Taking it to the Max-- June 2013 thru...

hi girls! popping on to say hello. today I did tabatacise-- all 5 levels-- and then 18 mins of yoga. I am feeling fried as alec's opera has been running all week (final show today) and I have not been sleeping well:(. probably about 4 1/2 hours a night lately. Friday and Saturday ended up being rest days, minus walking the dogs, but I feel like I needed it as I am also fighting a cold. anyway, I am here plugging along. oh, and my bday was last Thursday, but spent it running around with the kids. did have vegan cake that night, though!

renee-- I sure hope your headaches go away soon! so awful! hope you are taking care of yourself, as best you can these days.

ladylep-- that is so cool that you lost weight on that rotation. not sure when I will do one again, but maybe during the holidays just to keep myself on a certain track. I am still really liking the new workouts, though.

better dash. have to bring alec to the u of m in another hour.

peace,

katie

I did 20 min of the kick max blasts in hardcore extreme interval blast or something like that. Some of those jumps squats or pliés kill me! Yesterday I did butt and guts and maybe it was the upper body portion of BM2 before that.

Katie- your workout today sounded intense! I hope you fight off that cold!

Renee-I'm liking this rotation so far. Tomorrow is flex trained the BBW. But I'll be subbing super cuts. But I'm not going to be able to wake up at 5:30 tomorrow morning going to be so late.

hi girls.

well, I didn't think I would even attempt a workout today since I had horrible insomnia last night:( not sure what my deal is lately. I went to bed around 10:15 and was up until after 3, and then my alarm goes off at 5:40. anyway, it was pretty rough. this morning I was really dragging and was supposed to go in for a client this afternoon, but I rescheduled that and did legs and abs, 15 minutes of meditation (hope that helps my nighttime racing mind) and then this afternoon took bugsy for a walk.

ladylep--kick max is tough! you have been doing a great job with the rotations! wish I were more motivated to try one, but October and November look pretty intense and with so much impact, I am afraid of injury. I have had tennis elbow lately, too, which kind of messes up any rotation plans. I will be curious to see what it is for December, though. maybe I will try it.

hello renee! was fun to see you and Melissa on fb last night:)

alright. better go figure out dinner.

peace,

katie

Katie

Yes it was I love fb as u can tell! Lol I made Ryan's memorial page to I felt good hearing how he helped a girl named Sarah cause i did try to tell them to take up for the less fortunate. Plus this girl was in special Ed with my older son so I think ryan had a soft spot for them anyway. But I read that story and it really made my day because that is how ryan really was. He was soft hearted and cared a lot and I guess he took afterward on that but my other son rocky he is very soft hearted to. But I am so happy he stuck to who he really is. If you didn't read it or can't tell me and I'll post it here! It was sweet
I did total body tridents express.. It was 48 minutes I didn't want to do MM tonight cause it was over an hour. Maybe MM will be Thursday.
I want a rotation with split weight training or full body. I don't want to spend almost an hour on just parts. That way I can hit all groups at least two times in a week. I'm gonna look for a rotation like that.
Yesterday I jogged, I can't remember if I said that yesterday or not! I can't remember anything right now!!

Hi! I got in super cuts and BBW in!! I didn't think I would be able to do it especially because super cuts was a lot harder than I remember. Those sit outs, kick outs and the last one with sit ups and push ups, which I end up doing on my knees after the first set, are super tough! I'm sure I'll be felling it tomorrow! Tomorrow is X10, I've never done 3 parts before only one at a time. I'm thinking about X54 step, low impact and fat burning, I think the last one is. It will mainly depend on time I think.

Hi Renee and Katie!

Hi lady Lep! U r doing great!! Dang I don't know If I'd be able to move with that rotation! Looks hard!!

Today I did party rocking step 2 I really liked that one!! I was beat red and wet! It was not hard choreography wise but yes it was hard as far as a high intense wo! Maybe it's just me cause I'm used to just easy jogs, but this was perfect hard!! Like its not hard hard but it was fun and my HR was high ! Loved that!

Thanks, Renee! I only was able to get in step and low impact yesterday, due to my hubby coming home and I had to tell him about our phone fiasco. Thankfully it's fixed ow.

