The 10# Challenge

SheWolf

Cathlete
Okay, Let's get this party started. Hoping someone else will chime in on how we are going to run the reward part of this, but I wanted to get started on the weight loss part. Because I really don't care if there is a prize or not, because if I lose the 10# that will be more than enough reward for me!

This morning I weighed in 137.4

I'll have to figure out how to get a ticker going, I guess.

Good Morning!
I'm interested in this challenge; however, I'm not going for the prizes or anything. And I'm not ready AT ALL to post my weight here!! I just am interested in a daily posting to keep myself honest and hopefully lose some weight along the way.:)
I understand if that's a problem and I won't be able to post - I'm not fully aware of all of the 'rules' and such:eek: - but this sounded like a great idea to me and I'm excited to participate (to some extent) if permitted.
So I guess I'll wait to see what others post and go from there!!
BBL
Erin

Hi Linda and Erin!!

Linda, thanks for starting this check-in thread. I looked for it earlier but didn't see it.

I don't think there were any rules, Erin. Personally, I was just hoping to check in every day with maybe calories consumed, workouts completed, etc. Then post my weight-loss (being a little optimistic..;)) on Sunday mornings since that's usually when I weigh myself. I'm not posting my weight, but setting my weight-loss ticker for 10 lbs. I'm also going to use SparkPeople to track my calories since I already have all of my foods in there anyway. Hopefully that's cool with everyone.

So I weighed myself yesterday morning. Not totally surprised or disappointed. Still at the same weight I've been at for years now. This week is my rest week between STS M1 and M2, so it should be interesting to see what happens.

I've established three rules for myself so far: more water, less non-fat pumpkin spice latte's from Starbucks :(, and no eating after 8pm.

Erin - You are more than welcome to join. We've all been struggling to get various amounts of weight off and helping each other achieve that is what this check in is really all about. I am with you, I don't care about the prize either, my reward is getting the weight off and fitting into my clothes and that is all that really matters to me in the end.

And you don't have to post your weight. I only posted mine as a reality check to myself. It's out there and now what am I going to do about it.;)

Last edited:
So should we scrap the prize idea? I'm kind of in agreement w/everyone else--if I lose this 10 lbs I'll be walking on air! :) The weight loss is incentive enough for me.

May I suggest we do a weekly weigh-in on Tuesdays? Mondays are not the best days for me, I'm always carrying a little extra water after the w/e. ;) I'm usually about 2 lbs lighter by Tues & I don't want to fudge anything on this thread. Erin, you don't have to post your weight, but you could post something like 2 lbs lost since 9/14 or something like that.

Linda, I think a ticker is a great idea! Isn't there one on this website somewhere? Where is Debbie? I'm such a techno idiot. :p

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm actually pretty good during the week, it's the weekends that sabotage me. But if I had you guys to think about, maybe I'll do better. :)

Everyone is so nice here!! Since I've been lurking (DAILY!!) for years and years, I feel like I know everyone and then to get responses to threads - it's a strange (but good!) experience! What took me so long to post! :p:p
Thank you Melissa and Laura for suggesting the ticker - I really like that idea.
Right now, I'm using the bodybugg and tracking my calories there and seeing my activity burns for the day. I love the bugg! I started in January of this year after gaining 20 pounds the previous year. The first 10 came off quickly, but I can NOT get these last 10 off for anything. So I'm stuck and am looking forward to posting with fitness friends in the same boat!
So I weighed myself today (I'm a daily weigher) and I'll go from there.
Are we going to have an 'official' post-your-weight day??

Hi everyone! I'm the same way...I don't care if there's a prize involved. I'm just looking for motivation to get back on the exercise train. 10# is about the amount that I need to lose to get to my prepreggo weight. And even more importantly, back into my prepreggo clothes. I have a whole new appreciation for my old wardrobe. I thought I had "nothing to wear" before my daughter was born. Ha!

Off to do Musc Max while son is at preschool and daughter is down for a nap.

BBL,
Tana

Hi, Tana, Melissa and Laura.

I got my ticker going!:D

Laura - As far as the prize goes just wait it out and see as more people check in. If the majority wants it then I will gladly put in for it, but if not that is okay too!

I don't know about the weigh in day, because It think it may be different for all of us.

I'm in too! I don't know how to do a ticker, but I'll play around and see if I can get it figured out.

This morning I weighed 115.4... And before anyone freaks out, I'm only 5'0, so every little bit shows :)

Taylor

I am still in! Weight in this morning, let's see what happends! the only prize I want, is to lose those 10 pounds:p

BTW, Linda! I did CCV3 on the TreadClimber this morning, burned 580 cal. My back was fine! I am so happy for that. Thank you:D

I weighed myself this morning and I am a few pounds heavier than I hoped to be. I did pretty well this summer and then just started eating nonstop the last week of August and haven't stopped.

I weighed in at 148.6. I had hoped I was around the 145 mark so I guess my ultimate goal will be 13.6 pounds. But at my age, I'll just be glad for the 10 to get back under 140.

My workout today was more 1RM's since I am going to start STS next week.

Thanks for starting this Linda!

Hello to all!

OK, Ticker has been added. Weight was noted this morning, and we are off and running.

I agree, scrap the prize. I'll buy myself some fitness something or other when I get those 10# off!!

Laura, and all other ticker inquiries.....go to the Cathe fun page and that's where you add the tickers.

My knee has still not healed entirely so I am walking and light KB for cardio. May make this 10 pound weight loss seem like an eternity. At least we're all in this together!!!:eek::eek:

Last edited:
Laura, and all other ticker inquiries.....go to the Cathe fun page and that's where you add the tickers.

You say that as if it's obvious. I think you missed the part of my post where I described myself as a techno idiot. :eek: LOL! Can I get a link please? Erin, are you trying to lose 20 lbs? ;) BTW, glad you came out of lurkdom. Nothing like weight loss to get a woman to do something she normally wouldn't. :D

Laura - I KNOW!! :eek: I saw where someone posted that the ticker is on the cathe fun page so I think I can handle adding the ticker and go to the page to add it. Well, it obviously didn't work out as planned and here I am with TWO 10 pound tickers!! LOL I want to delete the one, but now I'm too afraid to because I'll probably lose them both!! I'll have to play around with it later and see what I can do.
So true - the hopes of weight loss will make one do things she never thought possible!! Thanks for the welcome!
Erin

Erin,
Yesterday I had two weight loss tickers in my signature too. If you go to User CPU under signature you can delete one. It took me forever to figure that out.

I agree that the best prize I could have is actually losing this weight.

I weighed in this morning and finished STS Disc 1.

Now off to eye appointments and to do school with my son.

Diane

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.