Which are you going to do?

• Plyo Legs

Votes: 68 66.7%
  • Heavy Legs

Votes: 34 33.3%

• Total voters

Mishel

Cathlete
What are you going to do the plyo legs or the heavy legs. Just curious to see what others are going to do because im not sure which option im going to choose. Thanks :D

I'm going to go w/ plyo. I would like to do heavy legs, but I don't have a squat rack, and can't justify the money at this point in time. I also really don't have the space for it. I don't think DH wants to spend an hour hoisting heavy wts up on my shoulders:p I've also been trying to increase my leg endurance for running, and I've come along way w/ Meso 1 on this and using CC as well. I think the plyo legs will be the icing on the cake. Mmmmm.......cake. I just can't safey get that much weight on and off of my shoulders. I top out at about 70lbs to lift overhead. I've been having to use the wt vest for some of the Meso 2 work, so heavy legs in Meso 3 isn't gonna work

Nan

I am going to do both.
I will only be doing 2 or 3 of the 4 sets of squat rack legs. I will do this on Monday along with doing 2 or 3 of th 4 sets of the upper body workouts.

Then in friday, I will do plyo legs entire disk.

Saundra

I like the idea of doing both. Good thinking!

This round I am going to do plyo legs. The squat rack I want is not available yet.

Right now I am focusing on weight (fat) loss. After I get to where I want to be, which I'm hoping will be around the time I finish my first run through the STS system, I'm going to focus on muscle gain.

I've discovered that putting on muscle while losing weight doesn't tend to happen for me. The best I seem to be able to do is maintain what I've got, with perhaps tiny gains. I think I need to increase my calories to gain muscle. Thus, next time through STS, I'm going to focus on muscle gain, and will be doing the squat rack option (if I have it by then). I'll be upping my calories, and will expect to gain some of the fat back, but hopefully more muscle. (It's hard to find that balance.)

I'm experimenting, to see what works for me.

I am going to do both.
I will only be doing 2 or 3 of the 4 sets of squat rack legs. I will do this on Monday along with doing 2 or 3 of th 4 sets of the upper body workouts.

Then in friday, I will do plyo legs entire disk.

Saundra

Glad to learn I'm not the only one thinking about doing both. Haven't figured out how yet (I'm still on Meso #1, Week 4), but I really want to get the best of both worlds.

Glad to learn I'm not the only one thinking about doing both. Haven't figured out how yet (I'm still on Meso #1, Week 4), but I really want to get the best of both worlds.

You could always do Legs twice a week, but on the plyo legs just lighten up the weights, as not to overdo it. I did plyo legs (26) on saturday for cardio. I did light weights. It is high intensity- very hard on the cardiovascular system. I did get sore too, and I didn't even use heavy weights. You will just have to listen to your body to see what you can do.

I'm doing the 6 month rotation and plan on doing 4 weeks of squat rack and 4 weeks of plyo legs. I've already done the plyo leg workouts (adding them to meso one as one of my cardio days), but I plan on not doing them again until I reach meso 3. I hear meso 2's leg trisets are quite intense, so I think that's all the leg work I'll need during that particular mesocycle. Can't wait!

I plan to do both, when I get there. I am doing the 6 month rotation and am not even done with meso 1;).

I plan to do this during meso 3:

Day 1 Plyo legs (using lighter weights than 70%, probably)
Day 2 Chest and back
Day 3 Cardio
Day 4 heavy legs (we have a squat rack
Day 5 Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps
Day 6 Cardio
Day 7 rest

I like Jillybean's idea too. Doing it that way had not occurred to me and I'll have to give it some thought.

Maggie:)

I can't answer because I haven't decided what to do yet. I am not sure I can do the heavy weights because I do not have a squat rack yet. I really appreciate the ideas on combining both - maybe if I do that, I won't have to do the full amount of the heavy.... I'm only on week two of Meso Cycle 2 so I've got a little time to figure it out. lol Great thread! Thanks to everyone who has posted so far, I'll be checking back in often on this one. :)

I"m going heavy, I have a squat rack. STS is the only leg training DVD I have for going heavy on legs. When I use Gym Style legs I use the squat rack and go at a slower speed than Cathe so I can go heavier.

If my knees can handle it I'm going to try Plyo legs. The plyo jumps remind me so much of ballet jumps and I can attest that ballet jump work really tones and shapes your legs and makes them really strong and beautifully cut. Especially if you jump high enough to straighten your legs (almost to pointing your toes when you're in the air as in ballet) and contract your quads in the upper most jump and have a controlled plie landing. (It's really amazing that in ballet contracting your quads in the uppermost part of the jump really works to tone and cut your legs and calves! Never underestimate the contracting of your muscles, it really works AND the controlled plie landings.) This really gives you some beautifully cut legs along with the weight work. Besides it's so much fun, I used to love the jump work in ballet! :D Also, another reason is I don't have a squat rack and I don't have the room for one either.

Last edited:
No squat rack so it will be plyo legs. Also I don't like having such heavy weights on my back. I have to admit I worry about injury.

legs

Hi,

I'm doing plyo legs plus a day of some sort of weighted leg work. I haven't decided what yet, but this combination has worked wonders for my legs. Actually, I've been doing plyo regularly for some time now and my legs are much stronger than the weight my back (my limiting factor) will allow me to use.

Tracy

Since I have been doing legs twice in a week, I am going to do the first work-out as plyo and try the second as heavy as I can go unassisted.

I'll be doing the squat rack/weight vest option. I'm sure my body could not handle all those plyo jumps (osteoporosis), I can do some every couple weeks (I LOVE IMAX2!) but not as a definite workout. I go by how my body feels, how much/little pain I'm feeling in my hips and ankles. Besides, I don't lift super heavy weights: I think my 90% is 55 lbs. for squats. Am really looking forward to getting started with Meso 3 next week! :) :) :)

Last edited:
I am on my last week of meso 3! I do love the pylo legs, it is soo much fun!! I really love the whole series and have had some good strength gains. I plan on going back and doing meso 1 and 2 again.

Jen

kinda what i wanted to do to, but i just looked at the weight for the squat rack legs and i almost passed out.
cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.