Strong & Sensible

A Peloton PR today and an outdoor ride where we saw our resident bald eagle with their nest. Fun, but now oh so tired! Tired is good, right?

Jody, sent you email about phone. Sorry to hear about work being so busy! Sounds exhausting but not in a good way like I'm feeling right now! I feel like my sis is like an old resistant mom (my mom wasn't like that). It's so important the older we are to eat better! I like yummy things too but I like feeling healthy better!

Mary, smart with being careful of exposing your parents. I would worry so much about DH but he's such a healthy person. So our state is reopening Monday. I think I'll continue to lay low (it's almost my normal lifestyle!) I just miss the kids and grand baby! But I'm not going to push them to get together even though we're reopening. I think it's best just to let things stay for awhile and let everyone else go expose themselves . I think your state is reopening too? I'm pretty sure FL is since Jacksonville beaches were open, smart that they are keeping Miami beaches closed, hopefully for awhile.

Tracy, what about you? Your state seems more sensible because you've been dealing with it longer?

Ronne, how are things there? I've been seeing some not so good things like lots of cases. I do try to stay away from the news and live in my own bubble!

Good morning everyone! Procrastinating, lol

Lisa, 2 rides in one day?? Wow!
Our state’s re-opening is allowing elective surgeries, so not really opening. I wouldn’t go to the hairdresser, but boy o boy I could use it! Haven’t gone since February!

How’s everyone else?? Have to workout and then paint the walls, picked out new flooring, sink and commode, also new light fixture.
Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Another Peloton ride today but not outside, too windy! I did do the grocery shopping wasn't near as bad as last time so maybe we are all getting to our new normal?

Mary, wow you have kept busy! Are the kids helping? I haven't had a massage in 6 weeks! I had a muscle knot in the muscle that was affected but thankfully DH and I got it to ease up. I don't know when my massage lady will come, I totally understand if she waits even longer but if this is our new normal then she just may not want to. We have electives, dental, hair, nails, massage all opening. I'm not planning on going. DH will get his hair cut but our hairdresser is always just a max of 4 people in there. Golf course and bowling opening too. Oh and retail stores but for curbside pick up only. Not sure how that will work!

Hi ladies

Lisa - love the photo!! That's a lot of stuff opening. We're in our second period of lockdown, another three weeks so no change here for a while. I'm hoping it's going to be really gradual, it's got to be really. I don't see normality returning for a long time yet.

Mary - wow, that is impressive!! Even if I was't working I wouldn't have the energy for all that! Yes, LM can be a bit repetitive but I'm doing different workouts each time so there are always new moves.

Jody - sounds like a full-on return to work. Hope you're recovering. DD is 'back' at university, i.e. she's doing work from home and has a remote review today, it's making her happier doing something constructive.

Did Lite Pyramid Pump whole body up only premix, got a few DOMS in LB after then the rest of the week has been LM. Went for a lovely walk yesterday which really cheered me up. At least, the weather is nice here which makes a big difference. The garden is mad, I haven't mowed at all so it looks like a little jungle with loads of stuff flowering as well. Messy but comforting somehow.
Hope you all have a nice weekend and stay safe!

An awesome peloton ride and then a quick outdoor ride. I was riding high on endorphins! So the Denver and surrounding metro areas are staying on the stay at home. Sister has many tests coming up, she’s getting more shortness of breath, she said it was tough wed night, then she got oxygen, today at work she took it off to go to the bathroom, some nurses in her office said her lips were blue, took her oxygen level, down to 78. I hope this gets resolved soon. She tested neg for covid but I think she had started it back o the 1st of March (she had a throwing up episode went to dr, nothing), then started the cough 2 weeks later, now 7 weeks later would it have shown up in nasal swab test? She doesn’t seem convinced (and frankly nor are the docs). Colorado is looking at previous deaths to determine real covid cases so our death numbers are going up. This is so chaotic! Sis goes Sunday for some blood work (they want sent to Mayo Clinic?) and hospital wants another covid test. I think she needs the antibody test to see if she had it sans fever. She got someone else to drive her to her bronooscopy procedure Wednesday, I’m not comfortable with possible covid exposure! I’m nervous , so nervous I had an unknown call from Colorado area code but figured I should answer in case it was someone calling about my sister, just a sales call, whew! I think I have to get on and ride my stress away on the peloton!

Ronne, dh had to mow, and here just last week we had a couple inches of snow! It’s turning nice here too, and with getting out before the 11am to 1pm crowds in the trails it’s so nice to get out. That and peloton are my life savers right now! I have a group I ride with everyday, makes it fun! I totally crushed it today!

