STS first time!

Jean- that's so funny about your husband "there's something going on there" Hee hee hee! I'll never forget the first time my hubby complimented me on the changes in my lower body after I started doing Cathe's stuff. He was always good about making me feel sexy before (even when I wasn't working out), but he is definitely pleased with the results of all the hard work! Those boys like a good butt! LOL:p:D

Marie- that floor you work on sounds stressful! I know you're used to it being a nurse and working with those kinds of patients a lot though. Boy, I'm not sure I could do it, though! I'm not good at dealing with unpredictable situations and people.:eek:

No workout for me this morning. Maybe later today...we'll see. I have to work again today so it'll be another after work/afternoon workout so I probably will do something that won't make me really sweaty. I'm not a fan of taking two showers in the same day!:eek: Maybe a yoga or Ellen would fit the bill...Hmmm....

Oh, I made the best homemade salsa yesterday! I used a bunch of fresh tomatoes and hot peppers from my garden. Yummy!! It was one of those salsa's where it's so hot and spicy you just have to keep eating it because once you stop your mouth will burn like crazy!:eek:

have a great Saturday girls!

First time STS scare to gain weigth.

Hi, this is the firs time I'm really lift heavy weigths and no cardio so I'm scare to gain weigth, please sombody tell me sonthing. Thank you.

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to pop in to explain why I haven't been on the forum. I was really busy and stressed at work, and then found out that layoffs are happening Sept. 1 and my name is on the list. My job is being outsourced. So I have been feeling really down and have not even had the energy to get on the computer in the evenings and read the forums.
I have made myself workout because I know that makes me feel better. So I do whatever I feel I can do that day. Yesterday I did TTM - that is becoming my go to workout. And today I did Muscle Endurance - I had never done the whole thing before and got a really good workout.
So I hope everyone is doing well, and I'll try to pop in more often. I have one more week to work and then I have a 2 week vacation to the Cape. And I guess when I get back I'll start looking for a new job, but I'm trying not to think about that right now.

Good morning! I think I am going to take the kids down to my brother’s house in San Diego. If so, we need to get a move on. What is everyone else up to this weekend? Did anyone else watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics? If so, what did you think?

Carolyn, I am routinely in bed by 10 (sometimes earlier!). Sleep is a good thing! I haven’t run in a really long time either. I only like running in the morning and I don’t like jogging strollers, so I’m pretty much stuck. Thanks for the kind and encouraging words! I need them! Today, the kids woke me up at 7, but it felt so nice to sleep in! I have not tried to watch the live feeds. I’d probably just be jealous and wish I was there! Yeah for butt DOMS! I wish I didn’t have saddle bags (or inner thigh yuckiness). I need to hit it harder I guess.

Jean, I did the same thing with “50 Shades” – I just bought the first one and wished that I had just bought all 3 at the same time. You’ll like Anastasia more as the books go on, but you’ll LOVE Christian even more so. It’s definitely unconventional, but a good love story. Oh, and I’m definitely over 40. I’ll post a more recent pic at the end of this. Awesome for the husband compliment – very nice to hear I’m sure!

Missy, I hope your truck part comes in! Last weekend it was the internet, this weekend your truck. Hopefully you’ve had your share of trouble for a while!

Colleen, I try never to answer the phone during a workout. Whatever it is can (usually) wait for an hour. Thanks for the review on the cardio aspects of To the Max. I’ll have to check it out! Thanks also for the information on the cream. I think I’m going to pass. Thankfully, my periods are pretty short and usually cramp free. I’m glad it is working for you! Your salsa sounds yummy! I’ve had all of 2 tomatoes from my plant this year!

Marie, I hope the cleaning and moving into the new place is going well! Very exciting to have a brand new place for your baby! You should pick up 50 Shades (or borrow from a friend, because it seems like everyone has read them) and read it now. You won’t have time after the baby! It’s a nice good “guilty pleasure” read. Your work sounds like a lot of work! Nurses really are so awesome! Thanks for what you do!

Hi Mary, nice to see you! I’m SO sorry to hear about your work news. Good for you for continuing to work out and combat stress! Enjoy your vacation and I will think positive thoughts for you to find a new job quickly! Big hugs!

