STS first time!

Ok apparently I only know how to post pictures twice haha! Still learning ;) FYI- Glassboro roadtrip is this weekend. Who's jealous?! This girl is! It was a year ago this weekend that I met Cathe! What an unforgettable time :)

Awww Marie you are sooooo cute!!:D I just had to post that quick before I head off to bed. Too tired to write anything else! lol Nightie night!

Oh, thanks, Marie! You are gorgeous and you don't even look pregnant there! All the girls are beautiful and your Tony is a cutie too. Thanks for posting them!

Missy, how awesome about the compliment! And I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say you weren't entitled to a snack, it just struck me as funny that those were the two things you were buying.

Jean, glad to have you back! It sounds like you were a big help to your sis. You know I think a lot of restaurants cook steak with butter on it. Scary!

Carolyn, have fun on your vacation! I didn't realize that dogs needed life vests!

Good Morning! Last night the modem came and we are back on the internet. Yeah!!!! So I cooked dinner and exercised and had some tv to watch while my husband played on the internet all night!!!!

Woke up bright and early this morning and got my run in. Looking forward to a Cathe DVD tonight.

Meredith---I think it is funny too, my grocery list is always so healthy and then I always throw in a few unhealthy snacks for when I am wanting to be bad. I try to get something that is bad but not too bad. Fruit loops is always in there because 1 serving which is alot, is only 110 calories!!! Yes, lots of sugar....but thats the point!!! hehehe :)

All of us snack from time to time. Its the only was to feel normal!!!

Marie---You are so pretty. Looking Good Girl! Keep it up!

Okay, so I am driving my husbands truck this week as my truck has a coolent leak and I am waiting on parts. They had to order them and they will not be in till Wednesday. I have been driving it since Friday. Thank god we have 3 trucks....or I would be screwed. But, his truck is so big, it is 3x the size of mine. I will be so happy when my is fixed. My husband is a mechanic, so at least I dont have to pay someone to fix it. That is a plus. But, I miss my little truck. His is a crew cab long bed. It is like driving a semi. Okay now that I vented. Oh, and it is so expensive to drive. (diesel) But, on the good side, Everyone looks at me in amazement that it is a sexy women behind the wheel of this big truck. hahaha :)

Off to work. BBL!!!

Hello! I did not want to get out of bed again this morning, and finally made it out around 5. I started doing Slide and Glide, but found that my rug is just not big enough to do this workout without constantly moving the rug around, so about 10 minutes into the cardio I gave up and popped in CrossFire instead. WOW! Loved it! It is a very hard workout (and I was going like 50-75% because I had not previewed the workout and didn't want to get hurt) and it's a very good leg toner (Si, are you reading this? :)) I am definitely going to have to work up to matching Cathe move for move, but I could see doing this workout quite a bit. I have to say I was laughing at the music. At first, I was like, "cool, I like this song!" and then after listening I realized that the words to all of the songs were different. Funny. It has to be a copyright thing. I also did the Core Bonus section. That was a pretty tough sell after doing the workout, but I modified a ton and muddled through. I really liked the stretch section too. I want to know how those girls do that workout and barely sweat! Okay, they sweat, but not like I'm sweating. There's no way I could wear make-up and do that workout. It would be all over my face by the end! Oh and I could feel my abs today from all those push-ups yesterday. I'm definitely getting some core in on the chest days! Jean, I was thinking of you doing that workout without shoes on. I don't know how you do it! I am feeling like I need some new shoes for the lateral support! Betty, I want you to know that I tripped on my flooring during some of the shuffle moves and thought of you too. I think in the summer, the heat makes the flooring expand or something and it gets little air pockets underneath. Anyway, scared the crap out of me and I brought the intensity down a bit after that.

Have a great day, ladies!

