The 10# Challenge

How do you get the ticker into your posts? I went to the link, keyed in my weight, current weight, and goal weight. I clicked on Update and there is stuff in the boxes on the right. When I went back into the forum, the ticker isn't there. What do I need to click on to make it appear in my posts???

I should know this....

Hey, Debbie, you finally made it! Can you believe the response to this check in! It is so awesome! Anyway, when you key the info into you ticker there is a box there that says "Add to Signature". You need to check that box and you should be good to go!

Hey ladies, would you mind if I joined this check-in as well. I haven't been on the forums in a while and actually haven't been on track with my workouts and eating since January and it's really starting to show in the waistline.

Laura - thanks for suggesting the check-in, I too have a really hard time with weekends. It's like all logic goes out the window and I just want to indulge because for some reason it just doens't count on the weekends :eek:

Linda- thanks for starting this off today, it's been a while since the sweeties check-in last year. I always found your workouts and willpower to be impressive!

Thanks Linda! That didn't work. Like Autumn, I had to go to my Edit Signature, it was there but for some reason not showing up. I put it where I wanted it to go and hit save. Now it's there. Thanks!!!

Just tried on my target goal pair of jeans. Yuck, I can’t even pulled them up. A month ago I could at least do that. Well, got further to go than I had thought. I found when I lost 50# about a year ago, one pant size equaled about 10-15 #.

I am counting calories too on MyPlate webste. The discipline helps. I am also cutting back on fats, salts, and sugars. My meals are generally very healthy but the snacks are what get me into trouble. So my strategy is 3 meals plus only one healthy snack a day.

Last edited:
Hi All

I'd like to join. Would love to lose 10lbs by end of December. My problem is dairy. I have a fettish for low fat natural yogurt and skimmed milk. I know its not junk food but I drink milk by the pint. I think I'll try and get my weigh in on Fridays. Also I'm going to up my cardio a bit as I've been lagging in that area. Weight training I like cardio I hate. Today was Low Max. Tomorrow I'll try a premix of step and do chest and biceps at the gym.

Good luck to everyone. Hopefully my ticker should work.

Love
Laura uk.

Linda- thanks for starting this off today, it's been a while since the sweeties check-in last year. I always found your workouts and willpower to be impressive!

Hi, Maggie. Great to see you here again! Thanks for the compliment. I am still hanging out with Catherine, but now in the Chin-up check-in.

I am soooo in!!!!

I don't need a prize either and can't yet figure out the ticker thing!!!! I am a little pressed for time, but will check in everyday for support and encouragement. I will be very brave and post a bikini pic along with my weight because i want to SEE my results. If you laugh at me or tell me I look pregnant...............I'll laugh right along with you.

Since we have so many people (which is so cool!!!!) can we not get hurt feelings if everyone doesn't do personals everyday???

I am 5'2" and very petite. My current weight is 124#

Good Luck everyone

Attachments

• DSC_0751.jpg
    DSC_0751.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0747.jpg
    DSC_0747.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 48
Can I join?

Hi All,
I'd like to join too! I don't post here often but come and go a lot. Been doing Cathe DVDs since her wedding video. OMG, is that aging me? LOL!

Is there a deadline for the challenge or is that a personal thing? I really need to lose 10 pounds. I think I gained it overnight, does that mean I can lose it overnight ;)

Looking forward to this!!

I am here! I will get my ticker set up tonight. I have been too busy to even get my workout in today. I have spent damn near 6 hours cleaning my kitchen. I cleaned top to bottom. Now my 9 year old can come home from school and mess it up! Anyway, I do plan to get my Insanity workout in tonight. I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread but I will later! :D

Hi, Maggie. Great to see you here again! Thanks for the compliment. I am still hanging out with Catherine, but now in the Chin-up check-in.