Hello Betty! Hope you are having a good weekend!

Okay, if this works, here is a picture of me from May of this year.

Attachments

• 5-19 (2).jpg
    5-19 (2).jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 11
It's been a busy day but wanted to check in before bed. I worked til 3:30 today. Pretty smooth day but busy nonetheless. Lots of "behaviors" lately. After work we started packing up some stuff. Gotta get some more boxes for tomorrow. We have more stuff than we thought....that always seems to happen. I was checking out some of the livefeed today. Such a blast! We really all should meet up at a roadtrip one of these days. They are the best! It was fun to see lots of familiar faces from the pictures people have been posting. Two of the three girls I hung with last year went again this year. We have been keeping in touch via email. I told them I need all the details when they get back home :)

Mary- I'm really sorry to hear about your job. That is really frustrating. I wish you much luck in finding a new one as quickly as possible. Good job keeping up with the workouts!

Colleen- Your salsa sounds so yummy! Nothing better than fresh-from-the garden veggies :) Hope work went well for you!

Carolyn- Good story about the dog. I couldn't agree more! It is scary somedays. I definitely have to position myself in the right way with patients. The nurses are good at giving me assignments with patients are are not usually combative but it's hard to predict at times. One of the patients I had today is truly psychotic. She has been on our unit several times. She deals with a lot of hallucinations. She yells out a lot and doesn't realize what she is doing. She is also really spastic in her movements and will fling herself toward people and flail about. We don't like to sedate people but her husband said he is ready for that step. The last drug we try is Thorazine. In the right doses it will "snow" patients...aka fully sedate them. It's really sad. Anyways. today this patient looks at me with a blank stare in her eyes and says "You better step away from me. I don't want to hurt your baby." That was so scary! Got my heart racing! So yes...I am very careful lately. You can never be too sure!

Jean- Ways to work legs! You're so good! Psych is for sure hard at times, but I do love it! Pretty sure my next step will be a medical floor. L&D not so much but I think Mom and Baby would be fun :) The guy behind Cathe is in livefeed classes is Jesse. He was at the roadtrip last year too. He was a real sweet guy. He came with his mom who I chatted with a couple times. He absolutely adores Cathe! And yes is really good with step. If you watch the 15m of Fame feed he is the first one to go and leads the group. He did the same thing last year. He is a true fan...loved him :)

Meredith- Great picture. Thanks for posting. You're sure pretty! Thanks for the compliment too. I do LOVE being a nurse!

Mariposa1973- Hello! As long as you do cardio you won't gain weight. I didn't lose any per say but for sure gained muscle and decreased my body fat.

Is anyone watching women's gymnastics tomorrow? I'm super stoked! My favorite summer sport. Can't get enough of that or the Winter Olympics Snowboarding. So motivating :)

Alright time for bed.

Good Morning! I have had a weekened!!! So busy!!! Don't have much time...

I did Crossfire yesterday!!! Today I got up and went and got hay...and got stung in my shoulder by a yellow jacket. It hurts so bad! :( We were driving down the road and it attacked me. My husband had to pull over and help me because I was trying to strip in the truck going down the road because I had no idea what it was. I then started crying it hurt so bad. :(

Also, the truck saga continues...the part ordered was also threaded wrong....so we then bought a re-threaded tool and my husband did that. He is in the process of puting it back on my truck for the 2nd time, because the first time he did not put silicone on the gasket because normally they don't need it. SO he got it together and it was leaking coolant every where. So no we just got back from Walmart and he is going to seal it and see it that will be it. I am so tiered of driving to and from town.

My weekend......BUSY!!!!

Today I am doing TBT---entirely if my shoulder will let me!!! It is still on fire!

Mary---I am so sorry to hear about your job. Enjoy your vacation and then start your hunt!! I wish you the best!!!

I did watch some on the live feed and it made me extremely jelous. I so want to go on a road trip!!! We should all go to one, one day. That would be so cool!!!

Okay, hubby is calling me...gotta run!!!

