Taking it to the Max-- June 2013 thru...

Got in 4D Kickbox, from the Nov rotation, I think I'm on week 2. Tomorrow is a short one: STS TB upper body, maybe I'll sneak in those lunges that I didn't get to on Sunday. But I'm out from 8-5 tomorrow so I'm not sure how likely that is! Tomorrow is the last day of Co op and there are performances and a lunch afterwards, not to mention my Bible Study's brunch! That's 30 min east towards Philly and then I head another 15-20 east to get my hair highlight and cut for Christmas and then I pick up the middle boys at my mom's (she's 10 min from our church where co-op. Then I finally go home and make a quick pasta dinner (that I won't eat until I get back from WW) and then I go to WW. Hopefully I'll be able to just eat what I plan. I've got a smoothie planned for breakfast, I may add eggs if time, then homemade mushroom barely soup and apple for lunch and some cashews for a snack.

Renee-your workouts sound amazing, I'm looking forward to trying the yoga max and yoga relax and hope I can get into it. Sorry the candle lighting was so tough.

Katie- your weather sounds even worse than ours! On Sunday we were supposed to go into Philly for Angel Tree (presents to kids who's parents are in prison) but the "light storm" hit us really bad. We went to my mom's for lunch and it took us 20+ min to get back and when we turned on the street where our church is, we had to turn around. And then it took us 1.5 hours to get home! We had to try different routes because our tires are bald and everything was so icy. Today we got 3-4 inches and the kids did about an hours work of school work after a french toast breakfast (thanks to Hubby) and then went out sledding for the rest of the day. So what was supposed to be a light day with math and history projects, has turned into a big day for them, except for my 2nd grader, he actually did most of his work yesterday and today.

Yesterday was absolutely horrible for homeschooling day: after being in the snow all day Sunday and recovering from the weekend, no one could concentrate. So they all have something to do from Monday math is the subject that nobody completed, and they are all very good at math, the middle boys are at the end of their books so it's a lot of review, not hard, just many problems and my 7th grader is doing pre-algebra so it's a little challenging for him. Hopefully they can all get some work done at my mom's for the middle 2 and in the car for the oldest, since I need him to help me with Little K during my hair cut!

We finished shopping for our Christmas crafts but only 1 child has done something with them and he isn't supposed to get out the paint without permission. But he's 9 so there actually wasn't a mess.

OK- gotta go to bed!

Good job you guys. You stay busy but keep on chugged along!

I did to the max today that was hard!!! Geez I used to think crossfire was harder now it seems TTM is harder eek yesterday I did x train all upper body 79 minutes!! Ouch my arms are hurting today. Then I tacked on some AOLiH that night because I was suppose to done that on Sunday but did body max instead. Tomorrow is HS

Renee- I don't know how you get in so much time!

I did Tabatacise 1-3 (first time ever! I've only ever done the first 2.) My legs are so sore!!

Either B&G or GS Legs tomorrow. :)

Lady Lep I guess I have more time now for the workouts. I don't have a job yet so I try to make it a priority now while I have the chance.
I am planning to go looking for another job around the first of the year. It is just not what I want to do yet till after the holidays.
I did 3 miles jogging yesterday and then today I did x 10 on the cardio blast, then I did the x train legs.

Renee-good luck on the job search!

I did LIS LIChallenge this morning, the premix that was 31 min.

Hi Katie!

Off to ice skating with the kids!

Hi everyone
I was suppose to do x10 fat burn and legs and abs today but I did the lower body premix of MM and x 10 fat burning. It was all under an hour so I got some cardio and lower body my plan tomorrow is upper body Cross train express or burn sets upper and an added 30 minute premix of the greatest hits. I like to do a little cardio after I lift. I use to do cardio and then left but I find my muscle kick in better or get stretched good if cardio is last. Seems to help.
Yesterday was I forgot now lol oh jogging 4 miles I went longer because ... I locked myself out of the house!! I took my key off key ring locked the doors looked down at my key and it was to my car! I had to wait outside till someone came home! Good thing It was a nice day out! Me and Bruno my sons dog hung out. I let him in a night that's where we bond. I will get right down there and cuddle! He is huge but a gentle giant! He is a blue nose bit bull. My son babied that dog! He us so sweet. If he wants my attention he will stand up on hind legs front legs and body on me and he pushes his face into me then I scoot back and open my lags some and he will actually put his butt in my lap and lean back like a baby!! He weighs 90 pounds pure muscle! I will have to add his picture to my profile page here! He is pretty, and some nights I'll bring him in and I can smell my son on him! It's strange but my boy worked at Firestone as a technician and that smell like fresh air and garage with oil is what he smelled like when he came home from work. Well I smelled that on Bruno. Gish I wanted to cry but was comforting cat the same time.

