Strong & Sensible

Hi all! I'm riding high on a Peloton ride. A tabata one. I was so sore and tired last night I did not know how I'd do on it. Slept great even with legs hurting after some Potion, valium and a 1/4 sleeping pill, then killed it on the ride.

Ronne, I bet you felt graceful, how is your injury today? Hope that's the end of bad luck and doesn't stick to anyone here!

Jody, you've been busy with the workouts! I like putzimg in the outdoor riding too (did one Tuesday), but it feels good not to dread the hills here so much! There's 3 things that's helped. 1. Lower weight. I'm easily 15 lbs less than my lowest riding weight (30 less than my highest). Makes those hills easier but the downhills are slower because I run out of gears. 2. Peloton has taught me to up the resistance. Since I have the numbers on the bike I've learned not to be scared and back off when I 'think' it's too hard. 3. I took one class that really taught me how to get the best pedal stroke. It had 1 legged drills and while I thought just leaving both feet on and just trying to not use one, what really made a difference was removing foot from pedal, really works the 1 leg and shows where to perfect pedal stroke.

Mary, how was work?

Tracy, any big dates?

So no memorial day plans here, but the following weekend the kids are coming over for a BBQ. We're doing as much social distancing as possible. Staying outside to limit possibile exposure and setting up 3 tables on the patio 6 ft apart for each household unit. It should make for a great picture, haha

Hi everyone

Jody - hope your 4-day stretch is going OK. Well done on the workouts. I never do more than one riser on RWH Plyo or LB Circuit. That is more than enough for me.

Lisa - you Peloton fiend. It's nice to have a family gathering to look forward to.

I've been keeping it really low key with my ankle. Lots of rest, wearing a bandage during the day, icing it etc. It's now turned yellow - very attractive! :D But it is healing slowly. I went out for a walk on Friday with DH which involved going up hill and I was fine. Then yesterday I finally met up with a friend and we were out for about 3 hours, walking and sitting in the park and town. I coped with that fine. The only thing I can't do is any kind of flexion inwards as that's how I fell. So no sitting cross legged, turning my foot inwards. I did my first workout today though - UBSS with the extended stretch. That was fine. I'm still not going to do any cardio at all at least for another week or more maybe. So just UB work, some gently standing yoga and core work. Should keep me busy enough!

Hi everyone! Survived the week! It was nice to be back, have never washed my hands so much! They are cracking after a week.

Jody, hope you aren’t too busy. Some days we were swamped, others we were just waiting for people to come in.

Ronne, glad you are on the mend, be kind to yourself!

Lisa, enjoy your barbecue! We had a fire pit party last night in our friends driveway, so nice, almost felt like we were “out”!

Hi Tracey!

I know everyone is opening up, stay safe! Mary

Hi fit babes! So good to see you! Interesting that everyone is opening up, we haven't here yet. However, our county is in good shape to move to phase 2. Once all requirements are met, we will get there. And I can get my hair cut and colored! I get excited about the little things these days.

Hi Mary! I'm glad you survived your first week back! Did you get some silence away from home? I read about a DIY for your hands--1 tsp of brown sugar mixed with 1 TBLS olive oil to exfoliate a few times a week and it will help absorb lotion better after all of your hand washing. DH And I are going to try it. How was DH's birthday dinner? And have you been able to finish your bathroom? Enjoy your friend get togethers!

Hi Lisa! That's crazy that the restaurant opened like there was no issue! Did n't they know thay would be shut down? I know some people don't believe in this at all but that's not going to get them anywhere. Protest at the capitol have continued here. I am so happy you that you got to hold your granddaughter! And that you are able to get together with your family safely! We're having a friend over to our fire pit tonight and I'm seeing a friend I haven't seen in months tomorrow. Safely of course! Can't wait actually! I envy your love of the Peloton--I don't have a passion like that. Keep crushing it girl!! And that's awesome you got your airline ticket money back! I know many who haven't.

Ronne, I'm glad you are better and I hope your bad luck has ended!! I would have been miserable too if I had a rash like that. Sounds like you are taking good care of your ankle so I'm sure it will be healed soon. I laughed at DD's comment too, we're not doing much here to talk about!

Jody, DH was only able to get the test to see if he currently had it, the antibody test would have been better. And looking back, we didn't have respitory (why can't I spell that word?) issues when we were sick, it was more like a head cold where I blew my nose out for days. And I remember hoping I would feel better each day and I didn't. Never had anything like that before, that I can remember anyway. I'm glad you are doing well and working out! I wear a mask whenever I have to enter another building, it's just safer, and why not? It's not a hard thing to do. As for Stitch Fix, I asked for another stylist. If I don't care for the next shipment, I'll stop getting orders and just use the Shop part of the app. I've gotten a few cute things that way. Actually, it's a very dangerous part of the app for me!

