The 10# Challenge

Hi all! I weighed in at 126.4 this am and I'm not happy about it! Just 6 wks ago I was 119 and only 4 lbs from where I wanted to be... don't know what happened...well, I do, but don't want to admit that I've been slacking. Anyways, I'm grateful for this check-in, and like the others, the prize for me will be taking off 10 lbs!!

Part of my plan is to drink more water and start sticking to a rotation. Since I finished STS, I've been floundering, but I don't want to re-start STS until Shock Cardio comes. Last night I did Kick Max and today I've got Bootcamp on the agenda!

I'll try to do a ticker when I get a chance. Good luck ladies!!

Ok - I feel like a total idiot because I still can't figure it out!! :eek:
Thanks so much, Diane, for your help. Do I have to go back to the cathe fun link to change it?? I'm so embarrassed, but I don't even know what a User CP is, nevermind the CPU!! LOL

Wow! So great to see everyone here! With all this support we should do great!!!! Now where is Debbie (Fitnessfreak)?

Bayerngirl - That is so terrific!!!! I am so happy that you found something you could do and I am glad I could help!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just testing my ticker... thanks for posting the link, because I would've never found it otherwise!:D

Last edited:
Ok - I feel like a total idiot because I still can't figure it out!! :eek:
Thanks so much, Diane, for your help. Do I have to go back to the cathe fun link to change it?? I'm so embarrassed, but I don't even know what a User CP is, nevermind the CPU!! LOL

Erin - Right under Cathe's picture on the Forums page you will see a light blue box that tells you what forum your are in, right under that there is a darker blue block with a bunch of headings in it. "USER CP" is the first heading all the way to the left. Click of it , then on the left side of the screen will be alist of things you can do. Click on "Edit Signature" First you will see your current signature then below it will be a box the looks like the posting boxes do which will contain the info for your signature. Click on one of the ticker and a box will appear around it, then hit delete, then save. You should be good to go at that point.:D

I'm in, too! Thanks for starting this challenge!

I have 16 pounds to lose, although 10 would be heaven. I'm 5'11" .... it seems like I have to lose more to have it show.

I want to disclose that I just had surgery on Thursday (umbillical hernia) - my abdomen is pretty swollen and my weight is up about 5 lbs. I've been drinking a TON of water to try to flush everything out, but I'm a slow loser - a pound a week usually.

I'm planning on doing a very modified workout today. I'm trying to take it easy but my brand new Club and High Steps, all shiny and new, are calling from the basement! So happy to have finally ditched the Reebox step!

Good luck everyone!!!!

Hello Ladies-
I would love to join this challenge as well. I put on 10 ex pounds when I already had at least 15 to go. I will add my ticker later as I only have a few precious moments at work. I am 5'9" and weight 189.5. I will re-weight on Thursday as just got done with ttotm and I always carry a little extra after that. My goal is more than 10 pounds, as I would like to lose 20-25 total. At this point I would really be happy with 170. I am currently doing p90x. My problem lies on the weekend when I induldge in adult beverages (now I drink crystal light and vodka because I had a fitness competitor friend tell me it will do the least damage). I need to clean up my weekend eating (eating out or too much), cut down on the sweets, and cut out the junk. I usually weight on Thursdays and will post an update there. Will the thread be everyday?

Linda-I saw on Debbie's post from yesterday that she had to take her mom to an appt.

BBL
Theresa

Testing my ticker!

I'm just getting started here (as in I've been around for 2 days, LOL), so thanks for the link!

Is everyone going to list their workout for the day? I'll go ahead and do mine just in case...

I ran 2.4 miles, then did a 2 mile walking DVD.

Taylor

Dayna - Enjoy the new step, but be careful! New equipment is always fun!

Theresa - Hi! Thanks for the update, I went back and checked out the weekend thread and saw where Debbie had an appointment this morning.

Taylor- Nice to have you here. I did Meso 3 Disc 25 Chest & Shoulders this morning.