image-1534606870.jpg

image-1203218428.jpg

hi girls! sorry it has been so long! the kids have had crazy schedules and too many performances to count, but we just finished up nygel's last cello lesson until after break and everyone had their last day of school until the new year. I am grateful for that, as sleep has still been rough and the early mornings just get to be so difficult. anyway, I have still been working out every day, though I am trying to get in the primary series two times a week now, and that has to be instead of cathe cardio/weights, as it takes 90 minutes. today was a timesaver from great glutes, as I had to cram it in between all our running around. yesterday I did x10 the premix with low impact, cardio blast and circuit. I still think x10 is tougher than CF or tabatacise for me, no clue why? maybe since there aren't any timers!:p tonight we are headed to a party at my sister's house for my brother who had his bday yesterday, and tomorrow I am working, followed by a church performance for the kids on sunday, so another busy weekend ahead-- but no getting up at 5!

renee-- that is so wonderful that you can love your son's dog and that he brings you some comfort-- he is adorable! I love pit bulls and get irritated by the bad rap they receive-- I always say there are no bad breeds, just bad owners. he looks as sweet as can be, and I bet your son is grateful to you that you are caring for him now. way to go on all the workouts! lucky you did not lock yourself out where I live! that would be dangerous at this time of year!

ladylep-- great job on tabatacise! sounds like you are getting lots of great workouts in as well! hope you had fun skating! I never learned how-- isn't that weird? especially since I grew up in mpls. guess my parents never knew how, so neither did us kids.

hope everyone has a good weekend!

katie

Renee- love the pictures!! It's so neat you can smell your son on him.

Katie- I don't know how you get so much time for workouts!! I'm having trouble getting 30 min!

No workout yesterday but i did sneak in Crossfire triple tabata 30 min.

My green band broke earlier this week, it had a hole in it and finally snapped. Do you think they would replace it?

Hi ladies,
Yes it is very nice to cuddle with Bruno I have a lab I cuddle with too but he is a little stinky!! He won't take a bath! So Bruno he loves baths! Bruno usually smells kind of like a horse smells if I don't bath him a week but I think that is a better smell then my lab ew he smells like cheese!! Lol my sons dog Bruno smelled like my son only two times since he had been here. That's why I found it comforting. Cause it was unexpected it brought him in side to sleep cause it was cold and as he came in the door that smell of a machanic in a garage with what smells like fall mixed in was so strong! That is how ryan smelled after his job! And when he came in it brought ryan close to me! I thought hum wonder if god gave Bruno that sent to comfort him in the cold? It is sad cause he will Howl on some days and can't sit still. Poor fella not sure if he is howling for his daddy or just howling. My son was fantastic with dogs! He taught are lab to Howell on demand and to "talk" to us and to give paw. And his dog Bruno is judge but he taught him to actually jump into Ryan's arms and he try's to do me like that! Ouch lol he will give paw sit and Howell if ryan would start it then they Howell together lol so I think he is wanting him back.
Okay I did muscle max lower body last night and x10 fat blast and today I was suppose to do a step workout or jog but I really wanted to hit my arms more then once a week I wanted two times a week upper and two for lower so I did mm upper body premix then I was gonna jog or step after me and my friend hung out today but I didn't get home in time. So tomorrow was a rest day but since I didn't get my cardio I am going to do it tomorrow I think.

hi girls! hope everyone is doing well! yesterday the kids had their performance at a church way out in Chanhassen (about a 25-30min drive from mpls). rik took us out for indian brunch afterwards, for which I wasn't feeling hungry, but ate something anyway and ended up feeling pretty miserable for the rest of the day. not sure what the deal was. I had gotten up by 6 and did HiiT pyramid and felt okay for that, but queasiness hit mid morning and the rest of the day was pretty miserable. we did watch scrooge with jim carrey last night and I was finally feeling better by then. ate a bowl of cheerios from trader joes and almond milk for dinner:rolleyes:. that was about all my stomach could handle. everyone else loved the indian food, though, and it's great how many vegan choices there were.