I was finally able to make a mask today I can wear out but I'm still waiting for a lot of supplies. That part has been a nightmare! Good thing I'm not going back to work yet. My dad called me last week and told me he is moving! He's sick of being in lockdown. He lives in a center where he has his own apt. but they provide the meals and keep close tabs on everyone. It's what he needed when he moved there almost 4 years ago but he and his friend are going to move to an apt. complex for independent seniors. (He will have his own apt. like he does now.) He can't even go to the store on his own now (they are in Phase 4!) and he's perfectly fine. So good for him! DH called him last week and asked if we can drive down there to see him and he said no because it wouldn't be worth the effort for us to drive almost 2 hours to wave at him through a window.

DH and I have no other plans now where the sky's the limit, or even in a parking lot! We are keeping an eye on a festival in San Diego in October we may go to but we haven't put any money out for it. I've been following Cathe's May rotation even though I don't have a lot of her workouts at home. I plan to do all of Fit Split this coming week.

Have a safe and healthy week fit babes! I hope you can go to more places! Tracy

Last edited:
Hi all, hope everyone is well and safe. I came here tonight, I’ve been watching the news and my heart is shattered in so many directions.

Tracey, I will give that hand recipe a try! Good for your dad! I hope he likes his new digs!

Jody, how’s work??

Lisa, you still on your bike? How was the bbq?

Ronne, how are you feeling? Better, I hope.

Well, we had oldest DS graduation, two days of ceremonies on YouTube, DD told me we could have gone to her drive by ceremony, but she told me after the fact, grr. Youngest has his graduation at the drive in on Monday night. Strange times.

Stay safe my friends, the world feels like it’s collapsing. Please take care, Mary

Greetings! I made it through my 4 day stretch but there were some hairy days/ lots of opportunities to rise to the occasion. Working emergently with all the PPE is like working underwater, gak. My workouts since Tues have included PH, Step Sync (I've become a big fan), 4DS Ch + Ba, 4DS HIS + Sh, 4DS KB +Bi Tri Core. I went for an easy 8 mi bike w/ DD yesterday, too. I'll need to create another rotation based on my work schedule, that has been paying off.

Tracy, did Dad move already? I've got many masks plus we re use our N95s at work. My cousin made some = breathing through a wet blanket. Purchased from Etsy = Star Trek theme and good quality but still some issues. Disney has some for pre order so I can Disney bound in style. I'm not sure how effective and/or necessary they are in all situations, but I will play along and be genuinely careful. In county north of us, apparently no one wears masks but here, most people do.

I wanted to check in and I will finish up personals later. I'm so sad and concerned for all the racism and violence that is going on. Prayers for us all.

Mary, I missed your post. Yes, it does feel like the world is collapsing. And you've graduated 3 kids in the middle of it all. I am hoping for some positive changes, soon, please, some good please come from all this.

Last edited:
Ronne, is you foot still improving? How is your weather and your garden? Time out meandering with a friend sounded like a nice afternoon. I saw protesters marched in London on US embassy.

Lisa, as always, well done on the Peloton. I'd be a better stepper, rider if I lost 15 as well. Good for you on keeping it off for quite a while now.

Tracy- they make sure we can spell respiratory before they graduate us, LOL. I'm for reals considering the BS degree.

I did some fancy stepping ala HIS again. Stay safe and well, my friends. I'm praying for peace and justice.

30/30 HIIT and medicine ball abs from Ab Circuits today. I was up to my armpits in virus yesterday while wearing PPE. I'm hopeful for immunity, but one wonders what exactly goes on in the body during subsequent exposures. I continue to follow Medcram updates faithfully- I highly recommend them.
Tracy, how did Fit Split go? I've been using 4DS lately. I have enjoyed it!
Mary, have you experienced the Health Care Hero/ Leper to be avoided phenomenon?
Ronne, I liked your recovery workout plans. I hope your ankle has improved.
Lisa, I see your rides on Strava. I haven't used Peloton app b/c phone was overheating.
I'm feel trite, silly, vapid (right word?) for posting in the midst of end of world but there it is anyway. I hope you all are safe and well. And I hope for peaceful resolutions and improved healthcare solutions for virus.