But today I did to the max and BBW again! I didn't think I could do it but it wasn't that bad. I think the key was I actually did the cool donna jd then did the BBW. Tomorrow is supposed to be a kickboxing that I don't have and the 4D kickboxing the next so think I'll do party rockin step if I can get up for it tomorrow is our annual leaf day at main laws where we rake all day.

I gained 3 last night at my meeting. :(

Hi Katie!

Happy Thanksgiving to you both!

happy thanksgiving renee and ladylep! sorry I am a day late! today I am watching all four of my niece's kids-- they have been here since 10:30 this morning and the littlest guy, jameson, has been refusing any naps (this is the little munchkin who had open heart surgery last august at 4 days old). anyway, I am feeling pretty exhausted and ready for the day to end!

this morning I did great glutes. yesterday I did pyramid HiiT plus 40 mins of yoga-- then later we took a walk with the dogs. anyway, tomorrow is my rest day and I still have to take imala and nygel to lesson/string quartet. wish we had the weekend off!

sorry about the weight gain, ladylep, but you sure are doing great with your workouts! eventually it will pay off, I am sure:)

renee-- I will have to go and read that story on fb. I miss a lot on there since there is always so little time and then so many things to read through;). hope you had a nice day yesterday-- it feels really strange celebrating the holidays without mom here and I cannot imagine how you are feeling through all of this.

love and peace,

katie

I did HIIT 30/30 yesterday. It was more like 23/37 lol! I need to do a hiit once a week to get better! That's hard. Me my friend Lisa and my oldest son went to the movies and saw that one about the man who fathered 500 kids! I can not ever remember the name of that movie! Anyway it was good.
Yes Katie it is very hard we did not have thanksgiving we actually bought weenies buns marshmallows and went outside and played music and had a bomb fire. Dress warm and I drank a few beers. I don't normally do that but it did help me sleep!
I am very sad yesterday it was strange I kept having the flash back or Ryan in his final resting bed, I can't say the word!! I try not to think about it but my counselor said think about it as it comes and let it out. I'm afraid to think to deep I may get worse. But I really do think to much now but I know it gets worse and I am afraid to go there.

Hi guys,

Katie - sounds like you had fun with the little ones!

Renee- I'm sorry yesterday was so rough. :(

No workout for me yesterday. I was supposed to get a lot of exercise raking and hauling leaves for my in laws for our annual Leaf Day. But my father in law ended up in the hospital with a catheterization and amp stent. Hubby spend the whole day with him and his mom there. But hi will hopefully go home today. I ended up getting some of the daily deals yesterday: LISbundle, ab circuits and PUB!

Gotta run, going out to breakfast with another family and going to chop down our Christmas tree!

Can't wait to hear how u like the workouts u jus got from daily deals! I think she had some awesome deals!

I did timesaver RK cardio with glove and then the yoga relax

hi girls-- on my way to work here in a few and it is snowing outside:(. hate driving in the snow and this is the first I have seen of it for this winter, anyway. will be working quite a bit this month to have money for all the gift giving, so crazy days ahead. hope everyone is having a good day!

this morning I did x10 the 53 minute premix, which is low impact, cardio blast and circuit. I swear that workout is so challenging to me-- even more than CF or the HiiT series. anyway, did 20 minutes of gentle yoga after that. yesterday I did flextrain plus fire yoga-- pretty intense-- and a walk with bugsy.

ladylep-- sorry you didn't get a workout in, but new workouts on the way is exciting! hope your fil is okay! that sounds scary!

renee-- glad you had family surrounding you on thanksgiving. the holidays feel weird. have been thinking about mom so much. she loved this time of year, and always had gifts for all eight of us and then all the grandchildren and great grandchildren. it just seems so strange that she won't be here this year:(. I know you are feeling that, too. hoping you are at least getting some better sleep.

alright, better go!

hugs,

katie

Katie wow you have been very active! WTG.
Yes well the family we have is just me my husband and my son rocky and I have a friend Lisa who is here. I am so grateful to them but I look around and see how small my family is. I have sisters but they are all spread out. I'd like to try to get a reunion with them and my brother for the holidays but it is almost impossible, anytime my sisters are together they end up literally fighting! Well one in particular fights everyone !! Lol it's sad but I have to laugh. I think she is no polar but all she says is she's crazy and on Zoloft lol she said well I might be no polar idk well she needs to get checked! She's been like this every since she was small. We all try to over look it.
I am ignoring Christmas as well. I know it was moms fav time to. But I miss Christmas when her and her husband was alive cause then my sister who lived in sc at the time her family my hubby and kids n my sis from Florida came in it was a big thing now it's no one here like that and boy do I miss my son he came over for holidays all the time ! He loved to eat!

