STS STS 3.5 Mo.-Is Anyone Else Doing This?

I'm with Toni...you guys are killing me with the cardio! Even when I get me energy back I don't have a desire to do that much but that is a personal preference.
Toni: I am also with you on the weight selection. ;-) I will keep at it though. We can build up together. I am also glad to be doing the 5.5 month. I have been away from exercising regularly for quite sometime so it feels like the right thing to do.
Fej327: enjoy your fitbit!! I am super motivated by data as it sounds like you are too. It sould be fun.
Lori: How in the heck do you get yourself out of bed at 4:30 in the morning? I always wished I was more of a morning person but alas, a morning person I am not. I have a love-hate relationship with the night shift though. I like it when I'm at work, but it makes you feel like a zombie the rest of the time. One day I will get off of it. It just pays so darn much money.

Wall Squats

I hate them! These are the ones where you have a stability ball between your back and the wall and you squat down, pick up dumbbells, hold, then squat back down and set the dumbbells on the floor and keep repeating. OMG, it will not go away! I did workout #9 this morning and they were still present. :( I want them to go away! Anyone else find these excruciating? Don't get me wrong--I like a challenge and all of the exercises challenge me, but this one hurts! My legs are shaking, my back is straining--and it's only 8 reps!

Jen - yes those wall squats suck. The whole motion feels awkward to me so I just grab my dumbbells and do a regular wall squat. When they go down and grab I just stay at a 90 degree angle and then back up. Grabbing them throws my back out of alignment or something because yes it strains. Plus I have a knee that can give me trouble and this frustrates it. I'm hoping they disappear in Meso 2!

Toni - how's ur hip flexor? I hope it's better and Ur still hanging in there!

Labnick -that's is so cool you can do DVDs at work. I get up at 430 when I start early to get my w/o in also. Feels so good the rest of the day. I still have to drop to my knees sometimes on those push ups too - some days I'm just not as strong :)

Rlw- hope the night shift isnt kicking your butt too bad. How is ur energy have you noticed any change?

I got my fitbit and i am addicted to checking it. However it is unkind about my sleep lol. Doesnt it know how much I want to do every day?? Roll eyes - its guilting me into going to bed earlier :-(

Weather is beautiful here today - finally got some windows open! Stay strong ladies !!

Last edited:
I don't like those wall squats either. I like the idea of just hanging on to the weights the whole time. It is awkward picking them up.

My energy IS picking up! I'm afraid to jinx it though. I was taking 50mg of my daily medication, I am now down to 20. I am going to wait another week or so to increase the dose of my new daily med. I have had to take my new "rescue" medication and it works really well. For that I'm grateful. Olin moving in a positive direction.

I'm trying to attach a picture of my newly painted workout room. We just painted it yellow. I love it! It is so bright and cheery. Hopefully it worked. If not I will try when I can from my home computer.

So I could only get one pic but at least it shows the color. :)
Have a great day everyone!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Hi all!

Omg I am with you all! I hate wall squats. Like you said jengollf I am always up for a challenge and will push my self but these kill me!!! Good to know I am not the only one.

I have been getting up early for a couple of years now. At first it was so hard and I envied those that were able to consistently work out in the mornings. So I kept doing it and eventually it became a habit. Now I love my early morning workouts.

The girls workout group at work has now increased to 6 and a few more are interested. We work out for about 30 mins or so. It is becoming a real enjoyable time for us all. We actually feel more productive in the afternoon.

Rlw glad to hear you have more energy! Your workout room looks awesome!

Hope you are feeling better Toni.

Have a great night!

Fej327: do you by any chance have the new fitbit that is a bracelet? I saw it in a magazine. It looks neat.

The bracelet is sold out and they are unsure when the back order would have come in. It tracked me yesterday and added calories to mfp based on my activity level. Hmmm not sure about that.

Ok off to do gs back shoulders tris! Have a great day everyone

Oh and rlw - I'm so sorry I didn't mention your workout room - it's looks great. I love that color. It's just beautiful.