Meredith---I also think Cross fire is awesome. Have you done to the max yet? You will love it!!!! I also think....dang those girls don't sweat like I do. I am normally dripping wet when done. When I did Cross Fire for the first time, I gave it my all. I was so excited getting it, and when I was stretching sweat was literally dripping on the floor. Yuck...but awesome!!!! :p

Did Afterburn today! :) I swear, I feel like the Horizontal Conditioning workouts are making me better at doing Cathe's workouts. With my core being stronger, it seems to make so many other movements easier. Like for example with running man in AB today, I found it didn't slay me nearly as much as it used to and I could do the more advanced move with the hands (touching down on the floor instead of keeping the hands up). I can also do the burpee/push up/jacks with two push ups instead of just one (also with the dragging planks). Yay!:eek::D

Meredith- you are totally right about how push ups work the abs/core! I notice that a lot now. I wish I had pushed myself harder with the push ups in STS when I did it. I think when I do it again here soon I'll be much better at it then before! At least I hope...:eek:

Carolyn- that is so funny about your hubby and the jean jacket. lol Mark is a huge '80s guy! I have to veto half is closet when we go out anywhere nice! He was a big lover of heavy metal back in the day, too:rolleyes:. It's amazing how we found each other considering how opposite our tastes are!!!

Missy- I lol'd when I read about the sweat...yuck but awesome!:D So true! I am never happier then when I'm sweating like a madwoman! It makes me feel so happy and accomplished! I think that's partly why I had a hard time with the STS upper body workouts. I knew they were good for me and was building muscle but I didn't work up that crazy crazy sweat like when I combine weights with cardio or even if I did STS legs. I think next time I do STS I may try to do a cardio session in the morning of the day I do upper body and then try to do the upper body discs at night. That would mean two days of the week I would be doubling up on my workouts...can I do it? We shall see!!:eek: Ideally I'll be able to fit it in but it may be a pipe dream...;)

omg, your venting about the truck was hilarious, too! I'm such a car driver! Even SUV's feel too huge to me!:eek: Let's just say I'm not the best at estimating distances and parking those huge suckers is not fun for this girl!

Later ladies!

Good Afternoon!

We are all just a barrel of laughs today! HEHEHEHE :p

Carolyn---Thats too funny.... Hick? Where on earth are you going to find a jean jacket in the middle of summer? My husband is a country boy also. As you can tell.....the truck I am driving. :D He always has on his blue jeans and a button down shirt. At least I shop for all of his clothing so I pick out nice looking clothes, if it was up to him....well were not going there. He hasn't purchased 1 piece of clothing in probably 10 years. I do all of his shopping. Good Luck with the hunt!!!!

Colleen---I am serious. I too feel like when I am done with my workout if I am not pouring sweat, what did I do? So when I am drenched I am glowing. I always judge a workout by how much I sweated. If not much I always put it to the back of the DVD stack!!!!

Back to work I go!!!!!! BBL! :D

Hey gals, what a grossly humid day! You'll never guess where I am! In Pennsylvania! HELLO, forum thread originator Rachel! Hubby came for a meeting today, and on a lark, son 2 and I tagged along! Crazy impulse! Heck of a long drive! 5+ hours! Got up so early this am, and didn't sleep much. Just here till tomorrow morning.

I'm on my tiny device so I can't look back at previous posts, but I'll try to remember.

Carolyn, your upcoming vaca sounds dreamy! I've never heard of Squaw Lake:eek:. Your tale of hubby is funny!:D. He sounds adorable. Glad he had the whole weekend off! I've saved our denim jackets in case they come back into style!:D

Marie, you look gorgeous in the pics, and hubby's a cutie:).

Missy, I can certainly picture you, a tall, hot blonde, driving a hemi! What a sight! Guys spotting you must be slack-jawed:D! Congrats on yesterday's compliment from a patient!

Speaking of which, kudos to you, Colleen, for that compliment from your son's friend's parents. So generous of them too. And I concur on preferring to sweat profusely while exercising!

Catch y'all later!

Last edited:
Good Evening!!!

Carolyn---I Love 4DS Bootcamp and Kickbox. To be honest, I have never done the Higher Intensity Step or Lower intensity step....but, it says you use heavy weights with it. So, maybe its not too bad....but if you can get it cheap I say go for it!!! At least the Kickbox and Bootcamp is good. I think Marie loves the step DVD on it, hopefully she will respond quickly!

Also, for you girls wondering....I am not kidding when I said my hubby's truck is big......

012.jpg

Okay, off to get a bag of grain for the horses. Then come home and do HST.

Chat Later! :eek:

Back from hotel pool!

Carolyn, on 4DS, even if you don't do the step, the other half of each workout is weightlifting! You'd likey. I find HIS too dancey (I give up in frustration every time), but have done LIS ( too short at ~30 mins). Good luck!

True that Macy's never allows coupons for Levi's, heavens knows why! Your hubby is so current in trends!(can't figure out cool icon!; insert here!)

