Way O/T, but need some feedback...

Donna -

My mouth is open wide and I am so sorry that something like that happened to you. That word is not a part of my vocabulary and I cringe to think that someone would have the audacity to say that to anyone, let alone a person that offered their sincere help!

I believe in the Kharma philosphy, too...what goes around comes around!

Take care and try to put it out of your mind!

Donna,

That was sick.. My mouth about hit the floor when I read that. I am very sorry there still are people like that today.

Deborah - LOL at your flashing WTF! :7

Donna, my mouth flew open too upon reading your post. I almost forgot what century we are in... that is just awful and sadder still is that she will pass that racism down to her children if she has any, or scarily enough, procreates some day.

I am so sorry you had to endure that stupidity. I am Jewish and have had to reconcile with bigotry over the years from ignorant people. I even kept my married name after divorce because my maiden name sparked racism from mean spirited people.

Stay fit and healthy!

-Roe

Not only did my mouth fall open but I gasped when I read your post! It brought tears to my eyes as well. I was always impressed with the story that you posted about your life. But the fact that you gave so much of yourself to this woman to help her shows even more the wonderful and giving woman you are. I would rather tell you of my admiration and give you my good wishes for more success and happiness in life than waste any time on this evil person. You are a treasure to us here.
Carolyn

Donna,

Sweetie, this woman is just plain evil. I can see how you would feel betrayed since she acted all chummy to you for months! I also like the Karma idea, AKA God's retribution! I hope you can take some comfort knowing that some day she WILL have to answer for her unbelievable hatred!

Until then: May the fat of 1000 alfredo dishes go straight to her a$$--she already has plenty between her ears!

Big big hugs to you from me and kitty snuggles from my cat.

Nadine

~~Happiness is an Attitude~~

Oh, Donna I am so sorry. Please do not waist another second thinking about that women. POOF!!! She is gone from your thoughts.

I remember the first time I read your story and looked at your pics and thought, "Wow, what an amazing, inspirational story!" You have only had the kindest words and best advice for us all here on the forums and we love you for it!

Sending you big, big hugs.

Susan

x( I am absolutely disgusted, LITERALLY feeling like I am going to throw up. I am so appalled and saddened by your post. Donna, I have been reading your posts for a long time. You are such a wise soul and so generous of spirit that I can not believe anyone could be so cruel to you.

Robin nailed it -- this stupid woman's comment spoke volumes about her and said nothing about you. I am usually a total pacifist but I'd love to get my hands on her. What a stunned moronic bitch.

Hugs, Willow :-(

---------------------------------------
Non-smoker since June 02/02!!

I'm so sorry Donna. Big cyber hugs for you. ((((((((Hugs))))))))

Just yesterday I was listening to the inspiring story of former Dan Ponder who, while in the Georgia legislature, changed the course of a political debate by delivering a very personal speech about the pervasive nature of hatred and racism which lead to the passing of an anti-hate crime law. I am sometimes stunned how this sort of behavior occurs, especially in a forum (cyber space) that I often think of transcending beyond the constraints of such petty belief systems. The only thing I can say that may be remotely helpful is that I firmly believe it's a matter of consciousness. And it seems that some people truly are not capable of thinking at what appears to be this higher level of consciousness where love and open-mindedness triumph over ignorance and hatred. I'm just very glad you can be here at this forum where the level of consciousness is of a higher level.

(((((and more hugs))))))

(((((Donna))))),
First of all thanks for sharing your experience and emotions. That is quite shoking, disappointing, and eye (mouth!!) opening to realize there still exist people with such closed minds.

Second of all, you have all the right to feel the way you feel. Respect those emotions. I just use one of my favorite quotes and I hope it can help you in the process of healing:

"When you repress your emotions, you are working against them. When you express them harmfully, you are working for them. To expreience them honorably means working with them, so they can heal and protect you as they were meant to."

I hope you find lots of meaningful energy from this experience and how you feel in the most productive, positive way.

Take care of yourself.
Bita:)

Donna
You are a wonderful person as evidenced by all your friends on this forum.
There will always be evil fools in the world, and it is best not to waste time or energy on them. They will get their due in the end.

I admire you, and all that you have shared on this forum. Thank you and please forget about that evil, shallow, person.