Hi fit babes! Good to see you!

We are officially on lockdown until May 4th. However, I don't see a lot happening after that date. The concern is no immediate testing with results exist and our governor wants that. He did let commercial and residential construction start again but employers have to provide employees with PPE. We already have curbside pick up for some stores and restaurants are open for take out. I've seen some food delivery cars since we've been in lockdown too. We had protesters at the capitol last week saying we are too restricted but it didn't change anything. We always have protesters mad about something! My dad is doing well, thank you for asking Mary!

Lisa, I love the picture of you 3! Funny Suki was having none of her face mask! Glad your Peloton is getting you through this right now. Your sister's condition sounds really complex. I'm happy you are sticking to your boundaries, you really have to take care of yourself because no one is going to, right? I would love to see my massage therapist and I have an appt. on the 30th. Not sure if I will go or not, she was willing to see me a month ago and I said no.

Mary, I am desperate to get to my hairdresser! LOL Like you, I haven't been since Feb. She told me I'm going to be booked the first day she can work again, she's an angel! Your bathroom remodeling brings me back to when I did that in my first house! It's a lot of work but looks so good when it's done. I have not watched Tiger King. DH isn't interested in it but I am reading an article about it. I feel like I live in a bubble sometimes when I hear of things like this!

Hi Jody! I'm sorry work has been brutal! It sounds like you are doing well though, getting that nice bike ride in and exercising. I hope things ease up for you at work! There is a new barre workout on Beachbody, they are calling it Barre Blend. Is that the one you tested? It's supposed to be pretty tough. I'm thinking of doing it sometime this summer.

Hi Ronne! I didn't realize you are lockdown longer than we are (unless they extend it here). It's been 6 weeks here so far. I finished the Work yesterday--yippee! And I'm definitely feeling it today. The instructor often did things faster than Cathe would so I went at my own pace when it went too fast. Looking forward to getting back to Cathe this week!

Our weather has been a mix of sunny days and rainy days. Riley loves to run when it isn't wet outside so I get a little extra on our walks sometimes. I actually lost a couple of pounds which surprised me. But it's probably because I'm eating healthy and not having take out! That's ending tonight though. DH is picking up dinner, hooray!

Have a safe and healthy week fit babes! Tracy

Hi workout friends! I did BB Supersets today and a bike ride yesterday. We had a light hail storm today and the general storminess was a nice set up to stay inside for the latest installment of watching or re-watching all MCU movies in chronological order -Avengers: Infinity War.

Lisa, I agree that the testing and mortality rate and infection rate are extremely chaotic. My understanding of the current test for virus is that it is about 30% false positive. And the timing on her test seems really off. Can she get an antibody test? IgM shows current very recent infection and IgG shows recovery. OIC you said she is getting the antibody test, that is good. Re fever and virus, I think a moderately large percent of people have no or minimal fever. That makes the screening before entering a workplace kind of a joke/difficult and using it as a return to work parameter = risky.

If I had someone in ER whose POX was 78 and they were blue, they would be admitted, likely to ICU. At least she has O2. What is the normal POX up there in Denver? What is yours?

So here was my personal experience with virus. Exposure at work obviously most likely. I felt "off" 3/28. Low temp on 3/29 and other symptoms for about 2 weeks (up and down) til I felt myself by 4/13 with no relapses since. My test- taken via community drive thru 4/4, 7 days after initial symptom, was negative. My antibody test taken 4/20 (self pay $200) was positive for IgG and negative for IgM indicating recovery from illness. My IgM was 0.964 and if that was over 1.0 it would have been positive and that would indicate current illness. So the antibody testing fits - in my mind at least- with my clinical picture. I won't write a book about lack of testing in general or for the health care providers. Or bring up concerns about this virus being an inadvertent release from bio weapons lab. And I think I linked to it previously- but if anyone wants to learn about treatment etc, the MEDCRAM Covid series on YouTube is really awesome.

Tracy, the BB program is NOT the one I was in test group for. Mine was Xtend Barre with Andrea... Rogers? Our group didn't lose enough weight and results were not impressive enough for Andrea to get her infomercial with BB. My insider on BB programs infomercials though? We were delivered low calorie low fat meals and did the workouts 3 to 4 times a week mandatory. They really wanted those amazing before and after pics. I felt bad about my lack of enthusiasm for the programs and for whatever negative energy I contributed. I'm glad she has her (non BB) infomercial now and I hope she has much success.