BBL!!! and Hello to all!!! :)

Marie, did yo tell Tony that that patient said that to you?!! That is unbeleivably scary. Can't they put you on a different unit for the rest of your pregnancy? You have me freaked out.

Yeah Tony was all freaked out too when I told him. I wish they could put me on a different unit. They have been scheduling me more on the Chemical Dependency unit lately which is nice.

I'm definitely not as interactive with many of the patients if I don't have to be. Ya never know when someone is going to...freak out shall we say!

Good Morning! I have had a weekened!!! So busy!!! Don't have much time...

I did Crossfire yesterday!!! Today I got up and went and got hay...and got stung in my shoulder by a yellow jacket. It hurts so bad! :( We were driving down the road and it attacked me. My husband had to pull over and help me because I was trying to strip in the truck going down the road because I had no idea what it was. I then started crying it hurt so bad. :(

Also, the truck saga continues...the part ordered was also threaded wrong....so we then bought a re-threaded tool and my husband did that. He is in the process of puting it back on my truck for the 2nd time, because the first time he did not put silicone on the gasket because normally they don't need it. SO he got it together and it was leaking coolant every where. So no we just got back from Walmart and he is going to seal it and see it that will be it. I am so tiered of driving to and from town.

My weekend......BUSY!!!!

Today I am doing TBT---entirely if my shoulder will let me!!! It is still on fire!

Mary---I am so sorry to hear about your job. Enjoy your vacation and then start your hunt!! I wish you the best!!!

I did watch some on the live feed and it made me extremely jelous. I so want to go on a road trip!!! We should all go to one, one day. That would be so cool!!!

Okay, hubby is calling me...gotta run!!!

BBL!!! and Hello to all!!! :)

Agreed! Roadtrip one day is a must!!!!!!!!!! I would love to meet all of you! Not to mention roadtrips are the best!

Sorry about your sting. That sounds horrible!!!

Not too much going on today.

So tired! I actually slept well last night but can't get motivated today for some reason.

Done with work at 3:30 :) YAY! Then home to pack some more and watch the Olympics....just obsessed lately.

Hope you all have a good Sunday!

Well, I decided to do Burn and Build today! :D I love that I'm getting better at doing that workout. I'm learning that no matter how tough a workout seems the first time I do it, if I do it enough times it's not so bad. Gives me hope for Horizontal Conditioning Bootcamp! If I can do that one without pausing I'll be so psyched! I still keep the warm up in B&B low impact (follow the modifier...I think it's just crazy the way he does the warm up!) and I kept the risers to 3 for the first two blocks of exercise but then I got brave and put another riser in their for the remainder of the workout. Feeling strong today! lol

Jean- Great job on GS legs! That is so awesome! I haven't been watching the road trip feed or the Olympics either. Other than getting in my workout today, I haven't had a lot of "me" time this weekend. We've had a lot of family drama with my sister so there wasn't much relaxing going on:(. Thankfully, she broke up with this loser guy she's been with since her divorce last year. I pray to GOD that it's a permanent break up!:confused:

Meredith- Jean is right, you look so young! I love it!:D How are you liking STS so far? Sleep is definitely a good thing! I actually function best on 9 hours a night:eek:. As it is, I get about 7 or 8 most nights...I'm a zombie if I get just 6 hours!

Marie- I got chills reading about that scary patient saying she didn't want to hurt your baby.:( Be careful!! Do you think you could say something to get assigned to the chemical dependancy unit for the rest of your pregnancy? Hopefully they'd be understanding and do whatever they could!
I would love to do a road trip someday! I'd be so nervous, though.:eek: It would be so fun to meet you guys all in person!

Missy- I'm so sorry about your bee sting! Those are awful. My sister (the one who had all the drama this weekend) is allergic to bees and got stung twice on Friday on her foot and ankle. She had to use her epi pen and still go in to the doctor for medication...and even at that her foot and ankle was completely swollen. She's had a rough weekend:confused:.

Mary- I'm so sorry about the job situation:(. That's got to be so stressful and awful. Hang in there. Exercise is definitely going to help you get through the stress. Do you live in an area that is doing okay economically? Do you think it will be not so bad to find new employment? I really hope it goes smoothly for you. My thoughts and positive vibes are coming your way!