Bbl :)

I also get up at 4:30am every morning for my workout and like labnick it just became a habit. I have been doing it now for 10 years--but it did take some getting used to. Now it an intrinsic part of my life. So a day just feels wrong if I don't get up and workout. And weeks I work overtime (like next week) I get up at 4am! But I don't get to do my doubles, which irritates me. I had planned to do doubles all through STS on my strength days, but next week I'll just be doing cardio on my non-strength days (except for the weekend--I'll fit more in then).

rlw3--glad to hear your energy is improving! It makes it easier (and more fun) to get through your workouts. Your workout room looks great, btw!

I have a bodybug, which I haven't used in a while since you not only have to purchase it (expensive) but you have to pay a monthly service to use it. It is an awesome device though. I've been wanting to get the new fitbit, but haven't gotten around to it yet. It is more affordable and once you buy it, it is free to use!

Hello all!! I'm still on track with my repeat of week 1 :D So far this week I've done D1 & D2(both the UB ones). My back has some slight DOMS and tightness. I've been making sure to stretch really well each night, which is helping tremendously!! but I'm glad to know I'm getting so much back work. I need it :)

The wall squat is TERRIBLE!! I mistakenly did it with a 15# weight. I couldn't even get up :eek: I'll be using an 8# tomorrow when I do it. Again I say....TERRIBLE!! Not to mention it's towards the end....who does that??? Oh right, CATHE!! :D

I'm another 4:30am workout chick. That's the only time I have in my day that I'm not interupted by kids. If they are awake, they want to 'workout with me'. It's really cute, but it's distracting and unsafe I feel. I need my full attention when working out and they need my help if they are actually going to participate. I make them use correct form if they are doing it with me :p

I'm happy to report the hip flexor is doing much better. I'm about 90%, which I feel is good enough to spin next Tuesday :D

Glad to see everyone is doing well!!

rlw3 - the color in the workout room is fabulous :D And I'm jealous of your mirror!! I don't have one in mine and it would be really useful for form checks.

Gorgeous sun today!!

Jen - I'm with you on it just throws off my day if I don't workout first. And I'm a fan of doubles to - 30 min of cardio in the evening gives me a nice jolt of energy for my night.
Toni - so glad your hip flexor has improved - have fun on with the spinning - and I agree with you - I like knowing I've worked my back - I don't have a pull up bar so I like to know I hit it hard
Rlw - how are you enjoying that beautiful workout room?

Okay, now when my alarm goes off tomm I will know that Toni, labnick and Jen are getting up and knocking out a workout too! Rlw - I know your on the night shift so think of us when you have your 4am fade ;-)

Enjoy the afternoon !

24 hours till my son is home from college <3

I'm loving my workout room! It makes me happy. :).

You know what is sad... I used to wear an activity monitor. 4-6 am is one of the busiest times of my day. I'm really hopeful I will have some changes in the future that will get me off the night shift. I'll let you guys know if I do!!

Hi ladies!!!

Very funny fej327!!! I am going to start thinking of everyone too. Will make me feel like I am not the only crazy person that gets up at a ridiculous hour just to work out. Wow 10 years of early morning workouts jengollf. That is awesome. Hoping this lasts with me. The girls at work think I am totally insane by the way that I do this.

Rwl3....growing up my mom was a nurse and loved the night shift. She would work nights....be home to get us ready for school then would sleep until we got home. Worked well for her.

Glad you are feeling better Toni!

Have a great night!

Lori

Hey girls! Busy weekend - son home with all his laundry, putting out flowers and trying to earn fitbit badges lol. Body blast series was deal of the day so I ordered it with the xtrain tshirt and low impact step. I am awesomely bad at step - did IMAX 2 for cardio today and I swear I only face the right way 1/2 the time. But I'm getting better :). Maybe I should tape myself in case Cathe ever needs a step example of what not to do.