Am I too late?! HIS and LIS are very complex. Most that I have done. If you're not into that kind of step you probably wouldn't like them. But the second half is lifting on both and actually all the workouts. Kickbox and bootcamp you could handle. Ok posting be back in a sec :)

Thanks all for the compliments! You guys sure know how to make me feel good :) I will be telling Tony too when he gets home :) Maybe he won't roll his eyes now when I mention the forums haha! Had a 4 hour meeting today. Can't handle sitting that long. It was horrible! Got home at 1 and just couldn't stay awake. I didn't sleep too well last night so a nap it was but now I feel like I wasted the whole day. Oh well, I'm pregnant and must take advantage while I can right. How's that for some good rationale?! Gotta head out soon and get some grocery shopping done......only a few more days of trying to hide our food in the fridge without roomies finding it. Trying is the key word. We get the key on Thurs...yay...jumping for joy! Cleaning and then moving in :) So happy! Carolyn- I had to lol at the jean jacket. Don't tell your hubby haha! Then read that they are in style. I had no clue but good for him haha! Betty- Enjoy your quick trip. So fun to do random things like that. Missy- I'm sure you looked sexy in that big ol truck girl. I would have done a double take ;) I'm on my phone and have pregnancy brain right now trying to remember what everyone else wrote. Wish I could look back. More later.....

Last edited:
Carolyn---I posted the link for you. I have 4DS. Too bad you didnt win. Oh well...you have plenty of workouts like you said. I have so many I forget about them.

Marie---I am so happy for you...getting the key this week. I would be jumping for joy!!! Can you say "privacy"!!!!!

I told my husband I was going to the auto part store and picking up my parts tomorrow and he was putting them on tomorrow night after work or he could not come to bed!!! I want my truck back!!! Parking the big white truck is a bitch!!! But, I can't complain at least I have some wheels to get me from point a to point b!!!! hehehe :)

Well, I just prepared my lunch for tomorrow and now off the shower!!!

Have a nice evening!!!:eek:

Jean, I'm in Eastern PA.

Carolyn, SO true about pregnancy brain! And after. Picture a brain with holes in it. That's how I feel. Missing key pieces.

Bummer about 4DS. As you say, you've got plenty to keep you busy though. EBay is like that, right? Lures you in with a low price, then it gets bid up at the end!

OMG, I love REI! Have to go there this week to pick up some online order stuff. Their sales are incredible! (I never buy full price!). Your tee dress sounds cute! I have an EMS nearby but rarely go there.

Meredith, it must be frustrating to feel you're nearing or falling off the edge of your workout space! Keep shifting things around to get it just so. Can't have boundaries or obstructions!

Off to get some shut-eye! Good night!

Hi Betty! Chia seeds are great! They are high in those healthy omega 3 fatty acids and can be easily added to most foods. My favorite is Chia Kombucha (a fermented probiotic drink you can fine in health food stores. I like the Synergy GT's brand and the Raspberry Chia or Grape Chia are yummy!). You can also add them to burgers, yogurt, baked goods, etc. Enjoy! :)

Si- as far as LIS I definitely think it's fine to do those workouts with STS, in fact there is an STS/LIS rotation posted by Cathe. :) I always made sure to keep the weights fairly light, though. For me and my strength threshold I tried not to go above 8 lbs except for the front swings in AB and generally would go a little lighter than Cathe does in the workouts. That was just during STS though, otherwise I keep to the weight Cathe does. Oh, and back to the chia seeds...do you have any good recipes for those? I've used them in my smoothies and they work great with french toast and scrambled eggs but would love any other ideas!

Hi Colleen! Thanks so much for all of the cardio recommendations. It's been so helpful to talk to you all about it and I'm glad to know that Cathe has a LIS rotation with STS and that if I keep the weight low it should be fine. I'm going to look into the Cardio Supersets first and then try to make my way to Afterburn and Athletic Training too per some of the other ladies recommendations. Yes, chia sees are great! They can be added the way that you are doing of course but also taste great in any kind of baked goods, mixed into yogurt and sauces, added to salad dressings and one of my favorites is a drink called Kombucha (fermeted probiotic rich so great for digestion). GT's Synergy (can get at health food store) has a Chia Kombucha in different flavors and my favorites are Raspberry, Grape and Black Current. I hope you have fun with some of these suggestions.

Good Night! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.