so, today I did rockout knockout plus some yoga. I haven't taken a rest day in over a week so that I can take Christmas off. think I will do flextrain tomorrow, or AT. today has been a lazy day-- the kids and I have been home just hanging out (minus all their practicing!). it is super cold here-- 20 below windchills-- so not sure I will even venture out to walk bugsy.

how are things going with you guys, renee and ladylep? guessing everyone is busy!

I am still missing Melissa and eva:). sending them happy holiday wishes.

love and peace,

katie

Hi Katie! Sounds like your busyness with performances hasn't stopped you from working out a ton! I would love to try one of the yoga's of Cathe's from LIS after a good workout, but I never can take the time.

I'm hosting so I still need to finish cleaning, make sticky buns, buy shrimp and scotch tape, wrap and get to church by 5 tomorrow night. Whew! I need to go to bed!

Hi Renee!

Got in Super Cuts today, or yesterday rather. I hope to get in AOLIH in the morning.

Merry Christmas!!

Katie I'm ok. I got in Supercuts and I did a timesaver premix of RK it was so I can burn extra calories I over ate big time yesterday!
Anyway I see you both are really busy! I'm not, not really I just find things to do. Write, write poems, read exercise play with Bruno, rack leaves so I find stuff to do and have more to do but it's the more to do part I am lacking in motivation!
We had plans to finish projects but hubby and I have lost motivation to do it.
Well still keeping up with the workouts, that good. Have a blessed day

Today was burn set shoulders chest and tris and party rocking step 1
Yesterday was bi and back burn sets then did the low impact step portion of x 10.
I had a ruff day mentally. Cried a lot but tried to keep my mind occupied so I watch silly movies and slept a lot!

hi girls! renee, sorry yesterday was tough for you:(. I imagined it would be so. it ended up being very rough for me, too:(. Christmas eve was really nice with the kids and we spent it with two of my nieces and my niece's dh and kids, Christmas morning was also very nice-- just rik and I and the kids and I think the kids got what they wanted. but Christmas day we headed over to my sister's and things went downhill from there. my sister had posted something on fb about animals that kind of bothered me (being vegan and an animal right's believer). anyway, I had posted back that I think we humans do things far worse than any animal could ever do, and we do it with a full conscience. apparently, she really was upset by that and chose yesterday to be completely rude about it. she had baked/grilled some red meat that, sorry for my opinion, really looked pretty gross to me. I did not say a word, but she kept shoving it in my face and asking if I wanted some (knowing I am vegan). then she gave some to rik, who said he didn't want any and then she said for him to eat it anyway. long story short, I really felt like she showed no respect at all for my core values and I did not feel like staying there. I did for a while so the kids could be around their cousins, but the day really felt like a total drag and I think I will be keeping some distance from her and from fb in the future, which is really sad as it also was the first year without mom. my sister can be that way, though, and it just gets to be too much. I wouldn't go shoving my beliefs at someone, but I also don't appreciate someone being so disrespectful of mine:(. sorry to go into all the gory details, but it really bummed me out. oh well, time to move on I guess.

I didn't get barely any sleep last night and my stomach has been a bit queasy, but I did manage to drag myself up this morning and did CSS-- short but at least I feel like I burned some calories.

hope you are hanging in there, renee:)

ladylep-- hope you had a nice holiday!

better get busy,

peace,

katie

Hi Katie,
gee that sounds like a couple of my real sisters. I try to get along with them but one is mean when she drinks and that is often lol. She is rude to everyone and I was suppose to be her fav sister but she ended up being rude to me a few times to many. So I started taking up for myself and they don't like that.