Hi everyone, not much here, so ole peloton! Haha. Actually I’m riding a ride today easy so I can hear the message, it’s by one of the Peloton instructors and ride is called speak up and the message is about what’s going on in the world today. Hope I don’t cry while riding. I changed into my summer lounging pjs today and wow, baggy! These are what I lived in during my neck fusion recovery. Speaking of which, my neck is tight from no massage for 3 mths, not sure why my massage lady quit contacting me. I tense up when pushing it on the peloton.

Mary, bbq is this Saturday. I have to make the dreaded trip to grocery today which segways into Jody and masks, I can’t imagine wearing these things all day, I don’t find any mask material easy to breath through, not even the ‘buff’ I wear on bike rides to pull up when passing people. I do it out of respect to others but I hate it. Funny, riding toward Boulder lots of mask wearers, riding toward the east not very many at all. Maybe because Boulder and Denver has mask orders.

Eek, gotta get on my group ride. I’m feeling melancholy over everything.

Last edited:
Hello friends!
I have been working out, I’ve been doing Instagram workouts, there is Ilaria from powerstrike, her instructors are teaching there, there’s one Omar who I’ve been doing, hardest I’ve tried, can’t keep up his speed or weights, I’m trying tho!

Jody, hero/leper, lol! Some of the neighbors really keep their distance, back up when they see us coming, others have a problem with personal space! Lol.

Lisa, enjoy that bbq! Funny, I can wear the mask all day at work and not give it a thought, when I’m shopping, I get panicked in it. Maybe because here it’s a “suggestion “, not everyone wears it, makes me anxious and angry at the same time. I wish we all thought more about others.

Ronne, Tracey, you two ok out there???

Please stay safe, Mary

Mary, if only we all had more respect for fellow humans. We still have people in grocery stores not wearing them. DH did the grocery shopping! I just hate doing that chore and worse now with the masks. I finally got a hold of my massage lady, she’s coming next week sometime! I guess she’s pretty busy working so time still to be determined, and she’ll only be able to give an hr notice. Not an issue, I’ll take it!

Hi ladies

Been a busy time here so haven't been able to post. Apologies if I miss anyone out.

Lisa - glad to hear you're keeping safe and well. Enjoy the bbq this weekend. I don't have a mask yet - can't say I'm looking forward to wearing one. I know I won't like it.

Mary - are you wearing PPE at work or is it less of an issue for you? Congrats to the kids on their graduations - shame it had to be virtual but what an achievement.

Jody - sounds like you've had some hard working days. I cannot imagine what it is like working under all that equipment - I think I would get claustrophobic. I'm really proud of you! And go you with the workouts as well, you've got a good system going.

Tracy - glad to hear all is well with you - sounds like a good move for your dad. Hope you and DH can have some plans to look forward to.

It's been a bit up and down around here lately. DH had a minor stroke the weekend before last and was diagnosed midweek last week. He's basically OK, no mobility issues or paralysis but he's got vision problems etc. He's getting great care at the hospital - we live so close we can walk! So no worries on that front. I haven't really engaged with the news as there's just so much going on at home.
My ankle is slowly healing and I'm still being ultra cautious with workouts - no cardio as yet. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other - literally!!

Ronne, I’m so sorry! Will his vision return with time? I will keep you in my prayers. Love to you and your husband.

Ronne, I'm sending healing vibes. I bet it was scary for sure. I would imagine it was very unexpected. My at home dd has been having high blood pressure (high 130's, 140 ish) for no apparent reason. They are saying stress, and I of course question is it possible Covid related- in that that is how my brain goes these days. Stay safe in your hospital visits. I hope DH is doing well and you too, as you navigate this.

Lisa, have you gotten your massage appt? I wear buffs at work as hair covering. Its part of the outfit these days. I never wear a mask while hiking or biking, though. Medcram just discussed 1 study of close contact with known virus person x 10 min resulted in about 15% illness.

Mary, does youngest son have any definite plans yet? How about the elder grads? I've never done Instagram other than looking for remodeling ideas. Are you still taking Cathe Live?

Tracy, I might do some non StitchFix shopping. I hear there are tons on non picked over sales at the mall. A co worker bought 5 items from Nordstrom for <150. That seems remarkable to me, when I've strolled through I barely notice any single item for less than 100. Shopping and wardrobe seem pretty trivial issues and in general wasteful for me since all I wear are Life is Good T shirts. It is really hard to dress me up.

I did some fancy stepping via Low Max today. No legs MIS was on last Thurs. Upcoming workouts are going to be weight work from 4DS. I hope this check in finds you all safe and healthy. ~~

Hi all!

Ronne, how is DH? I’ve been thinking about you.

