missed my workout. I hate, hate, hate working out in the afternoons. But, I need to so bad cause I'm weighing in in the morning.

Somebody, please, talk me into working out when I get home.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.