Well yesterday I jogged 4 miles, and in the evening I did bi and tris disck 2 from x train. Today calls for CLB I think I should be okay to do that one. I am not sure I want to jump a lot today. I did fall asleep at 12 last night so much better then 4 or 2! So I'm working at it!
Have great day

hi renee-- yes, everything sure does change as we get older. I miss the days when my three were little and we would go to mom's and the whole family would be around. it seems like everyone is too busy these days, and too spread out, and we don't have my mom around to pull us all together. anyway, hoping we both have nice Christmases regardless. a friend of mine just lost her mom the day after thanksgiving to cancer, so I know it will be a tough time for her as well.

so, today I did Hiit 30/30-- taking your lead, renee!-- it was pretty dang intense and I sweat buckets. did 35 minutes of yoga after that. yesterday I did the legs and abs new dvd plus yoga. now I am headed out to shovel:(. it has been snowing like crazy all day and I am not looking forward to picking imala up from school, which has now been let out early due to the dangerous weather. I worry about alec being off at the u of m and on all the city buses today. will be glad when he is home. tonight imala and nygel are playing a paid gig that rik has offered to drive them to as I am too nervous in this stuff after my accident last year.

you sure are getting your workouts in too, renee! I wish I could jog! from here through spring we will probably be covered in snow now, and it is supposed to get super cold-- highs subzero-- come Friday.:eek::rolleyes:

hello ladylep!

hugs,

katie

Ha ha so I am racking you are shoveling! I hate to rack but ill take that over shoveling snow any day!
Good Job on 30/ 30 I think I am gonna do that one at least once a week to get used to HIiT workouts like that. Maybe ill be able to do tabatacise and then x 10 I am scared of those! I trie them both ONCE ! So maybe 30/30 will be a precursor to that. I hope,
Yes I am getting my workouts and I am so glad about that! But I am not working right now. I am enjoying being home for a change. I look back and wish when the kids was younger that I'd have stayd home instead of work, but then again who could afford not to work when u have kids to feed. It's sad but I sometimes think we would have been better off me being home.
Well today I did party rocking step number 2 I still am afraid of step a1 lol. I really had a great time with step 2!! Man these new workouts really are fun!! It goes very nice with x train !! And jogging. I love jogging but I seem to go faster on my jog days if I do more Cathe DVDs! But it's like when I do more jogging my endurance isn't up to par as much if I don't do some of her cardio DVDs! That is strange I always hear jogging is more of a calorie burner! But I honestly feel I work hard with the PRS and HIIT and crossfire those are more cardio and harder then jogging to be. But I love the feeling of jogging 4 miles so I will have to have that at least once a week as well! So many choices so little time lol well I have time but have to be carful on my joints! I have also been adding some yoga in there some days since I have the time. But I keep my house clean and do yard work so I do keep busy. I am also gonna get back to painting the trim in the bathroom!! I never did that yet. I painted the walls but want white trim.
Well have a great night all. Crossfire is up for tomorrow I think.
Sunday I go to a meeting called compassionate friends, it's other parents who have lost an adult child or child at any age I guess but it will be a candle lite vigil for our kids. They say it is world wide we light the candles up at 7 pm they say since its different time zones that if you was in the sky there's so many of us it would look like wave of lights going across the us and in other country's. that is nice I think at least I don't feel alone.

Question!! How do you all do the step up shuffle? The one in step wo # 2. On the side? I can not get that move and it seems so simple what leg does your weight go on ? I hope u all know what I am talking about

Hi Renee- I have had PRS1 on my list but I just haven't gotten a workout in since the weekend. :(. Thus the reason I haven't posted but I've been reading! I will let you know about the shuffle. I kinda remember it but I've only don't the workout once. Hopefully I'll get it in tomorrow. Today I need to start school right after breakfast, which I hope they have started and then find a way to head tot he store for a white elephant gift for JTrain's volleyball social tonight that none of use really want to go to. It's older kids.