Jody, I’m still doing Cathe, (can’t ever leave her!). Just cheating a bit. Omar is a beast and pretty nice to look at! Lol. Hope your DD is ok, my DD had the same issue with her BP, doctors told her it was stress related also. Well, elders DS is moving to Chicago in October to start his career. DD is starting her masters in special education while she is job searching. Youngest will probably go to school in the fall for presicion metal and welding. Hard time for him to get hired due to the pandemic.
How’s work for you? Are your numbers going up? Stay safe.

Lisa, that grand baby of yours is adorable!!! Such a beautiful family you have!

Tracey, did your dad move yet? Will you have to be a mover??

Not much here, summer classes are starting, mowing, mowing and more mowing. Have started watching Downtown Abbey, I really enjoy it! Filmed so beautifully and I really like the stories. Hope everyone is well! Mary

Mary, thanks for sharing about DD's BP. I guess her's resolved then? Work is busy and it just doesn't seem like there is much to be done for people who have severe forms of virus. Speaking in general terms, I would say our illness rate is just as high as it has ever been. They have started doing voluntary antibody testing of employees- I'm not hearing about many who are showing positive.
I hope all the kiddos do well in the transition. I can see job hunting would be much harder. My DD is getting new students in her TKD school from other schools that closed down, my ex SIL out of work for months- she manages a school kitchen. So many things have been impacted.

Lisa, I agree with Mary, that baby is so cute! I'm happy you guys have gotten to spend more time together.
Ronne, I'm also thinking of you guys~~
Tracy, anything new?

I did some Hiit via Pyramid and some body weight stuff as sort of a make up for missing other workouts. I had scheduled a day off this week but we've picked up so much that we are back to getting called in to work extra so I did go in extra. My baby is 27 today!!! :D

Hi all! Just wanted to let you know KCM posted 2 half hour workouts over on YouTube, just search for her name! Cardio and floorwork, then boxing and legs, 30 minutes, they look good!

Relief spelled MASSAGE! Just finally got one, I needed it!

Mary, such a hard time for graduates. They’ll do well no matter because of who they are with great parents . I can now report, being a grandma is everything they’ve said (and I’ve only experienced the tip of the iceberg!) DH and I were exhausted after the 5 hr bbq, I think we may be showing our age! Naw! I’m still setting peloton records and keeping up with the 30 and 40 yr olds! Hahaha

Jody, 27! Where did the time go? Seeing my DIL swoop in to take care of Kira (feeding, diapers, etc) wore me out. There’s a reason we don’t have babies at our age! Hahaha it’s fun being grandma, all the fun, none of the work! I bet the bp is stress. Now that I know what signs I have for high (and low ) bp I’m sure some of those I had when younger was really bp going up under stress. I’m seeing (and feeling) my bp going down even lower now that I’m spinning regularly. I’ve had to cut my bp meds again. If this keeps up, maybe I’ll be off of them (I’m on such a small dose anyway). I think anxiety contributes to mine as well.

Ronne, hope DH is continuing his recovery. Check in, even just for a quick all is ok so we quit worrying!

Hi guys

Really sorry not to have checked in sooner and thanks for all your good wishes. I have been absolutely snowed under at work this week (7 hour online symposium that we were running one day, staying in the background, making sure everything worked etc. etc.). Anyway, more importantly, DH is making really good progress :D. He went to eye hospital on Thursday to get prisms for his glasses to correct his vision and he was told he didn't need them. His vision is completely back to normal and he can drive. The dizziness and nausea have cleared up, no headaches and he's started doing (light) runs. He's got an appointment to go back to the stroke clinic next month when we're hoping he'll get the all clear. He's taking it easy, keeping busy but making sure he takes plenty of rests as well. So, good news all round.
Sorry, didn't mean to make you all worry; with my new job I literally sit in front of the computer for about 8 hours a day and I don't do any personal stuff, so by the time I finish I just want to get up and walk away from it.

Lisa - glad to hear you had a happy family reunion - how great for you that you can enjoy seeing your granddaughter. How far away do they live?

Jody - 27?!! That's hard to believe - you don't look old enough ;) Yeah, there are going to be a load of clothing bargains around this summer if you can be bothered to get them (I class myself in that group as well - just bought two dresses online and that'll do me!) I can't believe how back to normal the US looks from here with the numbers that you've got. I think we're going too quickly here as well. I'm in no rush to hit the shops when they reopen on Monday.

Mary - thanks for the KCM tip, I'll check them out. Sounds like your kids will all get something sorted out anyway. Hope youngest gets the course he wants. I think going for further study at the moment is a good choice. Colleges will want bums on seats.

Sending love to all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.