The other one has actually fist fight with two other sisters lol and I tell ya it is over silly stuff. Can you imagine that? in late 40 and 50 fighting lol
Well This one in particular is always woo is me attitude and her life is going nowhere and she is bored. I give her ideas and try to pep her up she wont have none of it. It is like she likes to Waller in the depression. I told my counselor that it is like some people are even addicted to being depressed. No I am not saying it isn't real it is, and I suffer from it too with good reason. However I TRY to do things to get out of it like walks jogs helping other people even small stuff like buy elderly lady there lunch but not let them know who paid for it. It is things like that that helps. Anyway it is a long story you may have seen her posts a few times. She is either bored or ranting about something lol.. I love them I do. But some siblings will take the energy and zap it out of you. So I understand where you are coming from on the sisters not respecting what you value or believe. I am trying to go Vegetarian but it is so difficult when people are at you like that. I have that to. But like here what I do is I fix meat for them cause that is what they want but I don't eat it and I think it is disgusting, and seeing how the animals are treated makes it worse. I have one sister who saw a post I had a bout pigs and how they were treated but I forgot that her and her boyfriend put in pig feeders so they get money from that. She was saying to me on fb as well that well this is some peoples way to make money blah blah I just ignored it.. I mean if that is what she wants and likes so be it. But I would rather not and if I respect her then she should respect me as well.

Today I am suppose to do CLB not sure what I will do because I just got the big Bruno dog back from the vet and he is groggy I have to keep him int he house for 10 days, of course he needs to go pee but they say his privates will stay cleaner if he is in doors. He is at my feet. poor fella if I walk out the room he follows me so I feel if I exercise I may excite him to much.. I may do CLB tomorrow and step on Friday and Push pull on Saturday, Saturday was a rest day but if I am taking one today then I have to make sure I do the work out then. I hate skipping my workouts now. I think I am getting addicted to them.

exercise is what makes me feel good and I am Finally going up in the lifting weights slightly. I was only using the 12 and 15 pounds dumbells for chest press now I am using 20 pounds for chest press. and 15 for flys!! and on the shoulders I was doing 8 then 10 now I did 12 pounds on burn sets. It took me almost over a year to go up in weight that I can do all the reps. so now I can do all reps but I am really pushing it, and I love to do that. it makes all the stress go away for that time I am lifting

last night I tried Party rocking step 1 and I was afraid to but I did it all really well till combo 5 and 6 it was tricky but I still kept going and it was fun, got my brain occupied off of Christmas and my son even if it was just for that hour. I noticed I have been getting in longer workouts to, like I used to do just weights one day and cardio the next but some days I double up and I hope it is helping me lose. I have made sure not to eat much like I did after mom past and I went to the doctor I lost 8 pounds so far however I just gained 2 back in the last week because I think eating peanut butter again!! At night, that is when I started watching a lot of tv I usually do not watch tv. But since this happened I stay up till 3 and 4 watching True blood and stuff. so now I am into teen wolf not as occupying as trues blood and The vampire diaries are so I end up eating grr.

Well at least I am not gaining to much.. I am hoping to get more definition soon. I may go back to butt bible level 2 and 3 again to get the foundation right again. That is where I am the weakest my legs, ever since I had surgery on my feet it made it hard to do lunges and it still is so I have to go very light on those. And I have to work up to my squats with the barbell but I am up to 30 pounds on that where before I could only do 15 maybe 20 and not all the reps. Now it is 30 and it doesn't hurt my back like it used to. I think that is because I didn't give up. I wont either I am way to stubborn.

Well I do hope everyone of you had a nice Christmas, I guess I was feeling a little grumpy and sad.. I really just felt it was unfair and I think why me? But then again I think im not that great it isn't about ME. It is about Ryan and God what God felt is or was best for Ryan. I don't know it is a battle all the time. I can hear Ryan telling me at least he didn't have more stress of life and pressures, cause it did seem he had a hard time with life in general. I still miss him and it is just unbelievable.. I am sorry I keep talking about him. I do have a page on fb I go tell things to for moms like me.. and they seem to understand because they know how I am feeling. It is nice. Well okay I will shut up now lol

Have a great day and I mean that with all my heart. I pray for all of you children and your families. I sure know this world needs all the prayers it can get. :rolleyes:

Hi Renee and Katie- So sorry you had rough Christmases. It's sad when people especially family can't respect each other. My sil is a vegetarian (I was vegetarian and then vegan for a short time, mainly for health reasons that turned to ethical but then went back to eating meat for health reasons. But I try to buy clean meats and shop mostly at Whole Foods Market for my meat.) so I always have a vegetarian option for her. Yesterday we had a ham (I don't eat ham, but it was a gift from Hubby's work), roast beef, turkey, rolls, cheese, veggie pasta salad, Caesar salad, pineapple and strawberries, pumpkin bread, cookies, cupcakes and a chocolate tuxedo cake (Costco). I ate way too much! Also, our family is split between some are extremely liberal and extremely conservative (guess where I fit in?? :) ) and some are devout Christians while others are in name only or don't want to be associated with Christianity in any way. We stay focused on the kids, don't talk politics, but Christianity does come up. It is who I am, not going to stop. But try to be loving and tolerant of those with different views. I don't push meat any her face or anyones. I tried to be gracious and cook and serve the ham, which I find gross. Well, I find bacon and pork chops gross. I eat turkey ham sometimes, so it wasn't that bad. Plus it was fully cooked, thankfully!

I had a great Christmas! Exhausted but great! I was up until 3:30 on Christmas Eve and 2 the night before and up before 7 on both mornings. Last night I was in bed by 11:30 and the kids let me sleep until 9:10!! They did wake me at 7 and 8 but I went back to sleep.

Christmas morning we had my Mom and Stepfather, Roger come for the first time to see the kids go down the steps. Normally they hold on to each other's shoulders and say "chug a chug..." but since it was Wednesday, they hid a whole "Hump Day" thing. It was cute. I made my annual sticky buns from scratch and had 6 myself! They are about the third the size of a store bought one. Then around 2 my in laws, brother in pan, his wife and toddler and my Dad and Stepmom, Patty came over. And we really had a great time. The kids got Xbox from my mom and Roger, chocolate and cameras/gift card from my Dad and Patty and DSes and airsoft gun from my in laws. My mom and Roger gave us money for a new bed! Our bed is almost 18 years old and we are so in need of a new one. Little K got a huge stuffed dog from my Dad and Patty and he loves it! He is so cute with it! I hope we get a dog someday. I just can't handle it right now.

I stubbed my toe so badly the other day that a portion of the nail was split and ripped off and hurts so bad that I decided to try Yoga Relax today, plus I'm super tired. It was ok. It took me a while to get into being relaxed. It was difficult with 2 DSes going on behind me and Little K trying to climb on me. But they all left when I had about 15 min left. I hope my toe feels better enough to wear sneakers tomorrow. I'm on week 4 of the Nov rotation. I have HS with heavy bag for tomorrow. I don't have the bag but I heard you can try it w/o?

Attachments

• DSCF4727.jpg
    DSCF4727.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 3
hi girls:). thank you so much for sharing your family stories with me. it helps to hear other families have similar issues. I am still upset with my one sister and plan to keep my distance for a while. everyone else I have talked to and asked their opinion on the day's happenings has agreed that she was being really rude. the kids and I watched "the family stone" on Christmas and that made me feel better, too;). (though it is super sad with the mom passing away).

ladylep-- great photo of your family! you all are a handsome bunch! glad you had a good Christmas. hope that your toe feels better!

renee-- way to go on your workouts and all your gains in strength! that is so fantastic! how is Bruno doing today? I think it is so great of you to have taken him in. I think you should feel free to talk about your son! I still talk about my mom all the time! it is good that you have some support groups, too. I, for one, want you to do and say whatever helps with your grieving. I bet ladylep feels the same.

I am taking care of my niece's little ones again in a few minutes-- getting ready for the craziness of 4 little ones coming through the door in addition to my own. hoping little jameson is in a good mood today!

hugs,
Katie

p.s. I totally forgot to even mention my workout! I did party rockin step 2 today-- I actually like that one! and I am not a step person!:D tomorrow is normally a rest day, but will probably do a long yoga practice.

okay, going for real now!

Ladylep
I love ur picture! Beautiful family! I am happy you had a good time! And wow money for a new bed! I am crazy about my bed! Don't get a sleep number! We had one and it kept losing air !!
We wanted a temperpedic but I could not afford a king sized and we really was tired of the full size one. To small lol. So we got a Serra version of temperpedic it is wonderful. I have had it for three years and it feels great still.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.