That's all the book I'll write today- waves to Ronne and Mary, I'll hit you up with personals tomorrow and hugs to all. Stay safe and well

PS, did I mention my Oura ring data is being used for Covid study? Not just mine, obvsly, but current Oura ring users who opt in. Plus Oura gave like a thousand rings to willing participants who are in a health care system in San Francisco. The Oura ring tracks temp, HRV, resting HR, resp rate, sleep and activity. Mine was dead on when I was sick and I can clearly see the effects of eating prior to bed as well as alcohol. Oh wait, maybe now is a good time to confess that on the same day I posted and complained about my mom buying probiotics and vitamins and cookies and candy- I rode my bike ---to to the liquor store for gin and tonic.

Last edited:
Today was RWH UB circ. It's a really pretty day so I'm going to try to hike or bike as well.

Ronne, have fun enjoying the garden! I've been putting in plants and enjoying mine as well. I inadvertently planted a bunch of tomato plants I'd like to re-home!

Mary, we are running with 4.5 to 5 on days so they are cutting 2 to 3 people a day on day shift. I guess the hospital is bleeding enough that CEO and other admin taking pay cuts and many admin on furlough. So our ICU may be busy with lots of vents and Virus patients, overall, we are "slow". Like I've said, my dept earns about as much credit giving one neb to a post op elective knee surgery as it does for one vent for 24 hours.
How is the home improvement going? Are the kids joining in? I've done some re organization in my kitchen cabinets. ---way overdue!!

Hello everyone! Still in the house!

Jody, will your insurance cover the antibody test? Don’t get me started on this entire disaster. As far as I’m concerned it’s a mass genocide, my heart is broken that entire governments care about the money instead of its citizens.

Anyway, please stay safe! Bathroom is coming along, just have the sink, commode, floor and finishing the trim around the wainscoting. Has been more than we bargained for! And our washer just died! Grrr!

Tracey, we have had protesters too, they take a close up shot, looks like a bazillion people, then they overhead shot and it’s like a hundred! Do you still like working from home? Do you follow a schedule or wing it? I don’t know if I would be disciplined enough!

Ronne, when will DD be done for the semester? Is it hard for her to be home? I imagine she misses her independence, I don’t know if our kids miss it? They like their laundry done, folded and in their rooms, meals, etc!

Lisa, will it snow by you for much longer? I can’t believe that we had snow last week! It was a shocker. How is your sister? I will keep her in my prayers. Must be so frustrating for her.

Not much here, we played poker Saturday night, I lost, lots of laughs tho! I think we are getting on the dogs nerves, she keeps looking around for someplace quiet!
I hope everyone is well, sorry about my rants today! Thank you for letting me vent!

Mary

Hi ladies! I rode like a mad woman yesterday! 15 miles on the peloton with my group (they make it fun), got another pr then took suki outside for another 17 mile ride. Talk about exhaustion! Today I had my Peloton group ride and figured I’d just peddle lightly, surprised myself and pulled out a decent speed/mileage!

Tracy, I see Colorado is joining with the western states (Washington being one) on how to reopen. Our county in the NE is defying all state orders it’s like the wild Wild West, everything can open if they want. State threatening business licenses. Crazy . Warm weather has struck here and my legs are finally out! Got a bit of color on my arms and legs yesterday on my bike ride!

Mary, kudos to you on your house project. I found my next project but I don’t wanna do it! All my shorts are too big! I have to go through all my summer clothes and see if there is anything that fits anymore! Some of the stuff looks ridiculous hanging off me! It’s easier to have saggy winter clothes for some reason, haha.

Jody, I don’t know specifically my oxygen levels, easily 96-98 from what I remember when going to dr. I hope the broncoscopy gets a diagnosis. There only so much I can do, she did sound pretty bad Sunday, told me to make sure her dogs go to a good home. I do think she is feeling awful, she’s holds a lot in so if she’s this bad it isn’t good. She even told me she loved me (shock!). She is one that wants quick fixes so she’s probably hoping there’s a quick fix, I honestly don’t think there is. I’m going to watch that you tube! Thx! I do find it all interesting even if some of it goes over my head! Sis clueless about antibody test, when I told her to ask, she came back and said that they said asymptotic people won’t show. She obviously didn’t understand. Brother thinks someone needs to discuss bronc results since she’s clueless, I tried to get her to think about someone (me) being on a call with doc since no one but patient is allowed in hospital. She didn’t get it. It’s hard and frustrating to manage her in the best of times much less now. My conscience is clear and that’s what I keep telling myself. Hard to express all the emotions and things my I try in written or even verbal form unless you know her. So my sister and brother is a nice sounding board for me but my sick sister has cut ties with them yet ask me if I’ve told them. So she obviously wants them to know. Talk about caught in the middle! Enough ranting, I’m taking each day at a time. Living in the present, not past (regrets) nor future (fear)!