Rlw and toni - how are you guys doing? Are you feeling stronger yet?
Lab nick - how was ur recovery week? I'm jealous you get to start Meso 2 - let me know what you think
Jen - I think I saw another post you did about rotations? I hit each body part 2 times a week. When I'm not doing sts whatever I am doing I make sure I'm always trying to go up in weights. I keep track of what i lift in a spiral notebook. So if I'm doing lower body blast I'll know what I used last time even if it's been awhile. I always go heavy the first time I hit it then the second round of the week I see how I feel. Before sts and xtrain I would decide each month what DVDs I would be using - like for legs leaner legs and buts and guts. I would stick to those 2 for the month. Then the next month I pick 2 others. My excuse was the changing didn't allow my body to adapt - but the truth is I get bored easily.

Ok, alarm set for 410 - I know my morning warriors will be with me in spirit and sweat!

Have a great Monday

Good morning all!

Starting meso 2 today. So excited to do so!

Fej327....I have today off so no early workout for me. I slept in till 6am. Even on a day off I am up early!! About to do some light house work then hitting the weights. Tomorrow I will be with you with my early morning workout out! :)

I also write down weights used and always try and go just a little bit heavier. Sometimes it may just be adding 1lb weighted gloves.

Have a great day!

fej327--I've always kept track of what I lifted, too--and created my own rotation calenders when I wasn't in the middle of a program. When doing a workout if I knew I could lift heavier (or I lifted too heavy) I put an up or down arrow next to the weight for the next time I did the workout. But STS and doing the 1RM has changed everything for me and I am trying to figure out how to move forward after STS w/out losing the gains STS gave me. Another thing that is giving me some (silly) anxiety is that I own almost every Cathe workout and I love them. But I also own 100+ workouts by other trainers--and I love a lot of them, too (even tho I haven't done a single one of them in almost a year). I really think I should start adding some of these other trainers back into the mix, too. And a part of me really wants, too, but another part of me can't seem to part from Cathe workouts even for a day. It seems so silly. And kind of weird. But it is true!

However, Christmas 2011 my husband got me P90X2 and then for my birthday (a week after Christmas) he got me Asylum. I discovered Cathe shortly after that, so I have never done either of these programs he got me more than a year ago. I asked for them, btw! Before Cathe, some of my best strength and cardio gains were from P90X and Insanity (also TurboFire and ChaLean Extreme). So I know I am going to get excellent workouts. I just have a hard time considering... no Cathe for like 2 months?!?!?! How will I do it? But then I decided I could always sub in a Cathe cardio workout here and there. Since I am doing a hybrid of the two programs I'll be doing several of the cardio workouts multiple times. I can always swap one out with a Cathe if I want to.

Anyway--I'm rambling! In my second week of workouts 7, 8 & 9. I'm working overtime this week so no doubles. :( But, for May at least, this is the only week I am working overtime--so I'll get my doubles in the rest of the month.

Hi ladies! So the last few weeks have been crazy for me and I haven't been consistent with my workouts. So.. I am going to start over and do weeks 1 and 2 each once and then start doing the weeks twice at week 3. I am going to try getting my workout done in the morning so I don't find excuses to put it off. Not 4:30 am though! :)

You guys are all doing so great! I love hearing about your progress!

Hi all!

I can tell already how much I am going to love Meso 2! I felt so strong after completing the first disc and it seemed to fly. Ran this morning and lunch workout with the girls.

Rlw3...that is why I like the morning workouts. You get up and get it out of the way. I usually try and do double workouts (a 2nd in the evening) but never feel guilty if I miss it.

Jengollf...I did P90x and really liked it. Was bored with it towards the end though. I thought about P90x2 but chose STS and glad I did. Funny about the Cathe workouts. I am in the same boat. I have no desire to do any other workout other than a Cathe workout!

Have a great night!

Hi all....finished up the first meso 2 legs tonight and happy to say there are NO wall squats with the ball!!!! Oh yeah!!!!!!!! Very happy about this!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.