Carolyn- I thought of you when I was doing B&B! :) Good job on Bootcamp! I just hate being bloated with ttotm. Ick! :(

Have a great Sunday night ladies!

Last edited:
Good Evening. I was not able to use my left arm due to pain in the muscle from the sting. So I just did 45 minutes in the elliptical. At least I got some exercise today. I will try to do TBT tomorrow. Hopefully my shoulder will feel better. It still is very painful. At least the stinging has finally stoped.

Good news, Tim has went to hell and back but my truck is back together. Thank god!!!!!

I hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Chat tomorrow. I am exhausted. Off to relax with my hubby! Thought I would spend some time with him tonight!!!! :)

Good Night!!!!!

Hey everyone!

Loving the Olympics!

Mary, I am so sorry about your job! (((((Hug))))) It's so unfair! Here's sending you big, positive wishes for an even better job, quickly. Please don't despair. Remember that when one door closes, another one opens. We are all rooting for you!

Kudos for keeping up with your workouts too! It's a good way to clear your mind.

Today was cloudy, misty, and only near 70! I didn't mind at all!:D

Good night, all! Will chat tomorrow!

Last edited:
Happy Monday, Everyone! I did Disk 10, and I don’t know if it was the crappy eating over the weekend (pizza and even full fat ice cream!), a long day of play in the pool with the kids yesterday, or the 5% increase in weights, but man, oh, man, the workout was hard and for the last 1/3 of the workout I was exhausting on every exercise and not able to keep up on the weight increase. I only did the first set up push-ups on the toes, all the rest were on the knees. Whew! Now as I type my arms in particular feel like jello. What happened?! At least I got through it!

Marie, Jean and Colleen (hey that rhymes), thanks for the compliment on the picture. I need to come here just for the daily affirmation. LOL! Very sweet of you all! I think the photo in my avatar is about 9 years old, but I like it, so I’m not changing it, so there :p :)

Marie, your story about the patient made me shutter. Please be careful!!! I watched a bit of the live feed and saw Jesse. Ah, how cute, and how brave to be the solo (?) guy exercising in a room full of woman (or maybe he liked that!). I recorded the Olympics last night, but didn’t watch yet… how were the gymnastics? I would love to see a picture of your baby room when you get it done. Such a happy time!

Carolyn, LOL at your dog smell/humidity comment. You (and Missy and Betty and Mary) need to post a picture, so we can see what you look like. Or maybe the rest of you all know, but I would like to “see” you! Oh, your poor son! That poison ivy sounds horrible!

Missy, sorry to hear about the bee sting. It sounds like it got you good (well, I should probably say bad)! Those do hurt and itch. It’s been a few years since I’ve been stung, but it’s not really an experience you forget, now is it? I hope you recover soon! I am glad your truck is all better. How lucky that you and your husband can fix your vehicle on your own. I wish I was more mechanically inclined! I can tell I’m going to have to replace my brakes soon – that is, the mechanic is going to replace them soon. :)

Jean, I agree with you on the live feed, it is interesting to see all the different body types keeping up with Cathe. It makes me feel better that I don’t look more like Cathe, Jai, Lorraine, Brenda or Cedie (although I wish I did). I think about the fact that I’ve had 2 kids, but so has Cathe and she looks SO amazing! The weather in Southern California in generally is pretty perfect year around (I know that’s why I live here). We went down thinking we’d go to Sea World, but the kids had a blast at the beach and the pool at the marina my brother belongs to, so we never made it.

Colleen, you sound SO strong! And you make me want to buy those Horizontal Conditioning tapes, though I’m going to be strong (in a different way) and not to that! I hope the family drama has died down. That kind of stuff is never fun!

Regarding the road trips, Cathe was in San Diego a few years back and I really wanted to go, just so I could meet her, but I didn’t. I wish she would let you just come for a single day or class. I have met up with other ladies from other fitness forums I belong to and it’s a lot of fun to meet people in person.

Hey all! I just finished AB. It was a sweatfest. I really don't like all the floor work!

