STS CHECK IN ....DISC 6

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! I know many of you have already done this workout or will do it first thing in the morning so I am going to post a check in thread now so that you can begin sharing your experiences. I will be doing Disc 6 in the afternoon on Friday. Happy Lifting!

It is insane! What a challenging workout. My husband agreed to do the series along with me and now he is no longer talking to me...or you for that matter!! it's tough.

The lunges with the paper plates are intense, but I keep losing my plate while sliding my foot back and forth. Does that just come with time?

thanks!!!

Thanks for starting this already, Cathe! I did Disc 6 today. WOW! Now THAT's a lower body workout! I did most of it wearing your 10lb vest, in addition to holding dumbbells. I was sweating as much as with a cardio workout by time I was done.

The one-legged sit 'n stands are really something, aren't they? How much did you have to drink when you came up with that one?? Or had it been a particularly rough day at the office? My glutes are already talking to me about those!

The hamstring/glute work with the band at the end is fabulous. I also love the sliding lunges and the wall squats where we pick up the weights at the bottom. All of that deep range of motion stuff feels so good, and is so effective.

Needless to say, the extended stretch was very warranted today. Thank you for including that on the discs.

I don't think I have any questions about this workout, except "WTH?!" :D:D

Cheers,
Sandra

Completed Disc 6 for 2nd time yesterday. Is it possible I am even more sore this week? - apparently it is. :confused:

LUV this workout! Actually LUV the challenge of every move I look like a total dork attempting.

I shall be thinking of you Cathe - each & everytime I have Potty DOMS for the next 3 days
All I can say with the utmost respect is..............

2.gif
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I do not normally workout in the morning. However, my DH usually has company over Thursday evenings so I have do it in the morning. I woke up at 5:00 a.m. with my DH and I really did not feel like working out. Actually, I would have went back to bed but my DH encouraged me to do it. He said I will so much better once it is done. I listened to him and I am so glad that I did it.

This workout #6, I have to say was the most challenging for me so far. I needed more rest during exercises because my heart rate was really high. I needed to lower it otherwise it would have taken away from my form and the ability to lift.

There are so much lunges. Lunges are very hard for me, especially those paper plates. I don’t use weights when I do the paper plates and I cannot go down close to the ground (to put the weights on the floor, if I had any in my hand). I really hope that with time, I will get stronger and better. I have a strong desire to have a stronger lower body. Lunges = Push-up (there are so many of them and I can’t stand them- LOL) but they are good for me.

I also felt very thirsty during this work more with legs then when I do the upper body. I wonder why? I guess it has to do with the higher heart rate. Does that make sense?

I am feeling it in my butt already. I hope I will be able to sit on the toilet tomorrow. Last week is was painful.. LOL!!

Again, I have to say great workout!!!!
positivo1.gif

STS Disc 6 Check-in

Cathe:

Thanks for starting this thread tonight! I completed STS Disc 6 for the second time this morning, and I can check-in the same day for a change.

Mercy!
phew.gif
I hit a wall with STS! I am super tired. I persevered through STS Disc 6 this morning, but it was not pretty. Since starting STS, my body has needed a nap after work every Thursday. The leg workouts make me sleepy and thirsty for some reason. I knew that I would not make it until 5:00 p.m. today, so I took a cat nap during my lunch hour. For the first time since starting STS, I am wondering if the 5-month rotation is a good idea. After 4 weeks of STS, a recovery week would be sweet! I am still enjoying the workouts. I am just tired! I love, love, love the bonus burn. The band work is fun!

We are having a women’s retreat at church Friday and Saturday. I believe I will listen to my body and rest. A couple of recovery days will hopefully restore my energy so I can join you for STS Discs 7, 8, and 9 next week!

I am sleeping well, drinking plenty of spring water, and eating food that blesses my body. If you have any energy secrets, please share!

I hope you are having fun with your family from Germany tonight. Laugh, play, rest, relax, and sleep well! Have a blessed weekend! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Last edited:
Hi Cathe I will do disc 6 in the afternoon too. I post my comment on monday becouse my pc is in the office. But for now I have to tell you that I'm so satified and happy also if I know that this leg disc will be hard as disc 3. Anyway good work my best teacher in the world

Hi Cathe and everyone that follows,

I am done with week 2 disc 3 (I am doing the 6 month rotation:p)! I am down 2 pounds since I stared STS:eek: I love STS! Can't wait for disc 4.5 and 6 next week:p I was using a cake pan (8i n,x 8 in.x 1/15/32 in)made form foil, works perfect on carpets!

How is you son doing? Finally the snow is melting in Germany! About time!

Tschuss!

Last edited:
I am hoping to be able to do the workout on Saturday. I had it all set to do this morning but my knee has been bothering me the past couple of days and it swells and is hard to bend so I figured I will give it another day and see.
I have this every once in a while. It isn't painful just feels like it is swollen. The ortho said my cartilage is not straight like it should be but at an angle, old volleyball injury, and as long as I can walk he doesn't want to do surgery so I have lived by that for the past 15 years.

So I will be reading everyone's posts and wishing I was there with you. Hoping to be able to do the workout tomorrow.

Rhonda

WOW!

So, I just did disc 6 again this morning, doing the 6 mth rotation, so this was my repeat week....but goodness, these leg routines really get me!

