Updated Picture Trail

My favorite Cathe's are Muscle Max, Muscle Endurance, Power Hour, HSTA and High Step Challenge. I grab those the most. It is not uncommon for me to grab MM, ME and PH all in one week. Mon, Wed, Fri.

As for running or elliptical...kind of varies depending on what I am training for I aim for 45-60 minutes of cardio 5-6 days per week. The 6th day is my big exception...Saturday is my long run and that has been as much as 15 miles. Typically during the week, I will run 4-5 miles. I think incorporating the elliptical leaned out my legs a lot!!

Now, you guys do not need to be doing 3 hour workouts (I sure as hell don't) and lifting dumbbells the size of watermelons. This is a perfect example of X weights lifted = X muscle mass or X strength. I match Cathe with weight selection...except for bicep curls...I shave off 5 pounds on barbell curls because her weight is too much for me.

It's diet. I have really been careful about everything I eat, drinking a lot of water (36 oz. before I even get out of bed). I eat more carbs because I am a runner. Simple carbs early in the day. Mindful eating. I did cut out alcohol entirely (not forever but I don't want it now).

A few other answers...yes, the hair is naturally curly. Other thing different in the pictures is my bottle tan compliments of Loreal SubLime self tanning lotion in Light-Medium.

Thanks so much for all the info, Sarah. I'm currently working on changing my diet. I'm kind of excited to hear total body workouts work so well for you. I may switch over to those and see what happens.

I wish I could run as often as you, but the knees won't let me. Sigh. It's so nice to get outside and run!

Sarah,

You look out of this world!!! You really are an inspiration to everyone on these boards. I am in TOTAL AWE!!!

Sanchia

I just wanted to say that I've always loved your comments on this site, they are always helpful and thoughtful. Also, wanted to mention that your backside looks great, I mean yeah your shoulders look good and your back but that behind is nothing to laugh at, that is sheer muscle!! You go girl!! You look grate and I know you have put a lot of effort into it, so keep up the great work!! You make me think about buying some cute spring workout clothes:.)

I am 4'11.5" so not quite 5 foot. I really think that is why the total body workouts are so productive on my shape...because all of my limbs are so short. It doesn't take much muscle mass to look like I have a decent amount. I have to be careful about the lower body muscles...they can bulk. I have actually lowered my squat weight to 35 pounds and that seems to work.

I think the taller ladies would have better results from lifting heavier and doing splits since they have longer limbs and the muscle is stretched longer. That gives them a greater challenge but hey...life is rough...suck it up because for God's sake...you're tall!!! :p I'll NEVER EVER look like Stacy Keebler!!;( ;( ;(

Thanks so much for the compliments on my glutes. My DH would agree with you...my ass is his favorite, too!!:D

Sarah, how did you like that tanner? Is it a gradual tanner or a tan within a couple hours?

Again, you look AMAZING!! I want your back!!!

I agree with everyone else. You look fantastic! Very tight and fit.

One question. Do you do your cardio and full body weights back to back, or split one in the morning and one in the evening.

I prefer total body workouts also.:)

This stuff is awesome for those obsessed with SPF 45 or higher!LOL!!I LOVE the self tanner...the Loreal Sublime, especially. It is not a bronzer but it seems to start showing right away. If you put a bronzer on and before your next shower you drip water on your leg (or wherever) the stuff runs! Not this stuff. Also, the Loreal does not seem to be rubbing off on any of my clothes, p.j.s or sheets. All the others would sweat off during my workouts but I have never seen a trace of this stuff anywhere. Also, It has never streaked at all, which is rare for a lotion. I love the way it goes on. Most leave your skin dry and matte looking. This stuff leaves your skin super soft and glowing. I can see some not liking it because it may feel slightly greasy, but that feel does go away. I actually like that because I am obsessed with keeping my skin hydrated. I have decided to use it everyday in place of my lotion. I always start practicing with the self tanners in the late winter so I can conceal my mistakes. I haven't had problems with this stuff. I even use it on my face everyday.

Sarah, great, great pix! You hard work shows. I also am using the Sublime tanner and hoping it fills in my splotchiness. I was afraid to use it on my face but may give that a whirl. We missed you Saturday...how did your run go?
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Sarah and others,

Question on the self-tanner, does it have that awful "self-tanner" smell after you put it on? I like how someo of them work now ( way better than the old days when they turned you orange!), but have never found one without that tell-tale smell.. yuk!

Sarah you look absolutely amazing!!! Thanks for sharing all of your pictures and the stretches. A picture is worth a thousand words and yours say a lot. Great job!!!

Sarah,
You look great! I have a question about the Loreal Sublime, Does it have that "smell"? That's the only thing I don't like about self-tanners.

Vickie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.