You have a friend in me,
Judy

May God always grant you a sunbeam to warm you... a moonbeam to charm you...& a sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you :)

Oh Donna,

Like everyone else has said, I am sooo sorry for you! I have been thinking of you a lot lately wondering where you were. You're posts are always funny, informative, and inspiring. I have so much admiration for you. Your journey to fitness has certainly been an incredible one. I have admired you since the day I started reading the forum.

Please don't take to heart what a foolish, insensitive person has to say to you. Like everyone else has said, she is the one to be pitied!

(((((((Hugs!))))))
Sherry http://www.gif-seite.de/vorschaubilder/smilies/laola.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/Peanut7

Oh Donna,

I was shocked to read your post, I cannot believe how ignorant (and ill educated) some people can be - what she wrote was disgusting. I can't imagine how you are feeling right now, so I am sending you some hugs ((((((Donna))))))

You are one inspiring, thoughtful, generous, and caring woman to me, and I do not like to see this happen to you. I hope you can rise above this appalling experience, and gain inner strength from it.

Take Care, Donna :)

((((((Donna)))))))

Anna

PS: Donna, I hope you block her e-mail......and get her out of your life, she is one person you do not need hanging around.

Donna- Yes, my mouth is open, my goodness, I am so sorry. Everyone has said so much, just know everyone here loves you.
Lori S.

((((((((((DONNA)))))))))) Oh, Donna, that is the MOST hiddeous thing I've heard in a LONG TIME!!!! Yes, my mouth was hanging open when I read what that person wrote to you after she found out your race! OH MY GOODNESS!!! I just want to give you a GREAT, BIG HUG!!!!! And I want to slap that wench right upside her nasty, ugly head!!!!

Donna, I've never experienced racial bigotry, so it would be crazy for me to try and offer you advice on how you should or should not be feeling. The only thing I can offer you is kind and loving words, a cyberhug, and indeed true cyber friendship.

I don't give a rat's rear end what that twit says -- YOU, my dear, are an inspiration to EVERYONE - black, white, or green. I am so proud of your accomplishments, and I am so very sorry that you were treated in such a heinous manner! I'm infuriated, really.

I want to tell you to just shrug it off -- like it's no biggie, but something like that IS a biggie. I imagine you'd have felt better if someone had come up to you and punched you in the gut. Shame on her! Listen, please know that that 'person' is VERY, VERY SMALL and INSIGNIFICANT! However, maybe somehow this will make you stronger in some way??

Here's another big hug for you>>> ((((((((((((DONNA))))))))))))

Hollie

:::still looking for that wench to slap the hell out of:::

Donna - I have some words that really describe you - kind, generous, strong, determined, funny, caring, inspirational - you have so many positive qualities! Please don't give this person another thought - she doesn't deserve your time and energy.

Erica

Yes, Donna, my mouth dropped open and I gasped too. Unbelievable! As another Donna fan, I want to add my cyber hugs to the others you have received. (((hugs))) It sounds kind of corny but maybe if you can find a way to forgive her for her meanness, hatefulness and ignorance it will help your peace of mind. Give yourself time to come to this point. I believe people with hate like that have an empty spot in their soul and that emptiness grows larger all the time. Eventually it will eat her entire soul. ***You are a wonderful person and I don't want her ugliness to steal any of the joy of your life. -joy

WOW!

WOW! I came here this morning thinking there may be a post or 2 that would help me redirect my thoughts on this and saw over 30! Talk about redirection! :)

After reading each of your posts I really have no more ill feelings at all towards this woman. I still feel sorry for her, I'm sure she's either had a really bad experience with a person of color or was raised with her views so in many ways she is a victim. But I feel much better now! I guess just to be reminded that her view is the view of a minority sector and your views are the majority makes me realize that I shouldn't have given her email a second thought. I wasted time even thinking about it!
And Nadine, your post cost me my coffee this morning! :) I read the line, "and may the fat of 1000 alfredo dishes go straight to her a$$," and the coffee I was sipping flew everywhere from the laughter! :) Thanks! :)

You guys just go to show that my original thought was right, here at Cathe, we're just one color, "fitness!"

I love you guys! :)

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

RE: WOW!

Donna said, "We're just one color, FITNESS!"

Hey, wouldn't that be great on the back of a Cathe t-shirt??? :7

(((DONNA))) You are such an inspiration to thousands of people.

That woman is one unbelievably sick and ignorant person. Hold on to those who love and support you, let her words leave your soul.

(((DONNA)))

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.