Tomorrow we don't have much just a basketball practice for my 9yo. But Hubby has basketball coaches training all morning. And Saturday is our cleaning and food shopping day, but we also need to get to Michaels for Christmas supplies, the kids like to make gifts for extended family.

Hi Katie!

Hi all!

I finally got a workout in today!! I did PRS2 30 min. I meant to do all of it and the BBW but I just didn't have enough time, between pausing the disc to help the kids in and out of the snow and stuff…

Tomorrow on the Nov. rotation is 4D Kickbox. I'm not sure how likely it is with homeschooling, the snow and piano lessons. And I would need to go to bed by 10:30 to get up at 5:30. And I haven't finished planning the week, but I'm thinking about dropping some of the extras (Latin, Spanish, grammar, writing) and focus on Bible history, Literature, math, spelling, writing (for my 7th grader who is taking an online class in Phoenix) and doing Christmas crafts- so have more art these two weeks. :) We'll see. In the past when I cut out stuff to make room for "fun school", it's taken advantage of.

Renee- step up shuffle. I think that is the one while facing left- step up Rfoot, Lfoot off the side on the floor, then jump up pendulum (Lfoot up to step, Rfoot pendulum out), Lfoot down again, knee up and off. I hope that is the one and that it makes sense!

Katie- I love 30/30! that is a toughie!

Okay today I did the original body max 58 minutes because upper body is tomorrow any way I had a good sweat going.
Well I guess that's the right one but my goodness I can't get it I step up and try to shuffle and back down buy I feel like Godzilla trying it! I guess keep practicing. What leg has the body weight on it. I was suppose to do AOLIH but I'm saving that for tomorrow and doing the whole upper body weights from x train I think it might be a great way to hit some major calories but I'm gonna do weights first then the HIIT! I think I like doing that because I FEeL like I'm burring some fat!

Tonight my friend son and hubby lit a candle at the compassionate friends meeting for my son. Well it's a lot of parents who lost there child. It was nice but I felt I was having his funeral all over again! Maybe it was to soon. I want to go next year but I hope I can handle it better! I cried all the time. The pain is to much at times. They had a poem called ugly shoes very touching.
Anyway I have a big headache again.

Oh forgot sat was rest day Friday I was suppose to do CBS from x train but I decided to do full a full body weights so I could hit the legs and butt more then once a week.
Have a blessed day!

hi renee and ladylep! sorry I have been out of it the past few days. it has been so freaking cold here, you would not believe. plus we have had snow every other day. the roads are horrible-- even the MN dept of transp says so. the snow fell at warm temps and then it got subzero before they were able to get the roads clear, and now the salt and ice they keep trying to put down is ineffective since the temps are so low (it is supposed to be -35 below windchill tonight through tomorrow:(:eek:). anyway, I have been working a lot and so have had to be out driving in this and I really hate it. sunday was the worst as it kept on snowing all day and I almost spun out about three different times and got stuck once. today I have to drive all over again to pick up imala from school and then take her to rehearsal with her pianist as we have recitals this weekend. it is times like these that I really question why we live in Minnesota!:rolleyes:

Saturday was my rest day, but since then I have done CF extreme (sunday), great glutes extreme (mon) and now today did x10 the low impact plus circuit sections and yoga. my tennis elbow has been really bothersome lately, so I am trying to focus mainly on lower body, but I am feeling fried there, too:eek:. anyway. tomorrow may just be a yoga day. will see what happens.

renee-- I am so not the one to ask about a step move;):p. I have two left feet, especially when it comes to cathe's step. even the PRS #2 has moves that throw me off. I hope you get it down! I am sure you will. that candlelight ceremony sounds like what we did for my mom at the nursing home about a month after her passing and it was *hard*. I was not expecting it to be so difficult, either, but it was like the funeral all over again. I totally get what you are saying. sounds like you have been getting great workouts in and have a doozie planned for tomorrow! hope your headache is history!

ladylep-- all the Christmas crafts sound like such fun! nygel and I want to roll candles, but I still haven't purchased the beeswax yet. I used to do lots of that when the kids where younger. we would finish our academic stuff early and then take a couple weeks to just do Christmas stuff together. hope you got your workout in:)

better head out, much as a I hate to. this weather totally makes me want to stay indoors and hibernate!

peace,

katie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.