Hi everyone!
I'd like to join you all as well. Sometimes I'm not good with check-ins (forget to post) but I'll do my best here. :)

I didn't weigh myself this morning so I'll do it tomorrow. My goal is to lose 10 lbs. by the end of the year (or earlier). I started the undulating STS rotation last week so I'm now in week 2. So far, I like the idea of rotating the meso's around so it feels "new" every week. I mostly run for cardio but like to do other things sometimes.

Glad to see lots of people interested in this check in!

Kathy G

Hey, can I join?

I need to lose about 15lb to be at the weight before my son was born. That was 15yrs ago:eek:.

My husband and I have sort of started our own little challenge. He seems to lose weight so much easier than me.

I did KPC/L&G circiut premix this morning and a 2 mile walk with my puppy.
I really slack with my eating on the weekend. Why is that?

I am going to weigh and measure myself today. I will increase my water(which is real hard for me) and count my cals.

Hi ladies! Can I join too? I think I have the ticker going. :)

I'm 155 and would be thrilled to get to 145. I've been hovering between 150 and 158 for years now. I had maintained around 148 for a few months last fall but have been gradually adding pounds this year as my running has increased. I think I've struggled with fuelling my runs while maintaining my weight.

I had one half marathon in April and a second last weekend. Now I'm planning to do short runs (3-4 miles) most days of the week before work and then do weights or cardio+weights 3 times a week in the evenings.

I'm tracking calories on my iPhone (lose it) but my downfall like many here is weekends.

I'd be happy if I could lose the 10 pounds by Thanksgiving. I start training for a full marathon right around Christmas.

Last edited:
Linda - Thanks so much for taking the time to explain that to me! All of this hub-bub with the ticker - sheesh!! :p:p
Hopefully, my next post will be with one less ticker!
Erin

Welcome, Cindi & Elaine!

Elaine - most men seem to be able to lose weight pretty quickly when they put their minds to it! But I have one worse, my DH never gains weight he has been the same weight for the 18 years that I have known him.:mad:

As fast as this check-in is growing I think we will have to start a new thread each day.:D

Wow, I can't believe how many pages this thread is already!!! Linda, thanks for starting it. I haven't had time to read all the pages yet, but I will.

I'm on. I weighed in today and OMG! I cannot believe how much I weigh. I just got back from vacation and I've gained some incredible amounts of weight. I am very unhappy with myself right now. So I have about 15# to lose, but will be happy with 10#.

I'm ok with no prize too. Doesn't matter to me.

My weigh in days are Saturdays.

Today is my first day to start this 10# thing.

So I got on the scale and I'm up to 141#. I haven't seen that weight in YEARS. I am ashamed and pissed off. I haven't let myself get like this is years and it's time to get back on my program.

I will log my foods each day here when I can. Today is out because I had to take my mom to the doc's and I just now got to eat. So today is shot, but I will eat clean all day. I just won't log until tomorrow.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Whew! I made it here. That is an accomplishment. :) I am terrible with check-ins but will do my best. My goal is to lose 12#s maybe more... I'll have to see how I look and feel. I've carrying baby weight for 5 years now - so I guess I can't blame my baby anymore. :D I know my main obtacle... my eating undermines my workout efforts. :eek: Soooo, I will clean up my eating.

My H.S. reunion is the 1st weekend of October, so I would like to have a few pounds gone by then.

It is about time to ring the school bell (I homeschool). BBL (I hope :))

How do you get the ticker into your posts? I went to the link, keyed in my weight, current weight, and goal weight. I clicked on Update and there is stuff in the boxes on the right. When I went back into the forum, the ticker isn't there. What do I need to click on to make it appear in my posts???

I should know this....

How do you get the ticker into your posts? I went to the link, keyed in my weight, current weight, and goal weight. I clicked on Update and there is stuff in the boxes on the right. When I went back into the forum, the ticker isn't there. What do I need to click on to make it appear in my posts???

I should know this....

I had this too - I thought it would automatically be added. After completing the weight info on the linked page and not finding it added to my sig, I went to User CP, edit sig, and hit save. I came back and my ticker appeared. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.