Carolyn, I had fried seafood over the weekend too! I'm the opposite of you. I eat so much fried seafood every summer (clams with bellies, anyone??) that if you cut me open, I'd look like a clam. Yikes! I can't contemplate how bad it is for me! I eat it at least once a month because it tastes so good!:eek: My friends also brought many, many cupcakes, so we sampled all.:eek: Double yikes!

Do you have aloe? That is really beneficial for poison ivy. Your poor son!

I started to watch the road trip Meet and Greet but I don't have time! I do want to find this Jesse guy that I've seen more than one mention of, though!

It's a gorgeous day with lower temps (only supposed to be a high of 80), but it seems like there's humidity. My floors feel sticky. Ugh, I would really hate the dog smell you describe, Carolyn!

I agree with you on the Olympics swimsuits. Must have something to do with aerodynamics. The gymnastics outfits are pretty ugly, and why do the beach volleyball gals have to wear bikinis?? To me, it's so unprofessional. Yes, they may play that way on beaches in CA, but it's so skimpy when it's broadcast and watched by millions.

Meredith, are you originally from CA (since your bro is in SD) or the midwest? Good job plowing through disc 10, despite all the obstacles. I feel like there's always something making me tired, whether it's lack of sleep or getting tired out by whatnot. Say, you're on the last week of Meso 1! Super!

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon! I have been MIA lately! But that is over hopefully!

It is nice to have everything go back to normal. My truck is back on the road and I am loving it!!!

Okay, so last night I just did the elliptical because my left arm/shoulder. But, I did a 45 minute program with the resistance high. I already had DOMS from Crossfire. But today when I got up....all I can say is OMG!!! My legs and thighs are on fire!!!! (Awesome) I love it!!!!

My bee sting is a bummer. It still hurts but I am doing my TBT workout tonight. I am tired of things holding me back, so I am pushing forward!!! Last week with everything out of wack, I didnt workout as much due to lack of time. So this week I am making sure I do my 2 hrs. Today I started with cardio. So tonight it is TBT.

Carolyn---definately try the aloe.

Jean---As for the scale, I have just been maintaining. Right where I stoped. I will gain 2-3 pds and then lose them and get right back where I stopped. So, looks like I am right where my body wants to be. But, I am hoping to lose maybe 5 more pounds by November! You ask why November???? That is when I started my journey last year.....1 year and 60 pds....not bad!!!!

Meredith---The sting was a monster....I have been stung plenty in my life....but this one hurt like hell for hours!!!!

I have been watching some of the live feed, but lack of time I have not been able to watch all. I want to go on a road trip one day. I would just love to meet and workout with Cathe in person!! It was be awesome!!!

Hello to everyone else!!!

Okay, I am at work....BBL :)

Carolyn, either live or bottled aloe should be fine. Did you know that aloe comes in a drink too? When I first saw that years ago, I thought, yuck, gross. But apparently, this has been done for ages and ages! It is great for when one has a stomach bug.

The floor work on AB is burpees, mtn climbers, spidermans, dragging pushups, etc. I need to conquer them, and that's why I don't like them. Is that how you got your core doms, from the floor work? I did feel butt doms right after.

The summer is indeed flying by, but slow in other ways--on the worst hot and humid days, I'll have to admit that I can't wait for it to be over!:eek:

Earlier, I went to the market specifically to buy lobsters, and would you believe that the man in front of me beat me by a few seconds and bought the last 2 of the 3 left in the tank!?::mad::mad::mad: The worst part is that if I had gone into the store my usual way, I would have gotten them first, but today for some reason, I went in the secondary door and went through the aisles the opposite direction I usually go, and hit the produce/fish area last! Unbelievable! So I have to figure out a different dinner.

Anyone use a Clarisonic? (electric facial brush that works to clean like an electric toothbrush)

Hi to all! Talk to y'all later.

Carolyn! I'm feeling :mad:EXACTLY the same way toward my DH at the moment!:mad: I'm with you on the pool for sure! You just know that they'll bring their friends, and the friends will bring their friends...

I made curried lentils and potatoes, with over-easy eggs on top. So tasty. Your turkey burgers sound delish! Such a summery way to eat them!:) Would you believe I went to another branch of the supermkt, and it turned out that store doesn't carry lobsters??:mad: I am on a roll today! Good thing I'm home and no harm can come.