Wow chin-ups, you ladies don't mess around! I would be lucky if I squeeked one out, but I guess for now I should just focus on one goal at a time ;)

Wow, what a response! I think the entire Cathe Nation must have 10 lbs to lose. :D

Linda, aren't you curious to see how long this thread can go? ;) Personally, I'd like to be part of the Longest Thread in Cathe.com History.

Bakert, I have that video! LOL! The only "long step" Cathe workout. :p I bet most of us are in the same age range.

Ellie, you & I are about the same height & weight. I'm not as brave as you are though--I'd rather shave my head with a cheese grater than put a bikini on! :eek: We will lose 10 lbs together (BTW I'm thinking about a class w/Cathe in November if she's not too busy, you in?).

Just finished my first workout in over a month. Weighed myself this morning and started keeping track of my food intake again. Don't have time to add the ticker right now but just wanted to be in on this.

OK - I am here and checking my tracker too. I am really happy to be joining you in this 10lb challenge... :)

Today was PUB Up Only. Might try to get in a bike ride later as I didnt get it in on my lunch.

I started WW online a few weeks ago - down 5.5 so far - would really love to get in the 10lbs especially with this challenge!

I'm IN TOO!!! My workout will be walking the dog, as I worked today, and feel like I may be coming down with something. I will work on my ticker when supper is done and the kiddos are in bed!!

Thanks!

Becky

count me in! I weigh in on fridays that is when I go to the nutritionist. I have lost 6 lbs already but still have 20 to go. :eek:.

I just restarted STS this week although I am starting with meso 2. I did and interval run today. workout was about 45 minutes

have a great night
chrissy

I tried to add 2 tickers, one to start today and the one I had going already but I didn't know how.

HOLY MACARONI there's a lot of peeps here!!! This is awesome and so motivating!! :cool: I hope we can keep it up. I would love to "get personal", but I honestly read all 6 pages and can't remember a thing anyone said...:p!

Some mentioned a time frame. I set one for myself: October 31st. Might be unrealistic, but I'm going to give it a shot.

I'm posting my eats for today since according to my rules, I'm officially done eating in 12 minutes, which I plan on wasting surfing the internet while DD is in the shower so that I don't get tempted to eat something I shouldn't..:eek:.

M1: 1/2 cup oatmeal w/1/4 c 1% milk, 1T chopped walnuts, cinnamon & 1/2 packet of splenda
M2: 1 cup of homemade chili
M3: apple & string cheese
M4: 1 cup egg noodles, 4oz 93% lean beef, steamed brocolli, carrots & green beans
Also had 2 cups of coffee this morning with splenda and about 1/4 c 1% milk between the 2. And LOTS of H20!!

Whew...that took 5 minutes. Off to OD to see if I can waste the rest!! See y'all tomorrow!!

Ellie, you & I are about the same height & weight. I'm not as brave as you are though--I'd rather shave my head with a cheese grater than put a bikini on! :eek:

Wow, that's gonna hurt. LOL BTW Ellie, you look great, so this challenge will make you into one smokin' hottie momma.

We do have a huge crew. What fun!!! Let the games begin!!

Right after I joined the challenge, I walked in the break room at work and someone brought birthday cake. I had some and it was good but not what I needed. Therefore, I am invoking a new rule (as much as reasonably possible): if I didn't make it or it wasn't made by someone I know and would call a friend, I can't eat it. Most of my problems lie at work and people bringing all sorts of "not goods". I did redeem my little cake error with my workout. P90x chest and back, 30 run/walk and 15 min walk with the dog. Total calorie burn was 1200. I also increased my mileage by 0.8 mi.

Here were my eats, there is room for improvement but it's a start:
m1-2 egg cups (oxygen abs issue), kashi cereal, milk, 1/2 banana
m2-protein smoothie (milk, kefir, berries, protein powder)
m3-beef and noodles (lean beef, whole wheat pasta, crushed tomatoes), salad with oil and vinegar
snack:cake
m4-bbq pork sandwich, salad with oil and vinegar, and reduced fat potato chips (I know-I really need them out of the house-they are my krypotonite)

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day
Theresa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.