Last edited:
Hi everyone

Lisa - you do your best, family is complicated for everyone and believe me you won't be the only person going through stuff like this which is probably even heightened by the current situation. At least you've got Peloton (and DH!) to keep you sane!!

Mary - aha, I spotted why your kids like being at home so much: 'laundry done, folded and in their rooms'. No chance of that here, DD does her own, cleans (or not) her own room and I even nagged her to cook dinner for everyone the other night!! I think she's getting a bit bored to be honest. She is back doing uni work and it's going well but they finish in about three weeks. When I saw the news about protestors I was shocked; some guy in a car saying 'we're adults, we should decide whether we get this or not' and I thought, yeah but the healthcare worker doesn't get a choice whether to take care of you or not (and risk themselves)!

Jody - good to have some science on here (though it does go flying over my head!!). There are some free apps over here that are tracking symptoms and helping labs with research as well.

Tracy - congrats on completing the programme and enjoy your return to Cathe. Were the workouts quite short, intense ones?

We did have a picnic at the weekend, there are quite a few meadows around here that are just empty so we just walked and sat in a field. It was really nice and the weather was beautiful.
We also had a remote family quiz with my brother in Spain joining in as well - it was chaotic but fun.
I'm starting to miss normal life now, I want to go out to shops and cafes and see friends and family. It feels like that could all be a long way away yet.

Intensity step and BC done. I like the music and cuing. I was the poster child for modifications throughout!
I did a hike Mon afternoon; the weather was so nice, it would have been criminal to stay inside. I also hiked in a different place yesterday. Our county is opening up our parks and natural areas again starting today.

I've had some old people living in condo drama spill over into my life. My mom's good friend/neighbor's son got sick and neighbor attributes it to him hanging a mirror up in my mom's home after I had been down there. That transmission seems unlikely and the timeline is completely off under any circumstances and the accusation is ludicrous IMO. But she apparently called my work and complained of negligence. :mad:

Mary, no reimbursement for test, I'm glad I had it done though. DD also getting test- those results pending. LOL at dog getting irritated! I've seen a lot of memes about dogs and isolation. Are you done with bathroom project?

It’s hard and frustrating to manage her in the best of times much less now.
Ah, yep, I can relate. Your sister sounds quite ill. I hope she gets some treatment.
WTG on the beast mode with all the rides! I'm playing with the idea of getting a mountain bike to try some of the trails around here. It's the kind of adventure I might need to join group for the learning curve. This is where being so antisocial is not helpful.

Ronne, the picnic sounds nice! All of the parks are closed? I can imagine just plopping down and enjoying the sunshine and warmth. I felt driven on Monday afternoon to be outside. To clarify, DD is home, but has Uni work to manage. I agree, it will be a while before we are back to public access, but hopefully in the meantime we will come up with more tools to treat and care for virus patients and minimize the potential tragic outcomes. I believe that vitamin D and C, zinc and quercetin can help immune system. But not internal disinfectant. :eek:

Tracy, hugs and waves, I hope you are doing well.

I must get on with day. Stay safe and well my friends!

Hi everyone!

Jody, work still busy? I saw your outfit on Facebook, so cute!

Lisa, any news on your sister? You are going to be ready for the Tour d’France when this is done!

Ronne, picnic sounds fun! Raining here and no meadows!

Tracey, how are you??

Not much here, DH is doing the bathroom floor, looks good. We are both learning since we are not handy! Hopefully getting a washer soon, used because a new one won’t be available until June or so....

Stay safe! Mary

Well first things first. Sis is fine. Broncoscopy showed nothing, they put her on steroids and 2 days later she sounds better. Dr said ‘no etiology ‘. She took off work all week and now today she wants to come over so dogs can run in backyard, um her dogs don’t run. She wants me to make her a keto thing I had given her recipe for, um, no. 1st there is still a pandemic going on, 2nd, it’s not hard to make, especially since she said she changed her sheets on bed. She can make this easier than changing a bed! I shut that down! So she’s supposed to wean off oxygen, has dr consult in a week to see if steroids are working. I’m confused why her wbc count is so high. Anyway, I shed tears and got gray hairs for nothing!