I didn't realize until day 1 of sts that I don't have regular chairs in my house...go figure! They're all bar stool style so I usually sit on my step for the chair work, it's about 14 inches, and I just cannot do the one leg sit n stands and I think it might be b/c my step is too low....I have to do them double legged, but trust me, I'm getting a good wo! I purchased ankle/wrist weights this week too and could tell a difference using those during the bonus segment this morning.....thank goodness for the extended stretch! I love it! Short and sweet and just right!

Thanks so much for STS Cathe!

I did this workout this morning. I thought it was good. I did not like it as well as Disc 3. I loved Disc 3. On the one legged sit and stands I could not get off the chair with my left foot on the ground and right leg in the air. Something to practice on. I did use what other people suggested for the wall squats. I put six inches of step on each side of me to put the weights on. Next time I will probably try 4 inches. Great Workout!!!!

I did this one yesterday and wow was it effective.
I love all the new exercises with the plates and the wall squats.
I went light with the weights with the plates exercises since they are new for me, but I am still feeling it today so they worked very well. I felt the cardio factor with some of the exercises using the high step, and then I was just trembling with others like the low plane lunges.
Again, this series is the bomb! The exercises are fun and effective and the flow and combination just works so well that the workouts just fly by and leave you just wanting to do it again next time. :D

PS- I am remembering these exercises every time I use the potty too.:(

Question for Cathe from DH

I haven't done Disc 6 yet (will do it on Saturday).

Cathe, it is a credit to your program that DH is still working out with me, and getting up very early to do so! Anyhow, he asked me a question about the program that I couldn't answer, so I'm passing it along to you.

Who designed the STS program? Did you do it by yourself, or have to hire experts to advise you?

I think DH has new-found admiration for you as he does STS. And he told me today that he thought it was a "good investment."

Thanks!

Today was Disc 12 for me which completes mesocycle 1. I can't believe I actually did leg presses with a 30lb dumbbell. I love the warm up lunges w/o weights and the bonus leg workout is no joke - i think the toughest so far.

I had to cheat on the wall squats by standing my dumbbells up verus laying them down. This has been amazing 4 weeks and I am looking forward to the next cycle.

This workout's a killer!

Oh my goodness! I did part of Disc 6 this morning and will do the rest tonight. There's no way I can do a 55 minute workout within 55 minutes - it's more like 1 1/2 hours for me because I've found I need more than a 30 second rest period, and I need setup time for the next exercise. Anyway, I did the first 14 exercises this morning and will do the last 10 after DD's ballet class. That will be a challenge as my legs are good and tired already!

I picked up a 10-lb dumbbell for the one legged sit and stands, and tried to use my high step with 6 risers. I couldn't even do one! So I "sort of" did them with my extended heel touching the floor instead of off the ground. It "sort of" worked but wasn't very satisfying as I hate to have to cheat on an exercise. I went to show DH this killer exercise, but since he was in the dining room and my high step was in the workout room, I showed him on a chair. Well, what do you know - on the chair, without a weight, I was able to do the move perfectly. (So here I was trying to show him this exercise I couldn't even do, and I did it!) I think the chair is somewhat higher than my high step! Anyway, I banged out 10 reps each leg, no weight, and felt somewhat more competent.

You know, before STS, I hadn't realized how weak my glutes and hamstrings were, compared to where they should be. I think I am going to be correcting that as we move through this program!

Great workout Cathe!

Stebby

Cathe - I hope you suffer as much doing this one as we all did :p! I swear I had a good case of DOMs going on before the workout even ended!

The one leg sit-n-stands just weren't happening with my leg extended. It was almost as frustrating as trying to do levitations in the ab work ;). So I had to just leave my non-working foot on the floor - but I promise I didn't use it for support :). I kept my weights in my hands for the plate exercises & the wall squats. My floor is just too far away from me for me to get the weights up and down off of it :eek:!

Just finished Disc 6. Yowza!!!:eek: My adductors were still sore from Sunday's Disc 3!!!! I felt them pulling for almost every exercise. I was able to do all the wall squats with weights this week. Last week, silly me tried using the stability ball against a support column/beam. Wasn't easy trying to stabilize the ball!:eek:

Thanks again for another week of leg DOMS.;) Now, I have to go massage with leg and glute DOMS.:(

Wendy

Quick question. Is it considered cheating if I used my high step with 8 risers for 1 legged sit and stands?:D Honestly, I still felt the muscles working and didn't come up for a full stand. Next time, I'll lower the risers by one.:p

Wendy

I finished disc 6 this morning & oh my what a workout. I had to take a few longer breaks because my heart rate was so high. I was able to do the wall squats by placing my weights on my step (no risers); really felt it. The plat work was amazing & really tough but I got through it. The band work was nice but I feel like such a dork. When you mentioned what we would need for the last 2 exercises, I put on the ankle weights; I wasn't watching the TV just trying to hurry up & set up & so I did the both with 5lb weights ( I don't have anything smaller). My legs were really quivering by the end. Actually, after several exercises throughout the routine, my legs were quivering & I had to walk around to get the jelly out of them. What a sweat fest. I loved the workout & actually look forward to the next challenge.

Disc 6 was a nightmare for me. I was so exhausted (it turns out I was getting sick and didn't realize it at the time). I was falling all over the place and could barely make it through the workout. I actually almost started crying twice! I did what I could, which was pathetic and have moved on. Tomorrow is disc 9 - we'll see what happens there. I'm terrified. Legs are my weakness. I sold my 14" Firm step and have bought the 18 inches worth of proper step and I'm sure that will make a big difference in my ability to do the sit-n-stands.
I'm LOVING the upper body work!! Thanks, Cathe!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.