T. Staehle's Cardio KB Challenge rave

rose2boys

Cathlete
I did this today & I have to say that I just loved it! I was so surprised since I haven't been able to really connect to any of her workouts, even though i like her style, I really want to like the workouts...

This one had a great flow and was really fun & hard. Liked the variety of instructors, too. I really like Josef. Lots of premixes for future use, too.

Feel awful to say this, but I feel like I got a better workout & had more fun w/this than any of the new MMA ones. (sorry cathe)

Any other opinions of this?

I love it, too!

It's a good workout! I like the instructors and the cuing so much that I can overlook the little rough areas here and there....

The most important thing to me is that it's a good workout with zero dread factor!

This is my first Tracey video, by the way.

This became my favorite almost the day I got it. I LOVE the workout, the team, the set, the music........I don't think there's anything more I could ask for from a KB workout.

Josef & Tracey are making 3 more this spring. Can't wait!

This became my favorite almost the day I got it. I LOVE the workout, the team, the set, the music........I don't think there's anything more I could ask for from a KB workout.

Josef & Tracey are making 3 more this spring. Can't wait!

Laura, how do you know? I'm interested in getting them. DH enjoyed Josef's detailed cuing (he needs it!), and said he'd like to see more workouts with him.

(Anything to get him off his backside and working out! Thanks!)

I had been on the fence about getting this workout but this thread pushed me off and I just ordered it (along with Aero Jump Sculpt).

Thanks for the push;)

I love this workout too.

I also do these other two from her a lot:

a. Hi/Lo Medball. It isnt ultra-intense but no walk in the park either. It is such a happy workout with great music, moves, mood. It has a bit of everything from typical hi/lo, some dancy sections, some kick box sections.

b. Cardio Sweatfest: This is intense and sweaty. The style is more drill-like versus CKBC.

I love CKC too! The power kicks are my favorite part, though if I can get my feet sorted out the agility drills at the end may give them some competition :). It's great news that the team will be back with more workouts.

Vee, are the drills in Cardio Sweatfest more athletic or more dancy? I was wondering whether I should add that one to my collection; I like the straightforward athletic drills for high intensity days, and have plenty of step already.

I........

Vee, are the drills in Cardio Sweatfest more athletic or more dancy? I was wondering whether I should add that one to my collection; I like the straightforward athletic drills for high intensity days, and have plenty of step already.

Cardio Sweatfest has an intense,long Kickbox workout which is entirely athletic. The intensity in some sections comes from form. You need to squat low to set up for the kicks for example. If you do these moves as demonstrated it is a great way to achieve intensity with moderate impact.

It also has a second shorter dancy workout. It is like a less intense, but fun to do bonus.

Cardio Sweatfest has an intense,long Kickbox workout which is entirely athletic. The intensity in some sections comes from form. You need to squat low to set up for the kicks for example. If you do these moves as demonstrated it is a great way to achieve intensity with moderate impact.

It also has a second shorter dancy workout. It is like a less intense, but fun to do bonus.

I really like KB Sweatfest too. It's very intense but very basic. It's a great w/o on days you want your butt kicked but don't want to have to think while you're doing it. ;)

I haven't tried the second section yet--well, that's not true, I tried it once & my feet got so tangled I gave up. But it looks so much fun I'm anxious to give it a shot--it's been sitting in my LR for 2 weeks waiting for me to preview a few times.

I really like this one as well, but it doesn't quite hit the level of "love" for me, at least not without some tweaking (like not watching at certain points). IMO, if they'd had a half-hour more of filming time, they could have made this "very good" workout an "excellent" workout.

What would have made this a "love" for me would be a bit more attention to musicality in some places (yes, Josef, I'm talking to you!) ;); reshooting some cuing that is misleading --ie: Jericho's demo of a move when she turns to the side, then missteps at the end of the move; some annoying camera work--far too much time on Jericho's footwork, possibly because Tracey's doing something wrong in the back and they didn't want it on film; some choppy transitioning between segments; and going straight from the workout to the stretch with no cooldown (one of those "stretch as cooldowns" that I find annoying).

That being said, I do turn to this one more than to the MMA workouts, and I'm definitely getting the 3 upcoming workouts with Josef leading.

Last edited:
This one right now is my fave Kickbox workout. I like the different premixes with different lengths of time.

Kathyrn - I'm confused when you say it doesn't go from workout to stretch - mine does even though Tracey says time for abs it went to cooldown/stretch. I have done both the 30 minute premix and the full workout and both times it had the cd/stretch after the workout.

Can't wait for more details on the new Josef's.

Rhonda

Kathyrn - I'm confused when you say it doesn't go from workout to stretch - mine does even though Tracey says time for abs it went to cooldown/stretch. I have done both the 30 minute premix and the full workout and both times it had the cd/stretch after the workout.
Oops! I got lost in my sentence, LOL!

I meant it DOES go directly from an intense workout into a stretch, with no cooldown (which it needs). They are doing a 'stretch as cooldown' rather than 'cooldown and stretch,' which I always find annoying.

Oops! I got lost in my sentence, LOL!

I meant it DOES go directly from an intense workout into a stretch, with no cooldown (which it needs). They are doing a 'stretch as cooldown' rather than 'cooldown and stretch,' which I always find annoying.

Yes I totally agree with you. I have to pause the tape and walk around for a couple minutes before the stretch.

Not sure why instructors do this but I have noticed it on a few workouts including Cathe : (
Cool me down before going to a stretch, it doesn't take long.

Rhonda

I also love this workout!!! Love Josef and the new girl kicks it up a notch. I love all her dvds. I find TRacey so personable. If you send her a question, she personally emails you back!!! Gotta love that!

I have to start preordering her workouts!

Mary

Love this one!

I really love this workout. Tracey did a great job with this...along with her Walking Stronger. I am on a "Tracey high" right now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.