Aloe drinks are palatable nowadays, believe it or not!

Good night, all!

Last edited:
Good Morning ladies!

My husband was on the computer all night last night. So I never got to get on the forums after work yesterday!!!

Carolyn---I am totaly with you on the pool. Maybe he will think about it today and realize you were tight! Hahahah---they would never admit we are right! I too try to stretch out my oxygen reading. I just love that magazine!

Betty---Sorry about the lobsters!! Maybe next time they will be fresh and waiting on ya!!!

Okay...this morning I did my run....tonight is B&G or Afterburn. Not sure which one I want to do yet!!!

Gotta Run, have a lovely day! BBL! :)

Today I did Step Moves and the Pilates Inspired Abs on STS Ab Circuits. I was going to do Kick, Punch and Crunch, but I decided to give Step Moves another crack while the moves were in my head. I still had to do some rewinding on the later combos, but I had a much better workout today. It seemed to go really fast! I may do this one again next week and see if I can get it all without any rewinding. There are really a lot moves in it!

Betty, I am originally from the Midwest and moved to California in 1996. My little brother lived in Hawaii for a long time (moved there in the early 1990s I believe) and moved to San Diego about 2 years ago. Yes, it feels great to be on week 4. My pants felt looser yesterday. That was nice, since the number on the scale has not changed at all! The nerve of that man buying YOUR lobsters :) I have a Clarisonic.

Jean, isn’t it amazing how 2 hours can pass so quickly! And then you can easily burn another hour here :)

Carolyn, enjoy that vacation! I have to agree drinking aloe sounds weird, but then again, so does the neti pot and that’s been working for me. Sorry for the disagreement with your husband. My ex is a complete ass – that’s why he’s my ex. They make a whole magazine about glutes?! Or was it just a special issue? It sounds awesome! Are you learning anything new?

Missy, heal shoulder heal!!! WTG on the burn!

That’s all for me. Gotta get going to work! Have a great day everyone!

Sorry I forgot to check in yesterday! Didn't have much computer time but today I have a little break here while I eat lunch. :)

Good luck on HC Volume 2 Carolyn!!! Don't forget to modify with a lower step height and take lots of breaks if needed! These workouts take some working up to, that's for sure. I did HC Volume 4 today and each time I do it, it seems to go a little better...although never perfect (not yet anyway!). I'm with you on the pool, too. Especially the liability thing. You just never know what's going to happen and people are so incredibly sue-happy these days! That's why I refuse to get one of those giant trampolines outside even though Mark and the kids beg for it. Lord knows some neighbor kid could start jumping on it, break an ankle and the parents end up sueing us!

Meredith- I used to use a neti pot and I loved it. It really clears out the nasal passages! The only thing is I read this obscure article somewhere that talked about some people who had gotten some sort of parasite in their brains from using the neti pot :(:confused:(I think it was an amoeba or something). The article really freaked me out and I haven't used it since. I'm sure if you use filtered or distilled water it would be fine but I'm super nervous about doing it again...even though I could actually use it. It seems like my nose is always congested. I've never had it checked out but I'm pretty sure I have a deviated septum.:(

Oh and STS will definitely cause you to lose body fat and go down in pant size even if the scale doesn't say so. The scale is a LIAR I tell ya! lol I actually saw this woman this past weekend who hasn't seen me in at least a year and a half and she guesstimated that I'd lost 20 lbs since she had seen me. I didn't say it, but it's really only been 8 lbs. It looks like more because I used to be what they call "skinny fat"! No muscle at all! Fat takes up sooo much more space than muscle and when you get muscle you look so much "tighter" if you know what I mean. Keep up the great work!!

Missy- thank goodness you got your truck back! How's your shoulder feeling?

Betty- Your dinner sounded delish! I really need to make something with sweet potatoes again. Remember that soup recipe I gave you guys months ago? I haven't made anything with sweet potatoes since! I may have to dig that recipe out again! :)

Anyone else watch Breaking Bad? I'm in obsession mode again...waiting for each Sunday impatiently!!:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.