Mary, I’m a Peloton beast! I killed it this morning! Then did an outdoor ride. 30 miles total and a pr on the peloton, gosh I like that bike more than I thought I would! We aren’t handy people either! I’ve done my share of home projects, in fact when we finished the basement at our last house, I’m surprised our marriage survived! So at this one we hired it out!

Ronne, that picnic sounds lovely! Weather got really hot here. All our picnic areas are roped off so as not to encourage people to congregate . No booze allowed in park anymore, again to discourage people from congregating.

Jody, I’m with you on the antisocial thing. I think that’s why Peloton fits me, I get just enough socializing (high fives during ride) with my regular group I found on Facebook. They do make me ride which is good. I do love my mountain bike, it much better for trails. That accusation is ridiculous, especially calling your workplace! People!

Cool-ish weather today led me to a 10m bike 2m hike 8m bike adventure. Our beaches remain closed but people were hanging out in the sea grapes between sidewalk and beach access. The ocean looked beautiful but I left that area asap.
Mary we have fewer virus patients at the moment but had a sad recent loss. :(. I'm on this weekend but did accept opportunity to de staff one day this week.
Lisa I'm happy sis is better. Good call on taking care of self. I wonder if sis was able to go hard keto if she'd be able to improve her health problems, but change is hard. I'm living proof. I was thinking today how 3 hours of exercise won't make a dent in my fat if I dont mend diet ways.
My mom doesn't get how internet works. She orders from Amazon and doesn't understand why her shipment isn't on the truck she sees in her neighbor the next day. Just saying.

Hi fit babes! Our stay at home order was just extended to May 31, and our state is going to open in 4 phases. We are in phase 1 now, and we will stay in each phase for at least 3 weeks before we move to the next one. I'm very happy that hairdressers are in phase 2!

Hi Jody! I agree testing and results have been chaotic and high in the error rate. We can get tested for the antibody here too but also not covered by insurance. I knew you had it, and I am not a doctor in WA! Did DD get her results yet? I think it was a load of crap for the neighbor to blame you. Thanks for clarifying the BeachBody barre workout you did. They are huge on the before and after pics and I have never submitted any. Not my thing! I'm glad you are enjoying your good weather and getting out in it! Our parks and beaches are opening this week and I really want to go to the beach! But I will wait since everyone else wants to go too. Did your mom ever order anything when all we had were paper catalogs? I'm sure she never got anything the next day if she did! And please don't be hard on yourself with the bike ride to the liquor store, I've been driving to them!

Hi Mary! Good going on the flooring! Especially if it's not your thing. I don't think we've had any more protests. I hope we haven't. I do understand people's frustrations but if we do the right thing now, we won't have to go this drastic again. I follow a schedule working at home, pretty much the same one that I have when I am in the office. I've taken some training on self care during this mess and having some routine in our lives is helpful. Working at home has its pros and cons: no commute is a pro but it's not very ergonomic for me so that is a con. I'm not complaining though, I am grateful to be working!

Hi Lisa! I did learn that CO has joined the west coast states on reopening! That is crazy about your rogue county! I hope they come around. Gallop New Mexico is completely shut down due to the virus and that will happen to your rogue county if they open too early, geez! Congratulations on the lose clothing! I agree that summer clothes shouldn't be baggy. I'm glad your sister is better AND that you stuck to your guns you Peloton Beast!!

Hi Ronne! When I first read your stay at home order was extended longer than mine, I thought, "They better not extend ours!" But by the time ours was extended, I had already resigned myself to the fact that it would be. I also think I will be in phase 4 in getting back to the office. I'm happy to read your weather has been lovely and you had a park to yourself! Thank you for the congrats on finishing the Work! They were short, but intense workouts, each was between 40 and 50 minutes. Short by Cathe standards anyway!

So I thought I should get some more masks since I think we will be expected to wear them for a long time for certain situations. I ordered some washable ones from Amazon and elastic to make some (although I am no seamstress I thought it wouldn't hurt to try). I'm now thinking one can not have too many masks these days. It's like you can't have too many workouts or too much workout clothing!

Take care sweet babes! Tracy

Mary, I meant to say woo hoo! on picking out your tile and stuff. I can't tell you how I angst over every single choice. Now you get to pick a washer too. LOL, must be extra use from all the kiddos!

Hello all! So I rode 112 miles last week! I'm going to ride a little less this week and getting ready for my group 20 min ride, everyone has 20 min! I'm hitting some records, gonna try to today, legs don't fail me now!

Tracy, I worry we are opening up too fast. I'm continuing the way I've been.

Jody, glad you got outta there! I hate crowds even in the best of times much less a pandemic! My outside ride schedule is working, woot!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.